Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:55:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 594
Total: 597

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: help my stress related hiv  (Read 13751 times)

Offline nordekman

• Standard
help my stress related hiv
« on: April 01, 2012, 12:06:52 am »
my symptom after 1 or 2 weeks exposure is

fatigued. feel burning sensation. that burning sensation starting from legs and move up until groin.
also burning sensation at my hand,palm, soles and randomly throughout the body.
a few rash like chickenpox at my chest, shoulder, hand & back.rash like Heat Rash but not red colour all at my body especialy at my arm. itchy all my body sometime with stinging pain. tinea versicolor. folliculitis rash at all my body. sweat at my palm. if when i not feel burning sensation, all my body feel pin & needle pain.
stinging pain sensation randomly at all my body and face too especialy at my joint and leg. my muscle was vibrate/jolt randomly at all my muscle.
i also fell like insect walking at all my body especialy at my leg and joint.
sometimes my joint feel stinging pain, back bone pain,sore thoat
& feel pain or something discomfort at my neck, ampit & groin lymp node.
sometime all my joint very painfull. my lymp node at neck are swollen. chill or feel cold at night, sweating at night. dry mouth, loss appetite, taste different/hot in mouth when eating. loss weight (november 2011 - 73kg, january - 66kg, now - 68kg)

at early February only fatigued, rash like chickenpox, chill at night, dry mouth, loss appetite, taste different/hot in mouth when eating and sore thoat has gone but another symptom what i have after 1 or 2 weeks exposure still i have until now

what i know my symptom related to peripheral neuropathy and peripheral neuropathy is 1 part of ARS symptom.
It is right?

my blood test at 19 Dec 2011.
my ESR is 93 - very high, what i know  it is evelated/high because  have infection.
rheumatoid factor antibody is 81 and now my rheumatoid factor antibody is 134

DR. HHH said in that link is "The HIV diagnostic tests are among the most accurate and reliable blood tests ever developed,
for any infection.  They are designed to be unaffected by other medical conditions or drugs. 
The only possible exceptions are terminal illnesses, like advanced cancer, or potent cancer chemotherapy or immunosuppressive drugs --
and even these are theoretical only, with few if any actual reported cases of inaccurate or delayed test results."

so i worried about immunosuppressive drugs/anti rejection medications,
because prednisolone is  immunosuppressive drugs/anti rejection medications which i taken for 17days (15mg per/day)

and what i know after read what DR. HHH said, that prednisolone can delay my secoversion/window period because this is
immunosuppressive drugs/anti rejection medications

for your infomation i taken prednisolone since 29 DEC 2011 until 16 January 2012. then i got the test at 12 February 2012 at 10 weeks by ELISA 2nd GEN was -ve.
i also taken some supplement food (royal honey, black seed, garlic, coconut virgin oil) since early January until now

this cases can delay my secoversion/window period? or will make my body not produce enough antibody to detect by testing method?
or can effect my testing?

i dont know what conclusive or reliable that method in malaysia.
it is old method?
if it an old method, so i need to rule out 6 month for do testing?

and i scare that result is not conclusive and  to be change because immunosuppressive drugs which i taken.

i hope you all can comment about this...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:59:02 am by nordekman »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: help my stress related hiv
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:21:50 am »
nord,

Neither symptoms nor even the lack of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about your hiv status. ONLY testing at the appropriate time will.

The appropriate time to test is three months after an actual risk. This applies anywhere in the world.

We don't know if you actually had a risk.

There is no point in continuing this discussion until you tell us what you consider to be an "exposure". What do you think put you at risk for hiv infection? You may well be worrying over nothing.

There is nothing further for us to say until you let us know why you are worrying about being infected with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:22:47 pm »
my risk is, i had genital to genital contact/frottage/ rubbing my penis with vagina hardly with prostitute.
(genital to genital contact, frottage and rubbing is same act, right?)
This act around 5 minute. when we doing it, have a few times my penis go into her vagina hole but not fully, it my penis head only or maybe only half of my penis.
She have a lot of vagina fluid and she cum many times. I also licking hardly her vagina and anus rim around 5 minutes. I also swallow her vagina fluids.  I fingering her too. All this act is without condom.

This act have risk?
how/what risk if she have very a lot of viral load?

sorry my english so bad....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:42:39 pm by nordekman »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:26:27 pm »
Partial penetration is a risk but a very, very low one. The vaginal fluids which can potentially carry HIV are high up in the cervical area of the vaginal cavity. Also, this was a single incident. HIV is much more difficult to transmit from female to male than the other way around.

Taking all of that into consideration I consider the risk to have been very low. You can test at 6 weeks. If you get the negative result that I expect then you will in all likelihood test negative again at 3 months for a conclusive result.

Avoid this in the future by always putting a condom on for vaginal and anal intercourse. Nothing else you are reporting of your sexual play was risky for HIV.

I expect you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 09:57:01 pm »
Partial penetration is a risk but a very, very low one. The vaginal fluids which can potentially carry HIV are high up in the cervical area of the vaginal cavity. Also, this was a single incident. HIV is much more difficult to transmit from female to male than the other way around.

Taking all of that into consideration I consider the risk to have been very low. You can test at 6 weeks. If you get the negative result that I expect then you will in all likelihood test negative again at 3 months for a conclusive result.

Avoid this in the future by always putting a condom on for vaginal and anal intercourse. Nothing else you are reporting of your sexual play was risky for HIV.

I expect you to come out of this ok.

Dear Andy Velez, Ann  or other expert here

i hope you all can refer and comment to my 1st posting at above, because i have had some problem that give me confuse and make conflict although i had testing done at 10 weeks.

thanks.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:13:45 pm by nordekman »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »
You never had an exposure and didn't need testing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 10:00:18 am »
You are making this situation far more complicated than it actually is. None of your symptoms are in any way HIV specific. If they continue you should discuss them with your doctor.

If only for your peace of mind you should get tested at 3 months past the most recent incident you are concerned about. I don't see any reason to doubt that you will test negative. With a negative result at 10 weeks that virtually guarantees you will continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 11:37:24 pm »
thanks Andy with youre comment.

but what to make me confuse is about
'that result is not conclusive and to be change because immunosuppressive drugs which i taken and also supplement food. it maybe can make not enough hiv antibody to detect by testing method.
so, this can make late or delay seroversion for me.

DR. HHH said in that link is "The HIV diagnostic tests are among the most accurate and reliable blood tests ever developed,
for any infection.  They are designed to be unaffected by other medical conditions or drugs.
The only possible exceptions are terminal illnesses, like advanced cancer, or potent cancer chemotherapy or immunosuppressive drugs --
and even these are theoretical only, with few if any actual reported cases of inaccurate or delayed test results."

i scare, maybe 1 from a few that people inaccurate or delayed test result is me

by the way my blood result at 19 Dec 2011 have something wrong at my ESR rate, 93 it very high, and what i know  it is evelated/high because  have infection.

& 1 more i forgot to mention...
i also have immume disorder, my Rheumatoid factor (autoantibody) positive at rate 134

that make me confict and confuse on my mind.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:04:01 am by nordekman »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 04:26:25 am »
Nord,

The immunosuppressive drugs mentioned in the article you quoted above are not what you took. They are talking about very strong drugs that people take following organ transplant - they are drugs taken to prevent the body rejecting the new organ. They're not talking about your short course of prednisolone.

To be clear, the prednisolone you took is NOT going to affect your hiv antibody test results.

"i also have immume disorder, my Rheumatoid factor (autoantibody) positive at rate 134"

Yes, it's an immune disorder - an AUTOimmune disorder. Autoimmune diseases can cause false POSITIVE results, not false negative.

You're just going to have to accept the fact that YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!! You are conclusively hiv negative.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 04:52:00 am »
thanks Ann.

sorry to waste your time.

1 more make me confuse...

how about my blood test result at 19 Dec 2011 (after 25 days post exposure) my ESR rate is 93, it very high, and what i know  it is evelated/high because  have infection.

at the same time my hiv test result is -ve (ELISA)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 07:41:34 am »
Nord,

Your elevated ESR rate will be connected to your autoimmune disorder. It has nothing to do with your NEGATIVE hiv status.

You do NOT have hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Keep working with your doctor to control - and understand - your rheumatoid autoimmune condition. It has nothing to do with hiv.

YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE.

Make sure you stay that way through using condoms. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!! Make sure you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly and with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 12:03:29 am »
thanks Ann

for you & all expert here

this is the fact & infomation, i want you all to know,
i'm  from Malaysia, hope you all know about Malaysia
here, Malaysian Ministry Of Health, also all clinic, expert private hospital, HIV/AIDS/STD Clinic/Foundation and lab to be claim & still decisively is HIV testing result are conclusive after 6 month with any testing method or any generation.

that why make me another confuse.
what you think about this?

For Ann or other expert,
what i know, Rheumatoid factor antibody may bind with other viral antibody. so, would show to be hiv testing method can't detect my hiv antibody because Rheumatoid factor antibody can attracting hiv antibody.
It is right?
in my blood test Rheumatoid factor antibody is rate 81 on 19 Dec 2011 and on 12 February 2012 it evalated to 134.

I'm -ve result at 10 weeks not 13 weeks/3 month, but why u tell me it is conclusive result although it is not enough 3 month?

& 1 more.... hope you all give me youre opinion.
about my symptom, what cases or type of STD youre thinking or suspect?

i'm sorry because my english so bad...

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 03:18:23 am »
sorry Ann or other expert here,

this is just to make me a bit peace of my mind, hope you all can anwser my question

it is what Ann said
"Yes, it's an immune disorder - an AUTOimmune disorder. Autoimmune diseases can cause false POSITIVE results, not false negative."

and it is what Andy said
"the only exceptions when testing out to 6 months is indicated are when
extensive intravenous drug use is involved or an organ transplant or treatment for cancer, all of which severely deplete the immune system."

are  all of which severely deplete the immune system. This is same cases of me?  because i have an AUTOimmune disorder/Autoimmune diseases is my health problem

If i swallow vagina fluid/cum fluid, and then at the same time i have cut at my mouth, it is a risk?

Ann said,
"The cells that hiv CAN infect are found in the lining of the anus, the vagina, the urethra (where pee and semen come out of your penis)"

so, in my cases vagina fluid came into in my urethra, right?
because i'm have had rubbing hardly my penis with her vagina untill a few times my penis go into her vagina hole but not fully, it my penis head only or maybe only half of my penis.
so..., that it a high risk, right?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:36:59 am by nordekman »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 08:31:03 am »
Nord,

You had a very LOW risk. Hiv is very difficult to transmit from a woman to a man. You penetrated her very slightly and very briefly. This is highly unlikely to result in hiv transmission.

Your posts concerning your hiv testing have not been very clear - mainly because you keep going on about your autoimmune problems and it only confuses the issue. The best I can decipher out of your posts is that the incident you're worried about happened sometime in October - but it is totally unclear when, exactly, you tested for hiv.

If I'm correct in thinking the situation you're worried about happened in October, then you can test now for a conclusive result. Your ten week negative (again, it is unclear when this test was done) is not going to change. If the only way you're going to believe that is to test, GO TEST and get it over with.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A six week negative is highly unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

The Malaysian government is woefully outdated with their hiv testing information. The window period has been three months - NOT six months - for years now. Just because they're the government does not make them right.

I've already explained to you that autoimmune diseases can cause false POSITIVE results, NOT false negatives. When a person has an autoimmune disease, their immune system is very strong and overly active - strong and active to the point where it starts attacking the person's own body. This is why you were given prednisolone - to calm your immune system down. The short course of prednisolone you were given will not affect your hiv test results.

Do not expect to be able to keep coming here to go on and on and on about your autoimmune problems. This is an hiv site only - and your autoimmune problems have no bearing on your hiv tests.

If you keep posting without getting your conclusive result - which I fully expect will be another negative - you WILL be given that time out you've been warned about.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 02:34:42 am »
thanks Ann.

this is my testing history and other of my exposure because to clear what you told me unclear when exposure and testing in your last posting

on september 2011 - 2 exposure
on october 2011 - 2 exposure
on november 2011 - 2 exposure

all exposure is the same act what i tell you in my posting here above
but with different women without condom
(frottage/genital to genital contact, finggering vaginal, swallow her vaginal fluid when i licking her vaginal hardly)

i forgot when the last exposure.. so i decide my last exposure is 24 November 2011.

1st test.
19 December 2011 (25days post exposure)
EIA (hiv) negative
ESR - 93 (very high)
rheumatoid factor - 81

29 December 2011
start taken Prednisolone untill 15 January 2012,
also taken supplement food (honey, black seed, garlic & etc) until now

mid january 2012
ESR - 11

2nd test
12 February 2012 (4 weeks after finish my Prednisolone)
ELISA 2nd Gen (hiv) negative
ESR - 1
rheumatoid factor - 134 (evaleted)

1 March 2012[/b]
Got fever - feel very hot inside my body but on skin not feel hot when touching.
this time have had strongly burning sensation at all my body especialy both of my legs, pin & needle pain at all my body also my face, stinging pain also at all my body especialy at all my joint and also feel insect walking at my leg.

and what happen on 1 March make me scare to take some HIV test because maybe at this time my body produce enough hiv antibody to fight hiv virus.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:42:11 am by nordekman »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 05:53:03 am »

(frottage/genital to genital contact,

NOT A RISK.

finggering vaginal,

NOT A RISK.

swallow her vaginal fluid when i licking her vaginal hardly)

NOT A RISK.

The ONLY thing you have reported that is even remotely risky was when you briefly entered a woman during frottage without a condom. You're very, very, VERY unlikely to end up with hiv over this.

I have repeatedly told you that your rheumatoid autoimmune problems have nothing to do with hiv, hiv transmission, or hiv testing. If anything, autoimmune problems will cause false POSITIVE results, not false negative.

What happened to you on March 1st does not sound hiv related in any way, shape or form.

Just go test, collect your negative result and get on with your life.

I promise you that if you continue to post about your symptoms and/or your autoimmune problems - without bothering to get your conclusive negative results - you WILL be given a time out.

Please consider yourself warned for the very last time!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nordekman

• Standard
Re: Dry eyes and mouth, peripheral neuropathy . Please help i am desperate
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 04:48:28 am »
Can hiv be my possible problem? Are there any other diseases which may manifest same as HIV?
Can peripheral neuropathy manifest in this manner – Burning sensation on the dorsal areas of the feet and the hands and does not include the sole, the palms and the toes? The burning sensation is worst when i am lying down or when i am wearing socks. Can, peripheral neuropathy and dry mouth this worse occur early in the disease?
Can lowgrade fever in chronic HIV infection subsides after a few months or will it remain until treated? Can lowgrade fever in be a manifestation of early infection and how long is the possible duration?
Can all these just be anxiety, can anxiety cause all these symptoms and can anxiety symptoms last long?
Can the fungus in my stool means i have a compromised immune system?
Can all of these be signs of HIV or can all these be signs of anxietY?
Pls. help me. I am so worried.

I feel that neuropathy and dry mouth and dry eyes are more specific symptoms of hiv since i don’t have diabetes and other illnesses which may cause it and what i have read that it may be caused by diffuse infiltrative lymphocytes syndrome. I am afraid i might be one of the rare late seroconverters, could that be possible doc? I don’t have any history of cancer, drug use, etc.
[/size]
Ann,

i hope you can answer that paranoiafreak question which i have had bold text above especialy bold text with italic font.

it also same in my peripheral neuropathy symptom but i have more worst  of peripheral neuropathy than paranoiafreak.

then i know peripheral neuropathy symptom is 1 of part ARS who person which CD4 below 500.

i dont know in medical aspect what are weak immume base of lymphocytes counts.
if have only 1400 lymphocyte it is mean weak immume system?
what i read at doctor forum at net, he said, we also can estimate CD4 from lymphocyte counts....1000 of lymphocyte is same as 200 CD4, so when 1400 lymphocyte it is only less than 300 CD4. by the way  it is will be late seroversion for person who has less than 300 CD4 because he/his develop/produce hiv antibody very slowly because he/his have a weak immume system.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:50:01 am by nordekman »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 04:58:56 am »
Nord,

I removed the post you left in someone else's thread and posted it here in your own thread, which is the ONLY place you are permitted to post.

Enough is enough. You should know by now that we do not diagnose symptoms here.

It sounds to me like you're reading a bunch of outdated stuff, adding one plus one and coming up with 29,486. In other words, the conclusions you're coming to couldn't be more wrong.

I've repeatedly told you that having an autoimmune disease means your immune system is OVER active - not weak. Just go get your conclusive negative result and get on with your life. Your previous negatives are not going to change.

You just don't seem to take on board a single thing we say to you - INCLUDING your time out warnings.

I'm giving you that time out now. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nordekman

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 10:13:30 pm »
i come here is for to say

many many THANKS YOU to
ANN
ANDY VELEZ
RAPIDROD

because for your help.
i want to move on.... and want to forget this bad episode...
i know i have health problem and many symptom after my last expose but it is not HIV

THANKS YOU
THANKS YOU
THANKS YOU.....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.