Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:02:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 532931 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #1000 on: October 27, 2009, 07:13:03 pm »
not in a month, huh? ;D Well, in a nutshell:

I'm settled into the new home in SC. I planted a bunch of stuff (weather in SC is waaaay different better from up in OH where they had a touch of snow already in the past month. Looks like I left just in time). i had to drive back up to OH to spend my food stamps. OH is hopefully finally terminating my services up there so SC can accept me down here. Uhaul tried to steal my $320 but owned up to their error. I saw my new doctor. tcells went down to 209. my dogz went to see their new doc/vet. Just as I will run out of my stockpiled meds on friday, UPS will be delivering meds on Fri - thanks to SC realizing just how incredibly poor I am. and my stupid ex-roommate got a "writ of restitution" issued against him at the court eviction hearing for staying over two month after he caused us both to have to leave the house I used to live in just few months ago.

Of course over at my blog there are a ton of pictures from the trip through the mountains going back to OH, the dogz enjoying their new home, and all the spiders, lizards and plants out in my new yard to go with all these stories I just summed up.

but you? and here I was bemoaning that I am up to my after-christmas-and-i-ate-too-many-cookies weight of a huge 140lbs and christmas isn't even here yet, and you're having to deal with 74 lbs! I won't say another word about any of my issues.  ;) I want you to try really hard to work on that weight, you've got enough issues without adding diabetes! Your wound is healing and you already have breathing issues. Haven't you already "collected" enough health problems?  :D they're not like pokemon you know where you "gotta catch them all"  ::) :D

It does sound like SS might possibly perhaps sorta finally be working out for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed a little bit longer till you find out. I've been having my own issues so I can sympathize. Lordy, I had problems in the past with the social services, I'm having them now (dang health dpt lady make me come in for an appt today and then she wasn't even there! just so SC could inform me that I am HIV+ and ask if I had any partners that needed to be notified. Well Duh!  ::) I've known for nearly 20 yrs, and all my partners are dead. Doh!), and I'm sure there'll be more problems with them in the future. LOL All I can tell you is to keep hanging in there, keep pushing them along when you can, and think happy thoughts.

oh, also I've been liking the halloween pictures you've posted. I was afraid though you'd start posting ones that were all gory and zombie-esque after all those tales about your wound.  :D ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #1001 on: October 28, 2009, 01:04:00 pm »
I hear you Joel. It is the most disheartening thing that I'm going through, because, I thought I was doing good .I have been exercising:  a combo of cardio and hand weights.  My 'bowling ball' stomach has flattened, so I have a nicer profile and I swear the weight is pure muscle:  DrG is still adamant about it though, "lose weight"

I've already scared Katie with a small chart of six exercise/stretches I want her to perform with the help of Myra. She has got to be able to get in my new truck: if she can't get in it, I'm going to have to go with trying to find another vehicle. 

I've found a hair dresser that actually knows how to manipulate all my sworls and cowlicks and make my hair look good!

Mikie: I've been reading: Mr Kitty?  Do the boyz like kitties?
Now that my wound has healed, my yard is calling. Leaves are starting to fall from the oak trees, and pine cones litter the driveway from neighbors towering giants.

I feel good right now, because DrG gave a Rx for Hydrocodone, and at this moment, I feel like Superman :D

"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1002 on: October 28, 2009, 01:36:20 pm »
My 'bowling ball' stomach has flattened, so I have a nicer profile and I swear the weight is pure muscle
I've found a hair dresser that actually knows how to manipulate all my sworls and cowlicks and make my hair look good!
Looking good is half the battle ROFL  ;D

Mr Kitty?  Do the boyz like kitties?
the boyz and me had our own kitty for 19 years(!). Sheagra was really Randy's cat; but she and I got along ok, and you know ALL the pets became mine once Randy passed away. For many years, I was sure she was going to outlast us all, as I was so sick and my first pack of dogs were passing away. But just a couple months shy of turning 20, Sheagra passed away back while Katrina was destroying New Orleans. I don't remember when that was exactly (ah! that's what my blog is for LOL); I just remember being amazed at how much I loved that damn cat and that damn hurricane was constantly on the TV that weekend as she slowly left me and went to be with Randy.

So the boyz definitely remember (and love!) kitties; but Mr. Kitty doesn't want to have any part of my cockers' friendship. LOL It's one thing for him to put up with Mom's "rat dogs"; but although he has strolled past the boyz fenced-in yard, he wants no part of them. Even when they whine and cry for him to come closer and play. :D ;D

Mr Kitty is semi-feral. Mom rescued him (like she used to do with poodles), and has taken care of him for years now. She even had a little "house" built for him that sits just under the shrubs out by our front door. He sneaks in the house while Mom is getting the food together and her little chihuahuas torment him; but he doesn't seem to mind (he's already taken a chunk out of the ear of one of them when the "playing" got too rough ;)).

I remember visiting years ago and this cat wouldn't let anyone within 10 feet of him. However, I - even though not a cat-lover in the least - have been good to Mr kitty, feeding him as often as possible and giving him as much lovings and pettings as he'll tolerate. Now Mom is all surprised that the cat is around so much and that I can pick him to get him away from her dogs. She just never gave the poor guy "enough" love. I've been tempted to take him over to the side yard to really meet my boyz, but that just sounds like an idea that get me all clawed up  ;D

Now that my wound has healed, my yard is calling. Leaves are starting to fall from the oak trees, and pine cones litter the driveway from neighbors towering giants.
It's Fall here too in SC. Luckily though, since I'm no longer a city boy and the house is nestled here in the woods, I don't have to rake any leaves at all! That's really good too because none of my previous homes even had trees on the properties and so I've never raked leaves - and now I still don't have too. ;D Since snow is pretty rare here in the South, I won't even have to be shoveling snow this Winter - which is kinda sad though. I really, really (even though my friends think I'm nutso) do love shoveling (and playing) in the snow. I'm going to miss Ohio this Winter - just not the blizzards! ;D

Have fun out raking then, Mr. Superman.  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1003 on: October 29, 2009, 12:35:36 pm »

I had a brown tabby (Cindle), once upon a time. She survived my miniature schnauzer (Onna), who carried her in her mouth all over the house. I never knew what she looked like until Onna died: and she dried out. Then she had to deal with Darcell (Irish Setter) who decided she was 'daddy's girl' and there really  shouldn't be anything in the way of my devotion to her. Starved for affection, Cindle gravitated to Katie, who Lavished her with all the attention she could ever want, and then some.

Now that Darcell has passed, I have a lot of Mr Kitty's hanging around the house: I've been adopted: sort of. I really think they were sent to keep me occupied by finding the spots they are using as litter boxed in my flower beds, and sticking an army of broken branches there so they can't use it again. Then finding the next spot and repeating the above.

So, are you living in the house proper?, or is there a mother in law cottage in the back? I bet your mother appreciates all the help she can get with her yard. When I 'help' mom in her yard, I have to remember to listen, as I have a completely different picture of what it should look like than she does :D

I am supposed to be house hunting, but due to my latest series of unfortunate events, I have not been looking. This morning, I was cutely reminded of my task, as I stepped on a floorboard next to the recliner and it gave a little: we are heading for the basement. (I can't help but imagine the worst case scenario) I also have changed a little in my old age. Usually by now, I would have already found a place and started painting!

I woke up this morning with a very sore tongue. I hope that Mr Thrush hasn't returned. My tongue has felt weird ever since I was on all those antibitoics, and now, it is just downright sore, even taking hydrocodone.

Katie is vocalizing right now. I insist that she do a few simple exercises/stretches with Myra helping her. My exchange for Myra's time and assistance is that I am now doing the dishes. :(

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1004 on: October 29, 2009, 10:36:55 pm »
I was wondering what happend to the house hunt .... A sore tongue huh ? You haven't been bathing the cats have ya ? you could get hair balls .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1005 on: October 29, 2009, 11:38:35 pm »
That juggler pix is great! :D
So, are you living in the house proper?, or is there a mother in law cottage in the back?
don't I wish! LOL The original plan was going to be a large room/addition on the house; but because of my ex-roomie's stupidity that forced me to leave about 6 months early, all I got was a door put into the side of the back bedroom. LOL But it works out ok. I basically have on side of the house that consists of my room, the 2nd bathroom, and the small office, along with (outside that new door) a large fenced-in side yard, a porch, and an 18ft covered deck for the boyz. It's comfy, it's nice, and it sure beats homelessness!

I bet your mother appreciates all the help she can get with her yard.
actually, I think I'm here to help her out when her hubby passes away. :o His prostrate cancer just won't go away and though he still putters about, he's 71 and been dealing with this cancer for over 7 yrs. We all know one day it's going to catch up to him and Mom doesn't want to live alone in the woods. So with all of us collecting SS in one form or another, Mom with cataracts, Dennis with his cancer, and me with teh aids, we figured somehow the three of us can make it all work out and keep the house running with my 3 cockers, and their 2 chihuahua, 1 poodle, 1 terrier and Mr Kitty. (It almost like being back in my old pet store  :D ::))

This morning, I was cutely reminded of my task, as I stepped on a floorboard next to the recliner and it gave a little: we are heading for the basement. (I can't help but imagine the worst case scenario)
Goodness! I think I saw that in some Halloween movie. LOL Be careful!

I hope that Mr Thrush hasn't returned.
Egads! :o :o the thrush always scares me to death. It really was one of the causes of Randy's death (actually item #3 on the death certif. behind AIDS and Wasting Syndrome. I mean he had some serious thrush). Every time I've had it, it's been because I was off meds and had one of those viral load numbers where you have to write it in scientific notation, like 6.0 x 10^6 or something LOL You really need to quit having all these health problems, my man! LOL

Oh, and thanks again for those halloween jokes. I sure do believe that laughter IS the best medicine (to get you through sick times, and the hard times), so I appreciate it in all it's doses. Happy Halloween to you Ron!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1006 on: October 30, 2009, 06:16:49 am »
I was wondering what happend to the house hunt .... A sore tongue huh ? You haven't been bathing the cats have ya ? you could get hair balls .

One thing I did learn after all these years is how to get rid of an unwanted hair  ::) :D
I still have a Rx for Fluconazole. It seems to have lessened the severity of the pain. It's now just along the underside. :-\  It may not even be thrush. I don't see any white patches.  It better not be a reaction to the hydrocodone.  ???  I can't take the Tramadol anymore as DrG states that it can react with some of the meds I'm taking...and she tells me this after taking it for the last 3 months. >.<

I talked to Aunt Sue, one of mom's sisters: lives in Waco, and she got on me about how mom isn't a spring chicken anymore...I told her "I know" but when I look at her, my sub-conscious filters kick on and I 'see' her at least 20 years younger.

Mikie: That sure is a lot of dog chow being put out there. Do they eat together? or do you have to separate? in separate rooms :D

give the dog the bone....

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:06:02 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #1007 on: October 30, 2009, 12:28:26 pm »
Hey Ronnie.....you getting any of that huge Snow Storm? for the last 2 days were getting hammered, I had to dig out my Truck just to go to the store, and buy food  ??? right now the snow has stopped, but, it's cold here about 18 right now, it may not be as bad for you when it comes your way, as you aren't far north and in a higher elevation as we are tho :-\ Oh well......That what I get for living 7,300 feet above sea level...sigh  ::)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:34:39 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1008 on: October 31, 2009, 02:13:02 am »
What snow? We've been having morning showers, followed by sunshine.

I have a dilemna. Robert, just married Paulette, who has 2 children from another marriage. I understand about stepfather and step brother: but, does that make Katie their Step Grandmother?

**what the heck is up with the spellchecker? This is how I've spelled dilemna all my life and now spellcheck says it's wrong: it wants dilemma....**

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1009 on: October 31, 2009, 01:03:04 pm »
The Great Hall on Halloween...

What do you get for having a breathing 'spell' in the Dr office? I got a Rx for Rhinocort and a strange box, with a contraption inside. It was an inhaler.(Proventil) I held these two alien pieces in my hand, a small shiny aerosol can and a 'L' shaped piece of orange plastic...

I thought of the 'Goonies' then I thought of another thing to add to my list. I haven't even had the tests yet for Asthma or COPD, and yet, I was holding in my hand the result of what the Dr believed.

I put it back in it's box. It's PRN, and if I have another 'spell' I will deal with it then. So I was having my INR checked on Friday, and I was entertaining telling my woes to Dr and my INR went from 1.9 to 4.5...in one week. ...

"What's new?" she asked, and I handed her my economy sized bag I carry,  stuffed with my meds...DrG had put me back on Omega 3 Fish Oil after my devastating lipid report..aha...the clprit, Fish Oil thins the blood, ...which is why they had taken me off it...however my triglycerides are demanding their due: so, she is going to adjust the Coumadin...again

Than she pulls out the box with the inhaler, so I filled her in...

"Do you know how to use it?"

?? "Well, I've watched the 'Goonies' several times, so had a pretty good idea: turns out I had the wrong idea. After a mock demonstration: resulting in the last of my gold stars decorating the floor, she showed me how to use it correctly.

I've been batting 'zero' for the end of the month: November just has to be better.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1010 on: October 31, 2009, 01:32:55 pm »
I hope things turn for the better for you . Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1011 on: October 31, 2009, 03:13:20 pm »

Maybe you'll find One-Eye Willy's Treasure in Nov. ;D
now, thanks to you ;), i have to go find that Cyndi Lauper song so I can get it outta my head  :D

did you tongue get better or did you mention it to the doc? was it thrush?

oh, and right now, we have baby-gates up seperating "our" side of the house from the rest of the house to keep the peace. I've opened the gates and let them all intermingle for a while a couple of times. So far Mom's dogs are just too busy eating my dogs's food to care about my dogs. :D And I think my dogs are too busy looking for places they think they should mark in the other side of the house :D (that means they just want to pee on things. LOL  ::) ) some day we may take down the gates and live as one BIG family; but Mom's too lazy to open up the gate all the time and it keeps her out of my area, so it's helping with my privacy too ROFL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1012 on: November 02, 2009, 09:21:10 am »
Oh, Mikie, I never had any success with baby gates, as the minute they observed me going over one, they took it that it must be there for exercise: see how high I can jump?

I can see that he's holding the inhaler in a 'L' position: I just don't know why I thought it should be in a '7'

With all the hubbub about my lungs, my tongue was never discussed. It feels better, more like I scalded it on something hot: either I did scald it, or the Fluconazole is doing it's job.

I got a fifth letter from SSA stating that I did not qualify for SSI (must be the IRA) and that if needing help to pay medical bills that medicaid could be available for that???  but.. BUT...I haven't even had the phone interview yet???

I have my phone interview with someone today at 145pm. I don't know if it's SSA, SSI,  or SSDI...everything is so confusing, the letters I have been receiving are so confusing, and I just can't seem to get the big picture.

I couldn't stand it anymore: I got out the clippers and mower and did the front yard. Neighbor was out on his porch. He knew something had been wrong, as he hadn't seen me out puttering in the yard  :D

My head hurts: I am unable to sleep, but after so many hours, I will pass out for a few hours. Last night, I passed out at the computer, and was rudely awakened by the sound of my forehead smacking the keyboard, I have a lovely knot and a red line: *too late to be Frankenstein: Halloween's over*
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:28:50 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1013 on: November 02, 2009, 09:40:58 am »
Hi Ron . I have had medicaid and medicare for more years than I care to admit and still don't understand it all so don't feel bad LOL . I have talked to medicaid employees that I'm quite sure are not up to speed on the rules .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1014 on: November 03, 2009, 02:30:40 pm »
Thanks Jeff,

I spent an hour and half (would have gone longer, but the charge ran out of the clippers) trimming the hedges and bushes in the back yard. The-grass-is-up-to-my-knees.

remember me...

So many battles already fought and either lost or won: so many to still fight:

I had my phone interview with SSA. I still was unsure as to what I was doing. turns out that my SSI application has been denied due to resources (my IRA)...it is gone, kaput, the Golden Goose Egg, gone..

She is filing an application for Disability. ??, but Binder & Binder have already done so. ...yeah well, she is too, and we'll see who is the winner. There is a catch (and there is always a catch) back pay will only go back to March09 and not July 07....with her application. If Binder wins, fine and dandy.

I figured, I would probably come out about the same, because Binder still gets to deduct their fee, so I would probably be getting close to the same amount of money, either way, and either way, I just-want-this-to-be over-with.

I have to go close my IRA and sign the money over to mom so that I will no longer have that asett: just in case neither one wins,  and then I will have to refile for SSI sans the IRA. (I would already have had SSI but for the IRA: I am now considering it a liability.)

I am falling apart fast and need the Medicaid. My feet hurt, my legs don't want to carry me around anymore, and my lungs don't want to take in air anymore. I never know how I am going to feel when I wake up. I need to get this battle over so I can explore and get on with my new life.

I need to find us a new house, but then, we have to sell this one. There is a fund for the disabled that pays for remodeling and repairs to the house, and we are currently waiting on the front door to be widened and the floor to be fixed. So, I should wait for that to get done....as it will need to be done anyways to sell this house.

So, I will just do what I can, and wait to hear from SSA: the anchor to my Ship of Life.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1015 on: November 03, 2009, 05:12:42 pm »
The-grass-is-up-to-my-knees.
hang in there, buddy. Winter is coming and that grass will quit growing for a while  ;)
Too bad, we don't live closer. You know me and my "yard work". Grass and Shrubs fear my blade!

I have to go close my IRA and sign the money over to mom so that I will no longer have that asett: just in case neither one wins,  and then I will have to refile for SSI sans the IRA. (I would already have had SSI but for the IRA: I am now considering it a liability.)
ah! someone forgot to tell you that you have to go totally destitute for the SocSec, didn't they?  :D I think it's funny/ironic sometimes reading those threads where people think it'll just be so easy to get onto disability. You have to grovel to the gov't for sometime first - and nearly starve to death in the process.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayer for SS to hurry up for you!

Now if Ohio will only just hurry up (it's been 3 months already!) and send me my "termination of services notice" so I can get onto the SC medicaid program before somethings gets me because of my low tcells. Gosh knows I'd hate to be sick and have to walk to OH (it's awful cold in the mnts right now) to get medical care.  ::)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #1016 on: November 05, 2009, 02:07:32 am »
Ron -- I feel your pain and only wish I could help you move the process along.  I was very lucky in that i got approved very quickly when I applied but by then I was down 79lbs and had a feeding tube (which I lifted my shirt to show them all) so the best advice I can give is when you see them in person is to try and scare the crap out off them ... it worked for me!!!  ;)

Can we work on changing the name ... Social Security --- the people who work there are lacking in all forms of social skills and they sure as hell don't make you feel very secure.   >:(

Rant Over!
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline bear60

« Reply #1017 on: November 05, 2009, 09:55:18 am »
Hi Ron
Its a sad day when one has to face the realities you are facing.  But I think you are doing quite well in keeping a sense of humor and maintaining your patience.  Even if its a bit frayed around the edges!
Did I miss something?  Why do you have to sell the house. Is this part of the Social Security Disability thing?
Hugs
Joel
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:05:50 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline denb45

« Reply #1018 on: November 05, 2009, 12:47:25 pm »
Hang in there Ronnie  ;) as you know, you have to be almost dead, and way below the poverty-line to get any kinda help, that is the way the system is designed, they only give you just enough to live on  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1019 on: November 06, 2009, 08:30:53 am »

dark carnival:

I'm groveling...I'm groveling already. I closed out the IRA at the credit union. I might have to close another IRA I have with the State, then I should really be on the road to poverty. If I get Disability, though, they only consider your work credits, not your assets. This is just in case I have to go to SSI. All my life, I've been told to save, save, save: so I did, did, did, and now i'm being punished for it. ....I need another Zoloft.

Hi Ron
Its a sad day when one has to face the realities you are facing.  But I think you are doing quite well in keeping a sense of humor and maintaining your patience.  Even if its a bit frayed around the edges!
Did I miss something?  Why do you have to sell the house. Is this part of the Social Security Disability thing?
Hugs
Joel

Hey Joel,
Because of the age of this house (65 years and currently standing ) and the weight of Katie's wheelchair, plus her weight, I have noticed a few soft spots under the carpet, and 'jokingly' told mom that we were heading to the basement. So, out of the blue, she says " well, you need to find another house, that will work, and gave me a price limit: but we have to sell this house to help pay for the new house. Social Security already told me they do not take into consideration your house, or car.

Andy, It seems like when I am at my worst, they are no where around. They only see me when I'm tolerating the world, and no matter how ugly I think I am, they think I look pretty good for someone going on 17 years Poz. Sometimes, I have Katie take a picture, but then I wind up deleting it: the camera don't like me no more.

MY advocate at the hospital, is on jury duty this week, as I have been getting more confusing letter. I have one that states it will help pay my medical bills for July, August, and September..I thought it was SSA, but then, I noticed the letterhead was the Texas Department of Human Resources Commission..or something... and so I called the number and listened to a whole list of reasons to push
1, then listened for another 3 minutes for a reason to push number 2, then another 3 minutes for a reason to push number 4...

..by then, I had no idea what had been said, or what was being said, so I pushed a number, which took me back to number 1, giving me reasons to push number 2, giving me reasons to push number 3...and so it went...I never got to speak to anybody, and pushing '0' took you to number 1 giving you reasons to push number 2....

So, my advocate called me after being released from jury duty for the day, and checking her messages, and she states that she has the forms, so I don't need to talk to them...o.o  She also thinks that I must be approved for something as the Texas Commission letter stated that medicaid would be helping pay the hospital bills...to her, that means that I am approved somewhere, and nobody knows it yet.

I couldn't deal with it anymore, so I went to physical therapy at JPS. I got there ar 8am. She did not show an appointment for me.?? So, I self-righteously stick my appt notice in her face, and she takes her finger,
and point to the bottom of the page,
and it says,
in black and white,
JPS Sports Therapy/Arlington.

I was in the wrong place, at the wrong time. This is my second episode of not seeing the whole page or something. The Texas Commission was upper left, this was bottom right...I just assumed it would be in Fort Worth. It was still before 8am, and she called them to let them know I was 'here' should I bother going 'there' as it is a 15-20 minute drive to Arlington.

There was no answer. apparently, no phone calls before the posted hours. So, I'm calling as I'm winding down the parking garage, and from level 4 to 1 and ..it rings. She says "come on'
so I drove to Arlington.....what else do I have to do? and I met a real nice DrM...he looked at my Xrays and was impressed by all the arthritis showing along my spine, and I was still erect, and still could smile.

"I just took a pain pill" I told him. He was thinking he could give steroid shots in my spine, until he saw that I was Protein S deficient and on coumadin and had a history of throwing blood clots. Apparently, this puts me in the category 'High Risk' and he looked me right in the eye with those baby browns and said  "I wouldn't want to be responsible for you bleeding into your spine and dying."

"What a sweetheart" 

Well, what else would I think?

So the other option was pain medication and exercise.

...so it was worth the drive..and I will be going there for therapy now.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1020 on: November 06, 2009, 08:40:33 am »
Hi Ron . Sorry you are still dealing with all this . Its a damn shame about your IRA . I sure hope they didn't charge high penalty's for withdrawing it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1021 on: November 06, 2009, 08:46:37 am »
Hi Jeff,

They're taking out 10% for Federal withholding.(what a strange word to type, it doesn't look right) ..I will actually get to file this year...I have income...and if my accountant works it out right, I should get it back.
*don't mess with my money: I worked to hard for too many years just to see it...o.0   ahem...*

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #1022 on: November 06, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »
Hi Ron
Thanks fior the clarification.  I suppose that a house built on a concrete slab might be the thing for you and your sister. Dont you think?

Joel

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1023 on: November 08, 2009, 02:15:52 pm »
Joel Bear,

Indeed a concrete slab does sound like the answer.

Flight 69 to anywhere is now boarding...

The phone rang Toll Free Call. We did not answer it. If it does not show a number, we automatically assume it is a telemarketer. (they have gotten very brazen and bold lately) The answering machine started to record a message, it was from the Wichita Correction Facility: our phone would not accept collect calls, to accept collect calls, set up an account ...0.o   *ignore*

called again, and again and again...finally Katie answesr it because she really does not have the ability to not answer a ringing phone: even with it talking and saying that it is not from anyone we know: she figures it might be.

It was Daniel, he had been arrested. he was driving from Oklahoma to Fort Worth and had rented a motel room for him and Lindsey and she was at the motel waiting on him, and he was going through Wichita, Tx (only he and the officer know how fast) with all his worldly possessions packed in the back as he had to report to a new work site on Monday in Denver City, Tx.

Daniel has several endearing traits: one is sunflower seeds,( in the shell), leaves the shells all over so you have something to remember him by...he had a bag on the floor board and while the officer was looking at his license, he reached down to get some and this small town Barney Fife officer went ballistic, pulling out his gun and calling for back up.

Suddenly, Daniel was in ho-dunk, surrounded by their private militia, all armed and all with him in their sights. Yes, it was going to be a good time tonight: they must have been bored and Daniel was the entertainment.

The Boys: Robert, Daniel and Dewayne had pulled a brotherly love trip to the last gun show and he had proudly purchased a night stick. It was a small baton, like the police use, but you could snap it out to a longer weapon. I immediately curled my lip and showed my disapproval of the thing: but boys will be boys.

Since he had all his possessions on him, it was under the seat: which when 'Barne' pulled it out, became known as a 'concealed weapon' that he must have been going to use on them. 0.0

Daniel did his best to explain,which is not an easy thing as he has a temper that ignites at the slightest provocation: he's working on it, and he's getting better: but he still wound up in jail: and wanted  o-u-t.

They did not tow his truck, so Lindsey drove the hour to Wichita, found his truck on the side of the road (actually on the highest tier of a four tier mix master bridge: very windy, very scary. We had given her the extra key, and she called upon her arrival. only to let us know that she did not know how to drive a stick shift. (now she tells us?)  

...he is posting bond this morning...2400.00 and yes that's US currency! I could not believe it. After being released, he is going to walk to wherever his truck his. He insisted. He stated that he really needed to walk off his anger and frustration: here he had been doing everything right and had it inspected, and had a license and insurance and still, he went to jail.

I had tried to warn him about the woes of a lead foot having had one myself.(especially with a night stick under the seat)  But, as is the case, sadly with youth, they are going to learn it the hard way. Yes, he could have listened to me and followed my advice and listened to my horror stories, but then, if he had, he would never have met Barney Fife in Wichita.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:20:05 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #1024 on: November 08, 2009, 02:48:16 pm »
Well.............Ronnie, it would have been a lot worse, if he had a hand-gun under the seat, he might not be alive to bail out of anything  ??? (boys will be boys right) he can also kiss that baton goodbye, as it is a weapon, and when he go's to court (and he better show up) he's got a lot of explaining to the Judge
as to why he even had that weapon in the 1st place  :-\ (you need a license or a training Certificate) to even have a baton in your possession, but, I assume he didn't know this (boys will be boys right) let's hope the Judge thinks the same way  ;)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2009, 03:11:27 pm »
Daniel is dating Lindsey. Lindsey's 'ex' is a con who is serving time at the moment, but when he got out, once, he found Daniel and beat the living out of him:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1100/193979817875726362.jpg

They had to pull his face off and reconstruct the bones around his eyes and nose and his forehead and eye are now made of titaniuum.

This is why Daniel carries the baton, which he showed the scar, it goes from ear to ear across the top of his head, but they said "you're still going to jail'

It is also why I let him get away with things I wouldn't ordinarily tolerate from others.

I've never carried weapons( except for my beauty) and so I don't know much, but I thought when you bought something at a gun show, they did license it then?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:13:11 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2009, 04:16:56 pm »
Well I sure hope he's back in Jail where he belongs, Assault like that would mean he'll be there for quite sometime, if he was even arrested, caught, and convicted of that crime of assault, I sure hope he was  ???

With Firearms (it's suppose to be a 15 day waiting period for them in most states) before you can even possess them, unless your a Law Officer, and in the case of a Baton, you need to be one, or have completed the hours of training with a certification to carrie said item, I'm not sure about the State of TX , it varies for State to State, most gun shows are suppose to abide by the laws of that State it's being held in, but not all of them do the right thing........I'm not shocked that it was even sold to him in the 1st place  :-\

This is why Daniel carries the baton, which he showed the scar, it goes from ear to ear across the top of his head, but they said "you're still going to jail'

Next time tell Daniel to go out and buy a Baseball-bat, those aren't illegal to possess, and can be bought at just about any sporting goods store, even a mini baseball bat would work, I here they make great legal weapons  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:20:42 pm by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1027 on: November 10, 2009, 02:49:31 am »
Yes, Dennis,
His name is Taos or something and he is back in jail: but not for what he did to Daniel: believe it or not, he has done worse.

I saw the report of Daniel's arrest. He hadn't been speeding. He had used his turn signal to change lanes, and they decided that it took him too long to turn the signal indicator off after changing lanes... 0.0

Daniel and Lindsey drove to Wichita this morning to get his money they had confiscated and wouldn't give back upon release, claiming it was a holiday. ?He must have got it as we haven't heard from him all day. They must have got another hotel room and are making up for lost time.  :D

I saw the dietitian this morning. I tried, really tried not to have any attitude, but there must be some dietitians oath that they must always give the 4 major group foods...blablalbah...

Finally she got through the spiel for perfectly normal people, who have perfectly normal metabolisms, but just have bad habits, and got down to 'special needs': me.

stop congratulating me: I haven't put my other foot on the scale yet..

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/taylor-77523.aspx

Glass Platform... o.o  will hold up to 400lbs. "oh, Katie...come here for a minute"  ::)

so, today starts my journey to lose 74lbs. I have to buy new scales as ours doesn't work anymore: even with a new battery. The good news is, I don't have to beat myself up, wondering what to eat. She was impressed that I was eating good foods.

It seems, to her, that my problem is that I am not eating at the right time. She wants me to eat every 5 hours. Her plan: Carbohydrate Counting. x.x    I bit my tongue. I was here to learn, and listen. I was here because some of my best thinking had got me here. I do not want diabetes.

So, I smiled and nodded, and nodded...understood some of what she said, after talking to mom, understand some more, and I think I have it down to a nutshell...

...eat like you were: portion (which I already did) and eat every 5 hours (comes to three meals and a snack a day) I have three boxes:  carbohydrates, proteins, and fat with choices in each box and I am sitting here at the end of my first day and I keep looking down the hall to the kitchen: I am friggin' hungry.

Could be, I am burning calories more efficiently, could be it's the first day, could be I don't like being told what I can and can't do, but I keep looking down the hall to the kitchen and I am just about ready for that snack. p

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:51:48 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #1028 on: November 10, 2009, 11:56:09 am »
Hi Ron
Sounds like you are on top of that diet thing.  Whats a "snack" consist of?
I like apples and peanuts for snacks but I'm afraid that Kurt spoils me and gives me banana bread etc.
Still,  I am losing some weight.

Joel

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1029 on: November 10, 2009, 01:00:01 pm »
I've always been too skinny to care about having a set of scales; but when I moved in here, I found out my mom has those exact kind!  ;D We hadn't been talking about my weight but my dogs. LOL  She had the nerve to claim my spaniels were HUGE >:( Well, I guess to her they are. She's got chihuahuas and mini-poodles ::). So by climbing onto the scales with a dog in my arms, I learned that I am still 130 lbs and that two spaniels weight 30.1 and one weights 29.8.  :D I had guessed that they were only 20lb so I was only off by about half a dog each. ROFL

Good luck on your new "eating regimen" and try to stick to "good-for-you snacks", which aren't always the just "good snacks" LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline bear60

« Reply #1030 on: November 10, 2009, 01:45:50 pm »
Our cat weighs 20 pounds.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1031 on: November 10, 2009, 01:55:51 pm »
Our cat weighs 20 pounds.
:o that's a big kitty  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline denb45

« Reply #1032 on: November 10, 2009, 02:38:08 pm »
:o that's a big kitty  :D

Our Cats are big too 1 Weighs 22lbs and the other one weighs in at 16lbs, the 22 ponder is on a diet, of about 3/4-cup of dry cat food a day,he's very mad at me right now, but, when he loses weight, he'll feel better and he'll thank me for it, so no-more endless dry cat food for him anymore, my other Cat the 16lb 'er only eats one cat of cat food a day

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1033 on: November 10, 2009, 02:42:31 pm »
Joel Bear,
A snack is 1carbohydrate (15grams) + 1oz protein.

and going to my charts:
carbohydrates:

Ritz crackers
graham crackers
vanilla wafers
popcorn
pretzels a handful of chips (thank goodness I have big hands)
1 cookie

1/2 cup of:
pudding
ice cream
yogurt

Protein:

1/4 cup tuna or slamon
1 slice cheese
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1-2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 egg
1oz chicken, turkey, beef pork or fish

a 20 lb cat? My Irish Setter was 65 lbs......is it a mountain lion? :D

Mikie,
I always tended to look at my baby girl through with filters on, but some times the filters were pulled off by remarks like "is she pregnant?" and I would put her on a no-human food diet immediately. Katie was the culprit as she would always give her a 'bite' of whatever she was eating.  :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1034 on: November 10, 2009, 02:43:27 pm »
Dennis,
I can see your cat mad at you and demanding his supper  :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

« Reply #1035 on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:24 pm »
Dennis,
I can see your cat mad at you and demanding his supper  :D

Yes The 22lb'er screams his head off at me each morning, as he's now outta dry cat food, he better learn to ration his food , so that it will last thur the night until, I get up and feed him, he'll learn soon enough  :-\
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:00:33 pm by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #1036 on: November 10, 2009, 03:47:30 pm »
Oh yea, our cat is a big one. He really is not FAT just BIG.  Bigger than most little dogs...like pomeranian(sp?).
He likes dogs and approaches dogs head on and touches noses....even if never seen the dog before.  He likes quiet dogs tho...if its yappy and busy...he runs.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1037 on: November 10, 2009, 05:17:39 pm »
It's weird in a way, all of my pets have been like me - on the skinny side. Bowls of food sit out all day and trust me, they snack all day (crunch, crunch, crunch). Yet the vet asked if they got enough. ::) You can't see their ribs, they do all have nice slim trim "waists". Even my cat (that passed away a few yrs ago at 19) was slim like this too. Come to think of it my boyfriends were too.  ::)

And it's not like we don't eat. Plug your ears, Ron, or shut your eyes, whatever so you don't read this next part.  ;D We actually pig out all the time. there's the bites of whatever I was eating at dinner for my guyz every night too. The boyz have been on some antibiotics to clear up some ear infections (stupid, droopy cocker spaniel ears), and they get their pills in their most favorite treat - powdered donuts. Between the 3 boyz and me, we eat up a bag in 2 or 3 days. Plus they like my candy too. Skittles and Mikie-n-Ikies :D are our favorites. well, my favs. I don't think the boyz care at all, as long as it looks like people food. ROFLMAO

The boyz finally saw Mr. Kitty really good the other day as he was "strutting" along their fence. I tried to entice him into the yard to see them (that means I picked him up and tried carrying him in through the gate) but he didn't seem to want to really meet the dogz that much. At least that's what I take all these claw marks on my arm to mean. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1038 on: November 17, 2009, 06:31:16 am »
Darcell had a good eye, she could snatch a skittles out of the air, every time.  :D

Dionisio...

45 minutes upper body (hand weights)
30 minutes floor (crunches, stretches, push ups)    
carbohydrate counting
portion control
salt intake
cooking

http://www.everydayhealth.com/health-report/world-diabetes-day-resource-guide/healthy-meals-for-people-with-type-2-diabetes.aspx

I started out on Friday at 274lbs. Yesterday I was at 271,  (don't congratulate me, yet, I have to put the other foot on the scale) but it bounced back up to 272....

I'm still working on the carbohydrate counting....

I have everything else in working order...

eating every four hours is hard...it interrupts appointments and such...supposed to carry a snack (where? in my pocket?) in case of interruptions..

Contractors came to the house on Sunday...Took measurements and specs for a new widened front door, and to fix the floor. and the ceiling in the dining room where the last contractors had mis-stepped in the attic and nearly came through the ceiling..

He was very friendly and good-natured, claiming his zest for enjoying life to be that he was supposed to be dead, having been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer last year. He really enjoyed our company and he and Katie really hit it off very well.

He is married and had his 19 year old son with him, who used to be a model for swimwear. :p

I am now wondering when it will be approved to start as it's getting cold now...I hate remodeling: and, after it's over, I love remodeling.

Myra's son, J and I were watching Spongebob Squarepants and during the commercials he was...oohhh, I want that, and, then, I want that, and I want that....then the cars from the movie 'Cars' was advertising and he did not want that..I remarked that he must have run out of wants, and he simply said "it was my birthday and I already got that".. 0.0

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1039 on: November 17, 2009, 09:12:48 am »
hey! You're looking great already - by that photo!  ;D  :D
When you have that 19 yr old modeling swimwear for you make sure to actually take some pictures to share with the rest of the class. ;) LOL

good luck with the remodeling
(which is always better when completed than in the middle of the mess)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1040 on: November 20, 2009, 02:05:39 pm »
fisher of men...

I have been in some other realm. I don't know where. I saw DrR for a followup on my endoscopy/colonoscopy. He stated that all the biopsies came back benign. He still wants to do some procedure involving my small intestines. o.0

I thought he had already gone the extra mile, but ...no...he had just checked the throat and the large intestine. I got real nervous explaining that after the previous procedure I had spent almost two weeks in the hospital with pneumonia.

I think (because I sort of shut down in terror) that he said I would drink a concoction, and then they would take a scan...that it would not be invasive. at least, that is what I wanted to hear. I will know more when the paperwork comes with the appointment date.

He wants me to start taking fiber supplement, and rattled off a bunch of names of products I probably had heard of on TV, but have never had the pleasure of bringing into my home, much less introducing them into my body.

I was being stubborn. I did not want to take fiber. I am having a hard time in the bathroom as it is....my head wants to explode ...all for a little bitty bit to show for for all my anguish. So, I am now chewing a Benefiber tablet before every meal. Nothing has changed in my toileting routine as of today.

Mom takes Metamucil every day...states it may take awhile to take effect. I might want to change to Metamucil... I don't know.... I've never dealt with fiber before.

I am at a plateau on losing weight. .... come on scales...be a pal...

Yesterday, I took the Pulmonary Function Test....
y'all..I paid twenty dollars to blow in a  mouthpiece. >:(
The results will be in next week.

This morning , my INR was in therapeutic range...at last. But, my fingers started to swell up, I had to remove my ring it got so tight. Then after a couple of hours, I stopped swelling.... weird

edited: because I forgot:
well, I forgot again...
still forgotten, I wonder what it was?

just remembered:
I got real excited with the mail: a big envelope from SSA......those bugger...it is more paperwork, and forms, that I have already filled out at least three times... >:(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:11:03 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1041 on: November 20, 2009, 04:34:04 pm »
i like that pix. where'd you find it? I need to find a good copy to make it my desktop wallpaper ;)

i stopped into my clinic the other day, and I'm going to get a scope shoved down my throat soon. I just know I have this swallowing issue because of how some thrush damaaged my esophagus a long time ago. and I spoke too soon about my "thinness". It seems I've put on a few lbs since moving to SC and now I'm up to  :o 142 lbs :D I finally got a paper from SC after I finally got a paper from OH - requesting my bank statements and another form to fill out, so still no medical card yet.  ::)

fiber's supposed to be good for you. I just saw on the TV last night, that they're putting fiber into Splenda now.  ::) I think that means you could bake a cake or cookies with Spenda and get extra fiber. ROFL

$20 to blow, huh? you're an awfully cheap date  ROFLMAO  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #1042 on: November 21, 2009, 12:26:14 am »
Good news about the biopsies. 

Personally, I'd rather have them knock me out and stick those tubes down my throat than be away and forced to drink some NASTY stuff.   Then again I wasn't hospitalized after an endoscopy ... well, I was once but that was because of the reaction to the stent so thats different.  ;)

Mssr Leatherman:  If you have an questions or concerns about your endoscopy or dysphagia let me know as I'm the resident expert on those having had 40 or so between Sept 07 - Apr 09 (and about 10 more between 2005 -2007).
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline bear60

« Reply #1043 on: November 21, 2009, 10:16:22 am »
I didnt pass the pulmonary function test.  But I feel fine and am not out of breath going upstairs....so go figure.  Take all this with a bit of perspective, my dear.  Thats all we LTSers can do.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1044 on: November 24, 2009, 03:47:52 am »
Mikie,
I am a cheap date. I'd rather have a pizza than go out to a restaurant.  :D

Andy,
How's your partner's chest healing? I am now looking at a scar, and am putting neosporin on it under a band aid trying to make it as small as possible. I've bought a leather wrist band, and it covers it perfectly. I feel like a warrior when wearing it... :D

Joel,
What do they say when you flunk the pulmonary test? Is there a diagnosis and the treatment plan? or do you just go on your merry way? I won't know the result until next week.

This is Thanksgiving week: I have absolutely no appointments this week! Talk about going from feast to famine.
I'm ready for a party: it has been such a long time...

hall of mirrors:

Another contractor came by today to put in his bid on the remodel. I don't know: he was talking about tearing up and replacing the whole kitchen floor...0.0

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

« Reply #1045 on: November 24, 2009, 04:06:59 pm »
Ron
Yea, well, it depends how badly you flunk the pulmonary test.  I flunked it by just a little and since I was still smoking.....this was 3 years ago.....my doctor said: " If you dont stop smoking you will be a 75 year old HIV survivor carrying an oxygen tank on your back wherever you go." 
Bottom line: I had to stop smoking.
I suppose the treatment recommendation would depend on the diagnosis.  Luckily,  mine was simple enough...quit smoking.
Good luck with your test Ron. 

Joel

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1046 on: November 24, 2009, 04:16:50 pm »
" If you dont stop smoking you will be a 75 year old HIV survivor carrying an oxygen tank on your back wherever you go."
I remember fighting with my ID doc for years cause I could only dream about reaching 40, much less 75 with O2. ::) Now here I am coming up on 48 (in 4 months) and just over 300 days not smoking, cause I just might make it to 65 and I don't want to be carrying around a tank.  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1047 on: November 24, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »
I'm so addicted to cigarettes but I'm an optimist at heart ... how heavy can a little old oxygen tank weigh anyway ??? 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline rondrond

« Reply #1048 on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:52 am »
They're heavy enough to need a little two wheeler to get around.

I think there is now one like a backpack...(Late night TV)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1049 on: November 25, 2009, 09:49:19 am »
I am going to quit one day ... really I am .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.