Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773217
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 509
Total: 511

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is This For Real?  (Read 5856 times)

Offline MitchMiller

Is This For Real?
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:53:33 am »
http://aidsmapper.com/

Does anyone know of any members?  I wonder how big their registry of HIV+ is.  There's a lot of speculation this is just a site phishing for personal data.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Is This For Real?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:06:09 am »
"Flat Feet"  is an "AIDS related symptom"?  (per their "Rat Someone Out" questionairre).

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:19 pm »
Mitch why in the heck did you post this in activism?

lol, maybe an off topic post?????

Sharkie 

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 04:16:14 pm »
I read through this site and was stunned. I mean really, who  in the fuck are these people? Just for kicks, click on the very bottom link "How AIDS was Created" This is some seriously screwed up shit. I looks like something Fred Phelps would come up with. It figures that it's some church somewhere. It just crawls with christian "Love"

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:13:52 pm »
I think it's trying to be parody. If so, it's not particularly clever.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 07:58:11 pm »
I think it's trying to be parody. If so, it's not particularly clever.

Agreed on both points.  I wonder what kind of message one gets when registering.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:06:43 pm »
I thought this one was kind of funny (in How You Can Spot Someone With AIDS); it almost sounds like it came from The Onion:

LOOK FOR PRIDE
The Infected should be ashamed and dismayed, but part of their disease is often an exuberant sense of pride. It’s not a black and white issue, but one that comes in every color of the spectrum. Look for flags and bumper stickers that actually carry a rainbow. It seems almost too obvious, but the infection can go straight to their brain and affect their judgment, leading to such nonsense as not admitting their infection, wearing leather chaps on hot days, growing absurd mustaches and favoring those of the same gender.

LOOK FOR NEEDLE MARKS
Many of the Infected may have visible needle marks on their arms, legs, face or eyeball sockets. It may sound disgusting, but it’s true. When in doubt, take a close look. The area will appear bruised and have a raised, rough texture when touched. It will not have a particular smell, but you can be certain if the area of infection tastes like coppery bread crust.

LOOK FOR SIGNS OF SICKNESS
The first sign of the AIDS appears identical to a common cold. If you have seen anyone with common cold symptoms in the past few years, it is very likely that they have the AIDS, according to doctors. Even if some of them don’t, you just can’t be certain, so keep your distance. If you have had “cold symptoms” yourself in the past few years, you should get tested immediately. But be careful because they will draw blood, and blood is where this disease lives. Also in the sex organs, which includes the mouth and rectum “in some circles.”

Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 11:00:23 pm »
I agree with JK /Jonathon. This is the legal notice (something we rarely click on when visiting sites.) and it's very telling and all of it poorly done. The name, Circle Church Ministries, is as close as they could cum to Circle Jerk Ministries--I think. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they're for real. Come out, come out wherever you are. But, I don't think I'm wrong.The "legal" notice follows:

This is legal!

When we first proposed this project, back in the glorious, conservative Reagan years, the investors we talked to killed the plan right out of the gate. They told us we’d be sued out of existence in a matter of minutes by the ultra-rich, ultra-chic gay attorneys of Manhattan. Apparently it’s not legal for us to reveal the names of the people who hold the power to kill you in a single moment of earthly bliss, but it’s legal for them to take that glory toll on your business.

We thread the loopholes!

Thanks to the technological expansion of the last 10 years, we’ve created safe havens in nations that better understand the value of protecting human life. Our banking is in one country, our name server in another, our host in yet a third, and our United States operatives are all “private contractors” or “immigrant workers.” We aren’t just skirting the law, we’re skipping it entirely.

We Do It Right!

Unlike the many “free” AIDS tracking sites out there, our results are certified true and authentic. You pay a premium because the information is worth it. Many of the free sites use randomly generated names or borrow from the list of area registered Democrats, which is often fairly accurate, but ours is ACTUALLY accurate.

We Don’t Overdo It… YET!

If we had the ability to overdo it, I swear by every fiber of my straight, monogamous, Christian being, I would not rest until we overdid it. If we could overdo it, we would. We can’t, so we don’t, and that’s how you know we don’t. I’d love to, but it isn’t an option… yet!

We Protect You More than the Police, Congress or Constitution!

If you have a knife at your neck, you need the police. If you have a moistest mushroom tip in your face, there’s nobody to look out for you but us. Is that a lethal weapon or just a handsome man phallus? There is no official registry, but the market has spoken, and AIDSMapper is here to fill that mandate crevasse.

If you believe everything you read in the Jew York Times, you’d think your chance of getting AIDS is about as rare as your chance of winning the lottery. Fine, we’ll use that analogy; if I could tell you the winning numbers right now, what would you be willing to pay? That’s what we offer. You have someone you want to connect fluids with, friend or spouse, we can tell you with modest, though non-guaranteed accuracy, if you’re going to win or lose with that pull tab.

When you do the soft math, you’ll find that the numbers add up, and that the service we offer makes sense, and would agree that full participation should be mandatory instead of “almost” illegal.

© 2005-2008 Circle Church Ministries

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:05:37 pm »
I Googled these yahoos, and nothing came up for an exact match. For an organization that is supposedly so prominent, it's surprising to see this. I guess it all is a joke, but I somehow have failed to laugh about it yet....

CaptCarl

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 08:08:19 pm »
The website supposedly serves the island nation of Nauru  ??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:21:28 pm »
I tried registering, and I'm still waiting for the email for the next step. I mean, I'm bound to be on the list, right?  I wrote an article for POZ magazine.

I also did some right-clicking, and found this website in one of the properties windows:

http://victimsofchildren.com/

If you've been accused of this heinous crime, it suggests you get "Affidavits from persons not molested – - Further, find young persons (even if they are now much older) with whom you have served over the years, and ask them to complete notarized affidavits of non-molestation."

and that website has links to these:

http://scientologyloans.com/  and  http://www.frenchmercenaries.com/

so I think that someone has too much time on their hands and they've got too much damned skill for their own good and so they use it for evil.

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 08:14:25 pm »
Go into the French Mercenary link, and look under the left sidebar an click on Medical Adoptions and Conjugal Dating, very funny.

Captcarl

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.