Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:45:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 231
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Condom Slipped Off :(  (Read 24019 times)

Offline PREOCUPADO

Condom Slipped Off :(
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:11:24 pm »
Sorry for my english, but im  spanish :P
 12 days ago i had a casual encounter with a beatifull girl in a bar, i only had one condom, then we had like a two rounds in the first one i didnt ejaculate, buet i didnt have another condom...then i wait for 10 minutes wearing the condom and put it off, roll it back and use it again, wasnt broken.. Was an absurd, but was the moment, the emotion...
Yesterday i beguns to fell ill, feaver, like a flu,nocturnal sweat, but today i have some kind of red rash in my arms and "torax" (i dont know in english)
Can i be infected with hiv for that kind of stupidity? im worried for the symptoms!!.. im scaried

Offline PREOCUPADO

Re: Stupid use of a condom?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:15:08 pm »
if some body is reding me now, im in front of my computer waiting for some of help, please

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:26:34 pm »
Pre,

It's wise to never use condoms twice because they're more likely to break that way. As yours didn't break, I don't see a problem.

Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms mean nothing where hiv is concerned - only testing will reliably reveal your hiv status. Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence. Use them correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:36:12 pm »
Oh! Ann you and Andy and every body here in this site are a really great persons; you are making a big and great work.. BRAVO for that!!!. Thanks for your answer amiga, i will try to dont be worry about it, my last check was 6 months ago, and i always make one every year. I allways take care, but i never read before anithing about this kind of abuse of a condom..  Thanks again and BUENA ENERGIA for all of you.

Offline PREOCUPADO

A brief insertive vaginal
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 06:47:05 am »
Sorry for my english! Male heterosexual 32 hiv-, I had a brief encounter with a girl (hiv status unknown) quite drunk, we were touching us, mutually masturbating, making "frotage"(i dont know how to say in english) but i didnt have a condom with me, was stupid but i penetrated her (in 2 ocassions) no more than 15, 30seconds .. that means i was pulling inside her 2 times :-\... after i realize that i was behaiving like a fool then everything stops. I always use protection, and now im stressed and very worry for that incident. I alredy read the leccion of transmission, and i know that its no so easy to be infected... but i would like that some body give me some light. Thanks for everything, im waiting for any help.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: A brief insertive vaginal
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 06:55:44 am »
Dear Pre,

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 07:10:09 am »
thanks for the answer matty, but exactly what i have to do?, i have to write from my last post "stupid use of a condom"?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:12:04 am »
Yes, you have to post in your original thread. Click the red link in my previous post to find your old thread.

You must not start new threads everytime you have a question.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:14:12 am »
OK, sorry i dint know it. I just post from my original thread, can u check it again an help me?
Thanks again.

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 07:46:51 am »
Some body can help me? im waiting for any answer...please

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 07:57:26 am »
I had a brief encounter with a girl (hiv status unknown) quite drunk, we were touching us, mutually masturbating, making "frotage"(i dont know how to say in english) but i didnt have a condom with me, was stupid but i penetrated her (in 2 ocassions) no more than 15, 30seconds .. that means i was pulling inside her 2 times ...

Pre,

You must understand that we read all the threads posted here and answer people's questions when we can get to them. You aren't the only person in the world, you know.

You have reported unprotected vaginal sex. As a result you need to be tested for HIV. You must wait for 13 weeks from the date you had this sexual encounter. Not only that you should ask for a full STD screen as well. There are other diseases you can catch from unprotected sex.

I think it is very unlikely that you will test positive for HIV. HIV is a fragile virus, which is hard to spread from a man to a woman. You still should test, but I think you will test negative.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 08:16:09 am »
Thanks for your help Matty.  I understand, sorry if i was disturbing you with my insistence.. the point is that im really, really stressed.
Then your answer means that i have to be calm because the odds (my odds) to get hiv are really low.. ???
I will try to relax myself until the test, and never again commit the same stupid mistake.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 08:17:40 am »
Thank you Pre. I appreciate that you're stressed.

Now go to your clinic or doctor and have your HIV and STD tests arranged.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 09:33:47 am »
I've merged your threads and deleted the duplicate entry of your latest question. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread.

OK. So you very briefly had unprotected intercourse. Given that this was a single brief incident the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor that you will test negative. But you should get tested. The CDC recommends doing that at 13 weeks past a risky incident to get a conclusively reliable result. It's much harder to transmit HIV from female to male than the other way around. But low risk is not the same as no risk, so you do need to get tested to be sure you're still negative.

Mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is a dangerous combination that you ought to avoid in the future.

I expect you will come out of this ok but learn from this experience and don't risk your health again.

Good luck with your test.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 06:21:38 am »
Hi andy, nice to "read" you :). Thanks for reorganize my mess, for sure i will keep all my questions in the same thread.
You are right, the alcohol its not the best friend for your sexual life, im learning in a really hard way what thats mean.
I contacted that girl and asked if she wants to make a test together with me, in the beginning she refuse even when in her words she never tested before,but i was explaining her that gonna be good for herself (of course for me too) then in this week we gonna made it. However i will test again after three months to reensure myself and for peace of mind.
Thats look the story andy, ill tell you how is goin on; thanks again for your help and by the way, i want to congratulate all of you (the team here) for your time, your patience.. your great job. Regards, PRE :-\

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 08:29:09 am »
Hi Andy, only one more question,
 its exactly true that in the all story of the forum no body was notified infected after a single brief contact from female to male,

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=15235.0

im asking only for encourage myself, in some way to feel more sure about the results and calm down my mind.

Thank you very much again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 08:54:13 am »
Yes, I understand why you're asking the question. I will repeat again what has already been said: transmitting HIV is not easy and it is harder to do from female to male. In a single incident such as you have had the odds against transmission are very, very high in your favor that it wouldn't happen.

The woman in question apparently was willing to get tested with you. I have to tell you that we don't look favorably on people approaching others to get tested that way. Remember this for the future...your health is YOUR responsibility, not the person you were with. When you've had a risky incident, albeit in this case a low level risk, it's YOUR HIV test result that matters for you. 

Get tested at 13 weeks and collect what I certainly expect will be a negative result. And learn for the future that anytime you have intercourse you need to be wearing a condom. No exceptions.

While waiting to take your test you need to get productively busy in your life. You'll be amazed at how quickly the waiting period can pass if you do that instead of indulging yourself in all kinds of drama about this matter.

Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 06:55:43 am »
Andy and the team, hello again.

I was thinking about the test with that girl, and you are right... she never tested and i dont know if she had a safe sexual life before.
What if she results positive? i dont want even to think it.. Any Advice about how handle that situation?(we gonna test tomorrow morning and collect t results in the evening)
But in that case that she test poz, are the odds for me still the same? or they change?
I dont want to waste your time, but you know, you cannot talk openly with any body about this problems.
Thank you very much, for your understanding. PRE :-\

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:05 am »
The only test results you can rely on are your own, not hers nor anyone elses.

Get yourself tested.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 08:33:25 am »
The status of the woman you were with still wouldn't give you the answer you need.

YOUR test result is what is important for you.

Good luck with that.
Andy Velez

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 06:32:34 am »
Matty an Andy thanks for your answers, yeah now im focused only in my tests.

I had a new question for you, remembering the situation with that girl, i forget to say (maybe its no so relevant) that i was fingering before the first brief penetration of my penis (10 seconds), and continue later fingering (5 minutes) before the second one (10 seconds too), the point is:

Can "the fingering" provocated the overproduction of the cervical secretions and they comes down trough the vagina, to be more potentially risky for me at the moment of the second penetration?
or they stay just right there in the cervix but for the amount becomes to be more potentially contagius during my second penetration?

I was using too a lot of saliva during the penetrations, that changes something?

I know that im thinking a lot about it, but its relly hard stop to do it :-\, maybe my questions doesnt have any sense, i have to recognized my ignorance; but even in the middle of her im tryng to found some of clarity.

Muchas Gracias de verdad, and one thousand more for your patience.

Un saludo, PRE

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 06:36:22 am »
No, it doesn't change anything.

You had unprotected vaginal sex and placed yourself at a very small risk of being infected with HIV. You need to test. I think you will test negative, but HIV is nothing to guess about so you should get tested.

All these other thing you're talking about will have no impact on the outcome of your test.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 06:42:07 am »
Then the odds to dont be infected are still being goods in my favor.. for sure i will be tested, im only waiting for the right time. Gracias Matty... and dont kill me please (im talking about your icon)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 09:24:54 am »
Learn from this experience and keep a fresh supply of condoms handy so that you don't have to go through this kind of worrying again.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 08:33:26 am »
Hello every body,
im still waiting for the time to make the realiable test, but i had been feeling ill, pain in the liver exactly,
 i made an USG and they shows that i have him a litle big than the normal  size (nothing more) and the doctor that make t USG told me that maybe is the beginning from Hepatitis... ??? I had hep A, and never before was vacunated against B,. he question is:

Its possible catch hep B from a single brief exposure like mine?

i gonna be tested in monday for hep B and C (my last control was one year ago), but i would ask you before, maybe its not your especiallity but i cant found nothing concrete, and the health sistem here is terrible and no body says me nothing. In the same way i gonna have and appointment with a doctor in thursday to check my tests. I hope that my question its not out of place, thanks for your time and help.

Regards,  PRE :-\

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 06:24:30 am »
Its me again, (forget the question about hep B, i realize that was out of place sorry)
17 days after my risk i had tryng to be quit, but yestarday i began with diarrea, nocturnal sweat and painly lymph nodes in the groin.. can thats mean something, i beguns to be really scared because never before i feel nothing similar.

I know that the simptoms are not relevants.. but they meke me nervous; can i test tomorrow??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 09:15:14 am »
PRE,

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. Keep working with your doctor to find out what is going on. Whatever it is, it won't be hiv. You had no risk for hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 05:02:44 pm »
Thanks for the answer Ann, let me clarify.. the first post about "the stupid use of the condom" was in 18 october, and the second one was a new totally diferent situation that i posted in november 4, i add the text here:

I had a brief encounter with a girl (hiv status unknown) quite drunk, we were touching us, mutually masturbating, making "frotage"(i dont know how to say in english) but i didnt have a condom with me, was stupid but i penetrated her (in 2 ocassions) no more than 15, 30seconds .. that means i was pulling inside her 2 times ... after i realize that i was behaiving like a fool then everything stops. I always use protection, and now im stressed and very worry for that incident. I alredy read the leccion of transmission, and i know that its no so easy to be infected... but i would like that some body give me some light. Thanks for everything, im waiting for any help.

The first in kindly answer me was matty and after Andy in the same kind way. The point its that from yesterday and 17 days after this encounter i begans to feel t symptoms described in t last post :

Pain in the groin with lymph nodes, nocturnal sweat (i woke up totally wet), diarrea not strong but considerable, muscular pains in my legs and a general disconfort.. everything so suddenly that i dont know what to think.

I didnt feel nothing similar before and im just terrified, and feeling that i can be the first unlucky to be infected in this kind of situation, like i read one thousand of times symthoms are not realiable sign of infection, but feel them is really scaring.
Then thats my actual situation, not good at all.. thanks in advance for your time and of course any advice (one more of them), your profesionals words always had a good and very calming down effect. regards and good luck for every body here.. PRE

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 06:10:24 pm »
Pre,

I don't know what else to tell you. I'm sorry you're feeling ill but it's not caused by HIV. See your doctor.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

NEW SITUATION!!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 11:38:26 pm »
Hola again;
After 38 days of the situation that i described i made a test (4 generation) that becomes negative, and inthe opinion of t counseller its realiable for this such of brief accident.. then i was resting a little.

But 3 days ago i put myself stupidly in a new risk, t details, in t christmas party that organize the enterprise where i work, i met two beauty girls (flat mates, no prostitutes, no drug users) we were drinking, dancing and decide to continue t party in their house. I was laing down in the bed with them kissing and touching us. One beguns to practice me oral sex meanswhile i was kissing the other, suddenly that first one "rides me" without any advice and of course any protection, i was surprised an try to take off her from me that dures about 10 seconds that i was inside of her, then i go to wash my penis with soup and hot water.

When i came back that first one was sleeping (drunk) and i continue "without surprises" and wearing a condom with the other girl, first round one condom, secon round a new condom...BUT about 5 minutes with an unforgetable noise t condoms brokes, i put myself out inmediately and run to wash my penis, t condoms broke in the right side, to 4 centimeters from the top. The girl was very "wet" but i dont know if her vaginal fluid were in contact with my uretra or the top of my penis, what ever everything finished in that moment.

T very next day i talk with them, but say that was t first time that they had this kind of experience(for me too), and they are heterosexuals usually not promiscous, and always had safe sex, but never tested before. Then like Andys write me once t only hiv status that must concerns me its my own i dont press any more. BUT No body really knows about t real sex story of any body.

IM WORRIED AGAIN, im feeling really bad besides from the very bad luck.

Do you think that in the extremely case that they were hiv positive persons, can i become infected from this very specific situation? What are my odds in front of this such of accidents?

Like always, MUCHAS GRACIAS in advance for your valious help, time and patience.
And have a Merry christmas and happy new year!! (FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO AŅO NUEVO)

REGARDS. PRE :-[

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2007, 11:45:45 pm »
Pre,

You had unprotected vaginal sex and so you should have an HIV test 13 weeks from the date of this encounter. It is very unlikely that you have been infected and I am confident you will test negative.

There are other STD's you should be tested for, such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea. Ask the clinic or doctor you see to arrange those tests.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 05:18:46 pm »
Just to remember,But 3 days ago i put myself stupidly in a new risk, t details, in t christmas party that organize the enterprise where i work, i met two beauty girls (flat mates, no prostitutes, no drug users) we were drinking, dancing and decide to continue t party in their house. I was laing down in the bed with them kissing and touching us. One beguns to practice me oral sex meanswhile i was kissing the other, suddenly that first one "rides me" without any advice and of course any protection, i was surprised an try to take off her from me that dures about 10 seconds that i was inside of her, then i go to wash my penis with soup and hot water.

When i came back that first one was sleeping (drunk) and i continue "without surprises" and wearing a condom with the other girl, first round one condom, secon round a new condom...BUT about 5 minutes with an unforgetable noise t condoms brokes, i put myself out inmediately and run to wash my penis, t condoms broke in the right side, to 4 centimeters from the top. The girl was very "wet" but i dont know if her vaginal fluid were in contact with my uretra or the top of my penis, what ever everything finished in that moment.

T very next day i talk with them, but say that was t first time that they had this kind of experience(for me too), and they are heterosexuals usually not promiscous, and always had safe sex, but never tested before. Then like Andys write me once t only hiv status that must concerns me its my own i dont press any more. BUT No body really knows about t real sex story of any body.

Thanks for the answer matty, today is the 14 day after the contact, but im scared because in the 9 day i beguns with a strong Flue, catar, gripe (i dont know how to call it), no fever, no rash, but really intensive muscle and joins pains during 4 days over all in my legs and arms(i never felt before this kind of thing); the worse is that everything suddenly disappears in the 5 day (thats mean 13 from t risk) i still have the catar.

I know that t symptoms are not a realiable indicator from hiv, but its possible that are connected with ARS?
Its possible develops ARS 9 days after the risky contact or its so soon?
And the most important, can i catch hiv from that incident? Matty already answer me a question and gaves me a real confident advice; but after feels all this staff of symptoms im stressed and afraid again.

Thanks for any help, a real worry and stupid guy. PRE :-[

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 06:29:12 pm »
Hey Andy, any advice? you always have a realliy encouraging one :)

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2008, 02:37:19 pm »

Please some body answer me, im really scared i know that i behave stupid putting myself in a new risky situation, but i cannot talk with any body about it and your support is  vital for me in this trouble.. please :-[
I  never felt before that kind of muscular pain or in my joints, sure never before!! was so strong that even dont let me sleep and scare me to the death.. because appears so suddenly and after desappears gradually  (they dure 6/7 days exactly) but over all because happens just after this specific sexual ... i dont know what to thinks..

Unfortunately i had been reading a lot about ARS in internet these days, and together the pains with the flue, makes me think that i will be  the unlucky guy that  becomes to be infected in a single contact.. do you know about somebody infected in that way??

I know that t symptoms are not a realiable indicator from hiv, but for my mind looks bad. Its possible develops ARS 9 days after the risky contact or its so soon?
Tomorrow will be the 18 day after the contact and i gonna be tested (test DUO, IV generation),

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 02:40:24 pm »
IN the infoline says that between 14 and 29 days, this test is very good indicator, but i have to be tested again in three months,
Thanks again for any help, and excuse me if aim posting so much.

Regardas and happy :-\ new year. PRE

Offline Mike23

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 08:50:11 pm »
Hi PRE. First of all, relax. Forget everything. Itīs difficult. Iīm in the same situation like you :'(. First of all VIH is not easy to transmit. Second of all, nervous, anxiety and depression can cause in your body serious problems >:(. Itīs not easy to say this and calm you, I know perfectly how u are feeling. But close your eyes, breathe deeply and forget everything. Try to be occupied all the day working, reading, watching tv, etc. I think itīs your-our mind. And finally, take a rest with your sexual relations  ;D

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 01:12:38 am »
Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.
Now what part of this is it that you don't understand Mike?

Offline Mike23

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 05:33:35 am »
Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.
Now what part of this is it that you don't understand Mike?

ooops sorry. I did it with my best intention to try to calm PREOCUPADO. I didnt read the forum rules, sorry. Delete my comment and sorry for my stupid mistake.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:05:26 am by Mike23 »

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2008, 05:52:07 pm »
Hi again, my last risky situation (december 21 exactly), the details:

[font=Verdana]But 3 days ago i put myself stupidly in a new risk, t details, in t christmas party that organize the enterprise where i work, i met two beauty girls (flat mates, no prostitutes, no drug users) we were drinking, dancing and decide to continue t party in their house. I was laing down in the bed with them kissing and touching us. One beguns to practice me oral sex meanswhile i was kissing the other, suddenly that first one "rides me" without any advice and of course any protection, i was surprised an try to take off her from me that dures about 10 seconds that i was inside of her, then i go to wash my penis with soup and hot water.
[/font]

Well, i tested negative 21 days after for hiv (test duo IV generation Ab Ag24). Tomorrow is the 38 day (from dia zero, almost 6 weeks) and ill be tested again, now including siphilis, gonhorrea, chlamidia.. everything.
I had been feeling a realliy intensive discomfort and pain in my groins, and i suspecting that maybe i catch a STD... i hope not!!
Im just stressed for all the situation, hiv, STD, all this staff together with the discomfort its making me crazy :o

I have a couple of questions if some body wants to answer me of course:

I was waiting for the 42 days (6 weeks exactly) but for my job i only have tomorrow to make the tests, make a big difference in the results between 38 and 42 days?? (i know that i have to repeat after 10/12 weeks, but a negative at six for sure makes me bread)

I never before tested for syphilis, how much i have to wait to collect a realiable result, its enough 38 days for that?? (i didnt have any chankr, not visible at least) but i dont have any knowledge about this kind of tests. Its a blood test?? or they collect a sample from your urethra like in the test for gonhorrea??
 Thankas for your support. Regards. PRE

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2008, 05:59:35 pm »
Well yes you need to be tested for HIV, but I think it's pretty clear that you'll test negative at 13 weeks. The likelihood of you testing positive from such a low risk encounter is extremely unlikely.

Syphilis can only be diagnosed by a blood test and the window period is for that is 3 months as well.

You need to start taking responsibility for yourself and your actions. You make it sound like you were pinned to the bed and the women in question ravished you against your will. This is not the case. You decided to put yourself in a situation where you had unprotected sex. You also need to understand that mixing drinking and casual sex is not a good idea.

MtD

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2008, 06:14:51 pm »
Thanks for the fast answer matty. Of course i put myself in that situation, im not trying to put t responsability over anybody.
I agree, the alcohol mixed with sex is a not brilliant decition; actually after this episode im not drinking at all, and im putting my life in order again...
I had been acting without responsability the last year.. bad times in my life :-[, but i dont want to risk my health and my future anymore.

Thanks again for your counseill, ill be in contact. regards and luck. PRE

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2008, 08:35:25 pm »
As far as the difference between 38 and 42 days for accuracy, if you test negative at 38 days and considering what you have reported thus far, I would expect you to continue to test negative.

The average time to sero-conversion is 22 days.

Re-test at 13 weeks just to confirm the earlier negative result.

Andy Velez

Offline PREOCUPADO

Condom Slipped Off :(
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 08:56:07 am »

After my last incident one year ago, i always had been keeping in mind all the useful recommendations that i obtain from this forum, and never had unprotected sex again or under the influence of alcohol; unfortunately i still do not have a longterm relationship that help me to avoid this new uncomfortable situation.

4 days ago i meet a girl in a bar, we were talking, dancing and drinking a couple of bears; we were not drunk, we spent a really nice time and finally she invites me to her place.

During the night i was wearing a condom in every single intercourse , but in the last one, when we were changing the position, for a few seconds i was feeling more intensive; then i check my preservative and saw that slipped off, realizing that i was totally unprotected inside of her for a moment (10-15 seconds, no more)...then i stop it, wear a new one and finished.

Later taking, the girl told me that she had several partners but always use protection, except when she had a couple for a long time, thats mean in two ocassions (she was living with her ex-boy friend 3 months ago); but she recognized that never test for hiv before. We dont talk more about it, and remembering the counseils from here, i decide dont press her about it.

Im planning to be tested in 2 and 8 weeks later, but i would really appreciate your estimation of the risk that i experienced; i dont know why the condom slipped off , i really know how to use them, i wasnt drunk and i dont try put myself in a deliberated risk... well im feeling quite bad for have to experience all this stress again.

Then if you dont mind and can help me once again, i will be really grateful.

Best regards, PRE :-\

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Condom Slipped Off :(
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 09:16:23 am »
Pre,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Although it's unlikely that you were infected during this brief incident, you have had a slight risk and you do need to test.

There's no point in testing at two weeks. The earliest you should test is at SIX weeks as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seronconvert and test positive by this time. A six week negative is unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 10:18:48 am »
Thanks Ann for your promptly answer,

I told 4 days by mistake, the intercourse was 2 days ago, and im concerned because  that girl is evidently  more promiscued that i was thinking (she recognized it and the toys that i saw in her place were enough to think about it).
 In the same way, i recently (2 months ago) had a surgery to remove part of my prostata, that for sure let me internal wounds (that i guess are still healing), putting me in the case that some of her fluids get in for my uretra, at a risk to catch hiv higgher than normal (of course if she is hiv+).
Even my doctor  (i already talk with him by phone) agree with you in the point that normally its not a big risk,  but in my case and with my wounds, that risk increases.. and recommends me even the possibility of take PEP. (i dont know how works to prevent.)
What do you think about it? I still have until tomorrow night to begun with it, but i would like to hear your advice before to make a decision.
Thanks in advance.

PRE :-\

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 10:40:39 am »
You're beyond the period of starting PEP. PEP has to be started within 72 hours of possible exposure.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 10:44:25 am »
Pre,

They wouldn't have gone through your urethra to operate on your prostate. Besides, you should be healed after two months.

Your risk doesn't warrent PEP. It's highly unlikely you would have become infected from this very brief incident. PEP isn't normally given in your circumstances.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 11:09:26 am »
Ann you are right, the surgery was a laparoscopic one, but i was using a catether for 9 days after it, thats mean exactly 6-7 weeks ago, and during the next two weeks i had blood in my urine and was experiencing some leaks, because my urethra was a little harmed... now is normal, i just want to discard the surgery how possible factor that can increases the slight risk inherent to my incident.

I will keep it in mind and i will test in the 6 week mark.

Thanks for your answers Ann and Rod.

I will keep in touch, best regards, PRE :-\

Offline PREOCUPADO

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 04:47:52 pm »
Ann you wrote:

"Although it's unlikely that you were infected during this brief incident, you have had a slight risk and you do need to test."

I would like to ask you, even in the worst scenario, i mean that the girls had HIV, the risk continuous be an slightly one. Maybe the question is not so relevant, but the answer is valuable for me.

Im just waiting the 6 week to test, thats my last question before that.

Thanks again and best regards, PRE :-\

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 06:18:59 am »
Pre,

We base all our answers on the assumption that the other person is hiv positive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.