Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:35:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 226
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: seeking advice for new worry  (Read 12372 times)

Offline dan_posgo

seeking advice for new worry
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:46:36 pm »
Iam worried because 25 days back i had some good time with an unmarried girl. We did nt venture into any sort fo intercourse due ot situational disadvantages. first we shared a cone ice cream, alternatively licking .then we had some tryst ina change room, she masturbated me by hand while i gently sucked her brests, and did finger fucking  in her vagina. some kisses were alsos exchanged. there was no noticeable cut in my finger. She has never become a mother till now, but her HIV status is not clear. My worry is that exactly on the 22nd day i  had a cold with running nose,  which lasted for two days. it vanished without any medication too ( 2 paracetamol tablets , saving). Iam 41  and she is 20 years old.
Am i at risk? I need a point to fact assessment from learned counsels like Mr Andy et al

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
 No, there is no risk of contacting HIV from what you have described, please read the  Welcome Thread and follow the links to the HIV transmissions lesson.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline dan_posgo

Would like to have a reassurance from andy valezz too. dunno why my message was not taken seriouxsly by the learned men there

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Nothing you mention is any risk whatsoever for HIV. Seriously.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Dan,

What, isn't a woman's reply good enough? Anniebc took your questions seriously and answered you seriously. You had no risk. By the way, JK is a man, maybe you'll believe him over Anniebc and I.

You had no risk in this situation. None whatsoever.

However, if you've ever had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse with ANYONE whose hiv status you do not know, then you have been at risk from the unprotected intercourse and you should test. You do NOT need to test over your incident with the 20 year old as nothing you did put you at risk for hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
(who might a woman, but knows about hiv transmission regardless)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dan_posgo

Dear Ann,
Thanks for your convincing reply. Iam sorry that i had led you to such a conclusion that i needed reply from a genlteman. in fact it was not like that, i intended.  Just i needed the opinion of those regular moderators, who i felt are much learned enuf to handle such queries. Iam so sorry if it had hurt you. one more clarifincation i need regarding ARS. Common cold for  a day- is it by means a ARS symptom?  Without much temeperature, and with lots of running nose. and hell lot of sneezing in the morning. The only medication taken was paracetamol 50 mg once, and cetrizine 25 mg once. i got once again affected by a cold on the 45th day too. ie today.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Dan

From what you have described  I would say yes you definatly had a Common Cold...as you have been told, by the men and the women of this board you are HIV negative, there was no risk involved.

Jan
(who is not only a women and Moderator but like Ann also knows about HIV transmissions)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
The common cold is just that -- the common cold.

And in case you haven't been paying attention, neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know about HIV status. When there has been a risky incident, a genuinely risky incident such as intercourse without a condom, the ONLY way to know about your HIV status is to get tested at 13 weeks. You can't go by any symptoms.

In your situation it doesn't matter and you don't have to test because nothing you did put you at risk for transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline dan_posgo

seeking advice for new worry
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 06:22:43 am »
Sorry for  starting a new thread with a new piece of personal worry. This incident happened on February 29Th, 2008. Abiding to  all the hitherto read cautions, i had a half an hour good times with a young maid whose HIV status is unknown. Not having a condom handy, i did not do intercourse, nor oral . we laid on a bed, she nude on her back, and i  was on her side facing her. she masturbated me  while i was playing with her pussy and without much insertion of my finger  into her vagina. i noticed she was extra ordinarily wet and slippery, and for my query regarding this she answered that she was suffering from white discharge and was on medication for the same.  I had a good orgasm from her handwork, and with the piece of a fabric ( a napkin)  i cleaned my glans. I have a circumcised penis. Later on i noticed that the fabric was wet from her vaginal discharge prior to my using it for wiping my glans.
After 28 days, ie on march 28th  i had rashes all over my hands and body, had temperature (99 to 100 degrees) , red eyes and running nose along with cough. The rashes on my ear lobes , back etc were itchy too. On a visit to my doctor he diagnosed me as having Measles. Rashes disappeared by 30th March, fever  came down by 31st march, and the reddishness of the eyes have not disappeared totally even by today. The glands at the lower back of the head was having pain too.
I am now worrying if this was ARS.
Iam not convinced it was measles , because the rashes were not that horrible and itchy. Iam very much worried mentally and hence am seeking solace in this forum. I need a sincere evaluation  of my case , by the brain tank in this forum  regarding how dangerous was my rendezvous. Thanks and regards, Daniel.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: seeking advice for new worry
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 06:49:10 am »
Dan,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your latest incident is not really any different from your first one. You didn't have a risk. Fingering, mutual masturbation, getting some vaginal fluids that have been OUTSIDE the vagina on your penis are not risks for hiv infection. Hiv transmission occurs INSIDE the human body, as in UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dan_posgo

i had a breath of solace hearing from you
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 01:35:36 pm »
Though i was quite informed that non penetratin sexual activities are a no risk as far as hiv is conerned, the fact of getting the penile glans coated with a handful of vaginal fluid outside the body, was really terrifying me. In fact the contact was not direct, a cloth piece getting wet from vaginal fluid used for  a press wipe of the penile glans and the ARS like symptoms i had , made me really afraid. Thanks for the soothing reply. For reassurance the question i keep open for all the renowned experts of this forum to peruse. My heartfelt thanks for one and all who take the pains of replying to me.Thanks once again, Danile

Offline dan_posgo

Request to Reconsider the situation & Also For academic interest
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 03:15:09 am »
The incident based on which i posted the last query  in this thread had a speciality. The girl was suffering from  "white discharges" . Of course the apparent smearing of the penis glans with  her vaginal secretion happened OUTSIDE the vagina.  I figure that the "white discharges"  is the  abnormal shedding out cervicovaginal fluid, which is actually a thick mucus which covers and protectes the cervix and which has more HIV concentration. Considering this fact, isnt it similar to the IV needle case? Please post a specific answer to this question.

Is sucking breast an HIV  risk at all  for adults ? Non lactating females also secrete something under strong suckings, i gather. Does this little fluid have an infection potential? please throw some light.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 04:52:20 am »
Dan,

Unless you're an unusually gifted three month old baby who can surf the internet, then you have NOTHING to worry about when sucking breasts. Breast milk does NOT pose a threat to an adult, which I hope I can presume you are.

You're totally off-base where "white discharge" is concerned. You didn't have a risk, discharge or no discharge.

Hiv infection does NOT happen outside the body.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline dan_posgo

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 02:19:06 pm »
Thanbk you Ann. For replying, as well as for  comforting. Jut for the sake of educating myself, can i ask the difference between babies and adults in getting infected by  swallowing the same contaminated breast  milk. Thanks once again for the support given by you all. And  my prayers for keeping the moderators and their spirit  cheer ful always.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 03:50:40 pm »
Babies immune system is not matured as adults.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 03:57:58 pm »
It can take up to six months for the infant's own immune system to kick in. That's why they are vulnerable to HIV transmission via breast feeding. The same risk does not apply to adults.
Andy Velez

Offline dan_posgo

amazed to hear
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 12:11:40 pm »
Rapid and Andy, is there at all an immune system to fight against HIV  infection and succeed ?  Event he healthiest are also felled by it, isnt it? i couldnt make out the difference. plese throw some more light on this specific topic. Iam amazed.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 03:29:58 pm »
I don't understand your question. If you're asking if someone with a healthy immune system can become infected, yes, they can. A damaged immune system certainly would make someone more vulnerable, but those with perfectly well functioning systems can become infected through unprotected intercourse. 
Andy Velez

Offline dan_posgo

LET ME BE MORE CLEAR
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 03:02:10 pm »
ANDY dear, my question was how a healthy person can resist HIV infection while swallowing  breast secretion ( including copious milk)  which is contaminated with HIV . Is it that the saliva in babies are unable to kill the entered virus before getting contact woith bloodstream? please..

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 03:59:21 pm »
It can take up to six months for the infant's own immune system to kick in. That's why they are vulnerable to HIV transmission via breast feeding. The same risk does not apply to adults.

Andy replied to your question completely and thoroughly here, Dan.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline dan_posgo

More reading and more worries
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 02:37:53 pm »
Now iam worried about my kid. he has  crossed his 7th birthday recently. He was one of the twins  born prematurely on the 225th day of gestation and was detained  under intensive care   in a neonatal care facility for one month. During this one month care period, I  later came to know , that a nurse  had tried to suckle my baby .Then the nurse  was the mother of a 4 year old baby but sure  was not lactating. Though ,even  today she is not a proven HIV case, from her antecedents, NOW  i fear she  should be positive  and she should have been positive  then also.  But this suckling incident happened only once , that too for a brief time.  My son is still underweight, but he is active and devoid of any skin infections or stomach problems and is intelligent too.  in 2003 and in 2007  he had 2 bouts of fever lasting 4 days each .  Yesterday i was going through his blood report of the last day of his 2007 fever, his wbc was just 8000 which i feel   is quite less with a fever. (But then The doc had told everything was normal).  Now iam deeply  worried about him. can you please tender advice?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 03:37:04 pm »
Even "if" it were true. Your son was never at risk of contracting HIV from be on a boob one time of another woman.

Offline dan_posgo

million thanks to rapid rod, but..................
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:49 am »
Dera rapidrod, Andy valez and others,

Thanks for the breeze of a reply. in fact my head was reeling for a couple of days. But the Firm "never" in rapid rods reply, can i plese be given the  privilege of listening to the scientific / logic reasoning behind such a conclusion. It is for sure that  the nurse in question was not lactating at that time, but i was afraid of the possible secretions fromt he boob. And is it not ay one time of those multiple times that the real infection takes place. The kid in aquestion is one with absolutely no immunity at that time too.  Kindly throw some more light.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 03:51:12 am »
There is nothing more to add. NO RISK.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 06:09:05 am »
Dan,

If the woman wasn't lactating, she wasn't lactating. No discharge. Even if she was, there was still no risk to the child from a fleeting, one-time occurrence.

And I have to question this incident. Were you there at the time? This sounds like hearsay to me. I can't see a qualified neonatal nurse (or any other type of nurse) trying to breast-feed someone else's child. It just doesn't happen.

I suggest you seek out some therapy for what seems to be an hiv phobia. You've come here repeatedly with situations that aren't any kind of risk. You should know this stuff by now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline dan_posgo

A Reply to Ann,without any malice.
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 02:12:04 pm »
Ann Dear,
Thanks for the reply . 3 Cheers for your sparkling sincerity in dealing with the problem too.
To start with , i have to agree that I am developing some HIV phobia. Whnever i hear someone turned positive, i get restlessdays, sleepless nights etc. And i hope still it is not too late for controlling this phobia myself.

Regarding the query of yours, Ann, it did happen. Of course i was not there, nor did i see. The nurse in question was not a qualified nurse too. In the neo-natal nursing home I mentioned about, which is situated in India (Asia) , the inmates had to bring one person each, to take care of the sundry chores associated with the internment. Such chores included, washing the linen, cleaning  the utensils and feed bottles , attending to the mother who was also recuperating after a scissarean . Kids  used to be kept always in an electrically  lit glass box. The nurse we engaged was a bit unaccustoed to the umpteen hygiene stipulationsof the nursing home, sort of anti establishment type, from a poor background.
One of those days , while i was taking  her back to  her house by my car, we got drawn into  some smooching ; i exposed and felt her breasts, they were small with long nipples. while fondling them, she told me that  she  indeed had suckled one of my boys too the previous day. At that time I was unaware of the risks associated with such pranks. Somehow i recollected the whole incident recently,  and was really getting mad till i got the replies from you in this forum.
Now I think I could convince Ann of the  integrity of the incident.
Ann , please do reply.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 08:02:28 am »
Dan,

Reply to what? You've already been told this incident posed no risk.

If you need a time out to encourage you to get professional help with your hiv phobia, that's what you'll get. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.