Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 364
Total: 365

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: No call, no shows from the internet  (Read 10725 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
No call, no shows from the internet
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:55:34 am »
Can someone please explain guys on the internet who set something up for a date or just a hook-up, get your number, say they will call in a few or say they are on their way and then No Call/No Show.  I know it is part of the game, but I just don't understand.  If I am not interested in someone I never persue anything more than chatting.  Even when I am interested in someone I wait for the guy to make the first move. 

I just find the whole "game" silly.  Why go through the motions and not follow through.  Do they change their mind, get a better offer or is it an ego boost?

Just trying to understand,

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: No call, no shows from the internet
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 12:05:39 pm »
I always ask where the person is driving/walking from, gives a 10mn slack, tell them the door will be closed if they don't call to say they're late and don't show up in time. That way I don't wait for hours and go on to the next in line if the first doesn't show up.

I've had a couple of times when the guy didn't call and DID show up 30mn or even an hour late. I never opened the door in that case.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline mjmel

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:10:39 pm »
Have you spent much time in bars, Woods? Because to me, it has just moved from bars & pubs & clubs to the internet. Nothing new under the sun.
WHY?
Beats me.

Mike

Offline woodshere

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »
That way I don't wait for hours and go on to the next in line if the first doesn't show up.

Well Milker, I am not nearly as popular as you, cause I don't have them lined up waiting.  

I definetely don't wait or plan my schedule around a possible hook up.  But since I would never tell someone I would call or was on my way and not follow through, I am just trying to figure out why someone does.  It's the same as in a bar, if I know I am not going to call someone I would never give my number out and if someone asks for my number that I don't really want to call, I just make up an excuse and not give it.  It's just mind games, which are a total waste of time and energy.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:21:05 pm »
I attribute this "no call / no show" behavior to mostly guys who simply can't be honest enough to say they are not interested in you.  There are some other guys who seem to collect numbers (without intention of calling) just because it boosts their ego.  Either way, if they're not considerate enough to show up, or call and tell you why they cannot, they're not guys you want to get involved with.  There's no excuse for this behavior, and I won't engage in it.  If I say I'm going to call, or be somewhere, I do so -- and I expect the same of others.

Regarding waiting for the other guy to make the first move, that can be a lot of waiting (at least in my case).  If I want to  give a guy my number, I will.  But I've come to learn that 95% of them won't bother calling.  I don't generally ask for another guy's number -- I figure if he is interested, he'll either call me with the number I've given him, or (gasp!) reciprocate and offer me his number.

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »
AND then there are those in countries far away who are collecting information for scams and other not so nice behavior.  Why do you guys use the internet to "hook up" when it is one of the least secure ways to meet someone.  There are so many scammers around the globe who are only in it for the more criminal side of life.  I don't do banking, or any purchases of anything on the net as it is so very corrupt, AND there is no way to clean it up.  You see screens that "this is a secure site" which means to me that someone in another part of the globe is watching with net scanners.  Keep yourself safe and don't use the internet for anything more personal than surfing.

Just my thoughts, based on 40 years in this industry.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline woodshere

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 01:59:17 pm »
I attribute this "no call / no show" behavior to mostly guys who simply can't be honest enough to say they are not interested in you. 

Why then lead someone on from the start.  Like I said I keep my interest at a very minimal level.  The other guy is always the one paying the compliments first and saying they are interested and wanting my number to call.  I think a lot of it is a self-esteem and ego thing.

There's no excuse for this behavior, and I won't engage in it.  If I say I'm going to call, or be somewhere, I do so -- and I expect the same of others.

Henry, you're a dream, move to Louisville please...... :)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 03:59:26 pm »
Girl, girls... the answers are simple! 

1) fucked up on meth

2) found someone else with a larger cock 5 minutes after making arraignments with you

3) fucked up on meth

Stir vigorously and pour.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 04:03:03 pm »
Nope.  Definitely can't explain.  It never made sense to me either. 

I know in my past there were some guys who were partying and lost track of time.   There are also cases of someone chatting up more than one person at a time and either losing track of who they are talking to and arranging a hook-up with or getting a another offer after they agree to meet you and just being without the balls to cancel to you.

Actually in my party days there was a guy we all knew who trolled manhunt who used three different screennames and all of them were to just toy with someone...that was how he got off.

Personally I prefer people who gets their kicks the old fashioned way with whips and bondage :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 04:07:48 pm »

Actually in my party days there was a guy we all knew who trolled manhunt who used three different screennames and all of them were to just toy with someone...that was how he got off.

Wait.  You mean not everyone does that?

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 04:17:07 pm »
I confess to having two at one point.

The one I tricked with, and the one I pigged with.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 04:21:33 pm »
I would relate my on-line stories of stringing along straight men talking about my Size D breasts way back when during the dawn of the internet over a decade ago, but y'all might not think highly of me.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 04:23:05 pm »
Maybe those of us who pretended we were straight men and were stringing along women who claimed to have Size D breasts would. 8)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 04:32:55 pm »
Possibly.  It was a very short phase at any rate.

I then moved on to closeted Jamaican men.

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 05:47:32 pm »
I would relate my on-line stories of stringing along straight men talking about my Size D breasts way back when during the dawn of the internet over a decade ago, but y'all might not think highly of me.

I never knew you had Size D breasts.  You've been holding out on us!
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 05:49:18 pm »
I never knew you had Size D breasts.  You've been holding out on us!

Yeah, and they're really hairy as well :)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 05:52:32 pm »
It always surprises me when homosexuals are surprised by the behavior of homosexuals.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:20:29 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 06:04:46 pm »
I don't do banking, or any purchases of anything on the net as it is so very corrupt, AND there is no way to clean it up.  You see screens that "this is a secure site" which means to me that someone in another part of the globe is watching with net scanners.  Keep yourself safe and don't use the internet for anything more personal than surfing.

I'm far more concerned with how companies handle (or mishandle) my sensitive information after it gets to them (whether it be in person, via snail mail, or over the Internet).  There have been many stories recently about how companies have lost or exposed sensitive data (credit card numbers, SS numbers, account numbers) in stupid ways, like employees who lose laptops.   ::)   I think there are reasonable precautions one can take when transmitting sensitive information over the Internet, to keep it away from network sniffers and prying eyes:

• Verify the name of the web site you are visiting, by double-checking the hostname displayed in the web site's URL in the browser.  If it doesn't look like the correct hostname for the website, don't attempt to login or provide other sensitive data.
  • Ensure that your browser is in secure mode by looking for the lock icon at the bottom of the screen, and verifying that the web site's URL starts with "https://" (the "s" is what is important, as it indicates a secure transport layer).  Using 128-bit encryption, a brute-force attack on data transmitted with 128-bit encryption takes about a billion years to  break with today's computers.
  • Do not click on hyperlinks sent to you in suspicious emails or instant messages.  They may not take you to the web site you think they are (see the first item above).
  • Be sure to install and use anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer, to prevent theft of personal data off of your laptop.

Again, in my experience as a software developer and architect, more security exposures happen *after* your data gets to a company, rather than in-transit to a company via the web.

Henry

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:53 pm »
Sigh.  People can steal your credit card information in a common restaurant and you worry about ordering from Amazon.com?

Whatever.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:42 pm »
I confess to having two at one point.

The one I tricked with, and the one I pigged with.

What's the difference between tricked and pigged?

(Surely I'm not the only one on here who doesn't know the difference)

Offline Robert

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 06:59:58 pm »

I'm going to let Iggy explain this. 

robert

Offline fearless

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 07:33:09 pm »
hehehe.

I just happen to be wearing my 'Hillbilly - squeal like a pig' t-shirt today.

Little Steve
(who is hoping to get porked tonight  ;D)
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 07:47:27 pm »
Who is just sitting back, getting ready to roll a phatty and getting educated on gay men..... ;D

(I should be re braiding my tresses right now)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Iggy

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 09:02:21 pm »

In short:  Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you want to crack one.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 09:15:50 pm »
eep.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 10:09:24 pm »
gasp
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Basquo

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 11:24:54 pm »
swoon

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 01:35:04 am »
Many guys are ruled by their dicks that is why. Some guys are like a kid in a candy store. The internet is like a candy store. They see one piece of candy and it looks good then they start to go to the cash register to buy it only to see other pieces of candy they 'think' looks better so they put down the first piece and buy something else, only to walk out and find the candy they bought wasn't as good as they thought. Then they have second thoughts and want to go back and buy the original candy they chose.

He will be back again seeking you out . It is up to you if you will accept his invitation then. It is sad but this how it is. This is why I am not always so sure the internet is such a great thing for dating or hookups. But hey the clubs are the same way  :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 01:42:30 am by DCGUY2007 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 10:50:59 am »
geez louise folks.. why do you expect the internet (of all places) to be ANY different than a bath house?  Same thing, different place.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 11:06:10 am »
geez louise folks.. why do you expect the internet (of all places) to be ANY different than a bath house?  Same thing, different place.

Actually I think a sex club, bath house or adult bookstore are much better for the hook-ups.  Of course you do have your cock teasers, but there is typically an abundance of other guys to play with and move on and play with more.  Of course afterward for some there might be that conversation and phone number exchange.  As for me I am far past thinking that I will develop a friendship or dating relationship with anyone that I just tricked with.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 12:37:16 am »
I got to go on an internet date once.  It was like being on call with Oscar De For Renta Escort Service (without pay).  He was a contractor or something building a winery in the Napa Valley.    He chose the restaurant, a trendy upscale steak house in Calistoga, ordered my steak before I arived (it was perfect), but... Somehow he aged 20 years and gained 50 lbs. between the time I left home and arrived at the restaurant.

He said he was divorced and so did his wife, who just happened to be at his house in San Francisco every time I called.  One day, not unlike any other, I just stopped calling and taking his calls.  The lesson learned (if any)... Never go out with a man who has the same name as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(who almost forgot, his name was Donatello) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 01:40:11 am »
Hmm, I was guessing Michaelangelo....That's what I get for guessing...
 ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline next2u

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 04:27:31 am »
what is pigged? i mean, tricking, is this free or for money? in my head, tricking (damn near vanilla) is a more innocent version of pigging (really dirty/kinky sex). someone straighten this out please.

the no call no show thing is crazy. sometimes peeps force their numbers on you and expect you to call. i think a lot of times people can't put their money where their mouth is. the fantasy becomes to real, and that can mean real consequences. i tend to keep my dates, but if i need to break them, i will have the common courtesy to call.

midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 05:38:36 am »
Hmm, I was guessing Michaelangelo....That's what I get for guessing...
 ;D

Oh No My Queen,

I don't know any Angels.  Actually, I bought my Vestal Virgin card in a little shop on Santa Monica Blvd.  It is counterfeit.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Have the best day
Michael
(who was clubbing with some Impostor Queens that day)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.