Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:46:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 467
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV in the blood is genetically different than HIV in the brain  (Read 4806 times)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: HIV in the blood is genetically different than HIV in the brain
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:46:31 am »
Interesting study. While still somewhat preliminary, it could offer some insight into AIDS demential and maybe even the "brain fog" so many of us experience.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline T79

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 09:36:24 pm »
True.
I am just a little upset that 25 years later and we are still only scratching the surface. Tells you just how much those in charge care. Let's throw way hundreds of billions of dollars on personal wars and spend peanuts on the life saving research. I bet had this virus been transmitted through air we would have had a cure 10 years ago. They just found vaccine for the deadly bird flu. Oh well. One day at a time I guess.
Be well.
T

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 11:06:00 am »
duhhhhhhhhh?   ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline T79

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 06:50:14 pm »
With all due respect kcmetroman, but your reply is rather rude. Not the kind of understanding you would expect from someone on this forum.
Just a thought.
T

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 09:04:34 am »
I bet had this virus been transmitted through air we would have had a cure 10 years ago. They just found vaccine for the deadly bird flu.

I think this had to do more with who was affected than how.  Even today because 1 case of west niles virus is found it made the news, unfortunetly the same isn't said for every 100 cass of HIV.
Cheers
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 10:00:15 am »
I was implying of my dementia, T.  No offense intended.  I have first hand experience, and memories that are just coming back to me.  It brings me to tears.

I meant no disrespect in any form.

Offline T79

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 12:08:21 pm »
Sorry Kcmetroman,
I jumped to conclusions too fast - and feel foolish now.
For some reason I thought your reply was regarding my thoughts on little progress on the HIV front in quarter of a century. And how obvious it is.
Be well!
T

Offline T79

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 12:17:59 pm »
Yes that's a sad truth Johnny,
Also, STDs are not a sexy topic for a conversation by a water cooler, being fully preventable most of the time.
West nile can strike anyone without warning.
Be well!
T
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:45:12 pm by T79 »

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 01:38:04 pm »
West nile can strike anyone without warning.

My problem (with the media and gov't ) is that when west nile started  making the headlines as the new pandemic it really only hit about a very small population. I don't think 50 people have died from this.
Yet here in NY resources went into getting helicopters to spray us with what I said was god knows what to kill mosquitoes. Soon after that trees in my neighborhood, which are many, lost all their leaves. Coincidental?

Also, STDs are not a sexy topic for a conversation by a water cooler
I can't help but think of the ballyhoo made of the Olsen girl with her battle over her weight only to find out it was cocaine.
Cheers
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.