Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:05:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Labs....Finally!  (Read 4512 times)

Offline Dennis

New Labs....Finally!
« on: September 02, 2006, 04:31:09 pm »
I finally broke down and went to the Dr. two weeks ago to have lab work.  The last time I saw a Dr. was March of 2005.  My adherence hasn't been that great, so I wasn't expecting the best of news.  I was pleasantly surprised though. 

Back in 2005 my numbers were 357 copies, 49 t-cells/3.8%.

Today I stand at <50 copies and 306 t-cells/20.4%.

The only number I'm concerned about was my Bilirubin which was 4.5.  Doc pointed out that it was a little high
but didn't seem to concerned about it, and actually said it was pretty normal for the meds that I'm on (Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada).

I know their not the best numbers in world and would probably be better if my meds adherence was consistent, but I'm estatic to say the least.  This is a big jump compared to when I was in the hospital with PCP 3 1/2 years and less than 20 t-cells and a viral load off the chart. 

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
Re: New Labs....Finally!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 04:49:33 pm »

Dennis, This is great! ;D

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 04:54:25 pm »
I am very happy for you! But I would be even happier if you improved your adherence...Imagine how good your next counts could be!  ;)
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 05:05:23 pm »
Hello Dennis, this is Eldon. It is good news to hear that your T-cell count as well as your percentage has increased considerably. I love good news. Your meds are working for you. Congratulations!

In the meantime, continue your current diet, get plenty of exercise, drink plenty of fluids, and most of all, continue to get your proper rest and don't sweat the small stuff. You do not need any additional stress in your life.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 06:29:18 pm »
Dennis

HOLY COW!   :o

That's great news!  Congrats buddy.  Now, just keep working on the adherence issue!  UHUM!

RAB

(Who is very happy for Dennis!)

Offline Dennis

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 06:44:37 pm »
LOL!  Well, I was on a high for a bit anyways.  I quit my job this past Wednesday and I had their health coverage and intended on taking the Cobra option.  I just got back from Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions and they told me my coverage was discontinued as of 8/31/06.  I haven't received anything form my employer regarding Cobra yet.  I thought there was a grace period or sometime of madated time so there was no lapse in coverage?  So, so much for my adherence as I won't be able to get anything accomplished until Tuesday.  This makes absolutely no sense seeing they took out my premium on my paycheck yesterday.
This can't be right!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 07:00:11 pm »
Dennis,

If I were you I'd call your personell department on Tuesday and get some answers. Usually, when a policy is up for it's expiration, the policy holder will notify you by mail. Check in to it!

Have the BEST Day!

Offline Blixer

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 08:35:49 pm »
Dennis,
Unless the organization you worked for falls unders some sort of exception, you should be offered the opportunity to continue health coverage under the Cobra.  That should give you up to 18 months.  And generally, health insurance benefits are paid "forward" so the payment withheld from your check should have at least covered you through the length of the next pay period.  I agree with Eldon, get ahold of the personnel dept. on Tuesday and find out what is going on.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 10:44:00 pm »
Dennis,

You might want to contact your insurance company this weekend -- they should have someone working.  Make sure that the pharmacy and whoever they talked with (assuming they did speak with someone and didn't rely on a computer) didn't get it wrong.  Also -- see if the pharmacy will give you a few days of meds to get you over the next few days -- even if you have to pay for them.  Let's keep the lab numbers moving in the right directions!  Do you know anyone around you taking the same meds??  If you were near Richmond, VA, I'd give you a few of my Reyataz and Truvada

Mike

Offline Dennis

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 11:06:26 pm »
Thanks Everyone.  I did try to call United Healthcare but they are closed due to the Holiday.  The automated recording gave me the same information...that my coverage ended 8/31/06, the day after I quit.  According to the company benefits, they do offer Cobra coverage, so I'm not sure why the discontinued my coverage.  I know they were pissed when I left, but...This is just very typical of this company and even talked to an attorney this past Thursday about a few incidents I encountered and what caused me to quit.  The pharmicist did offer to sell me a few day supply.  I just chuckled though, thinking about how expensive 3-4 days worth of meds would be. 

I'm not gonna worry about it and just deal with it on Tuesday.  Not much more I can do. 

Thanks for the offer Mike!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.