Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:21:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 234
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: This can't be hiv...can it?  (Read 52720 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: This can't be hiv...can it?
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2008, 04:44:05 pm »
Just,

Your kissing incident wasn't a risk. You've been told that already, repeatedly.

However, you ARE risking infection having unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend, unless you've BOTH tested hiv negative TOGETHER. You BOTH need to test three month after your last incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

If you keep going on about your no-risk kissing incident or your symptoms, you will be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2008, 10:26:22 am »
I just read on the body.com where Dr Bob told a person who engaged in anal sex with another man to get tested at the 3 month mark and if negative to get tested again at the 6 month mark. He said that if the 6 month was negative that the guy dodged the HIV bullet...why would he need a 6 month test when everyone here says 3 months in 100% definitive and final? I'm so confused...is it 3 months, 6 months, 1 year?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2008, 10:44:13 am »
If you haven't noticed we really don't care what Dr. Bob says or thinks. What we do go by is the CDC's testing guidelines which states a conclusive test is 3 months post exposure. If you'll take the time to read the informational sheets that come with the test it also states 3 months.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2008, 10:47:55 am »
No you don't need further testing.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2008, 03:28:23 pm »
Just,

And how many years ago was that little gem written? No, don't bother answering. You didn't have a risk. You do not need further testing. You ARE hiv negative.

Come back one more time and I'll give you that time out you seem to be begging for.

You do NOT have hiv!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »
Hey Ann, others,

I actually saw that posting on the body.com yesterday. I guess why it worried me is because Dr Bob has HIV and I just thought he was considered a major expert in HIV and the fact that he recommended the guy get tested at 6 months because of symptoms even after testing negative at 3 months. It just confuses me. Why when someone has a low risk they are considered definitively negative at 3 months but if they have a high risk they need to retest at 6 months or even later? Well, just to let you all know...I tested again today for piece of mind...It's 13 months since my "making out" incident and I tested negative. What concerns me of course...this can never go smoothly for me...is the clinician was talking to me the whole time about odds, safe sex, etc...great man...and said lets take a look at your results - well they weren't there yet. He said sometimes they take a little longer. Does this mean they found something that didn't look right and had to make sure it indeed was not HIV? How often are lab errors made where they mix up samples and what not? Finally, and I know you're all gonna be so upset with me but with people like me who can't let this go it's so hard...it really is...am I indeed HIV negative???

Thanks again...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2008, 10:46:06 pm »
Guess you just don't listen.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2008, 03:32:36 am »
Just,

Whether Dr Bob is right or wrong is irrelevant as far as YOU are concerned. YOU did not have anal sex, you kissed someone and kissing - French, Spanish, Green, Purple - WHATEVER kind of kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Never has been, never will be. YOU WERE NOT AT RISK!

YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE!

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline JustDontKnow

Re: I am really scared!!
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2010, 12:51:04 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm back...just have a few questions.

So, I put HIV out of my mind for 2 years or so...never thought about it again. Well, unfortunately, the tingling, numb feelings in my legs, burn feelings, etc came back...! I went to my doc, did a full blood workup - cbc was normal, HIV ICMA throug labcorp was neg, neg hep abc, neg syphillis, no diabetes, somewhat high trigylcerides...I went to a neurologist and did an EMG and MRI on my brain and neck...he thought maybe I had CIDP the chronic form of Guillain Barre...which is very common for those with HIV...he said my peripheral nerves looked fine and my MRI was normal...I'm just so worried because lately with these symptoms and I've been so tired, etc.

Do I need a PCR test? I was thinking about doing one of those online ones...
Is the Antibody ICMA test reliable?
Don't my symptoms suggest HIV? Acute and chronic?
I had a random virus or something in 06 and again in 07 that was identical to HIV ARS...but it wasn't mono, strep or the flu...wouldn't I need more testing to rule out HIV?
Could I have just had a "random" virus?

My last possible exposure was about 2 years ago...my last negative test was 2 months ago...

Please help guys...it seems like EVERYTHING points to HIV!!! My doc can't find anything wrong with me...what else could this possibly be? What if I have a rair strain or unkown strain of HIV??? I remember getting a call from a lab about a month or so after my 06 unprotected encounter but the call dropped...could that have been a lab calling to tell me that the girl I had unprotected sex with tested positive for HIV???

I'm still so worried...please help!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2010, 01:01:04 pm »
You maybe back, but only briefly.

HIV is not your problem. You need professional help with your emotional issues about HIV fears.

I don't know you were able to enter another comment but your permanent ban is reinstated. You just don't get it. HIV is not your problem and we're not going to indulge you in a serious conversation about  it as if you really had a risk. You didn't.
Andy Velez

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2010, 01:03:30 pm »
Why am I permanently banned? I don't get it...and how did I NOT have a real risk? I had unprotected sex...please help me...why would you just ban me and not help me?

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2010, 01:09:01 pm »
Andy,

I'm sorry...I posted in the wrong thread...that was NOT my thread...I am NOT soscared...that wasn't even my situation...I don't know how that happened but I'm not even gay...I don't know how I ended up posting in that thread...I had unprotected vaginal sex

please reinstate me

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2010, 01:10:00 pm »
This was my thread...NOT the other one...please respond to my questions...please

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2010, 06:14:23 pm »
I have reinstated your membership but you need to know that you are on extremely thin ice here.

You have reliably tested negative for HIV and have not as far as I can read see that you have ever been at risk for HIV since then. Whatever is going on with you symptomatically, there is no basis in HIV science to think HIV is your problem.

But I can tell you that if you come back again wringing your hands and carrying on with more unfounded HIV questions and worries, you are absolutely going to be Timed Out and possibly banned.

If you have a medical problem see your doctor about it. And if you can't stop worrying about HIV then see  a therapist or other professional to deal with the issue. HIV is not your problem and we're not going to allow you to become ours.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:21:25 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2010, 06:48:28 pm »
I'll recap everything for you...

Early 06 had unprotected one night stand...
2 weeks later had flu like illness with fever, etc for 4-5 days
early 07 made out with 3 girls in vegas, one of which was a stripper
3 weeks later - horrible virus that was mono/ars like for 5-7 days - wasn't mono or strep or flu
early 07-july 08 in relationship a lot of sex
mid august 07 - flu like illness with fever, tonsil exudates, etc for 4-5 days
early 08 - molluscum - don't have it anymore now - frozen off
last few months - tingling, burning and numb feet, legs, hands

no possible exposures for 2 years

last negative test Antibody ICMA through labcorp - last month and std clinic -- rapid test

so based on my symptoms, history, etc...does this sound like HIV/ARS - do I need PCR test?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2010, 06:51:38 pm »
I had already gone through the dozens and dozens of exchanges so no re-cap was necessary.

Are you listening or not? Doesn't seem so. No, a PCR test is not necessary nor is any other form of HIV testing. You are HIV negative.

I'm warning you -- you are very close to getting banned again for real and it won't be a mistake this time.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2010, 07:15:14 pm »
andy,

thank you.

Ann, what do you think?

It seems like you guys say I can move on...and forget about HIV.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2010, 07:16:36 pm »
andy,

thank you.

Ann, what do you think?

It seems like you guys say I can move on...and forget about HIV.

Andy is spot on. You don't have HIV and you need to move on.

So do that. Move on. Before you're banned.

MtD

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2010, 07:30:55 pm »
No I totally respect what Andy said...I just wanted to get Anns opinion as well...I really want to move on from this guys trust me...I really don't like being on here bothering you about this...If I didn't have all the symptoms from the get go I wouldn't be here bothering you...trust me.

sorry

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:18 pm »
I do have a few questions for learning purposes if someone could clarify...

Ann says PN from HIV doesn't typically begin for 10-15 years following infection...how do we really know this? I mean HIV has only been around for like 25 years...how do we possibly have enough data to prove that?

Also, if you read the thread about how people seroconverted in the just tested positive forum I noticed a few things

1. Everyone who had an illness had one basically that was identical to mine and
2. Most people who said they had a sero illness didn't test positive for up to 6 months and
3. Most people who said they had a sero illness said they got it from oral sex and not vaginal or anal sex which in my opinion proves that oral sex and making out can be risky...

if you go back and read what everyone said you will see...i'm not making this stuff up...this comes from members here who talk about their "risks", their illnesses and how long it took for them to test positive on an antibody test...

can someone comment on these please...

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2010, 08:25:25 pm »
Andy? anyone???

Offline JustDontKnow

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2010, 06:47:14 am »
can someone please comment on this...im freakin out!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2010, 08:07:30 am »
We're not here to be your tutorial.

Go get yourself some professional help for your HIV issues. Perhaps other sites will be more accepting of your behavior.

You are now permanently banned from this site.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.