Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:40:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 225
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Part XII: Labors of Love, Love's Lost, and Loving Life.....  (Read 70174 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
How is that for a title? I think that about covers all of us..... ;D

Sorry to hear about your Latin Lover, Sun. But I feel where you are coming from. So is it over or up in the air? Kinda sounds like he wants you on standby if it doesn't work with the wife. The plot thickens from my end and I guess that is why I am up. As I told you all, I had ended it with Rico Thanksgiving night do to what I thought to be him being inconsiderate and not shown up for dinner because he was partying with the ex in laws. I get a text from the friend who set us up that Rico has not come out of his house all day Friday. My gf and her man went by there twice and he says that he doesn't want to talk to anyone. He wouldn't even open the door. They have tried calling him and he won't even answer the phone. I even text messaged him a few times and got no response from him. I am really concerned. My gf knew I had ended it with him because he told her but she didn't know why. I explained it to her which she said she understood how I felt but then she went on to say that Rico really cares about me. More than even he realized. She also said that there were some other things that she thought he had told me about but she realizes he must not of. She plans on talking to me about it tomorrow but now my mind is racing and wondering what it could possibly be. I knew his ex dogged him but this sounds more serious than knowing about that.

I am hoping he would not harm himself and just praying that he just didn't want to be bothered. But I also can't help feeling bad when I know I shouldn't. It has me wondering if I over reacted by breaking it off with him? I admit I have been feeling miserable before finding all this out as well. Will keep you posted.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Re: Dating Part XII: Labors of Love, Love's Lost, and Loving Life.....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:49:40 am »
good morning ladies,

Queen what a great title. we could have gone with the I Hate Men though too  ;) I don't Hate Men but I sure met my share of really awful ones and no, it's not a matter of perspective.
broke it off? it doesnt mean to say things cant change if he changes but at that time, what could you do? "OK see you tomorrow?". You were understanding that he needs to spend some time with his kids (even ones he raised are technically his) but he was completely not understanding of you. And what's this on being drunk, wasn't he on a pain shot anyway? so you will see. you dont have to be cold and heartless but there is a minimum you must do to protect yourself. i am sure you will keep us posted and hope for the best outcome.

Sun, oh I am sorry... that sucks, that's hard. But this is the hardest time of year and in a little while things will get better. I know it's no consolation now, but just the fact that HIV didn't play a part in this whole thing is great. I guess that's risky dating someone seperated. It's something I hear all the time from neg women too. You will find the right guy, who can resist a sexy cop? I know it's hurting like hell right now... but truely ultimately I am optimistic for you.

Betty, btw you and your warm family you will find the best ways to deal with your dad I guess. still so tough though. You're a great daughter. I didn't know what Black Friday was and then they showed it on CNN, people were standing in huge cues, pushing and shoving, and generally acting like they were scrambling for food releif parcels in a natural disaster zone. OMG.

NY, how are you today???

Moon, what a great thanksgiving, and it just gets better  ;)

Sara, if you're reading this, hope you don't stay away from the forums b/c of the disclosure issue. B/c your perspective is valuable, and we don't have to agree all the time. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and same to all of you. I don't want to sound bossy, but Confused, Cam, and everyone else when you post something  and don't follow thru I do worry... I can't always respond to everyone b/c there are so many new members so i guess I respond mostly to the ones who last posted. Sometimes my arm hurts and can't respond at all. But I care...

i am cranky b/c i didnt sleep well. i kept having semi hallucinations about my teeth, thinking and promising to myself to run to the emergancy clinic, but hey am seeing the doc on mon. if it doesn't go well i'll switch, problem is many docs dont accept poz patients at all. well they will not outright refuse you but they will be "busy" and "fully booked". this guy has other poz patients even though he is rude and his clinic is like from the 60s. not just the decor but the equipment. ok maybe 70's... I had to get up at 10.00 to take my meds, and I have to eat with them. Guess I'll go to the gym now, even though am dead tired.

Have a peaceful weekend all,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 07:28:42 am »
Good morning ladies-

Queen, you can't blame yourself for whatever state of mind Rico is in.  I know you will make the right decision.  Just give him time. He probably has some things to figure out.  I am curious, though, as to what your friend is going to tell you about him.  But, you are not responsible for him being depressed, or whatever else he's doing.  He's a big boy. 

Sun, I'm sorry about what's going on with you.  I think it is always risky to get with someone who's separated and not divorced, especially if there's children involved.  I, also, am optimistic for you.  I know it sucks being alone sometimes.  I prefer being alone, but that's just me.  I think I have had my share of such bad relationships that being alone is a nice alternative.  I'm really feeling more comfortable in my own skin.  Not saying that if I met a nice man/woman, things couldn't change.  Patience, patience.

Drag, I'm so glad you're posting regularly.  I miss women who don't post also.  I always wonder about how they're doing and why they're not posting.  Anyway, I hope the dentist can fix your teeth in one visit.  I used to dread going to the dentist, but my teeth were horrible from childhood.  I finally had them all pulled in '89, because the ones that hadn't been knocked out were rotten.  So I've had dentures since then.  I must say, they are a lot easier to take care of, but I sure miss having "real" teeth!  I wish I had loads of money, I would get implants. 

Today I have a huge algebra project I have to do.  I'm really not looking forward to it, but it's one less thing to do I guess.  Only three more weeks of classes, then it's time for winter break!  I'm so ready for it.  I've been going nonstop to school since last fall.  But the idea of having an undergraduate degree is starting to appeal to me.  My niece I just saw on Thanksgiving just got her bachelor's degree in psychology and told me she is going to apply to graduate school.  That sounds interesting.  I wish I would have started doing this a long time ago.  But, of course, back then, I was too busy getting real-life experience! :D  When I tell some people some of the things I've done, they don't believe me.  I wish I would've kept a journal.  I mean, I remember what happened (most of the time), or at least what situations I was in, before getting totally obliterated and blacking-out.  Oh well, I'm trying to use all that to help people now.  Understanding where they're coming from and letting them know they're not alone.  That's what really helps me, is helping other people.  I'm also going to a meeting tonight.  I hope all you ladies have a great day-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:21:55 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 10:50:13 am »
I think this song was originally from the movie "9-1/2 Weeks," with Mickey Rourke and Kim Bassinger........Aren't we all just slaves to love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSqGwOmKEwU&feature=PlayList&p=981635BC137577E0&index=30

Hi GFs~

Queen~  Oh, what can I say about Rico?  I agree with Betty, he is a big boy.  What did he think, that he could have his cake and eat it too?  Did he think he could get bombed when you are sick as a dog and still preparing Thanksgiving Dinner, and then call drunk, late at night and be a no-show?  And now to be sitting around, apparently "sulking" because you stuck a boot in his ass?

Sorry to be so harsh, but these kind of people are EXACTLY the kind of ones that I don't tolerate.  The immaturity and taking things for granted always pissed me off so damn much.

OK, breathe, Cindy, breathe........for Queen.

OK, so you like the guy?  You're concerned about him?  You need to find out what's going on with him if he's worth that much to you.  You say you've tried to get in touch and he hasn't replied back.  Well, you know what's next when you want a man to call, GF.  Leave him be, let him stew and hopefully he'll call when he is in a better state of mind.  Drag brought up a good point, he was drunk after getting a shot in the ER that day?

Somehow I think there may be a lot more going on with this guy than you know about.  Either that or he just isn't any good at handling stress.  Remember the tip of the iceberg analogy I gave you, GF.....  Keep us posted as to how you're doing.  Are you still sick?

Sun~  I am sorry to hear about LL.  Correct me if I am wrong, but he is NOT Cop #1 or Cop #2, right?  He's someone else?  Yeah, its tough with separated guys if they really aren't "separated," esp during the holidays.  I'm sorry you're so down and out.  I wish things didn't go the way they did for you.  Maybe you just need to taser his ass already.  I know, easier said than done, but between Rico and LL, I am ready to deliver some high kicks to these guys!  Gheez!

Drag~  I'm glad you'll be seeing the doc soon, so that you can get the teeth issue looked at.  As far as being cranky, so what?  Its the weekend, crank all you want and be better for it, get it out of your system!   ;D

BT~  Good luck on the algebra project this weekend.  I wouldn't go back to school if someone paid me.  I'm tired now, as it is!  How's the quitting smoking going?  Be a good girl!

Iceman has his daughters this weekend, so we weren't together last night, but he called at midnight, much to my surprise.  I miss him like hell when he's not around now.  We had a 3-day wait before Thanksgiving, this time its 2 days until Sunday night when I see him again.

Iceman has the walk-through at his new home either Tues or Weds before settling on Thursday.  He called last night and said he wanted me to be there with him for the walk-through.  I was really flattered that he asked me to do that!  He's also given me an extra cell phone that he had, on his plan, so we can talk mobile to mobile, without any extra charges.  I told him it was all his fault, all these minutes being used, since he likes to talk so much!   :P  Iceman also gave me a high-backed manager's chair last week, thank goodness!  He got it from one of his stores.  Since doofus moved all of his stuff out last March, I had been sitting on a little juvenile bench seat with no backrest to it!  Yes, even with the bad neck and back, I was on this little bench with a pillow under my ass all summer and fall.  Definitely more comfy now.   :D  Also, Iceman wants to fly me up to Rochester NY in February for the annual convention/banquet that his company is having.  I'm excited, but I'll need some formal wear, yikes!

I have been Freecycling and I am going to get a new dishwasher this afternoon.  My current one is mustard yellow and is prob c.1983 from when my home was built.  I checked out the hood where this lady lives with the new one, and its a nice neighborhood with huge homes, so the dishwasher should be an improvement over mine.  I tried to get a new stove and range hood but someone else beat me to it.  I'll keep looking.

I have had some trouble with the new job application process, and complained to my recruiter.  She is such a little shit, but I have killed her with kindness cause everyone is so disorganized.  I still want this job, but no official start date yet.  I don't want her to call Monday and say "OK, you start tomorrow."  I like more of a notice, so I am hoping for all next week off.  Then I can help Iceman move into his new place.

Hang in there Queen and Sun, you'll feel better soon when you both give yourselves a chance to reflect some and calm down a little.  I know you're both hurting now, I wish I lived closer to you guys.  I'd come over and make you laugh till you cried, busting on men!  I can be pretty good with the one-liners!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:46:00 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 01:07:30 pm »
Good afternoon ladies:

I got done with the algebra project.  Only three more weeks of school before winter break!  I will be so happy. 

Cin, I've been being a good girl as far as the smoking. ;)  I haven't even had a drag off of one.  So, that's the good thing.  I think I might try to freecycle thing to see if I can get an easy chair for my living space.  All I have is a rocking chair and two folding chairs.  I sure would love to kick back in an easy chair while watching a movie.  Do they give away easy chairs on there? 

I just wanted to check in real quick.  Queen and Sun,  I hope you girls are feeling better.  Just give it time, especially you Queen. I totally agree with what Cin said in her post.  Don't compromise yourself!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 03:08:54 pm »
Here is the update......

My gf talked with Rico today. He is not fine but is doing better. The issue seems to be that the ex is not letting him see his kids all of a sudden. I guess the last time he saw them was on Thanksgiving. He likes to see them on a regular, I'm not knocking it. And if I am following right then I came in with the break up. Now to clarify about the shot, he got that the night before Thanksgiving.

I am still miffed that he left me hanging on Thanksgiving. He did call me today and told me that he missed me. He asked if he could come over to see me and I said yes. I believe there are some things that need to be discussed. My gf clammed up on me now about what she wanted to tell me the night before which has left me wondering why. She believes that he cares more for me than he is willing to admit. I admit I have fallen for him just as fast which has me concerned too because I am usually more rational or at least I like to think I am.

At the moment, I am taking a break from taking my braids down. It's about that time again. I am on day 2 of doing it so who knows how long it will take me. I will never do micro braids again!!!!! Going to perm and wash my hair whenever I do get it all down. It needs to breathe for a moment before I braid it back up which means I'll prolly be sporting a ponytail for awhile... ;D

Best believe that I am taking everyone's advice into consideration when it comes to Rico. I will keep you updated on how things progress... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 04:23:55 pm »
Hi GFs~

Queen~  Please keep us posted as to what's going on with Rico.  It seems the tale is unfolding....maybe he was bombed because he was pissed he couldn't see his kids?  And like you said, then you went and broke up with him?  Still, what did he expect, that it would be hunky-dory to skip the meal you prepared?  Is he coming over tonight?  Maybe you're talking to him now.....Good luck, GF.

BT~ www.freecycle.org has everything, at least in my area.  I live in a densely populated area and have seen all kinds of things on there - pieces of drywall, Monopoly game pieces from McD's, kids clothes, needlepoint items, and yes, LOTS of furniture, too.  Get ready, though.  If you live in a populated area, your Inbox for email will runneth over.  One afternoon I checked and had about 150 emails for new items that were posted!

I went and picked up the dishwasher at 1pm today.  It was glossy black, with flat-touch buttons on the front, very nice.

Then I opened the fucking door to the thing.

The lady had posted that it "had a few water stains" in it from when her well filter went bad.  She said she had scrubbed and scrubbed but nothing had come off.  It looked like a fire had happened inside the dishwasher and soot was left everywhere.  The racks and utensil baskets were coated with grey funk.  I took it anyway, thinking I could clean it, and perhaps replace the racks with the ones from mine.  The more I thought about it today, the more I knew what I had to do.  The dishwasher is sitting in the county landfill where I dropped it a little while ago.

I sent Iceman a text on my drive back home, he called earlier when I was picking up the dishwasher.  He was out shopping with family and ordered a new washer/dryer and looked at a kitchen table and chairs for the new place.  So, anyway, I sent him a text saying I had dumped the "new" dishwasher, I didn't even want to take it out of my Jeep and bring it into the house.  I knew I wouldn't be happy with it.

Iceman sent a text back, saying to go look at my email.  I wanted to see what the kitchen table and chairs he ordered would look like, and he said he would send a pic earlier in the day.  So, I just got home a little while ago and the subject to his email is "Dishwasher," not table and chairs.  I figure he's sent a cartoon or a picture of some poor kid wearing an apron and yellow rubber gloves, hence a "dishwasher."  Keep in mind that Iceman has a great sense of humor and a very big heart.  Here's the email to me:

"I am sorry, but I cannot see you using a funky, water stained dishwasher that came from the the mountains. Your dishes will get funk on them and the plates will taste like horse butt. I have a solution, follow this link and you will see. We will pick this up this week when it comes in and I will install as soon as I can. You cannot fight me and you will obey!!! "

I haven't called him cause he's with his girls, but I called my parents, who are driving back from Georgia today.  I think Iceman has ordered me a new dishwasher.  I'm numb now.  Oh goodness, I think he just sent a text to my other cell phone.  Gotta go check now.

Oh my, its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 04:53:52 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 05:22:02 pm »
Hey ladies!!

Queen great title, I love it! As far as Rico is concerned  I know your worried but you need to stand your ground. People will only treat you the way you allow yourself to be treated. I agree with Cindy on the “tip of the iceberg thing”

Dragonette~ I hope all goes well with your teeth. I feel your pain, I hate the dentist. As a matter of fact I just cracked a tooth and I’m more upset about going to the dentist then about the tooth

Betty, congrats on doing so well! I have tons of homework to do but very little energy. I gotta get my butt moving. I think I’ll spend tomorrow cramming.

Cindy your man is awesome… that’s all I can say. I’m so glad you found him!

As for myself, I finally got my Christmas decorations up. I’m exhausted now. I haven’t spoken to MM since Tuesday. He called my phone all day Tuesday but I was just so frustrated that I didn’t want to speak to him. I want to talk to him now, I guess in a way I just want some comfort and him to be there for me but I’m afraid to call and be disappointed or let down again so I haven’t. I’m not sure what to do, to call or not to call? That is the question of the day ladies!! Remember I’m due to be induced on 12/4 if I don’t go into labor by then on my own. MM keeps saying he wants to be there but I’m not sure what to think. To I call him and either risk dissapointment again or do I leave it alone knowing that I will definitely be all alone when it comes to this?

Well besides that I’m still broke as hell. Monday will be another round of phone calls and I’m just wondering how I’ll get back and forth to school and to the doctor Friday.

On that note I hope everyone is having a great evening. I’m off to make dinner.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 06:50:05 pm »
NY~

I had a feeling you'd be due close to the 3rd!  Call me Ms. Cleo.  Good girl, getting all of those decorations up, I still haven't hauled the ornaments out of my basement, just put up the tree and lights the other night.  I also bought two little candy cane ornaments with my name and Iceman's name on them, and we hung them up on Thanksgiving night, on the tree.

It sounds like you're doing a little better now than you were Tuesday.  Why not call MM and see what's up?  If he wants to be there for you and you want him around, give him the benefit of the doubt.  If he starts acting like an ass on the phone, well....you can always cut it short, right?

I'm off to make dinner, too.  I hope Queen is OK tonight......

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:42:04 pm »
Good evening ladies:

I just got back from going out to eat with a friend, going to the 50% off sale at Goodwill and going to a meeting.  They also just opened a Fannie May store close by where I live and we stopped in there also.  I only had one piece of candy, and I remember why I absolutely love Fannie May chocolates!  I had a dark chocolate vanilla buttercream.  Yummmm. 

OK, so Rico might have been pissed off because he didn't get to see his kids.  But to reason that that was the cause of his drinking?  No.  Because that's like him saying "I'm going to get drunk on you," like a child would say.  He is an adult, responsible for his own actions.  If he says that he drank because of not seeing his kids, that's just an excuse.  People drink because they want to.  No one forces alcohol down people's throats.  I'm not trying to be too much of a hard-ass.  It just makes me a little miffed when people don't take responsibility for their own actions, especially grown adults.  It is early on in the relationship though, Queen.  And you gotta give someone a fair chance I suppose.  People are entitled to "fuck-ups."  We're all human.  Just please fella, take some responsibility!

Cin, wow, so Iceman bought you a dishwasher?  Girl, can you order another guy just like him and send him to me? :D  He sounds like a dream come true.  And it couldn't have happened to a better person.  You deserve all the happiness you're getting.  You are always trying to help people, let life give back to you.  BTW, what did you make for supper?  Something that involved Thanksgiving leftovers?  I always love the turkey sandwiches that come after the big meal.  I will try that freecycle.  Where I live is a small community, but I do live like five minutes away from South Bend, Indiana, which, as most people know, is a fairly big town (it's where Notre Dame is).  Not like Chicago or anything, but do you know the FBI has said there are more murders in South Bend than there are in Gary, Indiana?!  Wow, I'm glad I live in Mishawaka, which is just east of South Bend.  Where I live is very quiet and has really decent people.  I like it. 

NY, I can't believe it's almost time!  Wow! ;D  If you want MM there, then have him come.  It is his child also.  But don't have him come if it's going to stress you totally out.  You need to be as relaxed as you possibly can be when you give birth.  Maybe feel him out on the phone and see how he acts.  If he says he's going to come, try not to get real anxious when he's supposed to come.  You know what I'm saying?  Just concentrate on that beautiful new baby you're bringing into the world and the kids you have now.  They're truly blessings.  If it weren't for our children, what would we do?  I'm glad you're decorating for Christmas.  Sometimes just seeing decorations makes me feel better. 

Well, I'm going to go to bed soon.  I have to deacon at my church tomorrow and do laundry.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »
Hi GFs~

I have been trying to patiently wait for tonight to get here.  Iceman will be here around 630pm or so.  I can't wait to see him again, I am falling so hard for this man....  :D

Last night I made a chicken casserole thing.  I had been dipping into Thanksgiving Dinner leftovers Friday, so I figured I'd better save some!  Iceman said he wanted leftovers tonight for dinner!  Yikes!  I think I have just enough, I know there are PLENTY of mashed potatoes, though, lol!

OK, so only four hours and he will be on his way here!  I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!   Also, the walk-through at his new place is at 11am on Tuesday and then we will go pick up the new dishwasher for my place. 

I hope that recruiter doesn't want me to start work on Tuesday.  This entire process has really pissed me off.  You should have seen the reply she sent to me, saying I embarrassed her cause I copied my email to other people involved with the process.  What a joke.  I have also been worried that I may not get the job now, that she'll retract it.  She stated in the email sent on Thanksgiving Day that if I still wanted the job, to call her.  I called both numbers and emailed her on Friday.  I still have more paperwork to fill out and fax on Monday, because their online system is crap.  I was doing all of this rushing around last week, thinking I would be starting on Monday 11/26, and the paperwork HAD to be in if I were to start work.  Ugh!

Drag~  To answer a question you posed about the GM and the two interviews at the dream job in early October.....If you recall, I had followed up every week after the interviews, left a message on 11/2.  The GM called ME on Monday 11/5 and said he and the owner would sit down and talk, and then things would perhaps start.  The owner and the GM both have sick family that have occupied their time as well.

Anyways, after that call from him on 11/5, I figured I would leave the ball in his court and not pursue it anymore.  So, its been three weeks tomorrow since GM called me back.  I can't wait forever, you know?  I'm disappointed, esp since I am going to be working for $10,000 less, under the watchful guise of my recruiter.  I have dubbed her "Polly Prissy Pants" aka PPP, for those of you in the US who used to watch South Park.

I have really been feeling stressed about getting this new job because I never did a face to face interview, I haven't been given details about the tasks, I haven't seen the environment or met the people at the job.  All I have done is run around like a chicken turkey with my head cut off last week, and then PPP gives me shit.  I am 38 and don't need to be talked down to by some 22yo recruiter who sent me a very unprofessional email.  Yeah, Scorpios are vindictive.  Once I get my foot in the door and start working, she had better not cross me.  I will go straight to her supervisor in TX and bitch to high hell.

Shit.  Now I am fearing that my ranting will bite me in the ass and she will retract the job from me.  Crap.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 05:16:58 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 05:08:05 pm »
Hey girls!

Well Cin, your guess was really good, I'm actually due on the 8th but I'm being induced most likely on the 4th. The doctors want to make sure I get the IV AZT on time and they also want as much control over my labor as possible. Like making sure my membranes dont rupture too early or nothing happens that can risk transmission to the baby. Its easier to induce and watch my labor closely then to wait for it to happen on it's own. So we're down to just about a week. Thank God cause I'm done!!

s for MM, I'm still frustrated. I told him (nicely) that I was frustrated with the situation and his answer was "what else is new". So I got mad and pretty much told him to go to hell.

Still haven't done my school work, I'm procrastinating. I know I'll regret it but I just dont have any motivation today. 'm going to keep this short and sweet I'm tired and in the middle of making dinner. I'll come back later. I hope everyone is having a great evening!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 05:21:32 pm »
Hey Girls---

I am doing fine, no need to worry. It is just taking me forever to take these damn braids down. Yes, Rico did show up yesterday and we talked. I didn't let him off the hook for the dinner but understood where he was coming from if he would've gotten pulled over for drunk driving. He doesn't have a car but a bike and they can charge you for that here even if it is a bike.

Besides me, his issue seems to be with his ex's choice of men but I told him that is nothing he needs to be concerned about even if he doesn't want the man around his son. Which there seems to be a question of paternity as well. He has a court hearing tomorrow in regards to I guess is visitation but I told him if he has doubt about paternity then he needs to bring it up at this hearing.

We also talked about us and our feeling for each other which we admit we have but we both are afraid of being hurt. How do you get past the hurt of past relationships? Not an easy thing to do. I did text with my one gf today and told her we need to talk face to face. I am still trying to get to the bottom of what she has to tell me but I need to discuss some other things with her too. Things are starting to reveal themselves in regards to what is going on with Rico but I still feel for him being in a new place and trying to deal the best way he can. So, I guess in a nutshell is that I haven't given up on him and the relationship between us for lack of a better word is still new. Kinda that getting to know you period.

Ny-- I feel your pain in regards to MM but still let him know when you are due to deliver. If he doesn't show up then that should tell you something. Sorry that you are still broke. Disability takes forever to get, it took me trying twice just to get it but has heard of others literally having to hire a lawyer. I hope you don't have to do that.

*singing Salt N Pepa's What a Man to Cindy*....Seems like you have hit the jackpot with Iceman. I couldn't be happier for you. I am glad things are going so smoothly for you. Let us know how that new dishwasher works out.

Betty--- I am not so sure Rico's drinking was because he couldn't see the kids. I think he just over did it partying with my gf's fam and her bf. Not an excuse, you are right and I let him know this. I also told him that it looked kind of strange to me that he would be celebrating with his ex in laws but at the same time, he doesn't know anyone else up here other than them and me. But since the ex has brought her married lover up here things have kind of changed and he sees it. I think his feelings got hurt but he hasn't been back around them since then. The plot kind of thickens with the married lover too. It would seem that her lover has had dealings with someone who was poz back where they are from. I asked if this was speculation or fact, he says it is fact because I guess the poz female came forward and admitted that they had dealings w/o a condom. I swear I feel like I am caught in a hispanic soap opera.

Well I need to get back to taking down my hair. I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am fine.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 05:28:57 am »
OMG I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.  I swear, I only got an hour of sleep because someone was snoring, and it wasn't Cheech, lol.   :o   :o   :o  Iceman just left to go to the gym and get his day started.  He has buddies that he meets there bright and early.

We went out to dinner last night, so I get the last round of Thanksgiving leftovers, lol.  After dinner, we basically came home and went to bed early.  I got all upset, thinking about the future, being uncertain whether this good thing between he and I would last because its just that -- good.  Iceman talked to me for awhile and made me feel better.  Then he had to go and snore, sleeping like a baby, while I tossed and turned, lol.

Queen~ I'm glad you're OK.  Things sound relatively calm over there, even though the plot may be thickening and things are unfolding.  As far as getting past the hurt of past relationships, well, I guess that's what came to the surface with me last night, too.  You just have to trust each other.  Easier to say than do, I know.  I could have kept my emotions and feelings to myself, but I just put them out there, ended up crying all over Iceman, but at least he knows where my head is.  Rico knows where your head is too, it sounds like.  It seems like the two of you are getting closer.  I hope things work out for you.

NY~  Your man keeps giving you shit, gheez.  You guys argue a lot, but what does he expect, with you being due any minute now?  You're tired and uncomfortable.  I wish he would cut you some slack, step up and be a man.  I'll stay tuned.  Hope you're doing better when you read this.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:05:21 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

tendai

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 06:30:39 am »
Hie ladies

Queen - Glad u're doing ok. For damn sure u're in the middle of a soap opera. i'm so holding my breath on this. i dont even want to speculate on whats next. something explosive i bet.
2. i swore to myself that i would NEVER get braided again.  i had them done once and i sat for 7 hours and it was so painful. fortunately my hair was short back then so when i was undoing them we just cut them to where my hair started and then just unplaited. but never again. i'm sticking to weaves or my own hair..

Betty- good on yu on the algrebra. and the smoking. step by step....day by day

NY - maybe try concentrating on the baby and leave MM alone. u know the frustration can only get the BP up and all.  if he wants to be there he'll be there just keep your fingers crossed that he'll step up. like Drag says "Expect the best prepare for the worst". i'm hoping he'll come. he'll regret missing his childs birth..

Cindy - hope the job thing goes well with PPP.  Iceman seems to get better everyday. like he's God present to u after all the shit. getting u a dishwasher and all. wow..

Sun- sorry about LL. damn married men. had my fair share of that and i'm not going down that road again, believe me.

Drag - u been to the doctors/dentist? what did he say? i had four molars removed and some fillings done. i hope u have a better experience of it than i did. the stink of those latex gloves in my nose..ugh!

i'm on a holiday from men right now. theres some things im working on by myself like finding a better place to stay and moving, etc. hopefully by february i'll be set up.  then i can start looking at men.  but i must say, life is rather quiet and simple without a guy complicating things.  

Cindy cant u like make a clone of Iceman for each of us? except for the snoring! :D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 07:04:22 am »
Good morning ladies:

How is everyone this morning?  Wow, I miss a lot when I'm gone for even one day.

Cin, things just keep getting better.  As far as PPP, it bugs me also when someone a lot younger than me tries to talk down to me.  I hope things work out with the job.  I know something will happen, I just know it.   Oh, and I love leftover Thanksgiving food!  I'm still making turkey sandwiches, and let me tell you, it tastes a lot better with real turkey than with lunchmeat! 

Queen, I hope things work out for you and Rico, if that's what you want.  You should tell him he doesn't get to choose who his ex- gets into a relationship with.  It's wierd that he's questioning paternity.  Are you sure that it's not because he wants to get out of paying child support?  Some guys are like that.  It just seems odd that he was married to this woman and has been treating the kid like his own, until the court thing comes up.  I don't know gf, it just sounds kind of fishy to me. 

NY, I don't think I would contact MM.  It sounds like all he does is get you upset.  Maybe he wants to be there for the baby, but not you?  I would just be very cautious.  You don't need any added stress in your life as the due date approaches.   I can't wait!  I hope we get pictures! ;D  I just love babies. 

Well, only three more weeks of school left.  I am so happy!  I am ready for the winter break.  Today I'm registering for classes for the next term.  I will be taking Ethics, Social Psychology, Political Psychology and Microeconomics.  The last one is required, which don't ask me why they require that for a psychology degree.  Doesn't make any sense to me.  Maybe they'll change the degree requirements in the future.  The next few weeks will be really busy with schoolwork, schoolwork and more schoolwork!  We have two more projects for my child & adolescent psychology class.  And of course, another exam in algebra (and I'm sure more homework). 

Today my car goes back into the shop to fix what was wrong with it in the first place that I was supposed to have fixed a couple weeks ago.  I cancelled the last time it was in the shop because I was supposed to shop for my dad that day and he(my dad) was freaking out because I wasn't going to be over until the afternoon.  You see, my father gets himself in a panic over the littlest things.  Then he gets breathless, panics more, gets more breathless, etc.  You get the picture. It's very frustrating.  He expects us kids to drop whatever we're doing and rush over there.  I hate to say this, but he's a very selfish man and always has been.  But you know what, my mum sort of made him that way.  Every time my dad had a problem, my mum would drop whatever it was she was doing and fix it.  So, this is years of learned behavior.  I don't expect him to change now.  But it just gets frustrating. 

I went yesterday and picked up my granddaughter and brought her over for a few hours.  She is such a sweetheart.  Not this coming weekend, but the next weekend is when we're going to see The Nutcracker.  I'm excited!  I've never seen it, even when it's been on t.v.  We'll be sitting like four or five rows from the stage.  I guess Jane (my granddaughter) will be getting all dressed up.  It's an evening performance, and I know people get more dressed up for evening shows than day shows.  But I will probably just wear a nice pair of pants and sweater.  Jane is going to wear a dress, etc.  That's alright.  Little girls are supposed to look like princesses, right? :)  I wouldn't want to get all fancied up and out-do her. ;)  Anyway, I hope you ladies have a nice day.  Hopefully the thing with my car won't end up costing me a fortune.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 10:04:26 am »
Hi Everyone

For those of you who are US citizens, I invite you to participate in the two Call to Action efforts described in the AIDS Activism forum. In less than 45 minutes, you can communicate with a minimum of 18 people and the Department of Homeland Security, with the ultimate goal of repealing the HIV Travel Ban.

This is a very important issue. It affects how our international positive friends may travel here in the future. And, as it relates to stigma, it could have a huge impact on how those in the US view HIV/AIDS and those infected.

Please copy the post contents there and pass along to family, friends, ASO contacts and others. In particular, the DHS time period for public comment only lasts until December 6th. The bill proposed by Congresswoman Lee allows more time to communicate. However, you may find, as I did, once you're on a roll, it's easier to get it all done in one sitting.

Thank you. This is just one component of the activism I referred to a while ago that's being worked on off-line. There will be more and I encourage you to check in periodically on the AIDS Activism forum for more information.

Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 06:04:55 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am still hacking and blowing my nose, seems that my allergies never went away.  I am getting a scratchy sore throat, time for some tea after this post!

Well, my PPP recruiter called me this morning while I was trying AGAIN to submit paperwork online.  She was as nice as anything....uh huh, nuf said.  I asked her to open the link she had sent me and to look over these pages, in order to make sure everything that needed to be submitted, was in fact, submitted.  She couldn't open the link at first, and asked me for my password.  What password?  Its a link, for goodness sake!

Turns out this medical waiver form they are waiting on isn't even part of the link they sent me!  Uh huh, nuf said.  So, I got 4 of 5 things submitted today and I haven't heard back about this Medical waiver form. 

Good news is, I don't start until Mon 12/3, so I can be with Iceman at the end of the week and through the weekend when he moves to his new place.  His sis and I are going to help him clean it Thursday after settlement.

I was feeling really vulnerable last night, letting my emotions get the best of me when I was talking to Iceman.  I mean, I started bawling like a baby, I had to let it out.  I told him I had never had anyone to talk to.  I was just being me, letting it out, you know?  Drag, I thought of you and how you must feel when you're stressed and your man helps you through things.

Well, today Iceman sent me a text saying he was glad that I talked to him last night like I did.  He said he liked seeing my vulnerable side and would be there many times in the future when I needed to lean on him.  Sweet man, all I have been wishing and praying for is someone to make me feel vulnerable again, and now here he is.......

I am a lucky girl, very lucky.

I hope everyone is cozy and warm tonight.  I'm going to go finish the turkey leftovers with Cheech!

~ Cindy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline vivyt

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 09:04:18 pm »
Hi all! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving. Sounds like everyone else had an "exciting" time. I've been busy with school, parent conferences are next week... :P. Don't have much else going on. Take care and talk to you all soon!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 07:06:03 am »
Good morning ladies:

Another day.  I took my car in yesterday to get it fixed (it's been "missing" when I press on the gas).  Anyway, it's going to cost me $500 to get it fixed!  I was hoping it would only cost a couple hundred.  Thank God that right now I have the money.  Usually I don't.  I hope this fixes the problem.  Man, cars are such a necessary evil, aren't they?  Other than that, I am so glad there's only this week and two more of school left!  I've already registered for next semester.  I will be taking (now remember, it's two classes every eight weeks), Ethics, Social Psychology, Political Psychology and Microeconomics.  I don't know why the Micro class is required, but it is.  I think whoever put the requirements for the psychology degree together didn't know what they were doing.  Oh well, onward and upward.

Cin, it sounds like your Iceman is your own personal Santa!  And you start your job on 12/3.  Wow, good things are happening. 

Viv, parent/teacher conferences, eh?  Are those hard to sit through?  Have you ever had parents get really nasty? I don't know how I would handle that.  I'm pretty much a person who speaks my mind, although I try to edit myself. 

Still no smoking, girls!  It's been well over a week. I still have times when I really want a cig, but I remind myself that "just one" wouldn't happen.  Then I would feel like shit again, coughing, not being able to breathe right etc.  So, for now, I'm not smoking.   

Queen, where are you?  Haven't heard from you for the past couple days.  I hope everything's going alright with you. 

I miss all the other women who used to regularly check in.  People must be awfully busy or something.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 08:19:26 am »
Hi Betty, way to go with the nonsmoking!!! I am so proud of you. 500$. Cars are just money sucking devices aren't they. I have never owned one yet, although I can drive. Think though how much money you will save not smoking.

Cin, you know my op re recruiters... The problem is I beleive they will always have more candidates than they will tell us, I dont actually blame them for that since the candidates are also applying to numerous places. But basically, it's complicated enough dealing directly with employers, who needs recruiters?
Incidentally, do you know that the future (or what-the-hell-ever) of the Middle East is being discussed in the very near vicinity of your house? I think it's just a waste of time and money to be honest, but let's not go there... I just find this a funny coincidence.

anyway, I would give GM one last phone call letting them know you are on he verge of being hired by someone else, and it would be a real shame to miss out on the job, How do they expect you to get by while their take their sweet time getting their act together?

Queen, hope things are working out with Rico. I am sure he has good reasons, but look out for yourself. Listen to your gut... and have fun. If it ain't fun what's the use?

NY, I've had it up to here with MM... Do you have family or someone close who will be with you at the birth? I thought the problem was that for 2 weeks you will have no salary until after the birth when you will start recieving payment for maternity leave, please correct me if I am wrong. You are so amazing.

Viv, nice to see you around. Glad thxgiving was good for ya.

I can write more about myself but my voice rec is down (don't ask) and my hand hurts but I still have to use it for work. so just a quick check in. Hugs to all and will try to post later... Oh yeah, I don't have any cavities, just my gums are receding... Thanks Cristy & to everyone who was concerned, really sweet of you. The dentist was an a-hole but I can be quite tough and poker faced when I truely decide I don't give a shit. I'll tell you one thing, everytime I go there he really gets a kick out of telling me I have HIV (yes, thanks for reminding me). Even though they always give me the last appt of the day, he always tells me really loudly in front of his assistant, who won't even look at me: "b/c you are HIV+, we have to give you the last appt of the day". I'm like, duh, I know, that's why i'm here now, on the last appt of the day. Because you are an idiot, you think that it matters what time of the day my appt's in... I can't know for sure what's going on in his mind, but I think some people just project all their sexual frustrations on you, they must think you've had a really blazing time in the sack to get this or something, I see it esp with the people that broke off relations with me not b/c I am poz but b/c I am in serodiscordant relationship and it just blows their mind how is that even possible, it happened to me with quite a few people who were supposedly ok with the diagnosis but not with me continuing to live and date... Do you know what I mean?
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 09:35:03 am »
Hey!  This is my 1000th post here!   ;D

Drag~  I would love to kick your dentist squarely in the balls, while you hold him for me. 

Aren't there any laws over there regarding this type of discrimination towards HIV+ people?  If that shit happened in the US, it wouldn't fly.  I've had trouble before at labs where an assistant announced to the entire lobby for me to take a seat, and then said "they will call you back for your HIV test soon."    :o   I think she was looking at me, not expecting in a million years that I was already pos and widowed at the time.  This was in the late 90s.

I was mortified then because 20 people were in the waiting room with me.  I promptly told my doctor about the incident, and he had a reputation for being a hard ass but otherwise getting the job done.  The doc wrote a formal letter of complaint to the lab, which has locations all over the US.  It was a riot!  To this day I remember that woman's name and face, but I have not seen her since.  I go to different labs now since my insurance has changed.

Is there anything you can do, Drag?  That stupid shit dentist!  I'll post more after I get breakfast!  Grrrr!     >:(

OK, I'm back.....BT~ I'm sorry you have to shell out so much for your car during the holidays.  I hope the mechanics get it fixed right the first time!  Congrats on not smoking!  Just don't do it, lol!

Drag~  As far as the Middle east talks, I haven't heard but I think they may be taking place at Camp David.  Its only a few miles from me.  I have heard that everyone is in Annapolis today.  Its the most beautiful place in the world, where I spent summers with my dear Grandmother.  This is the grandmother whose platter I found and used for Thanksgiving Dinner.   :)  We see the President's helicopters fly over all the time to Camp David near my home. 

Viv~  The dreaded parent confs.  Sometimes I bet its hard enough to get the parents in the door to discuss "junior."  It will make for some long days for you.  I know I wouldn't have the strength.  Good luck!

Call out to Cam and Sunseeker, you girls have been quiet.  Are you OK? 

One last thing, I received another email yesterday from PPP's payroll people (say that three times fast).  They sent the one link that was missing from everything, and then also said paperwork was still missing.  I am thinking this crossed yesterday afternoon, as I finally got the entire bundle of paperwork to submit electronically.  I still have to go to my dad's office again today to print and fax this last item that they left out. 

So far, I was offered the job via telephone on fri 11/16.  Mon 11/19 I went for a drug screen.  Tuesday I faxed, Weds I faxed, Weds I sent an email of complaint to all parties involved, Thursday I rec'd a nasty email reply from PPP, I left voice mails and an email on Friday saying I still wanted the job, Monday I faxed more and today I will fax more.  Whew!

Iceman says they should have already started paying me, since I have jumped through all of these hoops.  His walk-through has been switched to this evening, so he is getting off work early to come see me, and we'll go get the dishwasher first.

Oh good, the Homeowner's Association just called and will be removing the trees that were cut down on 11/7.  The power company cut down two 15-foot cypress trees and no one has come to get them.  The HOA lady loves me, so she is sending someone out today.  Too bad the wind is blowing 30mph, those guys are going to be hating getting those trees!

One of my Redskins died last night after being shot in Florida.  Taylor, #21..... :'(

OK, time to call PPP, who's voice mail always cuts me off.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:10:57 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 10:47:15 am »
Hi Cin

I appreciate your support & fury  ;) but I am really not upset about it. I wasn't when it happened either, so much so that he changed his attitude and became all accomodating towards the end of the appt. Anyway no one heard him except for the assistant who already knows, it's not like he said it in the waiting room. whatever his issue with HIV it doesn't affect me... what's really cool is that I am not pretending... it really bounced off me. It was more like "yeah yeah here we go, yawn" than "OMG, how dare he?!".

But you're really sweet. I guess I was telling this more as I am pleased with myself for not being affected... b/c I used to react to everything, and now I am doing it less. Just b/c something negative happens, doesn't men I must get affected. of course I am not talking about major disasters or my docs messing up my treatment or stuff on that scale, but a-holes will always be around.. I feel happy when I know that I don't have to be affected by any ol' one.

Love ya, thanks for sticking up for me...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 11:15:29 am »
Hello Everyone---

I am fine just kinda tired. Since having the stomach virus from last week,I seem to have gotten quite a cough. Coughing up a bit of stuff too so I called my primary doctor who is working at my ID doc's office today. I am hoping he will call me in some cough medicine because this cough is really affecting my sleep majorly. But it could've happened from getting caught in the rain last week too when I was sick. Who knows?

I think your dentist is an asshole too, Dragonette. So, you have to get the last appointment of the day because you are poz? What a crock of shit!!! Makes me wonder if the man practices any type of hygiene between patients. I would've reported his ass too. I got a dentist appointment coming up soon. Now I don't know whether to tell them I am poz or not due to your situation. I prolly will and if they give me any shit my ASO is right next door!!!

Cindy, sorry about your Redskin getting killed. We got a previous cowboy who had a transplant who slipped into a coma I think the day before Thanksgiving. I forget his name but I hope he makes it. Another former Cowboy gave him a kidney I think right before this happened.

I would like to write more but I am tired and I need to go back to sleep. My stomach hurts too. :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 11:57:20 am »
Queen~  Gargle with warm salt water, about 6 - 10 times.  Its instant relief!  Push the hot tea, and see about getting an inexpensive humidifier if you don't have one already.  I got one years ago, made by Vicks, it couldn't have been more than $15, very simple gadget, not like one of those UFO ones, lol.   :D

Drag~  Things are so different here in the US, at least from what I've seen these days.  I tell all of my docs about my HIV and no one looks cross-eyed at you, otherwise they fear we'd sue.  That's the way the society is over here.  It seems the biggest problems are the dumb asses in the medical field who open their mouth in public, thinking nothing of it.  I remember one time at the pharmacy I was picking up my Retrovir (late 90s, as well, I believe).  This really nice pharmacy tech pulled my prescription and said all loud and perky, "OK, we've got your retrovir ready."  I was mortified and said to please not mention my meds out loud, its no one's business.

I'm glad things rolled off of you, Drag.  I am getting to be that way, too.  Almost like if someone were to ask about my diabetes, I would just say, "Yes, well the diabetes AND being HIV+ make me more careful about...."  Not quite THERE yet, but getting close and more comfortable.

OK, gotta go dry this hair and go to Dad's office for the 4th time to fax shit.  OH!  And I got another call from another recruiter that I really like.  There is a job opening for me, so I may get an interview!!!  I told her I need $2 more per hour than the PPP gig, lmao!   ;D

Almost Iceman time!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:59:12 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline srmn98

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 02:05:17 pm »
Hey Dragonette, 

Yeah, I'm still here ... just reading more than posting. Sorry about your dentist .... it is so sad that there is still so much ignorance out there about HIV.

I hope everybody checks out the Activism section like Em suggested .... she's right, it's an important issue and impacts us all.

Sara

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 10:51:01 pm »
Hi Girls

Well, I am back for a few days.  Laying low trying to get out of my funk after breaking up with LL and my two year anniversary of being positive.

Moon-  I hope you are enjoying your new dishwasher.  A dishwasher is a must for me and I am not even sure why, since I wash all of my dishes with soap and water before putting them in the dishwasher.  I am glad that things are going well with you and Iceman.  Its finally your turn and you deserve it.

Sara- I hope you are doing well and its good to see you posting and I look forward to getting to know you.

Drag -  I hope things went well at the dentist and wish I had your courage and outlook on things.  I guess I am still rapped in the whole stigma of being positive and I am getting better with this issue, but I think its going to take time.  I am just glad I have you ladies on the forums and only wish I new about the forum two years ago when I found out my status. 

Queen -  I hope you are feeling better soon.  I agree with Moon try the Vicks its a big help.  The other thing that works is the vapor plug ins and the tablets that you put in the shower and steam up with the shower.  Those work good to and I think they are also made by Vicks.  Feel better soon.

Betty- I can't wait to hear all about The Nutcracker.  I bet you and your granddaughter had a blast.

Vivyt - Good luck with all of your parent/teacher conference I am sure this is a hectic time.

NY-  I am glad that you are sticking to your guns and you told MM to go to hell.  I am proud of you and you should tell him exactly how you feel.  You owe him no explanation as to how you are feeling and you have no reason to spare his feelings.

Well, I will try to get another post in before Disneyland if not when I get back next week on Thursday.  Till then be well. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 06:21:28 am »
Good morning ladies:

Well, I got my car back yesterday.  Yes, it was $502!  Yikes!  But it seems to be running fine.  If it acts up, I'm going to go storming into the mechanic's shop and raise some hell! ;)

Drag, what an asshole that dentist is.  I wonder if you are his only poz patient since he has to make such a major deal out of your appointment?  If it were me, before I went in, I would knick my gums with a toothpick so they would be bleeding slightly when I saw him.  That might shut him up fast!  Since I have dentures, I haven't seen a dentist in years.  Other than when I had to get my top denture repaired when the tooth came out.  I don't even have any bottom teeth or denture.  I have very thin gums and they could never make my bottom denture right.  When I was getting my top repaired, they of course tried to talk me into a whole new set.  It would've cost $3,000! :o  Like I have that kind of money lying around.....  Anyway, glad it didn't affect you.  I'm like that also.

Cin, how's the new dishwasher?  I haven't had one in years.  I don't mind, because since it's just me, there's never any real major dishes (unless I'm making something that requires baking).  How does Ice's house look?  Do you like it? 

Queen, I'm sorry you don't feel good.  Seems like you've gotten some pretty good suggestions here.

Sara, good to hear from you.  Hope to hear more!  How are you, what've you been up to etc.?

Sun, are you going to Disneyland by  yourself?  That sounds like so much fun!  Hey, did you know that when someone has a terminal illness Disneyland will let them and their whole party in for free?  I did that back in the early 90's.  I got myself, my daughter, my sister, her daughter and one of her foster daughters in for free.  There's some office there you have to have fax your doctor a paper, your doc fills it out and faxes it back to them.  Then when you go, they can point you to the right gate etc.  Just a thought......

I can't believe it's almost Christmas!  I just love this time of year.  I've already registered for classes for next term.  I will be taking Ethics, Social Psychology, Political Psychology and Microeconomics.  Don't ask me why the last class is required.  Doesn't make any sense.  It's not like I'll ever use it.  I think they just needed something to fill up empty space.  As you guys know, where I got, the classes run every eight weeks.  So I'll be taking the first two classes I mentioned the first eight weeks, the last two the last eight weeks.  That should keep me busy.  Only three more weeks of school here then winter break.  I am so glad.  I am getting burned out. 

My granddaughter came over Sunday.  We had a nice chat.  It's just hard because she's referring as the lady (who has custody of my grandkids) "mom."  Not hard in the way of acceptance, it's just I never know when she says "mom" if she's talking about my daughter (Nicole) or the lady (Robin) and I always have to ask her.  I wonder how she feels, having "two moms."  I know she had an extremely hard time when my daughter first left.  Which I could've strangeled my daughter for.  But now, I see that Nicole just couldn't handle being a mom so young (she had my granddaughter when she was 16, grandson when she was 20) and she wanted them to have a good life.  So I guess she made the ultimate sacrifice.  I'm the only one Nicole will talk to about that.  I'm glad we can communicate.  Very glad.  I don't treat my daughter any different.  I seem to be able to detach from situations easy.  I guess it's because I finally accepted that I can't control other people.  So I just try to let others make their own decisions and live with them without interference from me.  I mean, if some major decision was made that I think is an extremely bad one with horrible consequences, obviously I'd say something, but then that's it.  People have to live with their own choices.  I'm not the alpha and omega in people's lives.

I hope all you ladies have a nice day.  I'm having an extremely heavy period.  I wish my doc would give me the depo shot, just so my periods would stop.  When I asked him about it he said "it's not good at your age to have your periods stopped."  I wanted to say "that's just because you're a man."  I have a few friends "my age" who are on it and they don't have any problems.  Anyway, have a good one everybody-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 06:37:45 am »
I wonder if you are his only poz patient since he has to make such a major deal out of your appointment?  If it were me, before I went in, I would knick my gums with a toothpick so they would be bleeding slightly when I saw him.  That might shut him up fast! 

yes he's a prick. I can do that AND chew on a garlic clove for the ultimate surprise element.

but we're always going to run into strange people, might as well get used to it... i am not his only poz patient, i know that.
considering the problems i have had with the ID unit in the last months, I have realized that not all people in healthcare are angels, and there are many more extreme examples in the forums. But the majority are good people so I try to focus on them

I must keep this short & sweet cos I really gotta work.

Just wanted to wish you all a great & brand new day

Cind, something I forgot to mention, I am so glad you're letting Ice take care of you emotionally. And just kicking back and enjoying. Also glad you're in demand at the work market.

Betty I dunno what micro (or macro) economics is. My BF susbscribes to the Economist and I hate it, their take on anything whether war, famine, education, the AIDS epidemic is so biased and greedy. they just care about the thin layer of society that makes money off of these things. And that would be my problem with the field of economics, if it is only geared in that direction. But like I said I havent studied it. The economy sure affects our psyches though... are you going to go into councelling when you graduate. I hope so!

Sun, I am glad you're taking the time to lick your wounds. sometimes we need to lie low and take time healing. I wish there was something to speed the process... In a month will be my 2nd diagnosis anniversary too.

Queen, congrats again on the blog.

NY... less than a week to go.... OMG OMG. Hope so much you're OK.

XXX to all

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 07:57:28 am »
Hello ladies. hope everyone is well. I am good, just working a lot.        Ml, that is really sweet that Iceman  bought you a dishwasher. Aside from that he sounds like a keeper and I hope everything works out.     Sun, sorry about LL. Disneyland might be just the thing to lift your spirits.                                                                                        Betty, glad you got your car fixed. That's a lot of money to spend but having a car is worth it. Good luck with your classes and I hope you have a great time at the nutcracker with your granddaughter. I can relate to your daughter a little. I gave my 18 yo to my parents cause I wanted him to have a better life than I could give him at the time. i feel like Robert is my second chance to do better.
Dragonette, sorry about your asshole dentist but glad you can let it roll off. That is a very valuable skill.                                           Queen, sorry you are feeling bad Hope you feel better soon. Anyone I forgot, hope ya'll are well.       Sara, nice to see your post. I respect your style and conviction. Please continue to post.              Okay, here is the latest with me.     I went to pick up the police report on my car and they could not find the guy who hit it. Apparently I gave the wrong tag number or it is out of state. I was so angry, not with the police but with myself for not remembering correctly. I will call the officer Thursday and talk to him about it  but if I gave the wrong tag then there is nothing they can do. Just have to swallow it down and try to fix the damage myself or get somebody to fix it for me. The car is still in fine working condition, it just has a ugly dent on the driver's side door.                                   Oh ML and Drag. I had decide to try with my neg coworker regardless of his age but everytime I make plans to go see or call him , he's never there. I told him we need to get to know each other apart from work but since it's so hard to catch him, I think I will just let it go. I have very little patience for bullshit and do not like to feel like I am chasing someone.    But I still have my Personals ad and have been talking to a couple guys there. But that's something else, you message a couple times, then they seem to vanish. I hate feeling like I am the one chasing someone.                       On another note, HIV has even invaded my dreams. Damnit. I was having a great sex dream this morning and damn if I didn't think  about,Does he have a condom on?, even in the dream. But it was still a good dream. I need to quit reading those fantasy novels before bed.                                                                                 Anyway, take care and will check in this weekend. Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 03:39:47 pm »
Hey Ladies---

I hope everyone is doing good. It's good to hear from you, Christy. I was wondering what you were up to. Dragonette, thanks about the blog. I am excited about it. That was what Cindy was saying I should spill about but I did not want to say anything til it was confirmed. I didn't want to tell Cindy but I couldn't keep it in, I had to tell someone.. ;) I think it will be good for me because I have a lot of things that has been on my mind or have held in for some time. Maybe someone who reads it will be able to relate or I may be helpful to someone. I have gotten a lot of support from others in the main forums regarding being chosen for the blog. And even received one from pa person I was not expecting, so it meant even more.

Rico is coming over tonight. I got to get ready for that pretty soon. Otherwise, not much going on in my world at the moment. I finally got all the braids down I think it was on Monday. I have been trying to find out if anything is going on in my town for World Aids Day. All I have seen so far is a 5 minute interview with some guy about hiv in my area. I hope there is something..I will have to give my ASO a call tomorrow...If there isn't then, I guess I will just do something on my own.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 06:38:24 am »
Hi GFs~

I got up at 545am today, trying to get my schedule back on target for work next week.  All I can say is ugh!  I tossed and turned last night and Iceman wasn't even here!  I am so nervous that I'll oversleep!  At least work is only a few minutes away!  Lucked out on that one! 

I have my new dishwasher.  Iceman was an angel and installed it Tuesday night.  We did the walk-through at his place and its nice--today he settles on the house and gets the keys!  He's going to ride his new Harley from his sister's to his new place since the weather is relatively good.  For BT, he's got a 2008 Dyna Super Glide FXDC, its red.   ;D  I get so nervous thinking he is in Baltimore traffic on that thing, but he's been riding for years, since he was in his 20s at least, so he knows what he's doing.  Still......  :-\

I went dress shopping yesterday at Macy's.  Iceman has a formal banquet in NY at the end of February.  I found two clearance dresses, one a full-length classy formal gown with a little jacket, brown, for under $50.  The second a pewter/black party dress, short with taffeta under the skirt.  Too small for me but I managed, lol.   :D  It was $32 down from $149.  I'll model them for Iceman tonight.  I like the long gown but how am I going to get it to NY?  Its looooooong and will surely wrinkle some.

I haven't told PPP that I'll need a couple of days off for the event.  I can barely get a word in edgewise with her on the phone.  She still couldn't manage to tell me who to report to Monday, so I emailed her yesterday.  Now she can't manage to tell me what time my shift ends, so I'll just wait and see.  The place is only minutes from my home.  I am still waiting to get an interview with another company, hopefully after work one day next week.  This way I'll have choices.

Queen~  I have to go check out your blog soon, I just haven't had time in the past two days.  I'm really happy that you got asked to do this!  How's the tummy?  Rico tonight?  Anything going on there, or do things seem to have settled down some?

Cristy~ Damn, so sorry you couldn't catch the guy who hit your car.  Just keep your eyes peeled every time you go back to that same area!  As for the older coworker guy, maybe he'll come around.  I guess things are getting hectic with everyone with the holidays upon us.

Drag~  Yes, its a welcome thing, being able to talk to Iceman and not be judged.  He really understands where I am coming from, and he understands how I feel, with all of these years and no one to talk to.  He's had AA as an outlet for his demons, and has formed some close bonds with people.  I've had no one to vent to who really understands HIV and what I deal with.  Iceman is definitely the closest one to that.  Glad to hear there's nothing major with your teeth.  Just sounds like you may need to floss and rinse to get those gums back into shape again. 

BT~Sounds like you had some good quality time with your granddaughter, and The Nutcracker date is only about a week away!  Its an absolutely beautiful presentation, which you're sure to love!  How's the car running?  Should be perfect after you shelling out all of that money!  How is your father doing, any changes there as far as taking his license or more home care?  I hope he's alright.  And the smoking?  You're being good, right?  ;)  Good luck with your classes, I stayed as far away from ECON as I could in college.  Social Psyc was OK, I remember I had a really cool Professor for that one.

Sun~ Glad to see you posted, enjoy you're trip to Disney.  I had never heard about what BT said, getting admission to the park if you had an illness.  I tell you, those passes are expensive, prob up to $75 a day in Florida's DisneyWorld.  I hope your vacation is so much fun that it leaves you wanting a vacation again after you get home, lol! Now I hear "Its A Small World" playing in my head, lol.   :D  As far as your funk, you know it will get easier with each day with regards to LL.  My goodness, your vacation couldn't have come at a better time!

Cam~ You've been laying low, where are you?

Tendai~ Thanks for checking in, I'm working on a non-snoring Iceman clone for you, lol!

Confused, Viv, Sara....all of us ladies.  Have a great day!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:01:45 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 07:24:37 am »
Good morning ladies:Drag, chewing on a garlic clove, eh? :D  That would be a good one!  I do hope things clear up with those teeth soon.  I don't know what microeconomics is either.  The only reason I'm taking it is because I have to.  If I didn't, I surely wouldn't.(Kind of like algebra).  I think someone told me it's a business class.

Cristy, great to hear from ya!  I'm so sorry about that other car, but I am glad your car is running alright and no damage was done to the motor.  Is the dent real bad, or nothing major?
  Queen, I don't know if I said this yet or not, but congratulations on the blog!  I saw Peter's thread about it in "Living With..." forum and read your blog (and Jaser's).  It's really good.  I think, like you said, this will be a good outlet for you.  It takes a lot of courage to do something like that.  BTW, how did it go with Rico?  Are you guys hot and heavy again? ;)

Cin, my car is running like a top.  As well it should be.  And yes, I'm being a good girl.  No smoking!  You know, I myself have several close friends in NA.  I love having them.  They are people you can tell anything to without fear of judgement or some off-the-wall response.  There is one person I met in NA back in '89 who I made my power-of-attorney several years ago.  When I was having a lot of trouble physically, I put her name on my bank account, so she could pay my bills etc. for me.  She never, ever mismanaged my money while she was in charge of it.  She's still like my best friend.  People like that are so invaluable.  Don't worry about Iceman on the motorcycle.  Have you ridden on it yet?  Do you have a leather coat, chaps and riding boots?  Here in Indiana, you don't have to wear a helmet, but people on a motorcycle have to wear glasses (that's a law).    It sounds like you got a couple of really pretty dresses at Macy's.  Good luck with that.   

Nothing major going on here.  My dad is so OCD it's unreal.  When he wants something, he calls like a zillion times, just to make sure.  It's funny.  I'm going over there Friday to give him a ride to his credit union so he can pay his mortgage.  Yes, he still owes on the house.  He and my mom refinanced it four times, yesfour times.  I think it was because their credit card bills were so astronomical.   

Other than that, I have two more papers due in my child & adolescent psychology class.  And tonight is algebra.  After tonight, there's only two weeks left, so we're getting down to the stretch.  Thank God for that.  I'm really dreading taking the microeconomics class, and would still like to know what that has to do with psychology.  Oh, Drag, you asked me if I was going to go into counseling.  I'd like to be an addictions counselor.  I feel like maybe, just maybe, I could help someone.  I want to do that, because for so long I took from society, and now I need to give back.  My therapist told me maybe I should consider getting my master's.  But I don't know.  Some days I feel like I'm hardly making it through these classes.  Having ones that are doubly hard, well, I just don't know if I'm up for that.  And someone told me that in graduate school, you can't get any lower than a "B" to pass the classes.  Hmmmm...

Well, I hope you ladies have a great day-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 06:08:20 pm »
Hello Ladies----

Yes, I am very excited about the blog. I already have my next entry done. The responses I have been getting has been great. I got one today from someone who could relate to being betrayed by their family in regards to their status. And after reading my first entry is really glad that there is someone like me who is blogging. I feel I have done the right thing by starting this journey.

Yes, Rico came over last night and left this afternoon. It seems like things have died down a bit but I am still taking it one day at a time. I have to go buy some more condoms though. My ASO was suppose to have mailed me some but I haven't gotten them yet and I am down to 3 from a bagful. Can you say getting it in like rabbits.. ;D Hey, it has been 2 years since I have had a little pipe laid!!!! Ok, I'll behave but you get my drift.... ;)

My tummy seems to be doing much better but I can't get rid of this damn cough. My doc prescribed some Mucinex or something but my insurance doesn't cover cough medicines for anyone over 21 which seems crazy to me. I am switiching insurance on the 1st so I guess I will go buy some over the counter stuff til I get to see my doc on the 13th.

I wish I the gas prices would settle down. My gas bill which I got today was outrageous....227 bucks, my first one was only 109 but I guess I am using more gas since it has gotten colder. But I plan on talking to my landlord too about trying to get some weatherization done around here. I think that may be most of the problem but not sure yet.

Cindy--- I am glad you got a job finally. Everything is coming full circle, gf. No worries and it sounds like you're going to be the Belle of the Ball at this upcoming event. I hate to repeat myself but I am happy for you.

Betty-- Sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad you got your car fixed. I think mine will have to sit for the winter because I really can't afford to get it fixed with everything else going on which sucks. But what can I do?

NY--- It's getting to be that time...Goes into singing, "She's having my baby"...... :D

I'm going to need to start sending out Xmas cards soon....Sheesh...Then I'll be kicking 39 in the ass come January.... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline seekay70

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 08:02:02 pm »
Ok so here  I am....been a while since posting anything on here but better late than never.  Lets see work is going good....slowing down a bit so my schedule is changing to better accomidate the kids.  Fussing on a daily basis with husband who says he is filing for a divorce on the 1st so that I will have to go back to Ala to fight for my kids, well he thinks he is going to get them every summer and I get them during the school year.....I wondered if hemight have even the slightest chance of that until...................................hmmmmmm this morning I got a phone call from ala and was told that he was all over the news down there....I get my mom on the puter to see what she can find and low and behold there is this article...

...A burglary suspect is arrested in the parking lot of a Geneva church while reportedly smoking crack cocaine.

Geneva Police Chief Frankie Lindsey says alert neighbors on Pine Street reported Stanley Davis leaving a home with several items.

A short time later, one officer saw the suspect's vehicle parked at the church off of Maple Avenue.

Authorities say they found the stolen property in Davis' car.

The 45-year-old suspect is behind bars at the Geneva County Jail on burglary and theft of property charges.

Additional charges are pending in the case.

well all be damned....................and he thinks he is going to get ahold of my kids...............sheittttttttttt

anyway he was released from jail and the reason is due to him telling the county that his meds cost 4500 a month...which they do....buttttttttttttt he has not taken them in 4 months........... so off i go to see the local judge cause he is in that bit of trouble and his mo is he will run....he gets paid tommorow......and who do I just happen to call......the police dept that arrested him and let them know he will probably run and that he does not take his meds so he needs to have his ass back in jail............oooooo evil li ol me.....anyway that is my news fo the day!

*Sherry*

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »
I havent written in here in a while. Thanksgiving was interesting this year. We drove to Houston and visited Billy's family. His family has more drama than mine so thats why I said interesting. I laughed my ass off watching one of his sisters unload a loud verbal assault on one of his brothers. I was waiting for her to beam him in the head with the container of coffee she was holding.
Nothing like that ever happens in my family so it proved to be quite entertaining.

Hope ya'll had a great holiday.

Wendy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 09:35:22 pm »
LMAO@ the article on your hubby, Seekay. There wouldn't be a judge in their right mind or smoking crack that would give him custody of your kids... ;) And robbing a church, I hate to see the karma on that one. And I don't blame you, I would've dropped a bug to the police on his ass too. Now let's see if they act on it.....

Winiroo--- I hate family drama but sometimes you can't help but laugh when it goes on somewhere else. Well, depending on how far it goes, of course. My oldest sister called me the other day to tell me that my other sister(who I don't mingle with) wanted to invite me over for dinner...*chokes* Yeah, as fucking if...I got my sick ass up and cooked anyway. It wasn't the best of holidays but at least my Cowboys won... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 09:56:16 pm »
I would hate family drama too if I had any. My family has never been dramatic. Its just me and my brother and 4 parents. All 4 of my parents get along really well and I love my brother to pieces. The only drama in my family is my son being lazy. LOL

A holiday with Billy's family was new to me so it was funny. The funny part was that she unloaded on the brother who annoys me with his over the top self righteous born again stuff.
Billy has 2 brothers and 5 sisters. Only two of the sisters and aside from Billy one of the brothers showed up for dinner. That is unheard of in my family. Usually the only time someone misses a family gathering with my family is if they are sick or out of town.
Guess I'm lucky...

You did good Seekay. Its your job to protect your children. Kudos

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 08:00:42 am »
Good morning ladies:

Queen, better tell your ASO to keep those condoms coming! :D  I'm glad someone is getting some.  It's been like six years for me.  And believe me, the last lover I had wasn't anything at all to brag about.  Actually, since I started becoming pre-menopausal, the only time I get any kind of horny is right before my period.  I guess it's just a hormonal thing.   I'm really glad you're blogging now.  I think that will help you.  And I'm glad you're getting such good responses, but why wouldn't you?  You're a special person, Queenie, and people on here know that.

Sherry, that story is kind of funny about your soon-to-be-ex, but also sad.  I'm glad you tipped the police off.  It's something I certainly would do also.  Your children need to be protected from this lunatic. 

Wini, my family has had some drama in the past.  It is funny to see it in another family, but it's hard when it happens in your own.  I'm glad you have such a close famliy.  I do also, despite the drama. 

Today I'm going to my father's to take him to his credit union.  He says he wants to buy us lunch from Arby's.  I feel sorry for my dad.  He's really going downhill fast.  I hope he makes it to Christmas.  Of course, I hope he makes it for longer than that, but that's doubtful.  But you know what, he's a stubborn old coot.  He's already outlived his doctor's expectations.  He's lived through colon cancer and a ruptured anuerysm (in his aorta).  It seems like most older people I know are just made tougher than younger people.  I wonder if that's because they've had to endure more hardships than the younger folks of today.  Anyway, he told me he doesn't know what he's going to do about Christmas, as he doesn't have very much money.  I told him not to worry about that, we're all just glad he's still around.  Christmas has become way too commercial anyway.  I know people have been saying that for years, but man, I can't believe how these commercials are today.  I remember when I was a kid, I just wanted a new Barbie or when I got older, a new album.  Now, kids wants Ipods, computers, flat-screen t.v.'s, etc.   I'm more in the spirit of trying to help people who aren't fortunate enough to have their own place etc.  I found the address for a local "mission" where homeless people stay.  They open their doors every day to people on the streets to feed them three meals a day and provide them with a warm place to sleep at night.  Anyway, I sent them a check to help feed people during this holiday season.  I did it in memory of my mum, who was always feeding people.  I'm not saying this to toot my own horn; just saying people need to help each other more.  A town not to far from me just had a disastrous tornado over the summer and so many people lost their homes.  They applied for relief from FEMA and got turned down.  Wow.  And the local Red Cross is getting stretched thin with all the fires etc. that has happened recently.  There are so many ways for people to help each other.  I guess I'm just prattling on now..........

I'm still not smoking!  Only two more weeks of classes, thank God.  I'm ready for a break.  I hope all you ladies have a great day-

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 08:10:52 am »
I found the address for a local "mission" where homeless people stay.  They open their doors every day to people on the streets to feed them three meals a day and provide them with a warm place to sleep at night.  Anyway, I sent them a check to help feed people during this holiday season.  I did it in memory of my mum, who was always feeding people.

Kind of you, BT. It touched me to read of your dad's want to give gifts at a time when it's tough for him. Have you shared your story of giving to the homeless with him? I would think he would be terribly proud to know he has a thoughtful daughter who honors her mother's memory in such a way. You might have an opportunity then to say to him that it's more than enough that he is present as his finest present to the family.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 11:44:30 am »
Hello Ladies----

Not much going on with me today. Someone offered to buy my car, the Caprice cause they want the engine and tranny. So, my busted up baby will be gone as soon as I get my $500 system out of it. One car down and one to go. I am still coughing but my doc called in a script for some Mucinex so hopefully that will help.

It sure is getting quiet in here. Where my ladies at?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 12:53:20 pm »
Im here just laying low b/c of my shattered wrist... have a great weekend everyone...  :-*

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 01:12:05 pm »
Hi GFs~

A very quick check-in from Iceman's place, we have been moving and moving stuff between Baltimore and closer to my place.  I am beat, haven't eaten, but his sis is on the way with lunch.  Next, we're off to unload some of the storage shed.  We got the BIG TV moved, but I am BEAT!

More when I have more time, prob Sunday night!

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 02:54:03 pm »
Yep, Betty, the condoms came in the mail. So, I am off and running again...When I get some time, I am going to have to check out our Goderator Ann's condom links. I am sure I can learn some things there.... ;)

Cindy, take it easy with all that moving!!! But I'm sure Iceman will work out all those kinks.. ;) I bet you're limber as hell now. What? Yep, I said it... ;D

Dragonette, Sorry about your wrist. Those thermal things don't help? I know you will come back when you can. Rest that hand.

I am trying to check in as much as possible but has been blogging. Something happened today that had my blood boiling..It made for something to talk about.. ;D At the moment, I am just enjoying the good green and laying back....T.G.I.F. Ladies..... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 07:06:32 pm »
Hi ladies!

It's been awhile since I've posted but thats just because at first I was going through a bit of a depression. I just felt really down and overwhelmed. Then I got sick :'(  I think I push myself to do so much all the time that I finally got run down and was bed ridden for about a day. I guess all the sleep payed off because I feel a bit better today. I went to the doctor and was surprised to find out that my counts have actually gotten better!! I've been feeling shitty so I assumed they were looking worse. As it stands they went ffrom CD4-690 to a CD4 of-860,  and my VL is below 50~undectable. So I'm glad to hear that. They scheduled my induction for 12/4 Tuesday WHOOHOO!!!! ;D  The fat lady has sung and it will be all over soon!!

Well, I just wanted to check in and say hello. See how you ladies are doing and post a quick update. I have tons of work to catch up on before Tuesday and I'm trying to make sure everything in my house is in order since I'l be in the Hospital for about two days. Hope all is well with everyone. I'll try to post again before Tuesday.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 07:58:35 pm »
Good luck Momma!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 08:46:06 pm »
NY-- Sorry to hear you have been feeling bummed but chin up and PUUUUUSSSSHHHH!!!!!! ;D Glad to hear you are feeling better. Congrats on the great numbers and being undetectable. Good news indeed!!! I'm sure you have picked out a name for the little guy. We want details...birth weight and all that.

I am still in chill mode and watching wrestling with my roomie. Thank the Goddess that I am recording it... ;) Rico is coming over tomorrow. We talked today. He noticed that I was pissed off and was trying to be sweet. At the same time I was trying to do the same for him since he was being allowed to see his son after 5 days. My gf called him over since her sister's bf wasn't there. I guess the ex was being gracious today. ::)

My son did a drive by and stopped over to see me for about 2.5 minutes. Just long enough to pick up his support that his father pays. It was good to see that he was in one piece but I know if I need him he is just a phone call away.

Before I leave, I must acknowledge my COWBOYS!!!!! We are 11-1 after defeating Green Bay last night. We also took out their quarterback, Brett Farve. I like Brett though......Oooooh, my roomie left the room, I can finally watch the rest of Smackdown in peace.... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 09:01:42 pm »
They cut into the game too much for commercials and the announcer or what ever they call the guy sucked.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2007, 07:57:47 am »
Good Morning Ladies  :-*

I have no clue to why I am up so freaking early. Maybe because I was high as a kite last night and was out like a light around 3 am. I told myself I was going to sleep in today since Rico will be over a little later this evening. Tonight's activities include some tequila and Corona. Wooo Hooooo. Even in moderation because I have never been one to get sloppy drunk, it looks to be a good evening. Plans include watching a little Beowulf and the Hitman.

I noticed it has been a little slow in here. I hope that means everyone is doing fine and just doing their thing. I guess I got part of the name right in this thread when I mentioned "loving life". After doing a wake and bake, I think I will lay back down and see if I can drift back to sleep for a few hours. Due to tonight's agenda, I prolly will not check back in til tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't have a hangover when I do. Have a good one.......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.