Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:57:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Celebicy  (Read 5163 times)

Offline sorryass

Celebicy
« on: July 31, 2011, 03:08:06 pm »
O my lord!  May as well have said......Church, or.....Pope
Did I spell it right?  Hmmm  Close enough.

There is so much talk about sex and hiv+ men/women, thats a good thing, for those so inclined.

No one talks about us.  I'm sure I am not the only person who has chosen celibicy.  Since my partner passed on, I have not had the desire to share my body with anyone.  I'm not sure I could.  Honestly.

Celibicy is perhaps better tolerated by someone my age, 51.  Sure would' nt want to try it in my teens or twentys thirtys, fortys.  I think sex at this age is far over rated.  A good hobby, a good nites sleep has become much more important, and I like that.  A good TV programe or a novel. 

I have a wonderful pet.  Lady, she sleeps on a flat pillow, up next to me on my bed, every night.  The joys of growing old.  Her, and the gardening I am able to do, consume my life.  Pardon the pun, but, screw the sex, done with that.  Just get on with living whats left.  And enjoy it as much as possible.

Bertram
Once a gardener,...............er!

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
Re: Celebicy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 04:39:10 pm »
Bertram,

Certainly, if you feel celibacy is right for you, then you are making a good decision -- there's no requirement for you to have sex if you don't wish to.  Hopefully it is not just something you are tolerating, as you do say in your post below:

Celibicy is perhaps better tolerated by someone my age, 51.

I'm really not sure how many people choose to be celibate.  But, from the tone of your post, it almost sounds like you are suggesting more people should consider it.  If so, why?

Regards,

Henry

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline sorryass

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »
Lol Henry, no, I would never advocate Celebicy.  NEVER.  Celebicy is a highly personal choice.  It is something that you do not wake up one day, and choose.  In the first place, I think it suits a bachelor type of person.  Someone who enjoys haveing the bed all to themself.  When my partner was living, we more often than not slept in separate beds, my choice, not his. 

I am celibate, but I have a loveing, careing housemate.  I would not want to live alone.  Celibate does not mean anything more than 'Not haveing sex with anyone.'  If, the desire ever comes along, mastrubation is a quick fix. 

Still, the need for human touch is essential, to stay in tune with nature, with life.  My roommate is a wonderfull man.  He will wash my back, rub my feet, hold my hand for hours at a time.  It is extrodinary how wonderfull someone can be, just because they know you, and like you.  The favours are returned.  When sex is taken out of the equation, there is an easyness that prevails throughout every conversation, every movement.  Celibicy happens, it isn't nessasarily choosen. Hope that helps.
Bertram. :)

Once a gardener,...............er!

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:38:18 pm »
"Does abstinence make the heart grow fonder?"  

:)

I am not advocating one or the other but I can testify that a smile, cuddle, and a hug can sometimes be just the ticket.

:)
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline lipoenvy

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:31:44 pm »
For those who read German, Ralf König's comic "Aussteiger" ("Dropout") (and for those who don't, there's a translation in the comments):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYV_KVwVP24

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 10:36:34 pm »
It'd probably be ok for my partner to be so, as long as he doesn't expect ME to. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.