Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:01:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 214
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part IX - Fanciful, Fits and Futures  (Read 57503 times)

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
Re: Dating Thread Part IX - Fanciful, Fits and Futures
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2007, 09:28:07 pm »
NY, good luck getting the help you need to raise your child. On the upside, the military is great about making sure they hold up to their responsibilities. I had a friend whose ex husband was in the service. If he was ever behind on child support, one phone call to his Lt got him straightened out very quickly.

Queen, looks like our boys play at Philly next week. Glad to hear that you don't plan to go to blows with Rico's ex, though it sounds like she could use a lick or two. ;) I think it is sad that so many resort to that...and usually over the silliest things.
08/13/07 - Diagnosis confirmed
08/30/07 - T-cells 400, VL 6,500 (Baseline)
11/30/07 - T-cells 428, VL 9,950

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 06:04:05 am »
Ny, glad you're posting here more.  Wow, so you found out you were poz almost when you found out you were pregnant.  I'm so glad they're made the advances they have in women with the virus who are pregnant.  Now you don't have to worry so much about having a baby with HIV.  And I do hope the father takes care of this child the way he's supposed to and doesn't screw around.  It sounds like Confused knows something about people in the military taking care of their kids.  So hopefully things won't go too bad.  And yes, it always helps to have someone in your corner with some power who knows what you're going through (the legal person).  That can only work to your advantage. 

As for me, I'm smoking right now.  I'm not going to chastize myself over it.  It's better than what I could be doing.  You know, in the past, I would've quit school, quit my job, gotten strung out on something and played the "poor me" game.  I'm so glad that, even though it's quite challenging, I don't do that now.  I know how much I can handle.  And I know what I'm capable of.  The algebra is driving me kind of crazy.  Right now we're covering "domains of functions" and I haven't a clue on how to do that.  If anyone does, please pm me.  Cin, do you know how to do these?  I've asked two people already who had to take some sort of math in college (people with their master's) and they can't remember.  So I might just have to e-mail my teacher and see if she can meet me early tomorrow night or something. 

I don't plan on smoking for a long stretch.  My sister called me last night and was telling me how she went over to check on my father and he couldn't breathe very well.  She had him use his nebulizer a few times, but he refused to go to the hospital.  The reason he did is because he knew they would admit him and then he wouldn't be able to smoke.  It's so bizarre, choosing smoking over breathing.  That's how much these things can get ahold of a person.  I don't want to end up like that, and I don't know a lot of people who can successfully smoke and not end up with some sort of breathing issue.

Anyway, happy Halloween!  Queen, what will you be doing today?  Will you be celebrating in any particular way?  I hope all of you ladies have a happy one.  Today is hump day.  Only two more days!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

tendai

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 06:12:25 am »
hey ladies
men will be our downfall if not the death of us. WTF is wrong with them?
NY i wish u the best of luck with your baby. dont let that so-and -so off the hook, he must help with the upkeep and all. he might be living a eat-drink-and-be-merry-for-tomorrow-we-die lifestyle but dont let it mess up yours and your baby's lives.
Queen, u preparing to go war with Rico's ex? if it were me i'd run fast the other way baby-mama-drama is a bit too much for me. i'd always feel sidelined. or maybe i'm the selfish type who wants her man all to herself..
Betty, i really hope u stop smoking soon. i dont smoke myself, never got that enjoyment that smokers talk about, i'm more of a passive smoker i like the aroma of everest menthol. i found it impossible to inhale while smoking so i gave up. and also my doctor advised me not when i got diagnosed. and good luck with the algebra!!

Offline camille07

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007, 07:52:37 am »
Hey ladies-

I've been reading the posts, but just quiet lately.  I went through a very dark period in the last few days, which can be exhausting and counter productive.

Happy Halloween!

hugs,

Cammie

tendai

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2007, 08:11:18 am »
sorry to hear that Cammie.  hope its all better now.

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:09 am »
Thanks all for your support

Betty~~ I understand your stresses. I myself am a student and it’s hard!! Don’t beat yourself up over smoking. Take things one day at a time. I just hope  you can cut back or try to quit again soon. it’s a hard habit to break (I was a smoker once) but getting rid of the cigs will benefit your health. I don’t want to preach because I know how hard it is.  We are all human and fall off track sometimes. I hope  the stresses of school work ease up a bit for you. I’m feeling them too, but depending on where you go to school theres not much left to the semester. Best of luck!!

Tendai~ I agree with you.  Men will be our downfall!!!! Haha

Cammie~~ Sorry to hear about your “dark period” I think we’ve all been there. Keep your head up, no matter what things always do get better!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2007, 11:00:03 am »
Hi GFs~

Cam~  I'm sorry you've been feeling down, but I'm glad you checked in.  Hang in there, ok?

BT~  You're right when you put it into perspective, you could be doing a lot worse things than smoking.  Would it help to set a date to quit again, or just wait until the pack is done?  Maybe make it last and smoke fewer each day?

NY~  I don't know what to say.  You and I are both poz but the paths our lives have taken us down are very different.  Just know that I will try to be supportive when I can.

Queen~  I have to agree with Cristy and Tendai on Rico.  When I read that he cut the date short to get diapers for someone else's kid?  Hell-O?  Red flag.....He may be fun to date, but already it sounds like you are going to have to step way back and not expect much from this guy.  It sounds like he may have his priorities mixed up and has a hard time saying "no" to anyone, not sure just yet.

I got my vacuum Sunday before the Skins got their asses whooped, lol!  I haven't used it yet, way too tired to vacuum, besides, no one is coming over, I don't even have a couch!   :D   I have a date for this Friday with a new guy.  He wanted to take me out tonight, but I am kind of sentimental about this Halloween, thinking I wouldn't even be living here this Fall.  So, since I'm here, I figure I would do my part and give out candy while the rugrats fall into my flower box out front!  LOL  I dressed up as a Mouseketeer last year, I might do that again tonight, but its pretty cold, so I may just bundle up.

So, the new guy, I have to think of a nickname for him.  Hmmmm, maybe "Iceman" since he plays ice hockey and loves to watch the sport.  We have talked on the phone every other day it seems, and I have been tired, having to end the conversation sometimes.  He's fun to talk to, upbeat, good sense of humor, but its almost like he is a friend, yikes!  But wait, isn't that how its supposed to start?  So, crazy me, I agreed to a date during my Friday group session, which I haven't missed since I started going on 9/14.  I may go to group for an hour and then cut across town to meet Iceman for the date.  I am nervous because he is newly divorced and I don't think he has dated anyone yet.  Yes, he's HIV-, so way to go Cindy, might be scaring the shit out of another one.  He is a Scorpio like me, so maybe there will be some chemistry.  He's really a family man, thinks the world of his kids, and seems to have good balance in his life.  He wants to take me to a really nice restaurant.  I tried to back down, I always do that, but he insisted, so it should be a nice time.

Jay has stayed in touch almost every day via IM which has been nice.  He's been busy every weekend pretty much, but maybe he'll ask me out again.  I think he will.  He called this morning briefly when the IM didn't work for him, I can't remember the last time I spoke with him, its all been IM.  Maybe it was the night I disclosed on 10/17?

Been speaking to another guy in Annapolis who is pos and also has HepC.  He really wants to meet me but has been going through a lot of crap concerning custody of one of his kids.  He hasn't started taking meds but is supposed to.  I think I have been a good influence on him, trying to encourage him to get things in order.  He is very intelligent, but has a lot on his plate right now.  It will settle down soon, from what I can see.  He wants to take me on a boat ride on the Bay.  Guess I'd better get my parka ready, lol!

Off to see my diabetic doc today, and I haven't written down any of my sugars.  Maybe I should do that.  I am also going to ask about this cold thing and see what he says.  I didn't take cold meds this morning and I'm doing pretty good, but still congested.

More soon!  Happy Halloween!

~ Cindy

HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline srmn98

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2007, 11:50:02 am »
Hi Everybody,

Happy Halloween !!!  I don't think I am doing anything tonight, but I did go to a friend's party last Saturday and had lots of fun. :)

Lots of stories going on here ... since I'm just getting to know everybody it is hard to keep everything straight !!!

Cindy -- I like the name Iceman. sweet. :) It is nice when they insist on taking you to dinner, right ? :) Have fun and I hope he turns out to be a really nice guy.

Cammie -- hope you pull out of the dark period .... sounds like by posting you already are ....

Queen --  I love reading your posts and am curious about Rico. He sounds confused ....  but he's a man, right ?  ;)  (just kidding !)

Anyway ... busy day at work so this is just a quick post. My man and I had a long talk over the weekend and are trying to lift some of the pressure and expectations of our relationship. We are trying to just enjoy being together and not worry too much about what will or will not happen. It has been really powerful -- ever since we laid it all out on the table, things have been a lot lighter, a lot happier. So .. now I just have to keep reminding myself to live one day at a time, in the moment, etc. It helps me feel more grounded.

Take care,

Sara

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2007, 12:56:26 pm »
Hey Cin~~ Well first of all god luck with your date. I hope all goes well. As for our lives taking different paths I can understand where your comming from and I thank you for your support as I will offer mine when needed aswell. I think with that being said all of us women have had or are having different experiances and are at different places in our lives. Thats the thing about this Virus, it doesn't matter who you are what you have done or where you are going. It truly doesn't discriminate. But it is the one common thread we all share.

Queen~~ back to your situation with Rico. It seems to me theres too much attachment between himself and the baby momma still. I'm not one to tell others what I think they should do but what advice I will give is, go into this with open eyes. Try and see the reality of his situation and don't put up with being 2nd best to anyone! I hope things work out for you no matter what you choose to do about Rico.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2007, 01:22:25 pm »
Happy Halloween, Ladies....Not sure what I am going to do for today yet. I have an appointment with my ID doc today. I am hoping that I will get good news. I know my viral load will not be back in time but am hoping that my cd4 has gone up some, 2 months ago it was 215 and I started the Atripla. But I have noticed that I don't sleep as much and I have been feeling pretty good. So let's just hope that is a good sign. Being that Halloween is a Pagan holiday, I will more than likely do something. My roomie will be handing out candy to the Bebe's of the neighborhood, hell bad as they have been during the summer, the little rugrats don't deserve any damn candy. Bah Humbug, I say...... ;D

Yep, Rico did get pampers for someone else's kid. I had a tude about it but he is a nice guy and doesn't know how to say no..I think the problem with the ex is that she was the first one he had sex with and you know how that goes. So, she feels like she has some sort of pussy control over him, sorry for being crude with it. But last I knew he hadn't had any in over 2 years from anyone so she is probably leading him on more than anything. Now Your Majesty's poonani has gotten reviews for being the bomb but it has been 2 years since it has seen any action. But in all honesty, I am not trying to play the sex card right now and am really taking things slow, like at a turtle's pace slow. He did call me yesterday and we talked for a few. He wants to get together tomorrow sometime but he said he would call to confirm on Thursday, so I think he learned something from me talking to him about not calling.

What I have realized in the short period of time is that I am not sure that I want to be in a relationship. I think I have gotten independent and set in my ways and sometimes I think if I invest in a relationship that I will lose that independence. I guess I want my cake and eat it too. I want to be able to be with someone but on my terms, I know that sounds selfish but that is kinda how I am feeling. I want a guy who can hold his own, not automatically want to shack up with me which seems to have happened with every guy I have ever been involved with. I feel like I need my space and I like how things are now with my roomie. We have no issues and get along without a hitch. We respect each other's space and each other. Maybe it's because we are both Capricorns..... ;D

I also think disclosure is playing a part in this too. For those of you who don't know, disclosure has been a terrible experience for me except for when I disclosed to my room mate who accepted it w/o question. Short version, my sisters went out of their way to disclose my status w/o giving me the chance to do so and because of that I lost a few people in my life, including my husband, our marriage lasted 6 months but have been apart for 6 years. Anyhoo, not that I am in a rush to tell Rico just yet since I am feeling him out. But I can't stop thinking about when the time comes and we get intimate. As of today, I am not sure what I would do. I know it would be protected sex but it goes back to the disclosure thing. I know the right thing would be to disclose but I am afraid of the rejection, I guess that is pretty much it. But I may just be worrying for nothing because who knows how things may turn out. One thing I do know is that he doesn't have an issue with wearing condoms, found that out after watching a Valtrex commercial... ;D

Sara-- It seems like most do like reading my posts and I appreciate that. I am just a very outspoken person and I say what's on my mind or from the heart. I try to be funny at times because who doesn't need a good laugh from time to time.

Cindy--- Iceman, huh. That handle sounds like he's a hitman... :D But Iceman was also a comic book hero with the X-Men. Just thought I would throw a little tv trivia your way.... ;) Just imagining you as a mouseketeer.... ;D Even if you don't have any furniture, you need to try the vacuum out. Are you looking for furniture on freecycle? Throw a WANT out there. I haven't been able to snag anything lately, kinda hard since I have no car at the moment.

Cammie--- Hey, good to see you. I hope Halloween pulls you out of the funk you've been in.

Tendai--- The drama really doesn't affect me at all. I just can spot the games she is playing with him. Since we are just getting to know each other, I don't feel it is my place to speak to him on it. I do get to voice my opinion to my girl who is his ex's sister, so she usually runs some type of interference to her sister or tries to show Rico how her sister is playing him. Now remember that Rico is still shy regardless of the fact that we both like watching wrestling, so usually I am the one to engage in conversation first. But even that has gotten better.

Betty--- Sorry to hear that your father is being stubborn again. I just don't understand why he will not accept the help of a home nurse since he hates going to the hospital and being admitted. I feel for you and your siblings.

It's getting to be about that time for me to get ready for my doc appointment. I will check back in later with at least my cd 4 results. I had to pee in a cup too which he usually doesn't ask for so I have to see what that was all about. Have a good day ...... :-* :-* :-* :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 02:22:03 pm »
GQ~  "poonani" is cracking me up over here, lol!  You had to pee in a cup most likely for a kidney function, maybe cause of the new meds.

I yelled at some punkass out front of my house who had his Crown Vic backed in with the trunk open.  He didn't hear me until I was right behind him in my bathrobe yelling for the third time.  His subwolfers were shaking my house and I don't tolerate that shit -- at all.  I take your tag, hunt you down, figure out where you live and call the police next time.  He was in a visitor spot so I TOLD him, did not ask him, to turn it down or go somewhere else.  He didn't say a word, damn punkass.  Why couldn't he be blasting "Peace Sells" by Megadeth instead?  It IS Halloween!

Grrrrrrr!

More later, I might wear my bat earrings and spooky hat with the spider hanging off of it tonight, instead.

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 05:08:15 pm »
Well, I found out that I had to pee in the cup to check for syphillis and gonerhea or however you spell it..Of course the viral load wasn't back yet. My cd4 went up from 215 to 265 for being on meds since 9/13 but I just feel disappointed, I thought it would've been better. I wrote more in a thread in the Living With section...I'll check back in later.... :-\
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline aserenityseeker

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2007, 05:09:14 pm »
Hi ladies, Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have read the new thread to catch up. Have been busy this week with my dad having surgery to remove a blood clot in his leg and groin areas. He had his right leg amputated earlier this year. He is doing OK tho.  I am going to have dinner and go trick or treating with my family. My sister has an 8 year old daughter and a 12 year old son , both I adore. I have fun with them and enjoy them as my daughter is 21 now and lives in San Francisco going to college. She will be home in a few weeks for an early turkey day.  I am going well emotionally and able to leave the house more which is good for me  :-X I have my Vegas trip which starts Sunday and I will be back Tuesday so cant wait. Seeing Cirques " Love" at the Mirage and also seeing physic Silvia Brown at Excalibur. Got a great room rate $61 so cant beat that. I have gone to Vegas alone before but never to any shows alone so new one for me. I go to movies alone a lot so kinda the same.  I got to lead an AA meeting last night at the woman's stag here and it was really great. I chose Ego/Pride as the topic. I needed to hear what others had to share on the topic. helps me a lot.

Bye for now. Dawn
Positive since: 1993
T-cells: 543
Viral load: Undetectable
Meds: Truvada & Kaletra

Positive, Alive and Seeking Serenity :)

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2007, 06:07:35 pm »
Happy Halloweeen everybody!!

I have had a hell of a day, I wanted to write eariler but I didn't have time, stayed at work till after 20.00 and since I slept very few hours, I am off to bed now. Hope you all have a great evening. Hang in there...

Catch you later ladies,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2007, 06:53:23 am »
Good morning ladies,

Well, another day.  I'm really sick right now.  It started right after work.  My temp today is 100.4 and my throat is soar, stuffed up nose etc.  I probably shouldn't go to work but I will probably drag my ass in there.  I will probably also start taking my Bactrim twice a day instead of the usual once a day.  I'll probably call my doc this morning also to see if they can get me in sometime today.  One thing I've learned is to not let things get out-of-hand when a temp's involved. 

Cin, Iceman, eh?  Cute.  So, did you dress up for Halloween?  On my way to school last night I saw kids out trick-or-treating and there were some pretty cute costumes.  I haven't dressed up in years.  The last time I did it was for an NA costume dance.  I hope your "cold" is doing better.  Please take care of yourself.

Queen, don't stress about the CD4 count.  It takes them awhile to creep back up there.  Back in '94, my CD4 count was like 10 and it took about four years for it to break 200.  I don't know what it is at this moment, but the last test I had I think it was in the 500's.  Your viral load has most likely come way down.  You haven't felt sick at all lately have you?  Usually we see changes in our viral load first before our T-cells go up any significant amount.  Thank God for the new meds!  If this was in the days of AZT, ddI and ddC, we'd all be in more trouble than we already get ourselves into. ;)  Anyway, don't despair.  Do you know when the viral load will be back?  Oh, hey, did you do anything for Halloween?  And isn't today something, some sort of holiday?  All Hollow's Day or something?  It seems like I heard something like that on the radio on the way home from school. 

Cammie, great to hear from you.  Whenever you're ready to talk, we're here to listen.  Or pm me if you'd like.  I do hope you're going to pull out of that dark period soon.  We all do go through those times, so know that you're not alone, ever. 

Anyone I've missed, I apologize.  I hope you all are doing good.  I'm still debating on whether or not to go to work or just try to go to the docs.  More later-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2007, 08:00:10 am »
Hello ladies. Hope everyone is well. Had last night off work and robert and i went out trick or treating. He was a Fire Chief. We went to town hall and he got to "put out" a real fire. We had lots of fun and got lots of candy. I will hand it out a little at a time.     Betty, hope you get to feeling better. Queen, hope that everything works out well with Rico. He may have potential but I hope you are careful. You are THE QUEEN, you deserve the best.                                     Sara, nice to hear from you.                                        ML, hope Iceman works out well                            I put up a new picture on the profiles so maybe that will heat things up. I will take it back down in a couple days.    Take care, must go do laundry. Later, Cristy                   

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2007, 10:51:50 pm »
Howdy Girls...Not much to report really...My viral load was still not available so I will have to call on Monday. I can now only get my Atripla filled every 23 days because they cost too much..More on that in my thread in the Living With section...

Basically I am just unwinding after being poked by needles 3 times this week. My arm is a bit sore from the flu shot and my butt from the depo shot. I thought that qualified me to have a Corona along with the good green. We actually got a case but we gave our girl a 6 pack and we will have company tomorrow including Rico so the rest will prolly be knocked off then.

I am seeing a few of you ladies aren't feeling too well. I hope you get better soon. I think with Cindy it was allergies and I think Betty has a sinus infection along with bronchitis...Eww, what a combo, maybe it's because of the change in the weather. I have been sniffling but I guess that is because I got caught in the rain last night.

That's about it for me. After wrestling, going to watch 30 days of Night. I remember Iggy said it was good so after watching I will prolly give my critique in my movies thread in Off Topic. Have a good night everyone... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2007, 10:57:54 pm »
Wow! I guess I better keep up with the posting. Too much has gone in since I last checked in.  :) I have been very busy the last couple of weeks. I am a teacher and this is the time of year when things start to get crazy. Halloween really wiped me out.

It seems like everyone is doing OK. I myself am feeling much better. I think I just hit a rough patch which is bound to happen. I don't really have anything much to add. I have been feeling tired lately but that could just be  the job. I just went in for some blood work and I am hoping that  my count has continued to go up. We shall see...talk to you all later!

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2007, 12:17:33 am »
Hi all. We took the kiddo trick or treating last night. I was too tired to log in but I wish I had anyway. I feel so behind. Not much else going on right now. Work has me worn out. I work in retail and the first of the month is always busy plus it was truck day. I'll check in tomorrow after I rest up and cash my check.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2007, 07:49:19 am »
Good morning ladies:

Yes, I am pretty sick.  I started running a fever Wednesday along with hacking and blowing up some pretty rancid shit. So I went to the doctor's yesterday and he told me I have a sinus infection along with bronchitis and to top it all off, a little of the stomach flu.  So he wrote me off work until Monday.  Yesterday my fever hit 101.6, then last night before I had to go to class it was 100.4.  I really didn't feel like going to class, but our classes are only eight weeks long, so if one class is missed, there's a big hole and it's almost impossible to catch up.  Especially last night's class, as it was my algebra class.  Yuck!  Anyway, the doc prescribed me an antibiotic and asked me if I wanted him to give me something for the cough/blowing.  I told him thank you, but no.  Those kind of things make my heart pound, so I declined.  I'm sure it will start clearing up.  I'm going to up my water intake also and start on some vitamin C. 

Cin has been rather quiet the last couple of days.  Are you still with us lady?  And how about Drag, Cammie, Em etc.?  I miss people when they don't post regularly.  I understand, we've all got things going on in our lives.  OK, on with the day-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2007, 09:05:08 am »
Hi Betty

I am sorry to hear... get well soon, take care of yourself this weekend, I understand why you wouldn't want to miss class, but time off work is a good idea...

I am OK, I have had 4 back to back appts at the hospital so missed a ton of work too. One good thing about this job, no one cares when I come, go or leave, so I get into no trouble at all keeping all these appts. It's just my responsibility to do this job well but where or how I do it is my biz. I can say the last months I have been really lax. Life caught up with me, the reality of living with this disease. I have let work go, and I am trying to get back in, and it aint always easy, esp now that I have to do a lot of boring mechanical stuff (gathering and categorizing data). But no complaints here, the last 2 years have been so trying, there is no way I would've lasted in another job.

This is the good side of the work, the bad side is ppl are very ambitious and competetive, and often harsh and criticizing, and I really have no energy for overachieveing right now. I'd just rather float downstream.

I saw a neaurologist and he confirmed that I am losing the sensation on my feet so he wants to run an EMG, I am waiting for the appt. I hate that here, they don't lat you make your own, just send you a letter, and what if you are unavailable or away? Esp at the hospital, they act like if you have some problem, than you have to be 100% fulltime sick. I saw an eye doctor, everything is fine with my eyes (phew). I saw the ID doc. and I saw a gynecologist, I went with my BF and we discussed having a baby and the method used. But we are not starting anything yet. I'd like to, and then I am terrified b/c nothing will be the same again. I don't see myself going back home, although there is the horrible feeling that my parents will grow old alone, I just can't face the country right now. Then again, I want to spend the rest of my life with BF and he with me, we both know that but having a child would really make it official, even more than marriage. And now he is applying for jobs anywhere in Europe so who knows where we will end up, but probabaly eventually in Spain, for good, and that is so scary to admit that I will not be going back to take care of my parents when they need me. Esp since my brother also left (to another country than me). So I just try not to think about it and just live day by day, but it's scary.

That's a little bit about what I'm going thru and why I am keeping quiet. It's at times when I face my fears head-on such as writing this post that I want to smoke badly.

Queen I hope you have a nice evening with Rico and the rest, I like corona too but I stopped drinking now on the new meds as well (easier than stopping smoking since I didn't do that often). Hope you two get the time to know each other with no interference, urgent request etc.

Cin, I hope you're not writing b/c you're having a great time with Jay... I hope all is OK with you

Cristy, I'm glad you had a great Halloween and also what you wrote that you are thinking about dating your friend who's ok with you being poz, that's just awsome.

Cammie, there is light at the end of the tunnel... pls feel free to PM me if you want a shoulder.

Viv, i am so glad to know you're better.
Everyone else, Em, Tendai, Sara, Confused, I am thinking of you... hugs
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:31:37 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2007, 11:08:37 am »
Just doing a drive by before I get my day of running errands started. Sorry to hear you are sick, Betty. That fever doesn't sound good at all. Have you been taking tylenol and applying cold compresses? Maybe that will help. Not sure what is going on with Cindy, I left her an IM last night on Yahoo, will leave her another asking her to check in.

That's it for now or I'll never leave. I will try to get back here before company arrives tonight.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2007, 11:25:03 am »
Hi GFs~

BT get better!  Don't push it going into work and school if you have a fever!

I am fine, Queen posted while I was catching up.  Here's why I've been gone, its kinda funny!  LOL

I was in the shower yest at 330pm and heard this horrible noise.  It was the smoke alarm in the hallway!  I have lived here 14 years and it has never gone off before.  So, I wrap my wet hair in a towel, get my robe on and try to calm Cheech down, who is running in circles upstairs.  The noise was deafening!  I didn't smell smoke, grabbed my phones and made my way to the basement to call my Dad where it was quieter.  I spoke with his manager and while I did the alarm kinda got "garbled" sounding -- it wasn't a steady impending doom noise anymore, so I thought the battery was dying.  I made it to the breaker box and flicked the switch.  Ahhhhh, the damn thing shut up, but I had no lights and no working outlets on the top floor of my house last night! 

Turns out there is no battery in this hardwired smoke alarm and its probably got 24 years of gunk inside of it that was making it go off sporadically yest.  My father came by this morning with a ladder, cause the damn thing is right above the stairwell, and he disconnected the alarm.  So, now I have power upstairs and my computer can be used again!  Yay!

What a pain in the ass that all was last night!  I finally DID use my new vacuum, in the dark, at the top of the stairs, trying to clean off any dust or gunk that was in and around the alarm.  I was exhausted.

I have my Iceman date tonight and we are both pretty excited.  Of course, I have my skeleton in my closet, but don't we all?  It will be fun to meet this guy, I just wonder how it will go?  He's very confident and friendly, and new to the dating thing.  I wonder if I should even kiss him goodnight?  LOL  As I was typing that last sentence, I thought, "Damn straight, I should!"  He just thinks I'm a nice sweet girl, but I know better!  ;)  I can't believe its been a month since my last date with Stone.  October sucked this year, all around.

I have been talking with Mr. Annapolis who lives over an hour away, through DC traffic.  He is the guy who is pos and also has HCV (HepC), or is it HVC, correct my acronym if its wrong, someone, lol.  Last night he told me on the phone that he caught herpes as well from a chick he dated earlier this year.  I tell you, herpes scares me more than HIV and Hep, as crazy as it sounds.  I mean, a condom will protect you from HIV and Hep, but herpes, well, isn't it also transmitted via skin to skin contact, if not just by kissing?  I have heard too many stories about people who are on herpes meds and don't think they are suffering an outbreak, yet somehow they pass it to their partner.  Anyone who is dealing with this who would like to respond, I would appreciate it.  I wanted to go visit Mr. Annapolis this weekend, but if I can't even kiss the guy then I'd better stay away.  We have developed a deep connection over the phone, but I can't risk catching something else from a mere kiss, and I can't date someone who is 75 miles away.

So, the Iceman cometh, lol......  ;)

Also, took my first 24-hour allergy tab last night, not sure if its helping, on a nasal steroid spray which should kick in in a few more days, and I got my flu shot and haven't fallen over.

Just need a damn job, already!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 03:23:04 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline srmn98

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2007, 01:59:02 pm »
Hey All,

Cindy -- just wanted to respond. I have herpes -- I got it from the second guy I ever slept with back in 2000 I think. I was devastated at the time -- it's almost funny now looking back since now I have HIV too. Personally, herpes (HSV = Herpes Simplex Virus) has not been a big problem for me. I take medicine (Valtrex)  for it if I think I am going to have a breakout, but it has been years since I have had any symptoms. It is not something you want to get, especially with an impaired immune system -- but at least for me it has been a very small issue. I have undetectable VL and high CD4 though -- so I do not want to say that because I am not having problems that others would not -- or that I will not eventually have problems -- but so far it has not been a big issue.

There are two kinds of HSV -- one is called HSV-1 and one is called HSV-2. Generally, HSV-1 is the kind people get on their lips -- so basically a cold sore on your lips is usually HSV-1. HSV-2 is generally genital herpes. It is possible if you go down on somebody that has genital herpes that you could get it on your lips (i.e. you would get cold sores) and if somebody with a cold sore goes down on you, it is possible to get genital herpes. But if your guy does not have a cold sore or bleeding lips (yuck !) kissing should not be an issue. I think that something like 90% of Americans get cold sores .... they are super contageous, but doesn't mean you cannot kiss somebody that gets them, you just don't do it while they have one.

I think one of the main issues with it is that it makes you more susceptible to catching other STDs. Which might explain how I got HIV even though I always used condoms for sex ... I'm not sure. I'd talk to a doctor about your worries-- if it gets to the point where you like this guy, I think you can totally work it out.

Just my two cents. :)

Sara
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:02:56 pm by srmn98 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2007, 03:31:03 pm »
Hi Sara~

Thanks for giving me the play by play on herpes.  I sometimes get cancre sores on the side of my tongue, maybe once or twice a year.  Is that considered herpes as well?  This guy says he gets sores INSIDE of his mouth, I'm thinking on the inside of his cheek.  I would just hate to introduce something into my immune system on top of HIV and diabetes.  Like I said, and like those commercials say, lots of transmission occurs when someone doesn't think they are suffering an outbreak.  I wonder if you were suffering an outbreak, in the mouth for example, would it be that obvious?  Is there a time at the onset of the outbreak where the person may not think they could pass the virus, when in fact they really could (pass the virus)?

Yep, I want the nitty gritty, I'll have to look this up online as well, but I appreciate you sharing your firsthand experience.  Also, this guy hasn't treated his HIV or HepC yet for various reasons, per his doctor, so I just feel like he may be a ticking time bomb for a nasty infection.  I told him so, and have encouraged him to start treatment.  He is supposed to start Atripla soon.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:02:59 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline srmn98

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2007, 04:01:14 pm »
Hey Cindy,

Well ... I'm not a doctor or an expert, but from what I know, the sores people get on the inside of their mouths are cancer sores. They are not totally sure what causes them -- I have read that they are not contageous but I don't know if that is true. I would imagine that a cancer sore would make you more susceptible to viruses entering your body  -- but again I don't know. I used to get them a lot when I was a kid -- but I have noticed that I get them less when I don't eat/drink a lot of acidic stuff like orange juice. Again, that's just me.

I'm wondering if maybe the bigger question with this guy would be is he taking care of himself ? I think we all put a lot of effort into taking care of ourselves ... and from what you write, I think you deserve somebody that does the same. I think sometimes it is hard to think about dating somebody who is negative -- and putting ourselves out there like that --- but we should try to remember that it is possible and that we should not change our standards because we are POZ. If you like this guy I say go for it but be careful because he might not be taking care of himself and he might be looking for somebody else to do that for him ....   and we have enough on our hands, right ?

I'd say DEFINITELY talk to your doctor if you decide you like this guy and want to make it physical. I think if you love somebody and it is worth it you can work through anything ... but you don't want to put your immune system at further risk for a fling or for a guy who turns out to be a fling ... you know ?

I'd also be more worried about Hep C than anything else..... but you don't get that by kissing so just make sure you are safe if you have sex with him.

Keep us updated... and if you see him, have fun !!  Get to know him and stay safe !!

:)

Sara

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2007, 08:34:08 pm »
Good evening ladies:

I did go to class last night. It was algebra class and being that the classes are only eight weeks long, if I didn't go, I would've been in a hole.  Tonight I'm feeling a little better. I just hope my boss doesn't mind, as I haven't been there that long.

Anyway, Cin, about the HCV (hep C virus).  My best friend has HCV.  Her doctor told her he has never seen it passed between heterosexual couples.  I think there might be some evidence out there proving this fact.  Oh, where is Ann when we need her?  She knows a lot about this kind of stuff.  Maybe you should pm her.  Not sure about herpes.  It seems like Sara has given you some sage advice.  I used to get cold sores in my mouth when I ate or drank things that had high acidic content in them when I was a kid.  But I rarely get them anymore.  Glad you got your smoke alarm thing fixed.  I'm anxiously awaiting to see how your date went.

Queen, did you say you are seeing Rico tonight?  I'm interested to know how that goes and if you can complete a full night together.

Drag, it sounds like you're kind of up-in-the-air right now.  Having a baby is a wonderful thing.  But you want to make sure you're adequately prepared to handle it.  I know you will.  You have a good head on your shoulders. 

I wonder how Em and Cammie are doing?  Anyone hear from them? 

To all the rest of you ladies, I hope all is well.  I'm going to see what else is going on in these parts of the world and watch a little t.v.  I did some homework tonight but have a lot more facing me this weekend.  Such is life.......

Offline vivyt

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2007, 10:23:52 pm »
I received the "wonderful gift" of herpes from the one who gave me HIV. I did not even know what it was, just that the pain was the worst I had ever experienced. After my first outbreak everything went downhill from there. I became sick with all kinds of things, rashes, yeast infections, weight loss, hair loss, throat pain...I lived at the doctor for a little over a year when I finally told my ENT about the herpes. I did not tell any other doctor before this because I was embarrassed. Once I disclosed about this he said I should have an HIV test and the rest is history. All the sickness made sense once I had the diagnosis. Since I have been on meds I have only had 1 outbreak and it was mild. Before my diagnosis I was having them almost every month during the year of unknown ailments. What a nightmare! Anyways...my doctor said the two (HIV and Herpes) usually go hand in hand.

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2007, 11:20:54 pm »
Hello ladies! I hope everything is going well for all of you!

Cin~ I hope you have a great time on your date. As far as Herpes I can't be of any assistance. I've never had an STD. HIV is my first. What I do know is that there are many other things that can cause sores, cold sores chancre sores and so on. But with our compromised immune system why take a chance.

Betty~~ I feel your pain. Going to class sick really sucks. I’m glad to hear your feeling better!! Hopefully you fully recover soon.

As for me. Mr. Military told one of my friends that he hasn’t called because I’ve been bitchy lately. He doesn’t seem to get that being 9 months pregnant alone with no help can make anyone irritable. I guess expecting a little help is being bitchy!! I refuse to call him because I see no reason to frustrate myself.  Funny thing is he also told my friend that he wants to move me to where he is and wants to be with me, blah, blah, blah. He claims he has things he needs to take care of first since he just returned home from over seas. It all does make sense but I’m trying hard not to get my hopes up. Men talk a lot of BS to make themselves look good. 

I’m feeling pretty shitty these days. Everything just aches and my body is done with carrying this baby. I can’t wait for it to be all over and done with. Hopefully soon. Only 4 weeks to my due date!!  As of right now I feel pretty helpless. I’m just sitting back and praying everything falls into place with this baby Mr. Military and life in general. I guess I’m a bit down today.

Well, I’m off to bed. I’m worn out mentally and physically. I hope everyone is having a great Friday evening!! Night, Night all!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2007, 01:37:51 am »
Just popped in to read some posts before playing Diner Dash and thought I would leave you guys with a few tidbits. Rico made it over along with a few other friends and we got to spend some time alone....*whispers* in my bedroom....aw, hell no, I didn't give up no booty, get your minds out of the gutter.... :D The phone rang....... Tune in tomorrow for details..... ;D Nighty night...... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2007, 03:18:42 am »
Queen~  Whatcho doing in that avatar, lol?  AND what did you do with Rico-Bunny?  LOL  You know your fan club anxiously awaits the news!

NY~  I can't imagine being 9 months along, I have never had kids.  My back hurts and all I am carrying is a lipo belly.  I feel for you, girl, I really do.  Please don't be down, you know that your emotions are running high, what with getting ready to bring a little one into this world.  We're all here for you, you know that.  :)

Viv~  Thanks for your feedback on herpes.  Only one outbreak since being on meds?  Wow, that is amazing and good to hear!  Kinda gives me hope to hear all of these stories from you ladies, about living with herpes as well. 

BT~  Oh girl, hang in there with being sick.  How is the fever doing?  I didn't get one with my "cold" but silly me, it was allergies as you all know by now.  BT, you asked a few posts ago about "domain functions" in algebra.  Is that the f(x) stuff ("f of x")?  Its been so long, but I'll search it online this weekend to see if its something I can help you with.  PM me, ok?  How is the smoking going?  Regular puffs or cutting back?   :D

Sara~  Mr. Annapolis has had to spend beaucoup bucks on an attorney to get joint custody of his young son.  He only found out a couple of years ago that he even existed.  So, he is dealing with a crazy ex, trying to switch jobs, was in a car accident a few weeks ago cause a tire blew out, poor guy has SO much going on, but he is a real trooper, and has a good game plan and some supportive buddies.  Unfortunately, he hasn't kept up with his insurance claims for prescriptions this year, and he and his two sons are on one plan.  So now he's supposed to go on Atripla and can't afford the $1000 for it.  Because he hasn't submitted his paperwork for previous claims, insurance has no idea that his deductible has been met!  Ugh!  So, I told him to start sorting that paperwork and get his butt in gear so that he can get on Atripla for the simple price of a copay.  What worries me most is the HCV treatments that I have read about.  I have read that its very draining and that some people have to take a leave of absence from work for it.  He's not in a position to do that right now because he needs income for attorney's fees, and so on and so forth....So, you saying that maybe he wants someone to take care of him hit the nail on the head.  He wants my help, but he lives so far away or else I would've helped already, so I just try to get him motivated over the phone.

OK, so Iceman was absolutely incredible!   I met him at this fancy restaurant which has really good seafood.  Low light, linen tablecovers, I really thought it was way too much for a first date, but when I told Mom about it she said, "Go on, girl!"  LOL   :D

Iceman is so easy to talk to....and get this!  We were at the restaurant for three hours, the last ones left in our dining room....and the conversation got deep.  This guy is very confident in himself without being cocky, was a perfect gentleman, even gave me a rose when I met him outside of the restaurant....but!  We were talking and he says he goes to AA meetings 2x a week.  OK, so my radar went up at first, and he went on to say that he has been sober 20 years.  He used to drink and do drugs 20 years ago, but got into rehab at age 26 and has been better for it ever since.  He will be 45 in a few weeks. We talked about AA and I said I was surprised that he offered up this information so freely to me on a first date.  We both agreed either someone likes you or they don't, it is what it is. 

I guess my point is, I feel like he has aired his baggage and maybe he'll be compassionate when I air mine.  I told him I thought maybe he would fear being rejected by someone after sharing something so personal.  See where I am going with this?  I kind of feel like we're in the same corner.  I also asked if I was the first woman he dated coming out of his marriage, and yes, I am.  I jokingly told him I wondered how this would work, with me being the first girl, cause I have dated a few guys this year who just wanted to be out dating and dating after their long-term marriages had ended.  I was the first date for each of them, and I don't want to be the stepping stone again.

So, Iceman asked me during our date if he could see me again.  I smiled and said yes, but told him you're not supposed to ask a woman that on the date!  LOL  We will be getting together Sunday.  He just wants to be with me, its actually romantic, and I have missed romance, haven't had it since about 2003, lol!   :D  He also said he "volunteered" me to help him move to a new place in a few weeks, he just bought a new home.  So, that means I will meet some of his family.  I like that he is planning ahead about seeing me, its a nice compliment without being overbearing. 

Lordy be, I've got the seven dwarfs I'm dealing with, with men right now, and Iceman is definitely "Happy."  Heck, there's even a Doc in there,  :D  but I see them all falling by the wayside with Iceman in the picture now.  Damn, disclosure, here I come!  Bring it!  Iceman is a Scorpio, too, like me, so our birthdays are coming up soon, too.  I am 11/14/69, I'll be 38 soon.  If you've ever looked up a Scorpio+Scorpio couple, watch out for the heat and fireworks!  My two best GFs are both Scorpios, and one is married to a Scorpio...the men are very gentle and romantic with a wild side and the women, well, they are just the "wild side" lol! 

OK, enough daydreaming, but I wanted to share the good news about Ice.  I guess Mr. Annapolis will have to go by the wayside cause he just lives too far away, that really plays a big part in all of this, but he has fallen some for me, as well.  I have encouraged him to date other people and not put all of his eggs in one basket.  That was even before my date with Iceman tonight.

I got a call for an Office Manager position today.  It pays pretty good, is 25 miles from home against traffic, which is good, and its a one person office.  Everyone else is out in the field.  The HR lady called from corporate in Virginia today and said out of all of the resumes they picked eight people to do phone interviews with!  She is going to call back for about an hour on Wednesday for the phone interview, and then pick three or four people to meet with face-to-face.  I am hopeful, its crunch time.

I also called "the job" that I interviewed with 2x on 10/10 and 10/11, and have since  followed up with every week.  The damn receptionist, who I believe is new, still can't get the name of the company right when she answers the phone, and its been 10 days since my last call!  LOL  The GM was off today, so I left my name and number but didn't expect a call back.  I'll try again Monday or Tuesday.

I am so excited about Iceman, and I feel pretty good about disclosing after a few more dates.  I figure, "he's got his, and I got mine, and together we'll both do just fine!"  Oh and he likes to rock out, and we went to a club after dinner, and the music was SO loud it was awesome, and, last summer at band camp, and....."

I am giddy, gotta go calm my ass down!  :D  Queen and I hit on a fun website tonight, if you're into horoscopes!  We are reading about Rico and Iceman all over the place!  Here's the link!

http://www.sexualastrology.com/                 :D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:43:32 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2007, 04:42:28 am »
Hi Cind glad you had a fun date, it sounds great. Yes i would give the triple std combo some serious thought.... I am really happy for ya, and hopeful about this and the job.

BT, glad you're a little better, pls take good care over the weekend.

And Queen, you got some quality time, it seems...  ;)

I had a serious talk w/ BF last night, just out of nowhere, and I cried. But we both understand each other better. I hate when that happens though, I always feel like I am the problematic one in the relationship, the one with the bagage and special needs that should be catered to.

Have to work on the weekend too... but I am not going home with him in Nov as planned, too much stuff going on here for both of us (my work, his job applications). I could go on my own, but I think I will wait and hopefully it will happen after Christmas. It's not such a big deal, but b/c of all the guilt over my parents and the uncertainty of the future and the thoughts that if his family found out about me they would be shocked and disgusted, it all just added up. Anyway I am always gloomier during the night, which is when talks like this happen.

Right, today is a new day... for me, most everyone here (except for Tendai, but she doesn't read on the weekends) should be sleeping.

Sleep tight everyone, sweet dreams

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2007, 08:41:28 am »
Good morning ladies-

Wow!  What a lot happened in one night. 

Cin, I am so glad the date with Iceman went well.  I've noticed a lot of people don't mind sharing that they go to AA (or NA) much because it's almost as if this is the norm nowadays!  It's really awesome that he's been going for 20 years.  That means he has a good foundation.  And yes, most people in recovery are more sensitive to other people's situation.  God knows, they (we) put themselves in situations before that could have ended up a lot worse!  So, go for it!  About the HCV treatments, yes, it really wipes most people out.  I have quite a few friends who have HCV and I don't know one who has successfully been able to complete the treatments.  I guess they're worse than chemotherapy is.  But I do know our own goderator, Ann, has gone through them and completed them, so if you're really concerned about it, maybe you should pm her.  About the algebra, well, the teacher explained about the domains of functions in class, as we were all confused.  On the first homework assignment, I got a 98% (she e-mailed me last night).  I don't know how I managed that.  You know, if I can look at examples of how it's done, I do alright.  So I don't know how I'll fare on the exam where we won't be able to use our books. 

Queen, I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how the night went with Rico!  Don't keep us in suspense! 

Drag, I hope you don't have to work too much this weekend and get a chance to relax.  It sounds like you really need it.  Keep on keepin' on.  Know we're here for you, gf.  And PM me if you have anything you want to discuss privately.  I have a good ear and usually (notice I said usually) can offer some good advice. 

Ny, I would be extra cautious with Military Man.  Remember, he juggled another woman with you on the string.  Not that we all don't make mistakes.  Just remember what he did and is capable of doing before you go into anything girl.
Remember, you're going to bring a life into the world.  And even though it's his child as well, the kid doesn't need an unstable home to grow up in.

Viv, you just hang in there sweetie.  We are all here for you anytime you need us.

To everyone else, have a pleasant weekend.  I've got tons of homework to keep me busy.  Oh, the question about the smoking.  Cin, I'm taking regular puffs right now.  I know that'll change in the future and I know I can do it.  I'm debating going off the Chantix until I'm really ready.  I don't know if it's possible to build up immunity to it (Chantix), but I certainly don't want to for when I'm really ready to quit again.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline toxicgirl

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2007, 09:45:17 am »
Hello everyone, I'm new and have been told that this is where you hang out, so I'll introduce myself. I found out I was HIV positive and that I have AIDS all at the same time about a year and a half ago. My CD4 was 99, and now it's 165. I was hoping to get "better" faster, but I'm glad that some things have improved--like the fatigue. I'm surrounded by gay men, and although I love them and they are wonderful, I really want to talk to women, so that's why I'm here. I've never done this before, so it's one more new thing AIDS has brought into my life. I have lots of questions as soon as I get over being shy.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2007, 10:09:03 am »
Hello Ladies. See things have been very busy here. Queen, glad you had a good time with Rico. hope that works out well.                              Ml, glad you date with Iceman went well. Betty is right, mostly people in NA or AA tend to be sympathetic cause it could have been them. So maybe that will work out great.                                            Betty , glad your class is going well. Hope you get to feeling better, It just shows your level of commitment that you will go even under the weather. Don't worry about the smoking thing. I have quit the chantix but am still down to 1 pack per day and saved the rest for when I get ready to try again.                                                                    NY, I feel for you being pregnant and feeling alone. I went through my last pregnancy alone and it is hard. And i didn't even have the HIV to deal with. You have a lot on your plate but when you see that beautiful Healthy baby, you will forget the pain and have a little person to love. Hope things get better for you and be wary of Military guy, you might be better off alone instead of dealing with a bunch of his stuff.                                                                 Dragonette, glad you had a talk with your BF. Didn't you mention you were thinking about getting pregnant. I know you can have a healthy baby with the HIV.      Maybe it would be better for you to stay home but If you are good enough for him, then you should be good enough for his family. The HIV is just one aspect of you, not the lovely total.                                                 I am doing well. I work tonight, we have reservations for 90 so everyone on staff will be working. I am torn about my friend at work. He is not real pushy but  he has made it clear that my HIV isn't a worry  to him but I am still scared. I did put up a new picture on the personals and have gotten several responses. None from NC, though. And a couple leghumpers as Moon says.Everything else is okay, my brother is still here and probably will be for a while but we are getting along okay. Robert is his normal fantastic self and I almost always get on well with my parents.        Anybody I missed, Cammie, EM(how are you?) hope ya'll are well. Later, Cristy                         

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2007, 11:25:07 am »
Well it seems there has been a lot of action here this morning!!!

Cin~~ So glad your date went well!! A fancy romantic restaurant huh? Gosh not many men do that anymore. That’s definitely a good sign! I hope things keep getting better between the two of you. Iceman sounds like a nice guy.

Queen, I think we’re all anxious to hear about Rico….

Betty~~ I too will be doing homework all weekend. UGH!! Hang in there with the smoking. Your right you need to wait until your ready to quit. Nothing will work until your REALLY, TRULY ready. Best of luck with that!

As for Mr. Military. I’m definitely on guard. I’m doing my best to see this situation with “open eyes”.  Like I said before only time will tell what will happen.  But the good thing is I have school and other children to keep my mind off this chaos. Gosh!! I hate drama!! Well, I’m off to run errands and do schoolwork. I hope all of you ladies have a great Saturday!! 

Oh and Toxicgirl~~ Welcome!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »
I don't even know what I am doing awake right now, I was up til about 4 am talking with Cindy on Yahoo.. ;D It was finally a full night spent with Rico. It started kinda late because for some reason power was going out around the city, it was out here and at his house but ours came back on first. While here, we got to talk more, his phone rang on 3 different occassions. Once he gave it to my girl which is his ex's sister, another time he ignored it and she must've left him a messed up message calling him an ass. He called her back in front of me and basically went on to tell her that he is moving on with his life and that if it didn't have anything to do with his son not to call him. He is tired of the lies, now that is the jist of it because he was going back and forth between spanish and english.

I wasn't thrilled that he had called her at first but after understanding what was said, I didn't mind so much. After he hung up, I gave him a massage, kinda like a reward for sticking to his guns. Shortly after that a whole lot of flirting went on, I won't bore you with the details of that. We made plans to get together on Sunday. He wanted to see me today but he had to work early this morning and he is dealing with a bit of a cold. I have the sniffles now but not sure if it is a cold or the flu shot. So, I told him to rest up and we would get together on Sunday. I just want to be lazy most of the day, got laundry to do later anyhow, I need all the rest I can get and will prolly go back to sleep to catch a nap after posting for a bit....

Yeah, so I come across the link Cindy posted in her post and it says all this stuff about Aries and Capricorns, some good, some not...Basically that I got my work cut out for me and Cindy and her fellow Scorpion gets all the hot and heavy stuff... :P Sooooo since we have moved on to about Cindy, what ya gonna do, girl? You gonna take the job and the man? At least you will be more comfortable around someone who is more like yourself on the emotional level and as far as the sexual, ahem there will be days of walking funny... ;)

Ny--- I know you are so ready to drop that load. Keep us posted. I told you my take on Mr. Military a few posts back so no need for me to repeat myself. I agree with you though, I think he was telling your friend that stuff to make it seem like he is being responsible, so good call there. What could be more important than the birth of his child? Other than the military stuff, I mean and I am sure they would let him be present for the birth if he is not going to be overseas or is he, I forget? Hold you head up, girl. If you wish, you can use my mantra...What don't kill you only makes you stronger. We all make mistakes when it comes to men or we wouldn't be talking about it here, the important thing is to learn from them and not make the same mistakes twice. Just take it one day at a time....

Toxic---Welcome to the Forums. Thanks for introducing yourself. Cindy will post links to our previous dating rants if she hasnn't already in this one.They're a good read when you are bored and want some female entertainment but also has helpful advice in it as well or you can just jump in here. When you are ready tell us more about yourself.

Ok, I need more sleep. My brain is starting to feel cloudy....I will check back in a bit later.....Have a good day...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2007, 01:12:01 pm »
Welcome Tox, the links to previous dating threads are here in Reply #36, just scroll up!  I was shy too, when I first joined the Forums in late June.  Funniest thing was, I couldn't figure out which guys were gay and which weren't.  Most posting here, ARE!  Makes for a lively, funny bunch!   :D

GQ ("Green Queen" for new ladies here)~  What are you doing up so early?  I need a nap, too!  Had a great time IMing with you last night, that was a riot, and I think we had a lot we had to vent about, all good stuff, though!

BT~  Glad to hear you got a 98% on your work!  Not so bad, doing math, huh?  I hope you can rest a little today.  Chicken noodle for you, GF!

Drag~  Girl, you are so strong, so don't beat yourself up about being the one with all of the problems in your relationship with your man.  They aren't "problems" they are simply life.  You have such a good head on your shoulders and so much living ahead of you to do.  Just take things as they come and remember to be ever so grateful that you have a good man to depend on.  Girl, I have been waiting for my "special needs to be catered to" for a long time, lol!  I am hoping to turn that corner soon!  As far as guilt over your parents, I am thinking you mean feeling guilty for not seeing them for the holidays?  I understand that.  My parents are driving 10 hours to Savannah, Georgia to see my sis-in-law and three kids for Thanksgiving.  Mom has asked me for months if I am going to go.  I don't think I can handle the car ride.  I hate being a passenger and get really nervous, and Dad thinks he's Mario Andretti and scares the shit outta me.  Nevermind my back and neck probs, so I have declined to go.  My brother is, and will still be, overseas for the holidays this year.  I just know the trip would be too exhausting, and I hope to be working by then, so I can't take a long weekend.  I don't know, I guess I could change my mind, but the dog kennel is prob booked already.  I don't want to leave Mr. Cheech and go through all of that traveling. 

So, Drag, maybe you could just do little things to let your parents know you're thinking of them in the meantime?  Do you call them on a regualr basis?  Send a little card each week--there's nothing better than getting mail from a loved one, I bet they would really like that.  You shouldn't feel guilty, but I know you do, so little acts of kindness may ease that some for you.   :)

Cristy and BT~  Thanks for your thoughts on being in AA, about those individuals being more sensitive.  I am so hopeful with Iceman, even though I have a little voice saying, "Oh he could turn and run from you...."  I am blocking it out.  He is so sure of himself without being arrogant, and we are on the same emotional level.  I;m glad we talked "deep" at dinner, because it showed me he wasn't afraid to go there and be honest about his feelings.  Its funny, because we are the same sign, we think so much alike!  He sent me an email today that just floored me in a good way, and he ended it by saying he couldn't wait to see me again!  Four other guys want to see me tonight and tomorrow, even Jay IMed me earlier today, asking if I was around.  I don't think he has the kids tonight.  Damn, good thing that link to Queen's astology site has "Torn between two signs" on it, lol!  Strangely enough, Jay is an Aquarius, and they are incompatible with Scorpio, maybe not emotional enough. 

I haven't called Mr. Annapolis today, and yes, the triple-whammy with so much possibly taxing his system and his delaying treatment has me on edge.  I have told him that before.  I mean, if the doc tells you to do something, you just do it, that's my way of thinking.  I have to remember I can't save everyone.  Sigh, just take your meds already, though.

I may have met my match with Iceman, ladies.  It'll be fun to see what we do tomorrow.  He suggested a movie, which isn't always my favorite thing, but I would be content to sit in the back row and hold hands.....   ;)

Oh, and Queen, you can "bore us with the details" anytime!   :P

~ Cindy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2007, 01:30:05 pm »
Girl, I have been waiting for my "special needs to be catered to" for a long time

;D  :D  ;D
you have me laughing here... I really hope you will soon, although that was not what I meant. but yeah, I am very grateful, I think half of my panic stems from that. Trying to keep everyone happy. trying to hold on to the moment. so much is changing... I want to live fully, but sometimes life is so risky. I will try to follow that tip... just, I am always behind on whatever it is I want to be doing, I really live life at a snail's pace.

of course, I didn't do any work (half the time when i say i gotta work, I'm just saying it). I went to the gym, and had the PI squirts again. Now I know this is a little too much info...

Thanks to all of you for the kinds words.. Cristy, I am glad things are looking up for you. And Queen, and BT am glad you feel better. 98- that's incredible! you don't have to ace that way in the test, just pass, and I am sure you will since you did so great. Math is my weak spot too, I am just challenged that way. I will write more details to you soon b/c I really appreciate your POV, probabaly from work where I have the voice recognition software.

NY, what everyone said... we are going to have the first baby of the women's forum in 4 weeks. You brave thing. School, and kids, and a baby on the way... not to mention the reason we're all here for.

Toxic, welcome to the forums...

Have a great weekend all, over and out...

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2007, 02:23:25 pm »
I bookmarked the horoscope thing. I love reading about the signs. It's amazing to me how accurate they can be. I have the dirty horoscopes posted in my blog on myspace. They are meant to be a joke but I have found that they are pretty accurate too. If anyone wants to check them out, PM me and I'll give you the link. I am Capricorn like Queen. I always find myself surrounded by cancer people. I can't help but wonder why.

Cindy, glad things are going good with the Iceman. When you were talking about the smoke detector I tensed up for a second. I thought you were gonna say your house was damaged. Thank goodness it wasn't.

Queen, my fellow Cap, I'm so glad he held his ground with ol' girl. I'm with Cindy though...I would have loved to see some detail. I am the nosey one though. LOL Cowboys tomorrow. :)

NY, hugs to you. Its been years since I was pregnant but I feel ya. The last month is so exhausting.

Betty, I hope you are feeling better today. Rest up and get well soon.

Cristy, sounds like you have a big night at work. Do big parties like that usually tip well?

Toxic, welcome to the group!

Drag, good luck with the pregnancy planning.

srmn, dawn, viv, cammie, tendai ... I hope all is well with you. (hope I got everyone)

Hugs to everyone. Have a good weekend.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2007, 05:24:47 pm »
Call out to SUNSEEKER and CAM, how are you girls doing?   :-*

I see Queen is in this thread, maybe she is "working on the details" for us, while we patiently wait!  LOL

Iceman just called and we spoke for nearly 2 hours.  We are both smitten and we aren't shy about it, feelings are being worn right on our sleeves.  Its really a nice feeling.  We are doing breakfast (yes, BREAKFAST) tomorrow.  I am nocturnal, Moon thing and all, but with this extra hour, I figured I could swing it.  He wants me to help him look for furniture for his new place.  I just remembered he is moving the weekend of World AIDS Day, and I have volunteered to help with my support group.  Maybe I can do both, we'll see.

I wonder if I should disclose tomorrow or be patient?  Iceman was so quick to tell me about his issues and now I feel like I am holding back, but hell, its only been one day.  I want to have this roller coaster ride go a little while longer before I disclose, I think.  Maybe if we go for a drive into the mountains tomorrow and find a place to sit, I can tell him, I'll see.

More later on.........

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:30:02 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2007, 05:53:44 pm »
Cindy says:GQ ("Green Queen" for new ladies here)~  What are you doing up so early?  I need a nap, too!  Had a great time IMing with you last night, that was a riot, and I think we had a lot we had to vent about, all good stuff, though!

Hell, I was asking myself that same question. But I remedied that, rolled up a doobie and watched a few cartoons and went back to sleep. When I woke up again, it was 3:30pm. I am rested a little bit but could still use a nap but I'll hold off. I did like that astrology site that I found, I didn't bookmark it though. I think Rico is catching on and I am going to try the things I saw on the site too, hell, it can't hurt. What I meant by Rico catching on is that he actually called me 3 times today while I was napping. I called him back, talked for a few and it is on for tomorrow. I told him he could call me back later. Last night was nice, we really got to talk and he assured me it is not about the sex but at the same time I could see the lust in his eyes and I think he saw it in mine too. He's giving me fever, Oh Lord.....*tucks her horns beneath her crown*

Confusedme says:Queen, my fellow Cap, I'm so glad he held his ground with ol' girl. I'm with Cindy though...I would have loved to see some detail. I am the nosey one though. LOL Cowboys tomorrow.

Ooooh another Cappy, when is your bday? Mine is January 12th, so much in common and you love the Cowboys too. I'm gonna have to adopt you.... ;) It's gonna be a good game tomorrow, hope they are not playing in Philly. I promise to give more details next time but you may regret it..... ;D

And Betty, I missed that you pretty much aced your test....98 percent, you go girl. So many ladies in school, I tried to do that once with Devry but when I lost my hearing they pretty much didn't want anything to do with me or so it seemed.

Christy-- It is good to hear from you. I hope things are going good at home. And yep, Ny is having our baby...The first I think for the ladies of the forums here, do you have names picked out yet? Cammie, check in with us lady, I know you are going through a funk but let us know you are ok, you know we are here even if you want to talk in PM.

I am going to get off here shortly, me and roomie ordered some food and I am starving. Who knew entertaining can be so exhausting....Whew.....

I see Cindy has posted while I was trying to post. You got a knack for reading me. Were we suppose to do the clock thing? Did I lose an hour? Maybe that's why I am so wiped out...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2007, 06:05:56 pm »
Queen...my birthday is January 17th. Only 2 days apart. Don't speak to soon. I'll be on your doorstep with adoption papers. LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2007, 07:51:23 pm »
Good evening ladies-

Well, I got my article written for my Child & Adolescent Psychology class.  I do my math homework tomorrow.  Math is awful, Cin!  I don't like classes where there are "hard and fast" answers.  I like a grey area.  I can take a side and argue a really good point.  But I think that's part of my nature of being an addict.  I can always talk a good con, no matter what side I take.  But give me something that has only one answer and I don't like it.  Go figure....

Cristy, I hope you don't work too hard, but I also hope you make lots of good tips!  I imagine with such a big booking, they would tip well?  I'm glad you're getting along with your brother and it's not stressing you out a lot.

Toxic, welcome to the forums!  Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself, of course when you feel comfortable doing it.  We're a good bunch here, all of us!  We're all special!

I'm gonna quickly check out a few other threads and go watch a movie and call it a night.  Cin, have a wonderful breakfast with the Iceman.  Be sure to tell us how it goes....  Queen, I hope you're having a good evening.  I hope things go well with Rico tomorrow.  Fill us in!

I wish Cammie and Em would post something.  To the rest of you ladies, the ones I forgot, have a great evening!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2007, 08:10:56 pm »
Queen...my birthday is January 17th. Only 2 days apart. Don't speak to soon. I'll be on your doorstep with adoption papers. LOL

Oh Wow, 5 days apart actually, that is so cool. I usually don't have much in common with most females. Rule number one, no one shows up on the doorstep, must call and make appointment.... ;D I'm gonna have to check and see when the game comes on. I may have to record it if it comes on tv.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2007, 08:52:08 pm »
Wow, I had some pasta salad for dinner and my diabetic self is ready for lights out!  LOL  Its 842pm on fall back night, so much time, the night is still YOUNG!  But I DO have my breakfast tomorrow.  ;)  Moon and breakfast with a man?  I don't think I have ever done that....some things are worth trying.

Of course, crazy me, I am getting in a funk tonight thinking that this is too good to be true, telling myself not to get my hopes up with Iceman.  But damn, if anyone would ever understand me, its Iceman.  He talks, he communicates, he's sensitive and masculine all at one time, and he has clearly said he is crazy about me.  I know, I know.  Lust.  Long marriage ending.  First chick outta the gate for him.  Shit.  Sometimes I wonder what the hell God's plan is for me.  I know there's a reason for all of this.  I don't want to turn my ass into a leg-humper "female style" just cause I think a guy is great.  All I can do is do it, go forth and conquer, lol!   :P

Now I am laughing at myself so I must be going insane....I was thinking of that astrology site that Queen and I were on.  It tells you how to seduce different signs (like I need any help  ;)  ).  The first thing it said for a Scorpio woman and a Scorpio man was something like, "Just take off all of your clothes and go get it."  Queen knows, what a riot.   :D

Oh, and as all of the recently divorced from long marriage, first-out-of-the-gate guys have been for me this year, um, "Fido is fixed."  Shit, that brings up more crap with safe sex.  Times have changed boys, since you were unmarried back in the day, times have changed.

Queen, turn your clocks back an hour tonight at 2am, cause I know you'll still be awake.  At 2am, make it 1am.   :P

~ Cindy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:18 pm »
Betty,

What are you going to school for?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2007, 10:22:44 pm »
My sweet heart has been out of town trying to kill Bambi with his brother and step dad.
Good news, he didnt get one and I dont have to eat deer meat sausage and jerky forever and ever.
He just called and said he is on his way home so maybe he'll be here before midnight.

Wait.... midnight is now 11 o'clock.

Maybe it wont be dark outside when I wake up now.

My brain is all over the place tonight. Must be too much HIV in there. LOL

Offline camille07

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2007, 11:42:33 pm »
Hey Girls-

Seems like I've some what ascended from my ashes. I was taking shelter from the very things that made me say ....hello me me me! Wake up! I am going through a lot o shit...
hmmmm
a divorce
selling a house
a diagnosis
a job change, just laturally (meaning a lot more job responsibility)
I'm dealing with all of it, but it took time for me to extrapolate each area and deal with it.  Being broke didnt help.  This went on for some time.  It worked for a while but it finally came to a crashing halt.
I finally found peace in my faith.  Things have started to work out for me...sigh

I put my thoughts in a nut shell not to bore you all.

hugs to you all
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:49:56 pm by camille07 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2007, 06:45:52 am »
Good morning ladies-

Cammie, long time no hear!  And why would you ever think you would bore us?  We're here for you, gf.  Talk about anything you need to talk about.  It sounds like you're going through an awful lot, and I'd hate for you to think you have to bear it alone.  Please don't forget to communicate with us!

Viv, I'm getting a bachelor's in psychology.  A couple of my teachers and my therapist (who is a PhD) have encouraged me to go on to get my master's.  But one thing at a time.  Anyway, I have a year left, I should be done next December.  That is, if the campus I go to offers all the classes I need.  Of course, if I did consider getting my master's I would have to make sure it would be damn well worth it, as you know people can't get financial aid past a bachelor's.  So that would mean more student loans.  And I really don't want to owe a lot when I get done with school.  What are you going to school for?

Cin, I hope you're up by now getting ready for your breakfast date. How exciting!  Have you seen I-Hop's new advertisement for those different pancakes (pumpkin etc.)?  Man, they look good.  I know we're diabetic, but I would assume that I-Hop would have some kind of "lite" syrup.  I don't know what you like for breakfast, but those sure sound good to me.

Wini, so your boyfriend deer hunts, eh?  I remember the best dear meat I ever had was when I went to a Native American longhouse and there was a "feast" afterwards.  Someone made some kind of venison that was absolutely delicious.  I personally could never kill an animal for sport, but that's me.  I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone who does, as long as they eat what they kill.

Queen, I hope all goes well with Rico today.  Maybe you could suggest to him that he turn off his cell phone when he's spending time with you.  That would cut down on the interruptions and annoyances.  Just a suggestion....  let us know how it goes!  I will be anxiously waiting to hear about it (and Cin's date with the Iceman).

I wonder how Em's been doing.  Girl, are you still with us?  Miss hearing from you! 

Well, today is church.  Then I have to come home and do math homework. I hope I can make some sense out of it.  Part of this week's homework is about finding the slope of numbers.  Wish me luck!  Other than that, my sponsor is having a get-together of the "sponsorship family."  This means that her sponsor (who is my bestfriend) will be there along with her sponsees, their sponsees etc.  We each are getting five personal care items for the women at the local YWCA here.  Apparently they don't get funding to get the things for these women like the other local shelters do.  So we're going to give them an early X-mas present.  I got my items yesterday.  I got shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and deoderant.  We each also are buying baskets to put the items in to give to the women.  I didn't do anything fancy, just went to the local dollar store.  I hope that's going to be good enough.  I wish I had tons of money so I could buy each woman something from like Bath & Body Works. 

My granddaughter called me yesterday when I was working on a report for one of my classes, so I called her when I was done writing it.  She wanted to come over, but because I still had to put the report on the computer and print it out, and read some in one of my textbooks, I told her I would pick her up for supper and take her out.  Well, when I got to the grandkid's house, she was pretty sick.  She had a low-grade fever, and a headache, centered around the sinuses.  I'm telling you ladies, be careful.  This stuff is going around.  So I told her we would go another time.  I also went and got her a Bratz activity book to do while she's lying around (she luvs Bratz).  Please send some good energy this way for her. I would appreciate it. 

I hope all you ladies have a good one-

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.