Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:07:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 333
Total: 333

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Say Wha-a-a-a-t? The "View"?  (Read 10384 times)

Offline clarke

Say Wha-a-a-a-t? The "View"?
« on: September 14, 2006, 04:07:24 pm »
I just listened to what "The View" had going on this a.m., and I almost couldn't believe what I heard.

But then, what Ms. O'Donnell said is the same thing I've heard/read from many other Heterophobics and Christian-phobics in "support" groups in the past.  I think all she has done is too show how anti-Christian and Heterophobic the Homosexual Community is.  I've run into some real "hate-mongers" before, but she really takes the "award" for what she said.  I wonder how and what she is teaching her children?

I hope someone lets her know about "Karma".

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Say Wha-a-a-a-t? The "View"?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 04:30:44 pm »
Hey Clarke,

Do you watch "The View" a lot?

But then, what Ms. O'Donnell said is the same thing I've heard/read from many other Heterophobics and Christian-phobics in "support" groups in the past.  I think all she has done is too show how anti-Christian and Heterophobic the Homosexual Community is.  I've run into some real "hate-mongers" before, but she really takes the "award" for what she said.  I wonder how and what she is teaching her children?

Well, duh honey! She's operating under the orders of our Leader, Ellen. You see it's all part of a big queer conspiracy. The lesbians take over day time television and pervert the housewives and children and we fags invented AIDS to seal the deal.

::)

Kisses,

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:09 pm »
I just listened to what "The View" had going on this a.m., and I almost couldn't believe what I heard.

I hope someone lets her know about "Karma".

...not even worthy of a response....heterophobic, homosexual community...Clarke you are really reaching.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:54:19 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:18:23 pm »
What did she say??
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 05:41:44 pm »
I'd like to get pissed and be offended but I'm not really sure whats going on here!

But I know SOMEBODY is going to PAY for this atrocity!!!

(leaning to matty, "Does that sound about right?"

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 05:43:33 pm »
What did she say??

She questioned fundamentalism in religion...I guess that is why they call it "The View."

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:45:04 pm »
....plus she murdered Anna Nicole's son.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:01 pm »
The bitch sat on his face didnt she! 
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:49:04 pm »
oh my!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 05:50:55 pm »
Never watched the show. Rosie is a good actress and used to be a pretty good comedian.
Now she is just another miserable slob pissed at the world.  I have never seen a person look so unhappy so often.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 05:56:15 pm »
Never watched the show. Rosie is a good actress and used to be a pretty good comedian.
Now she is just another miserable slob pissed at the world.  I have never seen a person look so unhappy so often.

Yep, she is crying all the way to the bank. What's wrong...did it start to get boring over in the Gatherings?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:53:11 pm by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:28 pm »
yeah, andy shut it down. Bummer. Guess I will have to see whats on the TV.  I still feel there is much unresolved shit from montreal that needs to be hashed out.

Offline ademas

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 07:24:21 pm »

Offline jack

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:29 pm »
What an idiot. Why would she choose to destroy herself like this? Does she hate herself and her life?  How can anyone be so moronic? Why destroy your audience? Maybe this is why we dont see Rosie in movies anymore, she may viewed as a liability.  Pass some lexapro her way.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 07:43:42 pm »
It's her "view" and she is entitled to it....but heterophobic, Christianphobic, hate mongering rhetoric? Gimme a break...don't you num-nuts realise they rehearse with the producers what they are going to say before they go on the air? They focus group thousands before they hired Rosie and hired her to fill that niche. It's entertainment TV you goobers...not the news.

Jerry is not real either...hate to burst your bubbles.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:16:42 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 07:53:05 pm »
What about Tarzan?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 07:55:38 pm »
WHich is why she got an applause . Now the Dixie Chix that's another story!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 12:30:20 pm »
Clarke,

You dump a big steamer in the forums and you don't even have the decency to reply to the many responses you receieve.

That's just rude. ;)

MtD

Offline ademas

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 12:40:57 pm »
I've never been a fan of Rosie, but I would NEVER call her a "big steamer"...
 ;)

Offline Cliff

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 12:49:39 pm »
It's an entertainment show, which is why their points are silly and not well thought-out.  I'm not sure what point the other ladies were making in their rebuttal.  Since radical Islam causes terrorism, then it's okay to bomb any Islamic state...because in their words, radical Islam is widespread.  We now know that Iraq was not involved in terrorism, so the war in Iraq does nothing to address radical Islam, if anything it has only encouraged it.

That's not to say that Rosie didn't sound stupid, by comparing the bombing of innocent Iraqies to the attacks on the world trade center.  Our military tries to minimize collateral damage (often hard to do when the enemy hides itself among civilians), their mistakes, while terrible, are in no way in the same league as guys intentionally hijacking planes and ramming them into buildings that have no military assets what-so-ever.  And where we find soldiers have intentionally murdered civiliians, they are brought to justice.  That can not be said for those who commit terrorist acts, who are often praised as heros by other nations (and provided with safe haven).

Rosie probably would have been better off bringing up the bombing of the Federal building in OKC, or the bombing of the abortion clinics, or the number of teenage suicides committed by depressed gay teenagers, or the killing and beating of gays as a result of radicalism and intolerance in this country, (often with Christian support).

Offline clarke

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 03:12:45 pm »
Well, for the record, we don't watch The View.  I saw the video of it on a website video, and just found it hard believe what Rosie said, with the audience clapping along.  What was worse (to me anyhow), was that Barbara Walters, who has been the top woman reporter for many years, allowed that to be said without anything from her.  I only used to watch it some years ago just to see if I could see something from Viera who always claimed to not wear underwear.

The View used to be pretty interesting to watch years ago, and did offer some good news/facts and stuff.  Guess they don't have much else to do, or are pandering to Ms. O'Donell and her hatred.  She seems to have become a very bitter person, even before her own show went off the air.

And Cliff, for what it's worth?  I'm a "Christian" (so are my wife and son), and we all abhor the violence against people who are Gay.  We don't tolerate name calling at anyone about anything, mainly because we know ourselves that we are not the "picture perfect" Christian family.  We have our beliefs about things that go on or happen, we also know we have no business pointing fingers.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 03:24:07 pm »
Huh? Then why did you point fingers?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 03:30:59 pm »
Well, for the record, we don't watch The View.  I saw the video of it on a website video, and just found it hard believe what Rosie said, with the audience clapping along.  What was worse (to me anyhow), was that Barbara Walters, who has been the top woman reporter for many years, allowed that to be said without anything from her.  I only used to watch it some years ago just to see if I could see something from Viera who always claimed to not wear underwear.

The View used to be pretty interesting to watch years ago, and did offer some good news/facts and stuff.  Guess they don't have much else to do, or are pandering to Ms. O'Donell and her hatred.  She seems to have become a very bitter person, even before her own show went off the air.

And Cliff, for what it's worth?  I'm a "Christian" (so are my wife and son), and we all abhor the violence against people who are Gay.  We don't tolerate name calling at anyone about anything, mainly because we know ourselves that we are not the "picture perfect" Christian family.  We have our beliefs about things that go on or happen, we also know we have no business pointing fingers.

;D

MtD
(Who loves the idiots who do his work for him)

Offline clarke

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 03:32:01 pm »
Perhaps cause I'm an idot? ???  ???  ???

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 03:34:06 pm »
Perhaps cause I'm an idot?

It's I-D-I-O-T . . . oh never mind.

MtD

Offline jack

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 04:15:20 pm »
Cliff, you say we know Iraq was not involved terrorism? Saddam was paying Palestinian families to use their children as suicide bombers. Al quaeda and other terrorist groups have had training camps in Iraq for years before 911 and since. Clinton and the Dems were telling us that throughout the 90s.  But there is no evidence that Iraq was involved in 911.
Iraq was the only country in the world that did not have Al Quaeda prior to 911? Think about it. Al Quaeda has cells in every country but Iraq.
There is much speculation that Ramsi Yousef worked for Saddam when he wasn't blowing shit up for Bin Laden and that Ramsi while in the employ of Saddam orchestrated the still unsolved TWA 800 massacre. All speculation of course.

Back to Rosie, she was great in "another stakeout" and "league of their own". Rosie and dreyfuss making a dessert out of ice cream sandwiches and whip cream is hilarious

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 04:21:23 pm »
Jakey,

You should start smoking pot again. You'd make more sense. ;)

MtD

Offline jack

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 04:43:07 pm »
matty, I hope you arent naked right now.  I just can't figure out why  Al Quaeda wasn't in Iraq prior to 911 but they were in almost every other country in the world and every middle east country.  You are right that doesnt make sense.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 05:01:52 pm »
Jack a right-wringer like you must be sorry that Saddam is gone. He practiced what you preach...he jailed and murdered most of the clerics in Iraq...the rest fled to Iran...and guess what? They're baaack!

He used whatever means necessary to topple the Islamic Republic Of Iran...admit it, you miss him. He fought wars the way you wish America would.

Leave the world's problems to us...you sit back and watch The Path To 9/11 and The View.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 05:10:34 pm »
Cliff, you say we know Iraq was not involved terrorism? Saddam was paying Palestinian families to use their children as suicide bombers. Al quaeda and other terrorist groups have had training camps in Iraq for years before 911 and since. Clinton and the Dems were telling us that throughout the 90s.  But there is no evidence that Iraq was involved in 911.
Iraq was the only country in the world that did not have Al Quaeda prior to 911? Think about it. Al Quaeda has cells in every country but Iraq.
There is much speculation that Ramsi Yousef worked for Saddam when he wasn't blowing shit up for Bin Laden and that Ramsi while in the employ of Saddam orchestrated the still unsolved TWA 800 massacre. All speculation of course.

1.  Everyone knew Saddam was giving money to the families of suicide bombers in Palestine/Israel.  That was no secret.  Nor one of the reasons why the government said we needed to go to war.
2.  Just because Al Qaeda had a cell in Iraq, (no proof of that BTW), doesn't mean that we should have gone to war.  There are Al Qaeda cells in the US right now, should we bomb ourselves?
3.  TWA is not unsolved.  They have long since figured out why the plane exploded.  A center take fuel explosion, sparked by faulty wiring and a build-up of flammable fumes while the plane sat on the ground.  A quick watch of the Discovery Channel or the Natural Geographic Channel, every now and then, would have resolved this "unsolved" mystery a long time ago.

Offline jack

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 05:43:58 pm »
Cliff. you said Iraq was not involved terror. Paying palestenians to use their kids as bomb delivery systems is terror.  Yes,everyone knew it and everyone claimed Saddam had wmd and terror camps.  Clinton, every Dem leader said there were terrorist camps and saddam must be stopped prior to Bush becoming President.
There were many reason for W going into Iraq,and my opinion they were all legit. The problem is one of reasons wasn't to start a democracy in Iraq and use our soldiers for target practice.
The other problem is this idea of waging a pc war.  If you go to war,you go to destroy the enemy ,kill as many as you can and get out as quick as possible. If you aren't prepared to do that you don't go to war.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 05:51:07 pm »
Uday, Qusay and Jack. Saddam must be so proud.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 07:14:37 pm »

Having watched that small portion of clip provided, I don't see anything wrong with Rosies statements.

Now that one woman made the comment, but the christians don't bomb other Christians,( or something verty simular to that effect.

Need I remind that woman of the abortion clinics that were bombed by suppossed Christians?......

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 08:08:03 pm »
Or Ireland -IRA And UDL Spain- ETA, Italy-the mafia or nostre cosa , Germany- WWI, WWII.
I never read any church in America opposing the jim crow laws or lynchings , and what about when the White people bombed that Black town in the midwest- that's the epicentre of Christianity here.
Anyone who thinks highly of Christianity needs to look back ,from 4 ad onward.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:11:47 pm by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 11:45:10 am »
Everybody got their own opinion....including Rosie. 
What's the big deal?

And no matter how you spell it....name calling is completely un-necessary ::)

Some of the best actors never made it to Hollywood...
but everybody got a soapbox
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.