Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:56:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 357
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Great PR  (Read 9245 times)

Offline ds4146

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Great PR
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »
I guess a few cocktails, a internet connection and too much time on your hands on a long flight can be  bad for your career . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:48:49 pm »
I guess a few cocktails, a internet connection and too much time on your hands on a long flight can be  bad for your career .

I saw a comment on this today on Facebook. "She's in public relations? For who, the KKK?"

Great job!  ::)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »
Someone very clever  ;) bought the website www.justinesacco.com and has it routing to the website Aid for Africa!!

She still hasn't responded on Twitter yet but some of the Twitter response are great.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »
Am I the only one who read this text as totally Sarah Silverman?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:42:01 pm »

Thank you . I swear I thought the same thing and could even hear her say it in her confident but oblivious way she delivers a line .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline darryaz

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:53:11 pm »
From the report I saw, she was fired before her plane landed.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:53:50 pm »

and life in general.  I've turned my buzzed posting alert to extreme high.  :)  I couldn't have imagined having all this technology back when I had a security clearance and had meetings about what was restricted.  We regularly stopped at the base post after leaving the office.  And loose lips really do sink ships. 

Wolfie.  Who is leaving his phone in his office as he's at an employee party. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Habersham

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 08:27:15 am »

I can - but if I had a job and if it was up to people here I would have lost it long ago.

As near as I can ascertain this person wasn't a paid spokesperson but she worked in marketing

So.....she sent out a twete to her friends and followers....
one of whom thought it was offensive and sent it to.....what?   an Aids Charity?  her employer?
so she was fired before getting off the plane because she told a joke and it hurt someone's feelings so now she is an evil person and should lose her livlelihood?    Did I sum this up pretty well?

Ok - she's a stupid woman. Stupid woman walk down alleys in miniskirts but don't deserve to be raped.
Stupid woman send out stupid stuff but don't deserve to lose their jobs.

I got off Twitter a long time ago because I found it boring - no wonder Tumblr, Reddit and Kikme are so popular - we have to lock down everything we say.

I saw this last nite and thought I'd bite my tongue before commenting - I'll probably be shunned or get pecked at.......

I'm going to POST this now lol
Because I Can

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 08:47:11 am »
I can - but if I had a job and if it was up to people here I would have lost it long ago.

As near as I can ascertain this person wasn't a paid spokesperson but she worked in marketing

So.....she sent out a twete to her friends and followers....
one of whom thought it was offensive and sent it to.....what?   an Aids Charity?  her employer?
so she was fired before getting off the plane because she told a joke and it hurt someone's feelings so now she is an evil person and should lose her livlelihood?    Did I sum this up pretty well?

Ok - she's a stupid woman. Stupid woman walk down alleys in miniskirts but don't deserve to be raped.
Stupid woman send out stupid stuff but don't deserve to lose their jobs.

I got off Twitter a long time ago because I found it boring - no wonder Tumblr, Reddit and Kikme are so popular - we have to lock down everything we say.

I saw this last nite and thought I'd bite my tongue before commenting - I'll probably be shunned or get pecked at.......

I'm going to POST this now lol

She lost her livelihood because she embarrassed her employer and most likely violated her work contract or they would not be able to fire her for it . I haven't heard anyone make the claim that she is evil . Your rape analogy suggesting a woman was stupid and therefore got raped is every bit as offensive as what the PR woman tweeted . 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:25:52 am by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 09:23:58 am »
The internet is serious business
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 10:14:25 am »
The internet is serious business

A Wikipedia link or this isn't true.   ;D
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 10:57:47 am »
Justine is an equal opportunity offender. I'm surprised she's kept her PR job this long. here's some of her top hits..

Jews...

As I sit and eat a bagel with lox, i would like to send love to my jews who are all starving themselves right now. #hungryhungryhebrews

Rape...

Someone get the rape kit ready for Tom Brady. Go Giants! #SuperBowl

Germans...

“Weird German Dude: You’re in first class. It’s 2014. Get some deodorant.” -Inner monologue as I inhale BO. Thank god for pharmaceuticals.
— Justine Sacco (@JustineSacco) December 20, 2013

Autistic kid sex..

I had a sex dream about an autistic kid last night. #fml
— Justine Sacco (@JustineSacco) February 24, 2012

Let's not leave Kelly Osbourne out..

why is kelly osbourne giving fashion advice at the #Oscars? #notqualified #everyoneontelevisionisretarded
— Justine Sacco (@JustineSacco) February 26, 2012

I don’t understand why this ugly chick from England has become such an inspiration.
— Justine Sacco (@JustineSacco) April 18, 2009

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenvesp/16-tweets-justine-sacco-regrets-hxg7

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:00:13 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Habersham

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 11:43:46 am »
She lost her livelihood because she embarrassed her employer and most likely violated her work contract or they would not be able to fire her for it . I haven't heard anyone make the claim that she is evil . Your rape analogy suggesting a woman was stupid and therefore got raped is every bit as offensive as what the PR woman tweeted .

Yes - I feel that if someone walks down a dark alley by themselves at night and becomes the victim of a violent crime they are stupid. I didn't say they weren't a nice person. I know this hurts your feelings and therefore I am a bad person.

Willie - thanks for the research. Although I agree with her regarding Kelly Osborne (who I happen to like a lot) it makes me wonder if this just came to her employers attention. So she is the stupid one here and should have added a password to her Twitter account.  No - she is the incatuious one here since stupid is verboten.
Because I Can

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 12:06:15 pm »

Yes - I feel that if someone walks down a dark alley by themselves at night and becomes the victim of a violent crime they are stupid. I didn't say they weren't a nice person. I know this hurts your feelings and therefore I am a bad person.

Willie - thanks for the research. Although I agree with her regarding Kelly Osborne (who I happen to like a lot) it makes me wonder if this just came to her employers attention. So she is the stupid one here and should have added a password to her Twitter account.  No - she is the incatuious one here since stupid is verboten.

Blaming the victim is tantamount to flame bait on this forum so consider yourself warned .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 12:10:01 pm »

. Although I agree with her regarding Kelly Osborne

Yeah, I gotta give her a pass on that one. ;)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »
Justine is an equal opportunity offender. I'm surprised she's kept her PR job this long. here's some of her top hits...

Impressive! She's  oblivious or maybe just shameless. She's ignorant or tone deaf. Perhaps just an clueless, unreconstructed bigot.  Social media reveals a lot about people. Do you think someone her age can change? Redeem herself? I'm guessing she feels righteous now, wronged, and a victim of the PC police.

I don't get the Sarah Silverman comparison, cause you all know Sarah Silverman is sending up idiots like his, right?

I just saw her new comedy special. Meh.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:04:05 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 03:22:39 pm »
When I first heard of this, I thought this was someone who was making some kind of commentary about how society views who is infected with HIV.  I just couldn't imagine someone making an awful joke like that, unless they were attempting to make some societal point.  I mean, I could see someone like Bill Maher saying that, to point out how so many think only black Africans, black Americans, and gays get HIV.  Even in that context, it would still be questionable.

Offline le_liseur

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »
She lost her job because she clearly doesn't know how to handle web communications correctly while working as a PR senior chief for an Internet company... That company works on web image and communication; they would be giving a bad impression on the services and products they sell if they were to keep her in place after the social media lynchage she got following her tweet...

Offline ds4146

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 05:39:51 am »
Just when you thought one could not be more stupid and insensitive, there is her apology.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/21/21998413-company-has-parted-ways-with-pr-exec-after-tweet-on-aids-africa-and-race?lite

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 08:30:15 am »
Guess that white princess doesn't realize the US infection rates in many non-white zip codes are similar to the highest rates in Africa. She still sucks at her fancy NYC PR job.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Habersham

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:38 pm »
Blaming the victim is tantamount to flame bait on this forum so consider yourself warned .

I'm sure glad you didn't get my name for Secret Santa!!!

Because I Can

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 03:44:28 pm »
I'm sure glad you didn't get my name for Secret Santa!!!

OH but I did . Wishing you a Happy Holiday .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 03:52:07 pm »
She works for IAC the parent company of Match.com, About.com, Vimeo, OKCupid and the Daily Beast.

"Words cannot express how sorry I am, and how necessary it is for me to apologize to the people of South Africa, who I have offended due to a needless and careless tweet," Sacco said in the statement. "There is an AIDS crisis taking place in this country, that we read about in America, but do not live with or face on a continuous basis. Unfortunately, it is terribly easy to be cavalier about an epidemic that one has never witnessed firsthand."

This is what happens when people live in a bubble.

I fear for the humanity of the risk bubble dwellers of NYC, SF, and Silicon Valley.  They need to get out more and open their fucking eyes, brains, hearts, and wallets.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.