Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:40:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 154
Total: 157

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 55---Love is in the Air and positive things are in bloom...  (Read 54465 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Eh, I am not happy with the title but it'll have to do on a dime. Sorry, I have been away for a few days but I had to finish braiding my hair. I know you all prolly thought it was the men but no. I skimmed over the posts because there was so many, I couldn't keep up....

Mum---I hope Mini is feeling better, you too. A helicopter ride, OMG, I think I would've freaked out though I am cool riding a plane.

Netta---COngrats for real. That sounds so romantic and I am happy for you.

I had an eye appointment today but at a new place. Funny thing is, that it seems like my vision has gotten better in a years time instead of worse. Hey, I am not complaining. I am getting some colored contacts this time instead of clear. It was a cool office, it even had a Pac-Man machine in it. Me and my friend Jeff was playing til they called me in. I had the pleasure of getting my eyes dilated. But the treat of the visit was that I met a former Mayor, the first female mayor actually. And she actually held a conversation with me. I mean I knew who she was when I saw her but it just surprised how she struck up a conversation with me. Political, of course, not my strongsuit but we agreed on Obama and the rest was polite nods of agreement. :D It was cool though...

Oh, but there is some irony about the car. The day it was suppose to get fixed, the guy who was on his way to my house to fix it got into a car accident. Concussion and a broke foot, though I did go get the money and order the part from Auto Zone.

Have a good night .....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

Well I wanted to comment on a lot but since I didn't do it in time before the new thread started, I have to do it from memory, so I will do my best.

Betty- How exciting to be so close to graduation! I remember when I got my Bachelors I didn't get all that stuff. I do remember it being HOT!! Nicolas Cage spoke at my graduation and all I remember is he had such a potty mouth! LOL! How is the working out?

Cristy- That is interesting about the retention policy. Here in California a child cannot be held back in Kindergarten unless the parent wants it. Kindergarten is not a state mandated grade even though I've never hear of anyone not going to Kinder. Usually it is recommended based on ability, maturity, and size. All the other grade levels a student can be retained due to attendance. What state are you in?

Mum- I am sorry that you are dealing with all that. Does Mini feel any better or is she still having the vertigo?

I can't remember the others....sorry...nothing personal  :)

Today I got a new student and now have 31. I was told by the principal that the boy has some serious behavior issues, great. He isn't even supposed to go to our school. Oh well...he tried to act up and he certainly got the other kids going. It's interesting how someone new can rile them all up. Nothing else happening. The rain stopped and the sun is out again...YAY!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Camms, I'm sorry about your friend's mom.   When I was in the coma and flatlined, it took my parents a few minutes to decide to have the doctor use the paddles-my wish was to not be revived.  Of course, there's a big difference in my and your friend's mom's age.  I hope she goes peacefully.

Christy, I'm glad Robert is doing better.  It sounds like you working with him is really paying off.

Netta, the reason you getting married surprised me was not because of your being HIV+.  It was because I didn't know you two were that serious.  The only thing that matters is that you're happy.

Snow, when I went to school, the rings were not a couple hundred, they were cheaper.  The reason I got one was because my first ex wanted to wear it around his neck (isn't that strange, he was 22 at the time).

Mum, I think some people become career students so they don't have to repay their student loans.  And they can keep getting more.  But, maybe some people like learning different things so much they want to keep doing it.  I really don't want to participate in the graduation, but my best friend and siblings tell me I have to.  If it were just up to me, I would have them send me my diploma.  The main campus is an hour and 40 minutes away, and there's two other off-campuses besides mine participating.  I think they said in all, it's going to be about 350 students.  I'm not looking forward to it.
Did you get your ice cream?

Queen, I'm glad your eyes have improved.  I love pac-man.  Where I go do laundry they have a pac-man game there and if I have any extra quarters I play it sometimes.  That's cool that you met that female mayor.  And I'm sorry about the mechanic's car accident.  At least you have the parts, so when he's ready, you're ready.  Do you know how long it will take to fix?

Andrea, Nicholas Cage?!  Wow.  I chuckled when I read the part about your new student getting the others worked up.  One is all it takes.

Well, I did the weight machines yesterday and I'm pretty sore today.  I do not have an ongoing trainer, in case anyone was thinking that.  That costs money.  But, when someone firsts becomes a member at the Y, they can have a trainer show them which weight machines to use, and how to use them.  Then it ends with the trainer, unless the new member wants to pay more money.  Anyway, the trainer had me set up with too much weight.  There's this one weight machine where I lift the weight over my head, and he had me doing 30 lbs, at 12 reps x 3 times.  That's a bit much for me.  So, I adjusted the weight and went from there.  The only weight machines I can't do are the ones involving the legs because of my knees.  If I tried to do one of those, my legs would probably snap in half. :)

Last night in class, we were talking about poverty, especially in famlies.  There's a lady in my class whose husband is a lawyer, and she's a secretary in a law office (I'm sure her husband got her that job).  I really don't think she knows anything about struggling, or having to rebudget 100 times because something comes up etc.  So, I went on a rant about Bush, and how I don't believe the line "anyone can do anything if they just work hard enough," because of how bad poverty can be in a lot of families and a lot of times the kids get neglected etc.  I think I got a little harsh, because she kept looking at me with a horrified look, like I was going to go over to her and personally chastize her or something.  I do like the woman, she's pleasant enough.  I guess I need to watch when I get on a roll the tone of my voice. 

Anyway, tonight's the god-awful biology class.  I'm going 1/2 hour early because the professor is supposed to be going over some things he'll want on the final.  One of my friends told me last night he's going to be teaching the upcoming "Anatomy & Physiology" class.  Horrors.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Good Morning Ladies.                                                                                  Queen, I like the title. Glad your eyes have improved. I go every 2 years and they always dialate my eyes. I understand why they do it but I hate it. What color are your new contacts?That is ironic about the car. Hopefully your mechanic will heal quickly and be able to fix your car. I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse.                                              Andrea, we are in North Carolina. I think that kindergarten is not mandatory in this state but I know if he misses 20 days, that he can be failed. I have the appointment Monday and I feel like they will work with us because I have really been working with him and he can do what is required.   Wow, you have 31 students. Please tell me you at least have an aide to help you with all those children. You must have the patience of a saint cause I find 1  child difficult sometimes let alone 31.                                                                     Betty, you rant on, honey. Maybe that lady is just the nervous or sensitive type. Glad the exercising is going well for you. Good luck in Biology class. You will do well, I know it.                                           Minismum, I will check out the thread in living with but I must say, I am so sorry that Mini is having more problems. I looked up CNS lesions and that is very alarming. I will keep her in my prayers and you and your family as well.                                                                Snow, Robert is 5 , he will be 6 in April. It amazes me as well, all the stuff he is required to know by the end of the year. He is doing well and I work with him so he WILL pass at the end of the year. ;D if I say it enough, it will happen. Nothing wrong with your sweet babies being lefties. 200 years ago, they would have been forced to write with their right hands. Glad we have advanced beyond that. Take care and try to stay warm.                                            Camms, I am so sorry about your friends mother. It is so good of you to go with her and take her to the funeral. Hope the therapy session goes well.                                                                                      Lucas' Mom, I hope that the surgery will correct his vision. I will add him and your husbands mother to my prayers.                                            Anyone I missed. I hope you have a great day. Nothing planned here except housework, housework and more housework. Tomorrow I go to Greensboro to get my blood drawn for my ID appointment in March.        TTYL.    Cristy

Offline camille07

Good Morning-

Christy-  Glad that Robert is doing well.  How far is your ID doctor from your town?  I should ask, how long does it take you to get there?

Mum-  I'm still thinking of you and your family.  Mini sounds like a tough cookie ....I'm still praying for her.

Netta-  I was surprised because we only know what you post. I'm really happy for you.  How did you guys meet?  

Queen-  Nice new thread.  I wish you had a video of you talking to the mayor...cutting back to you nodding each time she spoke political spiel.  And wow, talk about irony, hope the mechanic was ok despite the mentioned injuries.

Bt-  It's good that you have a trainer to show you the ropes and not going in clueless.  I didn't go to my graduation and felt very strong about it.  I felt the film festival and awards show was more important.
I'm sure you've been asked this many times but did you remember feeling anything while you were in the coma, or having impressions from sounds or touch.  

Viv-  Sorry to hear you got a bad apple.  Hopefully he doesn't spoil the rest of the bunch..Funny story about Nicolas Cage.  I find it really strange whenever they have an actor speak a graduation?

Quiet day here....just studying.  Waiting on my friend's mom.  She's expected to go any day so I've got to drive her to the wake two hours away.  Saw my couch lady yesterday and brought me to a good place mentally.  I was loosing my patience and getting frustrated too easily.  It was driving me crazy since that's not typical for me.  

Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs to you other ladies snow, tend, and #1 mom.

Camms
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:03:34 am by camille07 »

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Queen, I just got contacts and I haven't worn them much.  I'm still using the sample pair from the eye doctor.  I have to have "special" contacts because of my allergies.  They ended up being over $50 / box.  Needless to say, I only bought 1 box.  Then, the only frames I could find that I liked were $99.  I usually pay $210 for just my glasses.  I was having a stroke when I found out how much the contacts cost ($228/yr + $210 for the glasses).  The glasses lady told me that with my prescription, I can get my glasses over the counter.  Sure enough, I walked to the pharmacy and found the same frames in my prescription for....drum roll, please....$7.85!!!!  So, I have 1 box of contancts and my glasses for about $60!  I am a very happy camper.

Christy, you should be able to look up your state's standards for each grade level.  That will tell you everything students are expected to know at each grade.  That way, you can help Robert during the summer for things he'll need to know in 1st grade.  He seems to be a very bright boy (with a great mom). 

Camm, Mini is one super tough chick and she doesn't even know it.  To her all of this is "normal".  She asked this morning if the MRI will show her "goofyness" that's stuck in her brain.  No matter what happens, she'll be fine, I'll be fine, the family'll be fine.  She's got an amazing support group, including everyone here, and we've  circled the wagons.  I covet your prayers - keep them coming.

Betty, we all have our passions and you should never feel the need to apologize for your's.  There comes a time when people need to be dragged out of their comfort zones so they can see what's going on below their high-horses.  Good luck with your class - it's almost OVER!

Today is stay at home day (finally).  The weather is supposed to get nasty and cold (into the 20's) with about 2 inches of snow.  Tomorrow we have a co-op meeting at 9:30, then we'll do the grocery shopping.  I want to get everything done in the house today and tomorrow afternoon so Saturday I can sit around in my p.j's guilt-free.

Monday I'll take Mini to her MRI by myself.  Hubby's going to stay home with the other kids so he can take them to dance class.  Thier concert is May 8th and he didn't want them to miss a practice.  If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to meet him at the studio.  He'll take the kids, including Mini, home and I'll stay for my dance class.  It's a great stress reliever and I love being around the ladies. 

Everyone have a great day.  Tomorrow is Friday - let the parties begin!
Much love to you all,
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
Hey Ladies, just dropping in to let you know I am still here. I am down right now with a sinus infection, swollen and red throat and a ear infection. I have been checking in but not really like posting.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm going back to bed.

~1~ Latrice

Offline #1 mom

Hi all,
Lucas had PT today. Sue brought the new braces for Lucas, but they don't fit. His lower legs just aren't long enough ;D. Also when we tried them on to see if the design was good, they made his problems worse. He decided that if he was going to have a brace up the front of his shin he was going to lean into them ::). Oh well. I'm not sure when Mike (the orthotist) will be able to come out to see Lucas, but when he does casts will be made of Lucas' legs so that custom braces can be made. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. Lucas is about due for new shoes, but I don't want to buy any when the braces are going to require a different size.

Christy - Best wishes with Robert. What problems does he have that have kept him out of school? Thank you for your prayers. That means a lot.

Mum - Are they going to have to do conscious sedation on Mini for her MRI? I'll add her to our churches prayer chain.

Vivyt - Nicolas Cage? When I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras he was King for Endymion I believe. They had given him a key to the city and he threw it away during the parade ::). Mr. Rogers gave my commencement speech ;D.

To all the other lovely ladies out there, God Bless!

Lucas' Mom

Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Not much going on with me really. The weather is getting bad here too, we are under a storm watch until tomorrow around 4 pm. I have already started shoveling, trying to keep up with it all. We are already at a windchill of 4, well that was earlier, prolly minus now....

Yeah, I am also glad the mechanic was alright but I still couldn't help but say damn because it always seems like it is something when it comes to that car lately. The parts won't be in til tomorrow but at least I'll have them.

All I have to pay for my contacts is 65, my insurance covers the rest but it is only a 6 month supply but trust me, I can make those stretch. Before these new ones they gave me, I had the others for a year. I was suppose to go back to the other place to order more, now I am glad that I didn't.

That's about it for me....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Hello Ladies. Just a quick post.                                                      Minismum, thank you so much for the compliment.Excellent suggestion about the grade requirements and I will make sure to look those up. I feel like he does better with more one on one so I will continue to work with him .                                                                                   #1 mom, basically Robert tends to catch any little bug that goes around school and I keep him home if he is sick. Thankfully he is HIV negative  and has no other health issues. Thank you for asking. Hope they get Lucas' braces correct soon.                                                  Camms, my ID doc is located in Greensboro, about 45 minutes each way. Sometimes a pain to drive that far but worth it to me since my doctor is great.                                                                                      Keeping I am so sorry that you are so sick. I hope you get better soon.                                                                                                         Goodnight ladies.  Cristy

Offline minismom

Mom: Yes, Mim will have to be sedated for the MRI - there's no way she could stay still for that long.  I had an MRI when I was 18 and it really freaked me out.  They had to pull me out, I was in hysterics.  She really doesn't mind it.  I go in with her and they use gas to put her to sleep.  Then, they put in the IV.  It makes it much nicer than when they used to walk in and start sticking her.  They call us back before she wakes up so we're there when she does.  It doesn't take her long.  She has to be awake and drink before they take the IV out.  She even has it "easy" there because there's no hair on her arms.  Her last MRI in 1/08, she walked out on her own.

When Mim had her braces, they were always custom made.  She did fine with the casting until they had to cut it off.  They put this tube against her leg, under the casting, so when they cut off the cast, they just cut the tube.  It gave them a guide and protected her leg.  The sound of the saw freaked her out, though.  She had her 1st braces before she was a year old.

Queen, hun, doesn't always seem to pour when it rains?  I got a 3mth supply of contacts, but they'll last me at least a year.  I don't wear them everyday, and they're good for 30 wears. 

Cristy, hun, I just call it as I see it :).  I don't blame you for keeping Robert home when he's sick.  If more people did that there would be less "junk" being passed around.  Plus, you have to be careful with him bringing home cooties to you. 

On the homefront, Mim is ready for her MRI.  She keeps asking how much longer because her head is still hurting.  We see her PID 2wks from tomorrow and that's REALLY where we need prayers.  My big fear is that in all of our research, the stuff Mim seems to have is common in pozzies with low CD4 counts.  I'm afraid that this is an indication that, after nearly 7yrs of u/d, we're going to find a load and dropping T's.  I put full blame on her PID if that happens.  She's the one, after all, who has refused to change Mim's combo and, essentially, put her on Kaletra monotherapy.

Have a great Friday!
Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

Just stopping by to say Hello! Nothing much to report. Have a good Friday everyone.

Mum-I'll pray for Mini

Offline #1 mom

Cristy - I'm sorry Robert catches everything, but glad he doesn't have major heath issues. I'm with mum, I wish more mothers were like you and kept their kids home when they are sick. Keep up the good work ;).

Mom - That's how they tried to do Lucas' MRI also. Unfortunately, they couldn't keep him still until they stopped his breathing. Even with having an LMA for them to control his breathing he woke up great, no problems. His first braces were simple AFO that he did not need casted to make. We'll just have to wait and see how he does. He kind of likes being scared :o and likes running the vacuum   :D so it should be alright. Does mini take anything to prevent osteoporosis? I just read that there is an increased risk with both CP and HIV. Lucas goes 2/24 for his preop exam and I'm going to ask about it.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Lucas' Mom

[attachment deleted by admin]
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Cristy, I think it's important to keep kids home when they're sick.  Robert shouldn't be punished for that.

Camms, yes, a couple times while in the coma, I seem to remember seeing what was going on.  I do remember when the nurse hung up the bag of Insulin  (I was in the coma was when I was diagnosed with diabetes; the feeding they were giving me had an extremely high sugar content in it, which affected my pancreas).  I was thinking I wasn't diabetic before the coma, so why was the nurse hanging up the bag of Insulin?  Since I didn't know anything that was going on, I thought she was trying to kill me.  When a couple of my friends came up, apparently I wrote on a piece of paper "doctor, no," to indicate that I thought something was wrong.  Of course, I don't remember any of that.  What I do remember is that the coma was probably the most terrifying thing  I've ever been through. 

Mum, I'm hoping for the best for Min's MRI and her next bloodwork.  I don't understand the reasoning of her PID, keeping her on a med she's shown resistance to.  It makes no sense at all.

Latrice, I sure hope you get better soon.  I'm sorry you're sick, it sucks.

#1 mom, good luck with Lucas' braces.  I have one on my left leg (I'm sure it's not as big or complicated as your son's).   I hope he does alright.

Queen, you still have to pay for contacts even though you have Medicare/Medicaid?  Because I was thinking about getting some the next time I see the eye doctor. 

Last night in my Biology class, the teacher gave us a list of words/processes we're going to have to know for the final.  There's 187 in all (I counted them).  I thought I was going to faint.  That's so much to know, so I'll be studying all weekend and the days before the test.  I'm extremely stressed out about it. 

Today I'm going to the Y, and to the library to get a book (I always read before bed).  And I'm going to try to get a recycling container.  Other than that, I'll probably be studying.  I don't have anything planned for this weekend except studying (do you see a theme here).  I'm finding lately that when someone talks about their parents, I really miss mine and almost cry.  I know it's been awhile, but they're still on my mind a lot.       You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

Mom: no one has suggested that she take anything for osteoporosis.  She had a DEXA scan done in Jan '08 to check her bone density and it was normal.  She'll have to repeat the DEXA every other year. 

They've never had to stop her breathing for her to be still.  Once she's out, she's out.  We had one issue last year with an uninformed anestesia doctor.  After the MRI, while we were waiting for mim to wake up, he came into the room panicked because while she was going to sleep, Mim accidentally scratched him!  He was mortified that he had just contracted HIV!  He tried showing me the scratch on his wrist.  Honestly, I couldn't see anything.  I was caught between slapping him and laughing at him.  I told him (iin a very exaggerated sarcastic tone) that he should be tested every week for the next 3mths just to be sure.  I also suggested he started PEP.  My hope was that he would do it, unnecessarily, and make himself look all the stupider.  I hope he's not there this time.

A week from Monday, she sees her lipid doctor.  She has chronic high cholesterol / triglycerides.  She's on 1000mg of fish oil / day.  That day we'll know everything (CD4 / %'s) except her VL, takes a couple of weeks to come in.  By the time we see her PID, we'll be well armed with lab and MRI results.

Today we're going to a co-op meeting then grocery shopping.  I got most of the cleaning done and nearly all the laundry.  I'm trying hard to "earn" the right to lay in my PJ's tomorrw and do nothing.

Have a great Friday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

Hello Ladies-

Friday is here!

Queen-  Did you get buried in with more snow at this point?  or were you fortunate enough to have just a threat of a storm? 

Mum-  I hope you earned your PJ day for tomorrow because you deserve it.  It's been a week of trials for you.  I did, however, laugh at the absurdity of the anesthesia doctor. You should have recommended  that he have HIS head checked out.

BT-  Geeze, the coma sounds terrifying. Glad you don't remember the horrible state of feeling paranoid, you could really be affected by that sensation of fear.
Good luck studying this weekend.  It will be over before you know it.

Latrice- Get well soon. 

Christy-  Hope Robert is feeling better.

Not much to report.  It's incredibly windy and cold today.  Just more online classes to plow through.
Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline Snowangel

BT- I would of loved to hear the conversation with the lady in class, it always amazes me how ignorant people are.  Good for you and getting out to the gym in this weather.  I have no motivation this time of year.  I love the outdoors and would like to start walking/hiking again when the weather gets nice but I am afraid to go by myself. Happy Studying!!

Viv- Did you say if you had an aide or not in your classroom?  I don't know how you could do it without one.

Keeping- I hope that you are feeling better.

Queen- That is good that your eye sight is better, you new contacts sound cool.  Sorry to hear about your mechanic's accident.

Camm- How do you like your online classes?  Is it hard to concentrate on them being that you are at home?  I wish I could do something like that but my computer has been really slow lately, driving me bonkers.

Mum- LOL, funny what you said to the put to sleep doc.  It really bothers me when people that are in the medical profession are clueless, it is no wonder everyday people don't have a clue.  Do all MRI make a lot of noise?  I had one when I kept having bad headaches and found it really hard to endure, I hope Minis won't be like.

Mom1- Sorry the braces didn't fit, I hope they get that worked out soon.

cjc- That is one of my biggest gripes with public school. It seems like a lot of people send their kids when they should be kept home and in bed resting.  That is another reason I hate the winter, at least 2 out of 4 of my kids get something at school, bring it home to the other 2 and then of course me.

I lost my mind yesterday and printed off a coupon for Chuck-e-cheese, that place drives me nuts, but they like it.  Sometimes the adults that are there are complete assholes, trying to win a bunch of tickets.
I was just looking through my papers and I found a medication log that my nurse filled out for me when I first got diagnosed.  I had forgotten I was had taken so many meds. I was on Bactrim 1x day, epivir 1-2x/day, viracept 5pills-2x/day, fortovase 6pills-2x/day and ziagen( I think it one 2x a day, she wrote a T though?).  The one I remember hating the most is the chewable videx, those things were so nasty.  I feel so blessed that I am on just the atripla now especially since they had told I had run out of options about 5 years into diagnosis.  I hope everyone has a nice Friday and a good weekend.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline #1 mom

Hi everyone. I hope you all have a nice weekend. I work 22 hours in two days :P. At least that schedule lets me be home with Lucas during the week :).

Mum - Lucas has never had a DEXA scan. Did they recomend starting at 8 then every other year? I'm sorry you had such an idiot for an anesthesiologist. I work in the operating room and unfortunately a lot of people who should know better don't. I was not that bad, but I had a lot to learn when I adopted Lucas. Now I educate others in my  department, or at least try to. I hope you take a PJ day tomorrow. You've definitely earned it ;D.

Betty - Lucas' braces will probably be a simple one piece, going around his foot and ankle then up the back of the leg. Because the braces are stiff they need to be fitted carefully so they don't rub. Good luck with bio. Just keep telling yourself, I think I can, I think I can. You're in the home stretch baby ;).

Snow - Thanks for thinking of us. I'm sure they'll get the braces right, I just need to learn to be patient. I'm so glad you're on atripla now and doing well. Did you ever take liquid videx? Lucas takes that now, and I just wondered how it compared to the chewable.

Well, I'm going to try and take a quick power nap before going in for my 12 hour night shift. For all those not feeling well, I hope you bundle up and rest this weekend. God Bless.

Lucas'mom
Amy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Get well soon Latrice.

I've spent too long between responses now I've got too much to respond too. LOL

Mum my late husband had brain leasions in the last couple of years before he passed. He had a stroke also so I never really knew if it was the leasions or the stroke that made him dizzy or fainty.
I hope Mini turns out to be ok and that the tests go well. I know how tough it is to deal with the fears and anxieties that come when one of your children is sick in a way that you cant fix or help make all better.

Netta I was shocked because I did not recall you writting about a regular bo. So thats why I was surprised to hear you had gotten married. Your a beautiful woman it does not surprise me that someone would want to marry you.

Offline minismom

Mom, her PID never suggested a DEXA scan.  I told her I wanted one because there were meds that I wanted her switched to that suggested a base DEXA be done before they were started.  Also, we were really trying to to track down her continued pain in her joints and weakness that seemed to not go away.  The report we got stated that unless we have concerns, we should have her re-tested every 2yrs until puberty.  Not sure what we're supposed to do then :-\  We also had to tell her PID to test her for sickle cell.  She's 1/2 black with HIV - 2 BIG reasons to be tested and yet it was never suggested.  We had her tested for juvenile arthritis at the same time just to round it all out. 

Winni, it can be gut-wrenching.  But, I'm very at peace with everything right now.  Worrying about it or dwelling on what may or may not be won't change a single thing.  All it will do is make me and everyone else miserable.  Some people have complained that I'm not "worried enough".  Not sure what that's supposed to mean. 

Betty, good luck studying, my love!  Sending you all my Biology braincells your way (though it won't be much).

The MRI place called today and changed her appointment from 2pm on Monday to 8am.  We have to be there by 7:30, meaning we have to be pulling out at 5:30am!!  She's wearing her clothes to bed so all I have to do is pick her up and put her in the car.  She can't have anything to eat after midnight and until 6am, she can only have apple juice or clear Gatorade.  No milk and nothing red or orange.  I'll bring her some chocolate milk for after her test.

I'm doing the last load of laundry as we speak.  I'm hoping to have it all folded after the kids go to bed.  They can put it away in the morning.  I bought myself a nice cumfy nightgown for PJ day tomorrow ;D  It'll be a day of boardgames and playdough and coloring and reading and eating and precious little else.

Welp, it's family night and the kids are putting in "The Borrowers".  I'll talk to you all tomorrow! 
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Some people have complained that I'm not "worried enough".  Not sure what that's supposed to mean. 

Screw um. They have no clue what it is like to be you.

Offline camille07

Good Morning-

Snow-  I really enjoy the online classes for a few reasons....I can wear my pajamas, my hair can look like "a rat's nest" no commuting and I can utilize them at my own pace.  The downside is my great dane.  She needs to have a good romp every morning.  If it's raining etc, I have her head constantly squeezing between my arm and the laptop.  As for your meds, I bet it's nice when it's time to downsize to a smaller pillbox.

Mum-  Worried enough?  Worrying is so counter productive and there is nothing to be gained by worrying. Worrying is the opposite of faith, it steals our peace and physically drains us.  If someone says your "not worried enough" I bet those people are worried in their own lives. I think the change in the MRI schedule might be a good thing.  Mini may be really sleepy going in and might make things a little easier on her.  Also, its very early in the day and before you know it, it will be over.

I've been up since 4 which is strange for me.  I'm usually in bed until 6:30.  I got the call last night at midnight that my girlfriend's mom finally passed. I'm glad that she is at peace at last.  My friend is going through a hard time on top of this.  She has no clothes that she can wear to the wake so today I'm going to pick her up and take her to target.  She owns very few possessions because of her ex husband but that's a whole other post.

My brain is a little foggy and I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in.  Wishing everyone well today.

Hugs,

Camms 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Mum, I remember that man from Min's last MRI who was panicked because of Min's "scratch."  I thought it was ridiculous then, and I still do.  I hope there's someone else doing that job now.  A child having an MRI is hard enough, you don't need an idiot to deal with.  And about worrying, well, I agree with you-it won't change anything.  I believe some worry is normal, until we start to think rationally again.  I hope you have a good p.j. day. 

Camms, That's nice of you to take your friend to Target. I'm sorry about her mom, but like you said, I'm glad she's at peace.  I'm glad to hear your encouraging feelings about online classes.  The next 8 weeks (where I go the classes are broken down into 8 week periods), I'm taking an online class.  I never have before and I'm a bit worried.  What are you studying for?

Snow, I don't like Chuck e. cheese at all.  It's too loud and their pizza is cheap and tasteless.  That pill regimen you were on sounds like old school medicine (at least a couple of them).  I remember the Videx and I'm always surprised when I hear about doctors still prescribing it.    I make myself exercise because I truly do want to get the diabetes under better control, and I want to be as healthy as I can be. 

#1 mom, Lucas' braces are pretty complicated then.  My brace goes from a bit above my knee to a bit below my knee.  Braces are expensive though, aren't they.  Just the one I have cost $1500.00.  Anyway, I hope whatever company is making his braces gets them right.  Good luck with work; those are long shifts.

Wendy, what's going on with you?

We're getting a bunch of snow that's supposed to last until this afternoon-lake effect snow.  We have about 3 inches on the ground and are supposed to get 4-6 more.  Then tomorrow it's supposed to start all over again.  I don't remember getting this much snow for a few years.  I don't like it at all.

Today will be filled with studying.  It's going to take me awhile to remember 189 terms.  I'm so over it and am ready for it to be over.   I know it will be soon enough.  Other than that, I don't have anything else planned for today.  I might join you, mum, in it being a p.j. day.         Nothing exciting to report.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

Betty, I remember seeing the bill for Mini's 1st pair of braces - $5000!! :o  The orthotics place made me sign a paper saying that if insurance didn't pay, then we agreed to.  Man, did I start praying for them not to be denied!  They had to be sent away, had this metal strip going from the top, just below her knee, hinged at the ankle (made finding shoes fun - NOT), then went to her toes.  There was an extra piece under her toes that kept them up so her foot was in a constant 45-degree angle.  She had tight heel cords.  We called them her "power legs".  Now her Cabbage Patch doll wears them.

I'd forgotten about the idiot until we started getting ready for this recent MRI.  The nurse had put Mini's bed directly under a set of cabinets.  When Mini woke up, she sat up fast and smacked her head on the corner of the cabinet.  I thought, "Good grief! All we need is for her head to bleed."  What idiot puts a bed under a cabinet when there are 2 other walls with nothing above them?

I'm in my P.J's watching the dog show on our teeny big-butt antiquated TV.  Mini is in the kitchen writing down the names of all her children - she's up to #16 :o

You ladies have a wonderful weekend.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

Good afternoon everyone.  :) Today is a beautiful day and I have to be inside... >:( I need to get laundry done and ALL my work. Someday I'll be ahead of it all. Well, last night I had dinner with my dad, my sister, and my grandparents. I told my family that I did not want to celebrate my birthday and they just went ahead and made plans. It was ok at first. We went to dinner, I really didn't have much to say and then we went back to my dad's house. We were talking about the cutbacks at school and I was talking about how I really don't make that much money and he brought up my Master's. Well, I never finished it. I was right at the thesis part and I was allowed, along with a few others, to walk in the ceremony with the understanding that we would finish over the summer. Health wise things had already started going south. (This was about a year before I was diagnosed) Basically I never finished but my dad didn't know this. So he finds out last night and he is all upset and lets me how disappointed he is. Of course I started to cry and then just left. My sister got so mad at my dad and I was embarrassed in front of my grandparents. My mom knew about me not finishing, we just didn't tell him. I was just so upset because it feels like I am always a disappointment. Oh well...I guess I'll have something to talk about when I see my therapist Tuesday.  :)

Changing topics...I went an bought one of those Swiffer Mops, you know the one that has the liquid in it? I have tried MANY things to clean my floors and I just can't find one I like. My dog brings in dirt and I am constantly sweeping. I am going to try and see how it works. We'll see if I have 100% satisfaction, LOL!

Have a good day everyone!
Andrea

Offline vivyt

Oh, Snow, you've asked twice and I keep forgetting...I do not have an aide.

Offline minismom

I LOVE my Swiffer!
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
We had a birthday party for the baby today. I am beat. Its a few days early but with the other grandparents being from out of town it was decided to have it this weekend.

I'll chit chat more later.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Evening Ladies---

I think the storm we were suppose to get has slipped by us. It was just bitter cold that one day, light coating of snow and windy as hell. Not much going on with me really. I got a new digital camera so I have been playing around with that. I was suppose to see Rey today so that fell through due to work. His boss was in town and Rey had to fire someone today. Needless to say I was disappointed. Other than, nothing to report but I'll continue to check in...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

Wendy, Wow!  I can't believe she's a year old already.  Good grief time has flown.  Did she get all gooey with the birthday cake?  Umm....pictures?

I had a really bad night last night - didn't sleep well.  I thought I could get away with not taking my allergy pill before bed.  Needless to say, I won't be doing that again.  So, I'm up and showered, trying to be quiet so I don't wake up the gang.  After church, I'll get a nap in.

It snowed last night.  It's not supposed to snow any more today - just be freezing cold.  Tomorrow's weather looks good, too, again, just cold.  By the end of the week, we could be looking at 50F.  I'm so over winter!

Hubby and I started attending an educational co-oping group last week.  We meet every Friday and there are different sessions for the kids to go to.  Hubby is teaching 2 Spanish classes and I'm teaching a drama class and a "how to write a research paper" class for highschool boys. Last Friday was a planning meeting so that this Friday is our first official "class" day.  So far we have 28 kids from preschool - highschool.  I'm super excited. I'll still have our 3 oldest kids in my drama class and Hubby will have the 5 oldest kids in his Spanish class, between the 2 sessions he'll teach.  The other classes they'll have are art, music, and gym.

In the fall, we'll offer all of the above plus Civics, American History, Home Ec. (life skills), auto mechanics, highschool math, sign language, and creative writing.  We'll also have tutoring sessions in reading, writing, and math.

PJ day was wonderful.  We played board games, watched movies, talked, hung out, watched the kids put on a "show", and ate a big pot of homemade chili for supper.  I've decided that PJ day will be at least a monthly fixture in our home.  It was great for decompressing.

Well, I need to check the driveway and see if Hubby needs to wake up and shovel us out.  Stay warm!

Mum

edited to add: We watched "The Changling" last night and it was amazing!  It's a true story and was done beautifully.  I'm not an Angelina fan, but even she did great.  It was directed by Clint Eastwood and also stars John Malovich and produced by Ron Howard.  I HIGHLY recommend it.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:19:05 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Mum, I'll be thinking about you and Min tomorrow morning and hoping for a good experience.  I didn't stay in my p.j.'s yesterday, but I didn't go anywhere either.  Homemade chili sounds good.

Andrea, your dad is a jackass.  I'm so sorry he made you upset and I wish you could have had a better time.  How's the Swiffer mop?

Wendy, how was the party? 

Queen, I keep thinking about getting a digital camera (whenever I have the extra money), but I'm so lousy with technical stuff, I wonder how hard it would be to learn how to work?  Sorry you didn't get to see Rey. 

Well, we have 8 (yes, eight) inches of snow.  I am so sick of all this, I'm ready to move to Arizona with my sister today.  I went out and cleared off my car and shoveled a path from my door to the car.   I hope I can get out tomorrow, 'cause I have laundry to do.  I wish I had a snowblower, then it wouldn't take much time to clear things off.  I honestly don't remember when the last winter season was where we've had so much snow, and so late into the new year.  Usually by this time, the snow is clearing out.  I do remember when I was younger, we used to have snow, sometimes in April.  Please don't let that be the case this year.

Today I'm going to be studying again.  That's what I'll be doing until Thursday night.  I studied for a long time yesterday, then had to lay down.  Some of those terms are so hard to remember.  It makes my head ache to study too long, so I'm going to try to break it up.  Anyway, other than that, nothing else happening.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

We had all the kids ready for church and they cancelled.  They said that the parking lot was a sheet of ice.  We have about 3 inches of snow on top of 1/4 inch of ice.  It's supposed to snow 1 - 2 more inches, but so far all we've had are peeks of sun.  Yesterday was sunny and we didn't want to go anywhere.  Now that it's nasty outside, we've got cabin fever. :-\

Betty, I remember the last time we had this much snow - it was the winter of 02 - 03.  The only reason I remember is because I was hugely pregnant with #5 wondering what was going to happen if I went into labor and we couldn't get out.  We dug a hole through the snow to the ground and put Mini inside of it - you couldn't see her at all.  She was 2 1/2.  #5 was born on 3/29 and on 3/30 they wouldn't let us go home from the hospital because is was snowing and we lived 1 1/2 hours away.  Since then Hubby and I have commented about how "lucky" we've been with mild winters.  I guess our luck ran out.

I had a bad headache so I took advil and went to lay down for an hour.  This was at 9, I just woke up at 11.  But, I'm feeling better and that's all that matters.

Hope the rest of you are having a warmer day!
Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Some of yall are going to hate me. <joke> LOL I have my doors and windows open. Its about 70 degrees here and lovely sunny.

The party went well. The baby was given a cup cake and had no clue what to do with it. She just looked at it like it was a rock. With help she ate some and threw a little when her hands came up dirty with icing.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Hello Ladies. Things are well here with us.                                     Betty good luck with the studying. Wow, 8 inches of snow. Just try to stay warm and safe.                                                                             Wendy, she is adorable, what a cute picture. No, I don't hate you for having beautiful weather, I am just jealous. :-*                                     Mum, i will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for the best.             Not much else to say tonight, we are happy, warm and safe. Hope everyone has a great night. Cristy

Offline minismom

Wendy, she's BEAUTIFUL!  I think she looks like you.  I can't believe how big she is - and all that hair.

Nothing going on.  Getting ready to watch a movie with the kids.  I ended up taking another 2 hour nap this afternoon.  I just hope I can sleep tonight.  Hubby got off easy today.  The sun came out and melted the snow on the driveway so he didn't have to shovel.

I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

Hello Ladies, hope all is well. Ladies I have to apologize for a misunderstanding, I was griping about people being suprized I got married and how they probly thought I was gay or that POZ people don't have a life after diagnosed.
I did not mean any of YOU ladies, I was talking about people in my community that know, friends and church members.
I expected you all to be suprised because I kept it a secret !! I didn't want to say anything to you all untill we had gotten married. You see, I was talking to James online, we met on a dating site, but just friends, this was during the time navyman had come, down and I discussed how disapointed I was with him. Well James andI kept talking , and textn, and I.M. and we found ourselves having hours and hours of conversation on the phone and we just knew something was stirring ,so i invited him down for New years when he had time oof from work.and we just hit it of, this was a worldwind romance, it all happened so fast, I was miserable with out him and we missed each other so much. He was the yin to my yang and we decided he would move here, after his plant was closing and laying off, his family is very happy for us and I talk to them from up north, and things fell into place, , he has never been married before,we knew it was the right thihg to do. I have been married a few times and they all ended in disaster!!!!, We are going to save for a wedding in the near future because he wants one,we were very honest with each other from the start. My husband is an x iv drug user and has a past, like we all do, he is hiv+ . I am very, happy now because I truly know what it is to be loved and thats what I have always prayed for.I never would have thought it would happen to me!!! i am so blessed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:05:44 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

tendai

hie ladies

netta - im so happy for you and James. i wish u all the best in your marriage, u truly are blessed

betty - good luck with the biology. i used to like biology in high school coz it was real, u know, talking about things u can actually see and touch. but when it came to funny formulas my brain would shut down:)

wendy - thats a pretty baby u guys got there

viv - sorry about the thing with your dad. i remember how i used to cry whenever my dad shouted at me for anything.  sometimes i'd disappoint him without even meaning to, it always felt awful. How do u like your new swiffer

mum - how did it go?

camms - my condolences about your friends mum. she's at peace at last.

snow - that was a whole lot of pills u were taking, however did u manage it

keeping - i hope u're all better now

my weekend was alright, we had a tiny liittle party (if u can call it that) for my nephew and my aunts kid. just us and a couple of cakes. my nephew is 'talking' ,  now pretty soon we might be able to actually understand him. he's so adorable, i wish i could print out the photos i took on my phone.
i had another insect incident while mr o-o-t was here on friday, this time it was a spider and i totally freaked out.i couldnt scream though coz we were eating breakfast and my mouth was full so i was more like jumping around making these really loud moans or whatever. i totally hate spiders and i ended up crying and he was comforting me after he killed it and i felt so stupid picturing what i must have looked like in my panic ::)

Offline camille07

Good Monday Morning-

Tend-  Was this spider poisonous or you just completely fear spiders?

Viv-  I cannot believe your father.  I could understand him being surprised, but he handled it all wrong.  I know, just from what you've posted, you're very sensitive about your family.  I'm 39 and my dad got upset that I visited him in the hospital after his hip replacement. I left immediately and started to cry. (It was his pain meds that were making him miserable).  However,  I immediately felt like I was five again. 
Swiffer is the way to go.  I have one and it makes cleaning so much easier.

Mum-  Mini is in our prayers today.  I hope the MRI goes smoothly.

BT-  I'm taking classes for my certification with Adobe for graphic design and web graphics.  I have been thinking about going back to school, all together for a masters in fine arts.  Sorry to hear about all the snow.  I live in Jersey and I think we had 4 inches all season so I should count my blessings.

Wendy-  She is beautiful.  A real cutie.  How many times did she try to tear the ribbon off her head?

Queen-  What kind of camera did you get?  Do you know how many mega pixels?

Ladies have a great day.  Heading down the beach for a walk with the dog.  It's 25 degrees today so I'll be layering.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Mum, most of the churches were closed yesterday because of the snow.  Yeah, we were getting mild winters also. So much for that.  I'm thinking about you and Min and hoping the MRI  goes alright.

Wendy, she is adorable.  What have you been up to?

Netta, I am so happy for you.  Whenever you have the wedding, you're definitely going to have to post some pictures.  My second ex was an i.v. drug user.  He didn't have HIV, but he does have hep C. 

Tendai, I'm trying to picture you with your mouth full of food, going around in circles making loud noises.  I don't like spiders either.  I'm glad Mr. o-o-t was there to take care of it for you. 

Camms, if you go after your master's, would you do it online?  My brother's girlfriend is getting her master's in education online.   How can you go down by the beach when it's only 25F degrees out?  Isn't the wind colder there?

I'm really not feeling well today.  A couple of my friends at school had stomach viruses last week (why don't people keep their distance when they're sick).  I don't know if it's that, or just nerves from being worried about the upcoming exam in Biology.  Anyway, I've been having the runs, bad headaches, and a nauseous feeling.  And tired without having a reason to be.  I still plan on going to the Y and I have laundry to do, so I'll be going to the laundermat.  Hopefully I'll feel better as the day goes on. 

Did anyone watch the Academy awards last night?  I watched part of it.  I saw the guy win the Oscar for best screenplay for Milk and he gave a really awesome acceptance speech.  I was happy to see Slumdog Millionaire win best picture.  I thought all the winners deserved it.  I'm glad Wall-E won also.  I took my granddaughter to see that movie, and I enjoyed it just as much as she did. 

Well, I've pretty much said what I'll be doing today, besides studying.  You ladies have a good one.

Offline camille07

Summer's almost here in Maine.  Yep, won't be long now...  I'm glad I'm in Jersey

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:24:43 am by camille07 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
How many times did she try to tear the ribbon off her head?
Not once. It didn't bother her at all. She actually cried when I pulled it off to reposition it. As soon as it was back on her head she shut up.   Weird baby.  ;D

Wendy, she's BEAUTIFUL!  I think she looks like you.  I can't believe how big she is - and all that hair.
Thankyou. She has no blood ties with me. So any resemblance is coincidence. She does have pretty much the same eye color as me and my boys and she is white and blonde. LOL I was a blonde until my mid teens. My shade was lighter than hers though. Her skin is much nicer than mine. I think she will tan easy. I just freckle and burn.
Her Daddy is naturally dark.

Offline minismom

Wendy..whoops! Sorry! :-\  The only kids that look like me and Hubby are the adopted ones.  Our only biological (#5) doesn't look like either one of us.  Go figure.

The MRI went well.  No stupid anesthsia doctors.  As a matter of a fact, the one we had was wonderful!  Actually, the entire staff was great.  I got to go in with her while they were giving her gas to put her to sleep before putting in the IVs.  She was quite goofy on her way to la-la land.  On the way home, we went through the Chic-fil-a drive through for 4 nuggets, fruit, and 1% milk.  LOL - that's what constitutes fast-food to my kids - and they still dont' get to eat it much.

The results are already in the computer system so as soon as Dr. D finishes his surgeries, he'll be able to look it up and call.  His nurse said that if it wasn't today, it would definately be tomorrow.  I'm anxious to know.

Oh, CRAP, I almost forgot.  I *think* - am pretty sure really - that we have a new HIV specialist for Mini!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  His office is 4hrs away and out of state,  but we'd only have to go every 6mths, so it won't be bad.  We'll just need to work out the insurance stuff.  I'm so excited!  She sees her PID on 3/9 and it would be so awesome to have all this in place when we go.

I'm off to take a nap - didn't sleep so good last night and hit the road before 5am.  I'll let you all know something as SOON as I do.  Love you all!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

Mum-  That's really wonderful news regarding the new doctor.  It must be a wonderful feeling that you'll be getting the care you need and deserve.

BT-  I bundle up with a layer of thermals top/bottoms, wool sweater, jeans, a ridiculous hat, and scarf topped off with a heavy cardhardt.  On really cold days my dog wears one of my sweaters for real.

Offline #1 mom

Hi everyone! Not much going on today. We went to story time at the library. Miss Amy the children's librarian is wonderful! She always includes songs and has shakers/clappers/bells for the kids to use. Lucas is really getting into that. You should see him dancing around singing and shaking his bells ;D.

Betty - I hope you're feeling better. Lucas sends a kiss to help make you feel better :-*. I'm not sure how expensive his braces will be. Last time he had surestep braces (only covered the foot and ankle) and they were about $850. Thank God for insurance. I haven't heard from his orthotist about a date for the casting. I'll give him until tomorrow then call. One thing is that this orthotist doesn't charge until you get braces that work 8).

Mum - I'm glad the test went smoothly. I'm praying for mini and the family. I'm glad you're getting a new doctor for mini.

Wendy - What a cutie!

Tendai - My husband is terrified by spiders. He once woke me up to deal with a spider for him.

Viv - I'm so sorry for how your birthday went. Lucas is sending a hug your way. Nothing helps me more than one of his hugs ;D.

Well, that's about it for now. Take care everyone.

Lucas'mom
Amy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Mum - Glad you found another doc and are excited about it. I hope it turns out to be doctor right.
Don't worry about the whoops. Even though she is not blood related I could not love her any more.
I know you understand.

Cute pup Cam.

Lucas's Mom - I was just telling my Billy yesterday that when I was a girl they had a number you could call and a automated system would tell you a story.  If I'd had a library close to home I'd likely have lived there.

Today I have been cleaning house and uploading cds to the computer for putting onto the Ipod.
I also window shopped online. LOL so strange for me to type that. I've never really shopped online before. I found a women's site that has clothes size 12 and up and also tall sizes. I've been eyeballing the leggings and tunic length shirts. Comfort ya know.

I managed to get 5 kitchen sized bags full of linens and blankets to donate to someone. I haven't figured out who yet. Charities usually send a card in the mail every once in a while saying call us and we will pick up your donations. Which is better than me having to cart it to them.
I want to downsize. The clutter of merging several households and things over the years you no longer need but cant seem to let go of even though there is nothing sentimental about the stuff is so annoying.

Hows that for a run on sentence? ;D

I feel I accomplished some of what I'd like done so I'm good for today.

Offline minismom

I'm back from dance class and extremely tired but not sleepy - if that makes sense.  Dr. Daniel's nurse called about 2pm to let us know that Dr. D looked at the MRI and "found nothing scarey".  I asked her what that means, because something that's not scarey to him might scare the crap outta me, since we're talking about my daughter and not his.  She said that all Dr. D said was that he didn't find anything "scarey" but he'd have to wait for the official report Wed. or Thurs, then he'll call.  :-\

The best I can figure is that he meant he didn't see a tumor.  In his office, he referred to the posibility of Mini having a tumor as "scarey" and CNS lesions as "really not good either."  Also, it's easier to see a tumor than it is lesions.  So, now we wait a couple more days and see what happens. 

Words are starting to blur.  Good sign it's time to go to bed.
Much love to you all,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

Mum- I'm glad everything went well with Mini. I wonder too, what nothing scary means? Huh...

Cams- Ok, that picture of your dog cracked me up! Is it a boy or a girl? My dog doesn't really enjoy wearing sweaters. So funny...

#1 Mom- Thank you...that was really sweet.

Wendy- I am totally loving leggings and anything that covers my butt. It is comfortable.

Betty- I hope you feel better. I turned the Oscar's on just as Heath Ledger's dad was giving his acceptance speech which was really all I wanted to see. I like the shows after talking about what everyone wore... :)

Well nothing much going on. It is that time of year again...REPORT CARDS. They are due next week. I am planning on being done with everything this week end. That would feel so good. Talk to you all later.

Offline minismom

Wendy, have you tried Woman Within?  It is the ONLY place I buy clothes.  Ok, I occasionally buy a shirt from Wal-mart, but Woman Within rocks!  They now have tunic shirts in 5 different lengths.  Their clothes are real high quality without the high prices.  They have awesome sales, too.  Once you buy something from them, theyll send you a catalog with great deals.  The one I have now is when I buy 2 items, the first is 30% off and the second one is 25% off.  Watch the sizing chart.  When things are listed as S,M,L,XL, they are 1 size smaller than usual.  In stores, I buy an XL, but from them, it's a L.

Vyv, Dr. D is in the office all day today, so I'm hoping he'll call so that I can talk to him.  I'm sure he looked at the MRI then called the office in between surgeries.  I was greatful that I got a call at all, cryptic as it was.  Once this is all settled, I'm calling and setting up an appointment for #6.  He's very PRO fitting her with a hearing aid in her right ear.  Did I mention how much I love this guy?

Today we've got to hit the books hot and heavy.  Have a great Tuesday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
Good morning Ladies,

I feel so much better. I am now back at work. I am my 7th day of antibiotics for that swollen sore throat that I had. I have been looking just not posting. I was feeling so awful. Everytime I get sick I get scared. I guess that will pass also. There's nothing really exciting going on for me anyways :) I had a wonderful weekend with my Hubby it was so romantic.

Mum- I'm glad you finally found a doctor that you like for Mini. It's nothing like a doctor that you like and trust.

Win- I am so in love with leggings. Give me a shirt big enough to cover my behind and that's all I need.

Snow- Hey chick I am feeling better. I texted you the other day. How is everything with you?

Ten- Are you enjoying the new house. I am feeling much better.

Well I have alot of work to catch up on. I will talk to you guys later
~1~

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies,

Camms, I love that picture of your dog.  And I also liked the picture of the deer tromping through the snow that's almost over their heads. 

Wendy, what's the name of that site you were on with the large and tall women's clothes?  That's something I need, though I usually get my clothes at Goodwill. :)

Mum, I'm so glad you like Dr. Daniel.  Please let us know if he calls you today.  I'm glad, at least, so far it's nothing scarey.

#1 mom, thank Lucas for that kiss.  It made me feel better. 

Andrea, I'm holding you to the fact that you said you'd be done with everything this weekend. :)

Latrice, I'm glad you're feeling better.  What did you and your hubby do this weekend that was so romantic?  Enquiring minds want to know.

If I have to eat veggies again, I'm going to gag.  Yep, I've only been on this diet a week, and I'm sick of it.  I want something fried with melted chocolate on it.  That's terrible and inpatient isn't it.  This is just such a new way of eating, that it's going to take me a long while to get used to it.  I don't even have any ice cream or candy in the house, and I feel naked.  I've been measuring serving sizes, and trying to get in what I'm supposed to be eating.  But damn, I do want something fattening soon.

Today I'm just going to clean and study.  Nothing else exciting (not that that is).  You ladies have a good day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.