Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:37:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 485
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 481
Total: 481

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladie's Thread-Part 48 Cooling off of temps, cooling off of tempers  (Read 49437 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I couldn't think of anything snappier.  It's still quite early and my brain hasn't woke up yet. 

Drag, it's good to hear from you.  We miss you when we don't.  I'm sure there's a ton of stuff you're getting done.  It's this next weekend, right?  Wow, I can't believe one of us is getting married.  I know you're going to have a beautiful wedding and I just wish I was there to cheer you on.  You take care of yourself this week.

I have nothing planned except studying today.  I'm not sure if my brother is coming over or not for continuation of "The Wire."  You ladies have a good day.  I'm off to read the paper (and study).
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

Re: Ladie's Thread-Part 48 Cooling off of temps, cooling off of tempers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 03:40:32 pm »
The title works for me BT! Oh and I just want to say that everytime I see your avatar I laugh. I think it is so funny!

Well, I am supposed to be doing all my lesson plans but I really don't want to. I am also trying to do laundry...sometimes I just hate doing work!

Yesterday I went to see my friend who I have not seen in a few years. It was really nice. It was as if time had not gone by. I told her about my status, I could not be to candid because her 4 yr. old daughter was there so it was kind of like code. She was fine with it. She really didn't ask many questions and I'm not sure if that was because of her daughter or the shock. I told her that I was nervous about telling her for fear of how she would react and she totally reassured me. I just know I feel good about it and I am glad she is back in my life... :) So, my first "disclosure" went well. Baby steps....I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Has anyone heard from Mum? It has been a REALLY long time since she has posted which is not usual. Any information???? I hope she and her family are ok.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 05:58:27 pm »
Hi Viv and BT~

I was wondering about Mum as well, she's always on here.  Iceman is still down in the NC mts, trickling into TN and having a great time.  I shaved Cheech again today because this weather is still too warm for him during the day.  I am going to pack up my things and get on back to my place tonight.  Back to work tomorrow!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:14:09 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:18:44 pm »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, I'm so glad your first disclosure went well.  Sometimes we worry about things that really turn out alright.  Good for you!

Cin, going back to the homestead, aye?  How long will your Ice be gone? 

I read a bit of my homework today.  Other than that, nothing exciting.  My brother didn't make it over tonight.  He teaches at two universities and he said he's got catching up to do.  I just keep watching my belly grow.  My daughter said she's got "rolls."  I told her not to worry about that until they turn into a whole tire, like mine. :P  Have a good night everyone.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:09:19 pm »
Camry and I must have posted around the same time. I didnt see her thread until now. I'm sorry. I hope you can find someone to help you gain some feeling of control in your life.

I forgot about something I did several years ago. I casually knew a pos woman from a social group and she had been very very thin when I first met her. Several years later I ran into her again and she had a very large belly. She looked 8 or 9 months pregnant. Dumb me approached her and was excited for her being pregnant said something to the effect of when was her baby due.
She was not pregnant. She had a really bad case of lipodistrophy. She really, really looked pregnant. I felt like an idiot. I'll never ask another pos woman if she is pregnant again. LOL

Offline mahalia

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 08:49:07 am »
Hey ladies, been gone for a while. hope everyone is good!

I just have a lot of work to do wit ma boss not being around and boy i just cant wait to start at ma new job! Talking of Lipo Win, a doctor friend of mine recommended that i switch to Atripla. As convenient as it is i have heard stories bout it, mental problems, nightmares, lipo...please anyone on Atripla share your experiences...

Lots of love...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 03:40:43 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Mahalia, I have no experience with Atripla, sorry.  I tried Sustiva, but I switched due to some psychological issues it was causing.  Some people though do great on it.  I suppose everyone just has to try it themselves.  When do you start your new job?

I did the rest of my homework and cleaned my apartment.  So at least I accomplished something today.  Nothing else been going on.  It's very warm here, so I also hand-washed a couple shirts, put them on hangers and put them outside to dry.  I hope they smell good when I bring them in.  You ladies have a good evening.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 06:16:48 pm »
Hi GFs~

Iceman and the Hogs are riding back up today -- all day long, prob won't get home until close to midnight, I say.

I drove to work from my place today for the first time in weeks and it was OK going in.  The commute home sucked with my neck.  I am so exhausted.  Going to go do laundry and make some soup.

~Cindy

Offline Afraid

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 07:09:27 pm »
Hello All,

I took your advice, and I reached out to my physco Therapist, and we arranged for me to admit myself first thing in the morning. I will be for 72 hours. I must admit that I'm looking forward to it. My only complaint at this point is the security measures they might have there. Meaning like do the men just get to roam the halls, and in and out of different rooms.

Honestly that's my biggest fear, because I will not feel safe. I guess I Will see 2morrow. I told my Physco Therapist that if they get to roam freely that I will not be admitting myself. I will just find another way to deal with my issues. My Infectious Disease doctor is looking for me a support group on my area.

I would like to thank all of you, for your kind words. I truly appreciate it. I will keep you all posted with what happens 2morrow. Let's hope they don't to roam freely. Until next time you all continue to be blessed." Camry"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 07:17:28 pm »
Cin, I hope your neck feels better once you're able to relax.

Camry, there are people who work there who control people "who roam the halls" be they men or women.  I would give it a chance.  Good luck to you and please let us know how you are when you get out.

Nothing happening.  Just wanted to reply to the ladies here.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:19 pm »
Hello everyone!

Mahalia- I have been on Atripla for almost 2 years and there aren't really any problems. For the first couple of weeks it made me feel like I was drunk or something. I called it the LSD pill. I just made sure to take it right before bed. Every so often I have vivid dreams but there are not other issues. No lipo and no mental problems. I have never heard about that one. I have responded well to it. Good luck!

Well, I finally went to the doctor today for my cough. He put me on an antibiotic, gave me and inhaler, and told me to start taking Mucinex. Hopefully it will help it. I also scheduled ANOTHER appointment with the gyno on Friday. I guess there are more problems...great. I have to take the day off and I hate that. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:47:46 am »
Good Morning Ladies,

Just dropping in to check on everyone. I had a killer paper on numbers again in accounting. (Blah) Everything has been going well for me as of the moment. My PaP came back normal. I decieded to go to my regular OB/GYN. At first I was scared and was just going to let my ASO doctor do it. But I need to go to my regular dr. so I can keep my birth control. Disclosing to her was easy. I had to pump myself up to do it. I have been seeing this women since I was 18.

Mahalia. I have been on Atripla for 8 months. I have had no problems with it. Like Viv said I had the drunk feeling for the first week or so. Now i'm good. I can even take it after I eat. I do get some crazy dreams every now and then, but I was getting those before I started the meds.

Viv- I'm glad you went to the dr. about your cold.

BT- How is school going for you? I have 6 more classes and I will graduate what about you.

Hello to all my ladies, Snow, Wish, CJC, netta, drag, tendai and everyone else I forgot . Love you girls.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 10:33:00 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, I'm so glad you went to the doc about your cough.  It sounds like you caught it in time.  I had an infection like that a few months back where the doctor put me on antibiotics and gave me an inhaler, and also told me to use Mucinex.  That stuff is pretty expensive, but is sure does the trick. I used Mucinex DM, if I'm remembering right.   Please take care of yourself.  And let us know what the gyn says on Friday.  This is because of abnormal cells?

Keeping, good to hear from you.  That's funny, after this semester, I only have six more classes also (did we plan that right).  I'll be able to graduate in May and just take the two classes next summer.  I couldn't imagine doing a "numbers" paper.  This Microeconomics class is almost causing my brain to quit.  You're getting a degree in Accounting?  You're a better person than I am.

It's rainy and back to being fall.  I got all the morning stuff done (exercising, cleaning the kitchen).  I'm going to review the chapter for the Microecon class so hopefully I'll be able to follow it a bit when the professor is talking about it and kind of sound like I know what I'm talking about.  Actually, it was about world hunger, but like from an economist's point of view.  See, I'm more a humanitarian person than a business math person, so all this is Greek.  But, it's over in two more classes.  I sure hope I pass it.

Nothing else to report at the moment.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 01:49:43 pm »
BT- I'm actually majoring in healthcare administration. I just have to take this healthcare accounting class. It really sucks :-\

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 03:21:03 pm »
Hi everyone,
Lucas had his checkup with the neurologist. He was very pleased with how Lucas is doing :). He said to just keep doing what we're doing and return in 6 months for another checkup. I was talking to him about Lucas strabismus and he gave me the name of a neuro-opthamologist ???. He said it didn't seem bad to him but that if I wanted another opinion he thought that was who we should see. I never heard of that specialty before. Lucas has appointments with his vision therapist and his opthamologist in the next couple of weeks. If the therapist recommends therapy and the opthamologist re comends surgery again than I think I'll call for an appointment with the neuro-opthamologist.

Netta - I'm so sorry for your loss :'(. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

vivyt - I'm glad you finally got in to your doctor. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

BT - It's almost over. Keep up the hard work. I'm so proud of what you're accomplishing.

Keeping - Way to go. I'm so glad your hard work is almost done.

Mum - I'm not sure what's going on but we're worried about you and miss you.

Well, Lucas has therapy soon so I have to sign off. Have a good day everyone.
Amy
Amy

tendai

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 04:06:40 am »
hie ladies

viv - its good u went to the doctor about your cough, wouldnt want it growing worse and worse. and im glad your disclosure with your friend went well. kind of gives you the guts to do be able to do it again if u ever have to doesnt it? good luck with the gyn.  i've never been to one before.  the one time i needed a doctor for down there was when i had an embarrassing incident with a clove of garlic and the female doctor i hoped to see wasnt there so i had to have the guy doctor who was there do it. i was too embarrassed for words

amy - glad Lucas is doing ok.

drag - the day draws nearer...girl im very excited for you!

keeping and Betty - good going with school. i think if i ever go back to school i'll just do short courses or something

mahalia - good luck with the Atripla. im not sure if its available but i would like to be on that when my time for meds comes coz it seems to be the most convenient. one pill before u go to bed..  when do u start your new job?

camry - good luck at the hospital. im sure you will be safe and i hope it yields positive resutls for you.

cindy - its great hearing u and iceman going stronger than ever

guess what.  shyguy came to see me the other day.  looking sooooo fine i couldnt take my eyes off him.  he is so definitely CAKE  and i wish i could have some, im so so so tempted. lovely chocolate cake. but then again my mind has been in the gutter these past few days and he just showed up and became a 'target'. hopefully my hormones will settle down soon.
and the leg-humper i thought was female keeps going on about how much he loves me etc and i told him "no no no no" and he says "no matter what u say i still love u and i wont stop telling you". that annoys me so much i feel like screaming at him. i ended up giving my phone to my nephew while he was still on the line coz i was about to be very rude to him. he was saying "if u were God would you answer my prayer that u be mine' and im like WTF kind of question is that.  honestly he's starting to freak me out. he's like those obsessive psychos or something. plus he's married! and i told him i cant be involved with a married guy and  he says something like just becoz he told me he's married everythings ok and we should go ahead and go out. WTF! mr creepo..

anyway i hope everyone is doing ok out there. we're waiting for the dumb idiot presidnet and prime minister to talk and negotiate and reach an agreement about the cabinet.  maybe the country can get back to normal if that is possible at all. we're like a runaway train speeding into the unknown..
catch y'all on the rebound :*

Offline vivyt

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 08:26:56 am »
Good Morning Ladies!

Well I am still hacking away and I don't know if it is possible but I feel worse. I can't stand coughing junk up, it totally makes me sick. If things don't change by Saturday I am going to have to go back in.

Tendai- That "leg humper" sounds like a creep. I wouldn't answer my phone when he calls. He'll get the message.

#1Mom- That's good that Lucas's appointment went well.

BT- What will you do when you're done with school? Yes the gyno appt. is for an abnormal pap. I had one and the doctor did the colposcopy, then another pap, and now she wants to talk to me about these results. Whatever it is, it can't be good or she would have just told me over the phone. I'm totally indifferent about it. I mean the worst has already happened...(HIV)

Keeping- How on earth do you right a paper on numbers??

Offline mahalia

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:14:39 am »
Hi ladies,

I'm not too well today! Got Urinary Trat Infection since ystday afternoon and it hurts like hell, saw ma doc ystday and he put me on antibiotics, hope it clears veri soon...and got lots of work!!!

Tendai- We have Atripla in Bots, hope u guys will have it too. My doc friend tells me a lot of pple around here are switching to it...the Leg Humper sounds scary man, just ignore his calls. I'd report him to the police if he persisted calling!

Viv- maybe u gotta go back to ur doc, maybe 2mrw if u still terrible...get well soon hey

Thank you for sharing ur experiences with Atripla, 'll see bout switching to it...i

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 12:45:09 pm »
Hey girls,

Keeping, I hear you on those math classes.  Especially business math.  It does suck; everything about it.

Amy, I'm glad Lucas' checkup went well.  I've never heard of a neuro-ophthalmologist either, but perhaps it's worth a shot. 

Tendai, that leg-humper is a strange-o.  I wouldn't answer his calls or talk to him if I saw him.  I agree with Mahalia-warn him you're going to call the police, then do it if he persists.   I'm keeping you in my thoughts about the government mess in your country.  I actually talked about that a bit (from what I know) in my Microecon class last night.  We were talking about world poverty.  I truly hope things improve.

Andrea, did you get the Mucinex DM?  I know it's expensive, but it usually works pretty well.  I hope you get to feeling better soon and that it's not pneumonia.  Please take care of yourself.  And please let us know what your gyn says.  You're in my thoughts as well.

Mahalia, oooh, be careful with that UTI.  I used to get those all the time.  They suck.  Especially feeling like you have to go every minute, then when you do go it hurts like hell.  Drink tons of water.  And cranberry juice helps.  Take care of yourself, girl.

One more Microecon class to go.  I have to write a paper on world poverty and how to end it.  I have to write it from the book's perspective, two movies (we saw last night) perspective and my own perspective.  I'm not going to do that until probably Friday.  Please, please, keep your fingers crossed that I pass this class.  Tonight is Government and I hope the teacher lets us out early so I can watch the final debate between Obama and McCain.  Obama's ahead of McCain and I hope it keeps that way.  God help us all if McCain gets in.  We'll have wars galore and state programs will be cut-a lot. 

Anyway, I'm going to check out a few more threads and do some reading.  You all have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 06:00:46 pm »
Hi GIRLS, i am back home safe and sound. What an ordeal. I sang at my nephews funeral . My tribute to him. I also got an invtation to record in the studio! by two different people. I am trying to regroup, very tired. To catch up a little, the day my nephew was killed, I HAD JUST BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!!! Well a 2006 chevey malibu. Its a long story, but I have been praying for a financial blessings and it came! No not my lawsuit, that is still pending, but my dear departed dad. The bank  found a cd, that had been unclaimed and it was for me and my sister. You can imagine how happy and shocked I was!!! I was able to buy a car, cash! and get a laptop and give my family some money. I AM VERY BLESSED, ALTHOUGH, my nephew got killed that very nite! my sister is doing better,I had to fly out the same day i got the news, if it had not been for my dad , i would have not had the money to fly. Mixed blessing, i don't question God, my nephew is at rest, and in a better place. My family took it very hard. I am just glad I was there. I have missed you all, glad to be back, be patient with me, as i don't feel like posting many days, but i had to let you know, don't give up on your dreams. GOD IS GOOD
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:02:26 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 08:54:02 pm »
Hi ladies!!! Just dropping in for a quick hello!  Nothing new is going on in my world. What is the real deal with Atripla and Sustiva??  My doc says she won't prescribe that for women.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 03:40:56 am »
Hello ladies and especially Tendai who is now live online  :-* ;D [we have the same time zone]

...I just wanted to post that b4 she gets called by Dr Evil or something... Tendai, please be careful from that creepo. I somehow dont see you going to the police over there - its probabaly full of worse ppl than him - i could be wrong but thats what I imagine. But just ignore him and if he doesnt let go have a male friend shout at him. he creeps me out. God, where do those guys crawl under from?

Netta, its great to hear from you. Im so sorry for your loss. You're an inspiration though in how you handle things. I hope the money will keep you going for awhile, and that those recordings come thru, I bet you're really talented.

Mahalia, these infections are a bitch, if you can get the juice it really helps but you might have to take antibiotics, I did once when I had it severe.

#1 glad for the good news about little Lucas, he is adorable.

Betty, Im sure you'll ACE that paper. I'm terrified of McCain winning, I told my mom Im more worried about that than my wedding. It will have a devastating effect globally, esp on where Im from but in the (slightly longer term) with Palin in charge of energy policies, as you wrote, God help us.

Andrea, what's with the hacking?! Don't neglect yourself please.......

Camry, I hope the hospital makes you feel better.

Cindy, is your wild hog back yet? youve been sleeping 3 weeks away from home? I guess Cheech is with you.

Keeping, I dont know how you remained so cool up until your wedding. I am not. At all. I wish I had a friend here just as a shoulder for all the jitters Im experiencing.

Brandy I hope yore feeling better? Is this stone supposed to come out by itself?

Wendy, Queen, sorry I forgot your lasts posts, cos they arent in the thread, hope youre doing good.

Sweet C, id say there must be 2 reasons, one that sustiva (also found in atripla) is considered potentially harmful to a featus (or however you spell that); or possibly, b/c it has sometimes destabalizing mental effects (had on me at least) might be worse on a woman b/c we take the same dosage while being generally thinner and with a different metabolism than men (like we get drunk faster for instance),plus we have the whole hormonal thing going on. Just a guess but why dont you ask her. I always ask my doc with questions, he complained that too much, well if I see a doc once every few months Im entitiled to I reckon.

Greetings to everyone I missed - I dont know if I will post again b4 I leave, its just the day after tomorrow. I hope you're all doing well, see you all soon. Hugs,

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 03:56:16 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

tendai

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:23 am »
netta - congrats on the windfall. mixed blessing for sure but God does work in mysterious ways.
sweetc - did your doc give  a reason why she wont prescribe atripla and sustiva? is she an HIV specialist?

mahalia - i hope the antibiotics work. and i heard cranberry juice works wonders too

viv - maybe u need different drugs or a stronger dose for your cough. i hope its nothing too serious

betty - u know what really sucks about our situation is that theres no logical reason for it.  its so obvious what needs to be done to solve our problems but the whole country is being held at ransom by a few individuals who dont want to lose their privileged thieving lifestyles and power under ZANU and we all suffer for it.  i dont know what its going to take for them to put the country first. its so frustrating.  so people just do whatever they can to survive and things just get worse and worse. i couldnt believe when people were talking of this old lady who cooked cow dung and fed it to her grandkids coz they didnt get food from their village headman who was supposed to give them.  they all died and he was arrested.

drag - i sent the leghumper an email telling to stop. if he doesnt listen i will be so rude like he's never heard before.  im getting sick of being polite to him and him not listening to me. and you're right the police will laugh me out of the station even if he is bordering on harrassment. i really wonder too where they come from or maybe im a creep-magnet! :o   Counting down the days girl, im really excited for you!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
Good Morning...cough, cough!

Netta- It's nice to hear from you. Congratulations on your new car. I totally know what you mean. Whenever I wonder where I'm going to get the money from something it just somehow all works out.

Mahalia- I'm sorry! Those infections are the worst!

BT- Wow! that is one heck of a paper! Have fun with that. Oh, I did get Mucinex but not the DM just the regular. I don't feel like it really is doing anything. I take it every night a few hours before I go to bed.

Drag- Enjoy your wedding day!!!!

Well tomorrow I go to the gyno. I don't know what stresses me out more, wondering what the doctor is going to say or having a substitue for my class! It is soooo much more work to plan for a sub. I try to avoid being absent whenever possible. Most subs that come are just ridiculous. They don't follow the plans you leave them and they let the kids get away with murder. One time a sub was reading Vogue magazine when my principal walked in. And some of these people wonder why they can't get hired as a teacher! Oh well...I just hope my kids will behave. I always tell them that should act the same way as if I was there but you know how kids are. They try to get away with certain things. I still don't really feel well. I have 2 more days of antibiotics. Shouldn't I be feeling better by now????

Have a good day!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 12:12:25 pm »
Hey ladies,

Netta, I'm so glad something came through for you financially.  And I bet you have an angelic voice.

Sweet C, I don't know why your doctor won't prescribe Atripla or Sustiva.  Some people do really well on it.  I'd ask her.

Drag, wow, only a couple days!  I'm excited and I'm not even going to be there!

Tendai, it's just disgusting what your government is getting away with.  And I'm glad you sent that creepo an e-mail.

Andrea, you should be feeling pretty good by now, I would think.  Of course, I'm no doctor.  The Mucinex DM is supposed to be for coughs.  That's what I took when I had my bout.  I'd get back ahold of your doctor if you're not feeling a lot better when you're done with your meds.

I'm just waiting for my therapist to get here.  He should be here in the next 1/2 hour.  I was going to go shopping today, but I'll wait until tomorrow.  I have a lot of anxiety about the Microecon paper.  Being that a lot of it has to be written from a business math point of view, it worries me.  I'm just not good in that.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline MplsLady76

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 10:46:41 pm »
Hello Ladies,

I hope all of you are well. As for me, I still have not found out if I got the job. I went through two interviews. I really hope I get it because it will give me the financial freedom I need. Even to the point where I can have kids.

No new men to speak of. Mostly I get emails from men over in Africa who want to meet a wife. Some are nice, but most are scary. I just hope that I will meet men in my own area, but there is not too many here in MN that use this site.

I finshed my school application and I am scheduled to return Sept 8th, 2009. I am so excited. It gives me a chance to save money.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week. I can't wait to see her. I have so much to go through.

Nothing else really going on. Again I hope all is well with each of you.

Love always

Charity
**We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with a pure mind, and Happiness will follow you, as your shadow, unshakable.**

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 11:40:33 pm »
SweetC

Given your age, that you are sexually active and planning to marry, your doctor is doing right by you not to prescribe Sustiva or a Sustiva-containing med.

This article http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1468418  will help you to understand some of the science behind her prescribing decisions. In short, your doc is doing this to avoid the risk of negatively affecting a fetus if you were to become pregnant.

Em

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:26 am »
Nothing new here.

Drag - Happy b-day! I hope your special day is all you dreamed of.

Netta - Congratulations on the windfall! God does provide! I hope you hear from the studios.

Viv - I hope the news today isn't bad. You're in my prayers.

Best wishes to all.
Amy

Offline yumyum

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 03:22:30 am »
it has been a month since mum posted!!! where is she??

tendai

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 04:55:04 am »
a whole month?!!! i just hope she's really really busy and nothings wrong..

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 07:05:34 am »
Thanks everyone for the info on Atripla/Sustiva.  That definitely makes sense.  It seems like Atripla is really popular though.

Dragonette:  Enjoy your wedding day!!!  I know everything will be beautiful.  I am so happy for you!!!!

Tendai:  I don't know the story behind the leghumper, but I hope you get that sorted out ASAP, lol!!!!!!

VivyT:  I really hope you can start to feel better and everything is o.k. at the gyno.  That cough sounds miserable!  I don't think I ever had a sub who ever made us stay on plan when I was a kid.  I know that must be frustrating for you!

Betty:  That microecon paper does not sound like fun!  I always hated econ in school.  Yuk.

Hi Charity:  Hope you get the job!!!  I know you are excited about starting school!!!

Em:  Thanks so much for the link!!!

#1 mum:  Hi!  Glad Lucas is doing better!!!

Hi yumyum!!!!!  What's up????

I got some great news about my mother, who has lung cancer.  She is responding really well to chemo.  She even has days where she is feeling good enough to move around and do stuff.   I think I'm finally starting to get over the shock of my diagnosis, and starting to get back to normal.  Now everything feels just like before, but all during the day, I just keep thinking "wow, I can't believe I'm positive."  I have decided that I am going to get on meds early at the beginning of the year, even though I'm a litle afraid of the side effects.  I want to start back working out to get in good health.  I've put on quite a few pounds in the past two months.  TGIF!!!!

Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 11:01:30 am »
Hi ladies !

Wheeeewweee what a week!

BT65: I have my fingers crossed that you pass the class!

Mahalia: Have you tried taking AZO Standard for your UTI? It doesn't get rid of the infection but it does relieve the symptoms. It is over the counter.

Vivyt: Glad that the disclosure went well! Your cough any better today?

Cindy: How is your neck doing? YOu staying at Iceman's this weekend?

Camry: Thinking of you and hope you are doing ok.

Keeping: Glad your pap came back normal. I always have abnormal ones and jump up and down if I get a normal one.

#1 Mom: That is great that Lucas is doing well!

Tendai: Did you get a piece of that yummy cake?

Netta: It is weird how things happen huh? I am happy yet sad for you at the same time. I am sure it is a wide range of emotions for you as well.

Sweet C: Great news about your mom!

Dragonette: I wish you the best on your beautiful day!

Well, it is finally Friday and my boyfriend's band debut (for the first time this year) is tomorrow night and I am really excited. I hope they don't ask me to go on stage and do my little "backup" vocals that I did on their cd. In case though, I will have a few drinks beforehand. I am taking my kiddos to a cousin's house to stay the night and Sunday my littlest one will be 3 !!!  Man how time flies. My ex (who infected me) is still texting me. His birthday was the other day and he sent a text saying his birthday wish didn't come true because I was still alive. What a weirdo. I hope he gets the help he needs soon. Well, have a good weekend!

j
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline vivyt

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 04:56:43 pm »
Good afternoon ladies! The cough is still here but I feel a little better so that is good.
I went to the gyno today to get my results and it was not good. It turns out that I have pre-cancerous cells and the doctor wants to do a cone biopsy. Basically they go in and remove a portion of the cervix in the shape of a cone. She said that they will test this and also remove the bad cells so that when the cervix regenerates itself it should come back fine. So...I have to have a little surgery which sucks but on the positive side it is good that they caught it before it became cancer. I thanked the doctor for doing the second test after the colposcopy came back fine. Had she not who knows what would have happened. I am having it done in a couple of weeks. So, that is the update.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 06:13:58 pm »
Evening ladies,

Charity, good luck on getting that job.

Yum, welcome to the forums.

Sweet C, that's great news about your mum.  I'm glad about that.  The news about being + (I see you haven't been diagnosed that long) will sink in.  Just relax and give it time.

Jenny, have fun at your bf's band debut.  About your ex, well, some people are sicker than others.

Andrea, I'm so sorry about the precancerous cells.  I hope the cone biopsy takes care of it.  Do you have a friend who's going to go with you?

I got the paper done yesterday.  Today I didn't get up until 10:00, and had to do laundry and go shopping.  Speaking of people who've been MIA, Queen hasn't been on in awhile.  Girl, if you're reading, please check in and let us know how you're doing. 

That's the news for me.  You ladies have a good evening.

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »
Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to drop by and tell you hello!!! Everythin is ok over this way!
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 11:46:57 pm »
*waves*..Well, Betty, your wish is my command. I stopped in so you wouldn't worry. Not much going on with me, just been into my video games which I tend to do from time to time. Me and Sexy got into an argument a few days ago. I hadn't spoken to him til today when he called while I was out. Not sure what is going to happen next with him. I think he has been so screwed over by a female that he doesn't trust any FEMALE, part of where our problem lies but I really don't feel like getting into it.

I went to my primary doctors today and there were so many kids and screaming, I had to leave. With me wearing hearing aids that is like someone scratching their nails on a chalkboard to me. So. I rescheduled for Monday. Still battling with the freaking gas company, they tried to tax me an extra 68 bucks on my gas bill because they did an estimate reading. Yeah, uh-huh, I called them and took my happy ass outside and read the meter for them. They are still trying to get me to pay a 230 budget billing plan that I did not agree to, so the drama continues with them.

Now you guys got me worried about Mum...Does anyone know how to get a hold of her? I'll prolly check back in in a few days. I just haven't had much to really talk about lately. I hope you all are doing well.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2008, 02:07:51 pm »
Hey all,

It sure it quiet around here.  Thanks for checking in, Queen.  I don't have the contact info for Mum, and I do hope she's alright.  Well.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAG!
Yes, today's Drag's birthday (right?).  I hope it's a happy one and you get what you want.  And congrats on your special day as well.  Is it today or tomorrow?  Can't remember. 

I might go see a movie in about an hour.  Nothing else going on.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 04:13:32 pm »
Hi GFs~

I looked in our birthday thread a few weeks ago and saw that Drag's bday is 10/18.  So is she tying the knot on her birthday?  What a weekend!  Yaaaaay Drag!   ;D

I busted ass at work again this week after they made more changes.  We are in teams of two and I helped my teammate get over the hump, so to say.  She wasn't doing any of the new work she was supposed to and had other deadlines to meet.  I did my new work that I had been trained in, as well as my old work, as well as my teammate's work.  Whew!  I am a MACHINE.  We'll see what next week brings.  Oh and PITA is still a PITA.  She's gonna crash and burn cause she's so damn stupid, spolied and simple.  Thank you, Karma.   :D

Yes, I always have Cheech with me when I go to Iceman's.  Iceman drove back from the Wild Hogs trip last Monday, from about 9am to 11pm.  He loved it!

Let's see what else?  I am driving a new route to work that gives me an opportunity to rest my neck some and go at slower speeds through some spots.  Weds - Fri were very good driving days for the first time in MONTHS.  Also, a lot of the anxiety is alleviated.  I even had enough energy to go to the store after work one night and I made it to my support group Friday night.  I couldn't believe it.  I have had no energy for months.

I am fasting right now and ready to eat my arm.  I ate breakfast at 9am and I am skipping lunch to see what this Levemir insulin is doing.  Doctor's orders.  I go see my endocrinologist on Monday to figure things out some.  It just takes time to adjust.  I found out today from my pharmacy that MADAP doesn't cover this insulin?  I am calling them Monday to bitch.  They cover other types.  Queen, do they cover your Lantus?  Also, it pisses me off that they have never covered test strips for diabetics.  How the heck are you supposed to figure out how much insulin to take if you don't use test strips?  I know, its mainly to cover HIV meds, but still......

I love this weather, but the heat needs to come on tonight, with a low of 34 expected.  Cheech and I are so much more comfortable, though!  Yes, he is snoring in the hallway.  LOL

Iceman has the kids this weekend and next, but we may all get together for our first outing next weekend.  I bought the kids Halloween treat bags with goodies in them.

I am meeting my parents tonight for dinner, something I haven't done in awhile because Mom has been tough to deal with.  I guess she has calmed her ass down some.  We'll see what tonight brings.....

I haven't checked Off-Topic but maybe we should start a thread about Mum's whereabouts?  Maybe some of the guys from AMG might have an idea?  I suppose they don't all read the Ladies Thread here and may not know our growing concern.  Maybe she's just lost service for a month?  I am worried.  :(

Also, gas was $3.11 here last week and was $2.69 at Costco Thursday night with lines around the block.  I waited and it was worth it.  Everything else in town is $2.79 and $2.89.

Lastly, but most importantly, I miss Christine and have been bummed this past week.  Friday 10/17 was one year since she passed.  God Bless you, Christine.  :)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:19:44 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 05:30:24 pm »
Awww, Happy Bday and Congrats, Drag. When the hell am I ever going to be a flower girl... ;) Um, Cindy what does MADAP stand for first of all? And all my diabetic needs are covered, test strips and my Lantus. I am still at 32 units but that may change when I see my doc on Monday. I have been bad and eating my ass off and waking up with sugars in the high 200's. Today it was back at 154 which is the norm when I have my Pepsi.

I do hope Mum is ok, maybe someone should start up a thread on her whereabouts....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2008, 08:14:50 pm »
Before anyone starts a thread about Mum, she's taking a break. We traded a couple PMs last week (and I still owe her one back - been trying to stay off the computer a bit lately because of a sore shoulder and resulting tension headaches).

As far as I know, she's still reading a bit, but keeping a low profile. Try PMing her, she may answer.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:06 am »
Oh Ann!  TY TY TY for the Mum update!  It really isn't like her to not post after being so active here, but if she's taking a break, we understand.

Thanks for letting us know, and.....

Mum, if you're reading this, we love you and miss you!

Queen, (M)ADAP stands for (Maryland) AIDS Drug Assistance Program.  I think a lot of states have ADAP if not all of them.  Normally, I would have to pay my copay at the pharmacy after using my employer's insurance, but MADAP covers the cost of the copay as a secondary insurance.  They cover my Humalog and Humulin N, but not Levemir?  Like I said, I am going to call.  I think Levemir is brand new and they might not have heard of it.

I fasted from 9am until 7pm and it wasn't as bad as I expected.....whew, glad is over, though!  My sugars stayed up just under 200, so I think doc is gonna up my dose come Monday.

I got invited to a Halloween party with old friends from HS for next Saturday.  I guess I'm semi-committed to going since I just bought an outfit online.  I am so excited cause it asked for a bonus code at check out and I didn't have one.  So, I googled the website name+bonus code and got directed to a new page with the codes!  OMG  I saved $6.00 and bought a pitchfork to go with my ensemble, lol.  Yes, I will post pics, and if I don't go to the party, I can at least wear this outfit to give out candy with, at Iceman's house.  Oooooh and I can wear it to work!  I am going to be a Devil Princess   :o  Yes, everything is covered, lol!

~Cindy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:01:22 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 07:34:45 am »
Cindy, dearest, it isn't Mum with the shoulder pain, it's me. It's from too much mouse use on the computer. I was explaining why I still owe Mum a PM. It's also because I need to dig up an old PM for Mum ... long story ... and I've got so many darned PMs in my inbox that it will take forever to find it ... I guess I'm being lazy as well as headachy.

Mum, if you're reading this, I'll try to dig that PM up you referenced in your last PM. I honestly don't remember it, so if you still have it, could you copy and paste it into a PM for me? Thanks.

xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 10:03:01 am »
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Ann.  I read your post too quickly!  Yes, that "mouseitis" can get to you after awhile.  I get it in my neck from being on the computer too much.  I hope YOU get some relief!  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 01:38:33 pm »
Afternoon all,

Ann, I hope your shoulder and head feel better.  I try not to stay on the computer too long. 

My daughter called last night and told me she's pregnant and keeping the baby.  I cannot tell you all how stressed out I am at the moment.  I told her I know she knows what makes babies by now (and so does her boyfriend).  I of course want to make everything better by having her move here into my imaginary mansion and cover her under my imaginary health insurance.  I just don't understand why she wants to keep it.  She's already given up two kids.  But, I also told her I support her in whatever she decides.  I don't want to drive a wedge between us, so what else can I do.  My stomach has been pretty upset though, lemme tell ya.

I'm going to a friend's grandson's birthday party in a few minutes.  My brother is supposed to come over tonight.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  (I'd rather just stay home in my jammee's and sleep).  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Afraid

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 07:54:17 pm »
Hello Ladies...

I feel like I have demons working against me, because I came home feeling better, just to be stressed out again. I'm not sure if I stated in my previous post that I'm receiving unemployment benefits. I tried to file my bi weekly claim today just for it to say that my claim is inactive. Not sure what that means, because I have been filing like I'm suppose to.

Now I have to try and figure out what's going on, and try and talk to my rental complex to hold off on taking me to court, because I normally combine both checks to pay my rent. I paid the majority of my rent but still owe them $259 and that's including my late fee. I just can't get a break.
I left the hospital feeling like things were going to get better for me, just to come home to this.

I'm scared, because I never been in this sort of situation before. I just needed to vent.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 09:16:42 pm »
Afraid, I would get ahold of the office that's handling your unemployment.  Through small steps, things like this can get resolved.  And if you've been a good tenant, I see no reason why your rental property wouldn't work with you.  Good luck and vent anytime.  Don't let this bring you down; it's solvable.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 12:29:18 am »
Hello Ladies!

BT- Do you have more than one daughter? I thought you have mentioned something about grandchildren...? Did your daughter place the other children for adoption? I guess, judging by your reaction, it is not a good thing that she wants to keep the baby. Hopefully she will make the best decision for the child. Hang in there. You finished your paper right?  :)

Afraid- I don't even know what to say or how to help. You can vent all you want here.

Cindy- I like your costume! I am going as, this is what the name of it is, "Naughty Wizard". It kind of looks like a girl Harry Potter. Of course, I have to make it Non-naughty for school...LOL! It's just short and sleeveless. I'll just wear a shirt underneath and leggings or tights. I LOVE dressing up for Halloween.

I spent the entire day catching up on all my grading. BORING!!! I am happy to say that my coughing is going away...YAY! I still have a little left but no where near as bad as it was.

Monday morning looms close ahead....I better go to bed.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 12:35:58 am »
Just checking in..Been in bed all day, sick. Has doc appointment tomorrow. Cute costume, Cindy. I use to get into Halloween but since I live alone, what's the point?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

tendai

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 04:05:50 am »
hi ladies

drag - i hope u had a great weekend with the wedding and the birthday!

viv - at least they caught the thing in time. i hope the procedure works - good luck. and im glad your cough is clearing up.  i remember the lady who worked for us when we were kids, she'd boil guava leaves and chopped up lemons and make us drink the foul water. it really worked for coughs.

queen - hi, good to hear from u. i hope u're feeling better now

afraid - sorry about your situation.  i hope u can work out somthing.   sending u a hug..

BT - must be stressful huh.  maybe its the fact that she gave up 2 kids that makes her want to keep this one. im glad u're there 4 her anyhow

cindy - your costume looks like fun!

tre - hi girl, long time no see. what u been up to?

ann - thanks for the update of mum. hope your shoulder gets better soon

jenny - how did the concert go? did u sing after all?  your ex is f**ked up saying what he did about his birthday wish not coming true. just ignore him. and no i havent had the cake, i knew i'd chicken out...

had an uneventful weekend, spent Friday evening with an ex who's made me realise that i really dont want to be involved with him again.  mr creepo/leghumper sent text messages saying "hi honey what what"  which i ignored.  shyguy is too broke to call me! even if he is cake i have the feeling if i go down that road its going to end up bad. thats why i wont call him anymore, wont llisten to my hormones anymore..
my sister (the one i who'd visited with her son) she's gone and left her in'-laws place. shes staying with my aunt now. which is good coz she was living in a really horrid place where she was always in the dust/mud.  she'll stay there until her husband comes home from Botswana and takes her to a better place of their own. im just glad im single and dont have to deal with situations i dont have to be in such as hers.

better get back to work now. catch u on the rebound..

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 09:35:37 am »
Hey ladies droppin back in again!! It is cold as an  icebox here at night now lol...but anyway I am happy to see all of my sisters doing well here,

Tendai I have been do the whole volunteer advocate thing and getting ready to pass my crown off to another lucky woman while I argue with a a few hypocritical people who have a great plan on how to educate the community but still really dont have a clue at times.

But my daughter is doing well as my mommy is too!!

I will be back soon!! LOve and peace to everyone!!
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.