Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:07:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 656
Total: 656

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Took A Much Needed Break  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Took A Much Needed Break
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:05:18 pm »
Well a lot has happened since I was on here last and a lot of close friends have died. Back last year I went off my meds for over 6 months and my numbers dropped my CD4 went down too 18 and my VL was 9 million. Yeah about kicked the bucket not going to do that one ever again. My numbers are slowly going back up again my CD4 now is 181 and VL is 123. Still on the same reg as before nothing has changed picked up Mepron though that stuff really sucks. Hope everyone else has been doing OK.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: Took A Much Needed Break
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:54 pm »
It's good you learned your lesson Jerry, treatment interruptions just don't work.

I think in the future there will be drugs that last longer in the system that will allow for less frequent dosing but for now it's once a day.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:32:55 pm »
Hey Little Buddy:

(can I say that to someone who towers a good foot above me?)

This is my third attempt to post to this thread, so I'm not holding out much hope. Something is terribly wrong!  But that's a topic for another thread.

It's good to hear from you.

Sorry to hear your numbers headed South so fast, but it's good to hear that your VL has dropped so dramatically and that the meds are appear to be doing their job.

RAB

(Who's struggling mightily with this web site lately.)   ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »
Hey Jerry glad to see you back. Hang in there, you can do it. It isn't like you haven't been through a lot in the last several years yourself.

Rodney

Offline Jody

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:06:06 pm »
Good to see you're doing better Jerry and welcome back.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:36:58 pm »

Hey Jerry, glad you are doing better and welcome back.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:39:31 pm »
Hey Jezza! Nice to see you back baby. :)

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:41 pm »
Hey Jerry

It's good to see you back and back on track...keep up the good work.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 11:45:53 pm »
picked up Mepron though that stuff really sucks.

Welcome back and yes yes it does
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:47:26 pm by Hellraiser »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.