Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:15:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 631
Total: 631

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Next numbers and resistant types??  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Bizkits

Next numbers and resistant types??
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:04:38 am »
Hey All,

So, my second set of labs came back and my cd4 went from 882-774, my VL went from 27,000-41,000. Also it looks like my genotype came back but I don't quite understand what the numbers mean. I was hoping someone could help interpret a little, at least since I don't see the doc again until Monday...

HIV Subtype: B
RT GENE MUTATIONS: R211K
PR GENE MUTATIONS: E35D, I62V, L63T, A71T, V77I

HIV REVERSE TRANSCRIPTASE+PROTEASE GENE MUTATIONS TESTED FOR: DETECTED.

NRTIs                     !   !
ZDV (zidovudine or Retrovir)    ! NO!
ABC (abacavir or Ziagen)        ! NO!
ddI (didanosine or Videx)       ! NO!
3TC (lamivudine or Epivir)      ! NO!
FTC (emtricitabine or Emtriva)  ! NO!
d4T (stavudine or Zerit)        ! NO!
TDF (tenofovir or Viread)       ! NO!
________________________________!___!______________________
!   !
NNRTIs                     !   !
ETR (etravirine or Intelence)   ! NO!
EFV (efavirenz or Sustiva)      ! NO!
NVP (nevirapine or Viramune)    ! NO!
RPV (rilpivirine or Edurant)    ! NO!
________________________________!___!______________________
!   !
PIs                         !   !
FPV (fos-amprenavir or Lexiva)  ! NO!
IDV (indinavir or Crixivan)     ! NO!
NFV (nelfinavir or Viracept)    ! NO!
SQV (saquinavir or Invirase)    ! NO!
LPV (lopinavir or Kaletra)      ! NO!
ATV (atazanavir or Reyataz)     ! NO!
TPV (tipranavir or Aptivus)     ! NO!
DRV (darunavir or Prezista)     ! NO!

So, essentially, is this saying that the strain I have has been shown to be resistant to at least some medication? But it's saying "no" to all those listed above...sooo...what is it resistant to? Is this going to be a difficult one to treat and get under control?

Offline AusShep

Re: Next numbers and resistant types??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:32:58 am »
Subtype B is the most common in the US. 

You have very few mutations, and nothing that would prevent you from taking any medication. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:37:40 am »
Basically you don't have anything to worry about that I can see. Mutations don't mean resistance, that's why they list each drug and say yes, no or susceptible and then graph the %
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Bizkits

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »
Thanks guys. Much appreciated :)

Offline sfguys

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:28:23 am »
Hi Bizkits, I remember your next doc appointment is mid-April. have you started your treatment yet?

Offline Bizkits

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »
Hi Bizkits, I remember your next doc appointment is mid-April. have you started your treatment yet?

Hey guys,

I had my appt this past Monday, 4/14. Everything went well, doc was satisfied with numbers and after a much anticipated discussion about medication choices, she recommended Truvada/Tivicay, so that's what we went with. I got the Truvada right away but the Tivicay was a restricted/non-formulary drug so we had to go through the process to get it--but it was approved and actually just picked it up today. So, I will start tomorrow morning. (Can't take one without the other). I was hoping I'd be able to go the one pill once daily route but 2 pills once daily I'm not going to complain one bit about. My next labs will be 5/19/14 and next ID appt is 6/2/14. How are y'all doing? Any progress on treatment or medication?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:41:05 pm by Bizkits »

Offline sfguys

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:40 am »
HI Bizkits,

Nice to hear you started your treatment already. Tivicay seems to a very good choice from what I read. We delayed our doctor appointments from late April to mid-May since we can't go back to US until then. Our choice of medicines would probably be more limited than yours since we are thinking of getting regular check-up and buying medicines in Thailand, which will limit our choice to Atripla mostly.

Hey guys,

I had my appt this past Monday, 4/14. Everything went well, doc was satisfied with numbers and after a much anticipated discussion about medication choices, she recommended Truvada/Tivicay, so that's what we went with. I got the Truvada right away but the Tivicay was a restricted/non-formulary drug so we had to go through the process to get it--but it was approved and actually just picked it up today. So, I will start tomorrow morning. (Can't take one without the other). I was hoping I'd be able to go the one pill once daily route but 2 pills once daily I'm not going to complain one bit about. My next labs will be 5/19/14 and next ID appt is 6/2/14. How are y'all doing? Any progress on treatment or medication?

Offline Bizkits

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 12:05:58 pm »
I've only been on it now 4 days so I don't know that is a lot to go off...So far just seems to be a little tiny bit of GI upset when I first take them but not bad by any means and no other effects. Nothing I can't live with. Atripla, from what I understand is still a very powerful and very effective drug. Potential side effects aside, I wouldn't discount it. Just have to wait to see if y'all have any resistance to any of it's components. How would that work in Thailand? Can you take a US Prescription and fill it there? I am not familiar with their medical system at all...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.