Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:31:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: project runway!  (Read 17598 times)

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
project runway!
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:59:19 pm »
PROJECT RUNWAY FEVER!!!!

god i love this show so very much. My dreams of designing are put on screen.

What I wouldn't give to be on there.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: project runway!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:23:43 pm »
make it work!  :D

keith said he doesn't respect some of the judges ... WTF!!!!

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:31:03 am »
I KNOW! I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!! He seems pompous and I don't like him. At all. I liked the coffee filter dress and the German woman...Uli.
-Bette Midler

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 06:45:07 am »
disrespectful people often have "problem lives" ... this dude's personality makes him fugly. hope he doesn't win

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 09:01:48 am »
we anxiously tuned in for the season premire and weren't disapointed... they have a pretty good mix of personalities this year I especially cant wait to see the sparks fly with the ultra prissy English boy and the guy with all of the shit tattooed on his neck...  I thought it would also be an interisting twist if they Didnt replace all of the furniture that got destroyed in the first episode, just to add to the tension... maybe make the prize for one episode include new furniture for the winners apartment...  oh, and I thought that the Coffee Filter dress should have WON !!!   My early favorites are the guy that did the coffee filter dress, and the lady that made the dress out of the fur Rug and the Chandalier...

We certainly have an interisting viewing schedule, Project Runway one night, and Deadliest Catch another,  Campus Ladies  and ofcourse Sci Friday on the scifi channel.... (Please, someone tell me there is more Dr Who on the way ....)
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 11:29:02 am »
ahhh yes! he is my favorite and that coat with the fur...to die for...

The tattooed guy is no santino but i think he will definately create sparks! Do you think that fancy boy is really british? Or is it a facade? I think he's a goober and sketchy.

by the way....Campus Ladies =) is great! 
-Bette Midler

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 06:59:20 pm »
The "brit" guy is a total ass.

LOVED the fur-collar/cuff dress.

I just didn't think Keith's dress took much imagination.  Kind of boring.
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 09:52:01 pm »
I AGREE!!!!!!!
-Bette Midler

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 11:18:55 pm »

OMG! Project Runway has started! Off to itunes I go to download the 1st episode!

I have designer fantasies also swede_dish...**sigh** now if I could learn to sew.

brian

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 12:27:59 am »
be sure to download the pre show with all the catch up on the previous season's designers!

I know how to sew but my pattern making is HORRID!
-Bette Midler

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 02:04:13 am »

I got the preshow too. I just rocked two hours on Project Runway. I finally did something important today.

I liked the Ohio girl's outfit, Allison the blonde's dress, and da' hip hop coffee filter.

That Melan (I was born in Taiwan) dude can't be for real. He's gotta' bust out some mandarin if I'm going to believe that schtick at all.

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 02:14:23 am »
EXACTLY! I don't know about him.

Allison's was pretty!

project runway counted as my important thing for yesterday
-Bette Midler

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 06:55:59 pm »

Check out Tim Gunn's podcast. I love him.

DESIGNERS, GATHER AROUND!

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 01:09:47 am »
Where's Andre? What happened to Andre?

Reb Lobster.
-Bette Midler

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 02:12:58 am »

That was definitely one of Santino's BETTER moments (although I really did like his main dress in the final). What did happen to Andre? He wasn't on the pre-3rd season special. I love that he cried because he had to cut up his jacket. I wish I cried over my clothes more often...or at all. I'm usually just befuddled that I didn't hang things and now I have to iron it...again. ARGH.

brian

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 01:37:18 pm »
Irons are the devil...BOO HISS.

if it's wrinkled...i say it's the hobo chic look! Or just say Bohemian...and no one will question you...

Andre...i imagine him and Tim are living together by now, but to keep thier blossoming love out of the paparazzi's reach, Andre stays home during taping of the show. When the season ends, they go out to Reb Lobster where there is sure to be bickering...but all with love..
-Bette Midler

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 12:54:28 am »

Yes, I hope Tim and Andre are happy happy in LOVE at Red Lobster.

I don't know if the chic bohemian look works for me. I have experimented with the "distressed" look on some of my shirts. You'd think at some point one would become good at ironing, but sometimes I'll spend like 20 minutes on just one pair of slacks. And I always fuck up the crease if I ever try and iron it back in. How can this be? It's right there for me to iron, but I always screw it up???

Anyway, lets keep talking about Project Runway because I find it far more interesting than most things in my life. How'd you feel about Chloe winning Season 2? 

I still haven't seen Season 1. Can you buy it on DVD? Funny I might actually go buy that if I can.

One night I was really bored and downloaded an episode of season 2 on itunes. I had no idea I'd spend the next two days watching the show.

brian

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 12:44:10 pm »
How'd you feel about Chloe winning Season 2? 

the judges liked her garment construction but I found her conservative definitely not as exciting as Daniel Vosovic (who takes some risks , unlike Chloe) (don't get me wrong -I don't hate Chloe)

I loved Daniel's military-Asia concept and I could "see it" even though the judges did not "see it" (maybe they were expecting something more literal????) ... Did you "see it"?? (the military-Asia thing)?? Daniel's too good for the show!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:51:33 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 10:13:46 pm »

I'm not so sure I saw the "Military Asia" thing, but I'm not sure I have much of an idea what anything "military asia" should look like. I did like Dan V's stuff though. On the whole I liked his stuff more than Chloe for sure. But that's not to say I wasn't into some of Chloe's stuff. As far as showing a cohesive set of clothes that go together I think Chloe beat Dan V. Another thing the judges said about Chloe was that she really understands a woman's body and how to make clothes for it. That and also her actual skill level in construction seem to put her over the top. I do think it was a bit of a toss up between the two, but in the end I don't feel bad that someone won because they have greater skill. I think this aspect is often overlooked and instead we get the over the top in your face Santino, all style no substance.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 10:40:35 pm »
Brian, do you "see it" now? There's no right or wrong answer.

http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2006/fall/main/newyork/womenrunway/danielvosovic/images/1.jpg

My interpretation:
Military = fierce
Asia = feminine

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 02:00:35 am »

I guess my point was that it didn't matter. I've dealt with this sort of stuff in the music world alot and really got tired of trying to explain myself to others (maype that's why I don't play music anymore...but whatever).  I think this sort of thing is pretty strange to pin down into words, but I know this is what they expect of them. The link you gave me is definitely a beautiful design whatever it is. If Dan V. had won I would've been just as pleased.

We can also look to the load of BS that Keith gave the judges in the last episode and they totally bought it. Gone with the wind and Carol Burnett???

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 09:36:37 pm »
Man did I miss alot while in the U.P! (again!)  I actually liked the fact that Chloe won...she has good business sense and that can make or break a design line.  I don't know...I liked Daniel's too but I do think he was young and needed more experience to deal with the high stress world of fashion. While his Military Asian idea was good, I think he can build on it.  Santino can bite my tukis and Wendy...PUH LEES. Hers seemed generic and what everyone wanted to see. Santino's seemed to not be "him" (even the judges said that...I guess I'm just repeating the once said)
-Bette Midler

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 12:54:41 pm »
While his Military Asian idea was good, I think he can build on it. 

Agreed - He didn't carry the theme throughout - just some pieces. Well, new eppy tomorrow-- Yay! I hope Vincent or Keith get "auf'ed" ... Sorta rooting for the "Ohio gal" at this early stage

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 11:47:51 pm »

Well damn, it took long enough for itunes to put the next episode up!

I know I thought Melan was nuts, but I feel pretty bad that he's out.  He's a mystery. I'm sure his schtick is some sort of fantasy, but somehow I feel like he's a loner and I feel sympathy for that.  I didn't like his dress, but I feel like if he'd had more time it would've been alot better.  Poor guy.

I guess I'm glad angela is still around because I want to see more of her stuff, but her lobbying was kinda' lame. I'm sure working with Vincent was a nightmare.

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 02:20:37 am »
I would have wacked Vincent. Mob style.
-Bette Midler

Offline purplerain

• finally figured out the pic thing
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 10:45:26 am »
I think Vincent is kinda crazy (aren't we all LOL) what was with that hat last week LOL I think he should have been the one 2 go

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 11:47:40 am »

I'm sorry, but that Angela is a biatch - why didn't she go?  *blech*

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 04:56:10 pm »
I agree.  I totally did not like Malan, but after he got the boot, I did kind of feel bad for him.  Of course, his whole little "sob story" could have been a big put on, too.  Who knows???

Offline purplerain

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 05:08:17 pm »
Who do u guys think should be/will be the next 2 go??????

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 05:10:57 pm »

My vote goes to Angela.  I guess I'm not up to speed on everything, but she is major annoying and can't even sew or sketch (I just remember her trying to hook-up with Kayne, because she didn't do one of those things).

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 12:06:14 am »
what's funny about Malan is that he was rejected for season 1, then invited on for season 2, HE DECLINED the invitation, then he was accepted for season 3, accepted, and got kicked off!! weird! but i think his painful childhood story (which was sad) was for real and the "not having many friends" part too - who'd lie about that? .... hated his dress though. poor Malan

did you see Keith seducing Miss USA with his eyes, his words? ogawd... he even invaded her space!,  :o did you see? he put his hands on her waist and at first she was like :o  "ooo" :o then a split second later she was like "ahh" ...  he's a chain smoking neurotic egotistical mess. but like a train wreck, i gotta see (can't help myself)

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 01:14:25 am »

Yeah, Keith creeps me out.  He seems competent, but I can't believe he's as good as his ego thinks he is. I'd really like nothing more than to see him axed on the runway.  That dress in the 1st episode was nothing to write home about.

Keith can go, then Vincent.  Jeffrey seems like an ass, but I liked his dress in the last episode so I'll wait a sec to wish him gone.
sidebar: what's his tattoo say? Detrioit?? I knew a guy once who had a tattoo of "FUN" in flames on his neck.  Everytime I saw him all I could think is that if he doesn't regret it now he's going to one day...and I generally like tattoos.

I imagine Angela may go soon enough.  I'd like to see her Ohio homebrew one more time before I judge her.

Who's your early favorite????  I got some sort of feeling about Allison, but maybe I just think she's cute.

brian

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 01:12:44 pm »
I'm in the middle of moving so while I am surrounded by cardboard boxes..I will keep my telly out so I  can see it on Wed! While I eat my take out chinese from the paper plates I left out
-Bette Midler

Offline General

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 07:24:32 pm »
Okay, am I the only one that didn't really like Kane's winning creation for Miss USA to wear in the Universe Pageant?  Also, did anyone watch the actual pageant Sunday night?  I couldn't believe she'd actually go through with wearing it.  I thought they would at least make some adjustments or changes to the dress...guess I was wrong!

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 07:25:44 pm »
Okay, am I the only one that didn't really like Kane's winning creation for Miss USA to wear in the Universe Pageant?  Also, did anyone watch the actual pageant Sunday night?  I couldn't believe she'd actually go through with wearing it.  I thought they would at least make some adjustments or changes to the dress...guess I was wrong!

why? it was nice.

anyway jeffrey needs to be AUF'ed tonight ... can you say freak? and color lesson: purple can be made into an earth tone - those are called muted colors!  >:(  jeffrey is a name dropping negative immature freakazoid ass and not well-schooled ........santino would've had him for breakfast if he was in PR2. yay, new eppy tonight!!  ;D

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 12:24:23 am »

I think Angela should've gotten the boot. Not Katherine.

Allison and Uli are going to fashion week.

Someone please kill Keith.

And the cliffhanger for the next episode??? Tim kicks someone off?? OMG!!!

:o

Offline purplerain

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 10:18:57 pm »
Early guesses on who gets kicked out next week???? I think it will either be Keith or the guy with tats on his Neck (forgot his name)

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 10:24:49 pm »
I thought it really funny how Tim was totally bashing "crazy dude's" gold blousy top...and then the judges loved it.  too funny.

Those dogs were so damn cute.  I loved the little hoodie the one gal made for her dog.  That was the Shi-Tzu, if I remember right.  TOO CUTE!!!

Can't wait to see who gets the boot.  Isn't sabotage the supposed "crime"?  I thought I saw that somewhere...maybe up above, in this thread.

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 10:32:20 pm »
Early guesses on who gets kicked out next week???? I think it will either be Keith or the guy with tats on his Neck (forgot his name)

His name's Jeffrey. I think the show chose him for drama.

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 02:29:56 am »

Tim mentioned sabatoge on the first podcast.  Maybe they actually bust someone.  I'd be elated to see keith go.

The hoodie for the dog was great.  If only she'd made a corresponding hoodie to go with the dress.  I really would've been awesome.  I guess she ran out of time.  It's too bad.  No matter how simple that dress was (I like simple) it was way better than angela's insanity.

I think Jeffryye can be an ass, but I like some of his stuff.  I'm not ready to really hate him.  He's ended up in the middle so we haven't seen too much of him.  Also, Michael (?) hip hop guy hasn't been shown too prominently.  I really want to see more of his ideas because I just think it's awesome that he exists.

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2006, 03:23:52 pm »
I thought it really funny how Tim was totally bashing "crazy dude's" gold blousy top...and then the judges loved it.  too funny.

Well I thought Bradley's work looked like pork slop but maybe it looked ok in real life  ???  It looked sloppy and ho-hum imho
Bradley's gold top click here

Katherine's work looked beachy/breezy. imho it was ho-hum ... I wish she stayed  :(

Alison's work looked great but Uli's had more oomph  8)  imho

Looking forward to see if Michael is as good as he says

Angela seems like the type who loves to see her competition fail. She has an evil smirk imho

Keith said the dog challenge was stupid or something to that effect  :o

Jeffrey won't last deep ......... Laura will be a surprise early cut (my predictions)

New eppy Wednesday! yay!

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2006, 02:04:48 am »
I'd be elated to see keith go.

Brian, your wish was granted!  :)

New eppy tmrw! Yay! ...Jeffrey wages war against the femi-Nazi's (his word, not mine!) ...what a poser. He needs to be auf 'ed!  ;D

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 12:44:48 am »

YES IT WAS!!!  Sayonara Keith.

I just watched the lastest episode. Michael WON!!!  I think he's awesome.  I mean, I can't say I like hot pants at all, but he rocked Pam Grier and I'm elated he won.

Bradley, well of course he got auf'ed.  Nonetheless, I had begun to really love that guy and his eternal spaciness. 

Angela...geez, I liked her dress.  It almost frightened me.

I was surprized Uli was not in the top 3. She definitely nailed Diana Ross and her dress was really cool.

Final three...Allison, Uli and Michael!!!!

After Vincent goes competition is going to get TIGHT!

brian

Offline ademas

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 08:25:12 am »
Yeah, the right guy definitely went home this week, and I hope Vincent's next.  His Twiggy was really awful.

Angela's made a bit of a comeback.  Her dress this week, and her smart little jacket last week...whodathunk?  Of course, last week she had two teamates to keep her in check, and this week she had to update Audrey Hepburn's look, and you can't exactly run wild there...

My boy Robert has had two bad weeks in a row...poor guy...makes me just want to hold him, and...well, never mind.

I love Vera Wang as much as the next homosexual...but who the hell is dressing her these days??

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2006, 01:41:42 am »
Yeah, the right guy definitely went home this week, and I hope Vincent's next. 

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  Tonight, the wrong person was kept on the show....

The better person (clearly better) was kicked off.   >:(   :'(

Terrible, just terrible {{{grrrrrroannnnnnnnnn}}}

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2006, 12:23:25 am »

Allison!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Well, I think at the very least it's obvious to everyone that the judges made a SERIOUS error.  Allison may win in the end as being the best designer to unjustly be kicked off the show.

On Tim Gunn's podcast he said he thought Allison might win when he saw it on the dress form, but it didn't fit her model well.  :(

Michael continues to rock it...or hip hop it.  I have to admit I thought Jeffrey's dress was better than Michael's, but he's such a prick.  I loved seeing the look on his face when he lost to Michael.  Assholes like him just deserve to lose. 

Who's the top 3 now?

Michael, Uli.....???

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2006, 07:30:37 pm »
How paranoid is Jeffrey? Just because Angela is his nemesis, that means Angela's mother is his enemy too?  ???  He was so unprofessional. What a jerk.  >:(  His outfit looked like a garbled graduation gown. Atrocious.  >:(

Vincent needs to go too.

Uli is the best.  8)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:23:46 am by allopathicholistic »

yay! no vincent tonight!
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 08:59:23 pm »
yay! no vincent in the finale!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2006, 09:20:36 pm »
I KNOW! I am so pumped that all four get to compete....i like Micheal the most.
-Bette Midler

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.