Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 675
Total: 675

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 3990 times)

Offline RobertFL

Worried
« on: November 07, 2009, 12:23:39 pm »
I have a question... Me meds supposed to arrieve today but when I went to the post office the said they dont have nothing for me, If I have good luck on Monday...

How bad its be without meds for two days? I have to tell it to my docto on the next visit?  I take Atripla every nigh.

thanks for your time...
Robert

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:58:06 pm »
With some of the meds missing a dose or two is not as big of a deal, with some it is. It has to do with the "half life," or how long they stay in your system.

Luckily for you, Atripla is one of the combos where it's OK to miss one dose, even two because the drugs involved stay in your system for a couple of days after stopping. More than two days off I would worry but up to two days maximum you are probably fine.  I'd have to re-read the specifics of the study but I believe it applies to those who are already undetectable. If there is a viral load it might not be a good idea.

Below is a link for the FOTO study that looked at taking Atripla "Five days On, Two days Off"

LINK:

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/2008icr/hiv9/docs/111808_a.html

It's a good idea to order med refills as early as possible so that one can build up a small supply of extra meds for when these kinds of things happen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:27:08 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline RobertFL

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 07:22:16 pm »
Thanks for the link Inchlingblue..... I really appreciate.

Robert

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:38:03 am »
Thats very intresting any follow up data ? thanks.
jan 06 neg
dec 08 pos cd4 505 ,16%, 1,500vl
april 09 cd4 635 ,16%,60,000
july 09 ,cd4 545,17%,80,000
aug 09,hosptal 18days pneumonia cd190,225,000,15%
1 week later cd4 415 20%
nov 09 cd4 591 ,vl 59,000,14%,started atripla
dec 09  cd4 787, vl 266, 16%
march 2010  cd4 720 vl non detectable -20  20%
june 2010  cd4  680, 21%, ND

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 07:35:35 am »
Robert, make sure you don't take more than two days off max since that could be a problem. If by any chance they don't arrive Monday, I recommend you do everything you can to get a hold of a few pills to tide you over.

tommy, I'm not aware of any follow-up, below is a link to Dr. Gallant talking about it:

http://www.thebody.com/content/confs/ias2009/art53122.html#foto

Offline RobertFL

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:55:29 am »
I will be on my way to the Clinic tomorrow morning, trust me...

Have a good day!

Offline RobertFL

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:47:08 pm »
Hello guys,

finally have my meds. ;D  The next step its verify the CD4 an VL the next week to see if everything its working right...so wich me luck...

Robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.