Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:51:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 560
Total: 561

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who I Appreciate On Here And Why  (Read 36744 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Who I Appreciate On Here And Why
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2007, 10:05:17 pm »
On the way home this evening, I decided I would resurrect my little love fest thread here because there's someone I needed to acknowledge.  I was fairly new on here when I started this thread, so I didn't know him very well at the time.

Dachshund

Hal, thank you for brightening so many of my days.  You are truly a gem of a man and I absolutely love you, friend.

-Me

PS:  And your little dog, too!  A  :-* for The Sammers!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »
Wow, thanks Timmy!

I'll play it forward and post my deep appreciation for Christine. Her dignity and strength is truly inspirational and she is a sucker for dogs.

I love you Christine.
Hal

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2007, 12:10:39 am »
Moffie: He always had my utmost respect on here for being able to say things that I could never find the words to express. I will definitely miss his posts, and I hope he comes back.

Thunter: For just being yourself. You always make me smile.

Matty.the.Damned: I love your ability to say something with both sugar and a bit of venom. However, when you speak, I listen - even if your hammer is directed at me.

Otherplaces: Brian, you were one of the firsts that I actually connected with, and I want you to know I deeply appreciate that. You are very special to me.

THE Queen: I know we haven't conversed much, but I do love your spin on things. You always leave me chuckling to myself, and laughter is the greatest gift one can give second to love.

Allopathicholistic: For always being real yet upbeat. You made a huge difference when I first joined this site, and you still do.

Falkore: For being who you are, and a whole list of other reasons.  :-*

Bucko: For your writer's heart. It did not go unnoticed, and it will never go uncherished.

BuckmarkTX: For your heart. Whenever you post, I see bigger glimpses of the gold that beats in your chest.

Moonlight: For showing me that I'm not crazy, and for being so cheerful and sincere.

RapidRod: For standing up to me even if we disagree. I admire that greatly.

Aupointillimite: For your insights and for challenging me intellectually. Even though we differ on a few viewpoints, I always love someone who will challenge me and help me question.

Mouse: For showing me that age is not an indicator of maturity, and for reminding me of innocence (even though you are not as innocent as you seem). :D

Christine: There aren't any words that describe how you've touched me with your heart, but I see it, and thank you.

Before I compose a list to rival the U.S. Census, I'll bring this to a close. There are many, many more that I haven't named, and I apologize. However, I cherish you. I truly do.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:12:57 am by MoltenStorm »
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2007, 12:43:10 am »
thanks for bumping this back up.....I feel so thankful for all of you actually but some people especially

Moffie: For keeping me grounded and sharing his wise words

Thunter: for posting as much as you do and just being there

Matty.the.Damned: For being the funniest bitch on here

THE Queen: Diva of the boards

Bucko: For being the dirty birdie he is

allopathicholistic: For being such a wondeful person

Mouse: for being incredibly wise beyond his years....I am in awe

Christine: For being wonderful

Bear : for amazing advise

Life and Alanbama: Sweatest guys on this board.

Basquo and Pozguy75: for being so HOT

Moltenstorm : I stole his format

Ann, Jan, Andy : for putting up with our shit

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:48:36 am by PeteNYNJ »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2007, 02:52:55 pm »
OK, "By Your Side" by Sade is playing and I am a mess now after reading this entire thread, thinking about all of the wonderful people I have met and read about.  This month marks 11 years since my husband died from AIDS.  I am absolutely kicking myself for not finding this place sooner....

Molten~  Thank you for the compliment that has brought me to tears in this new place I call "Home." (Keep growing that long hair....  ;)  )

I have been here a little over a month and never thought I would fit in, never thought I would have anything of value to say, and certainly never thought I would be taking friends under MY wing and chatting amongst hot, gay men.  It truly is better to give than receive!   ;D  (Although some of you may beg to differ!   ;)  )

So, without further adieu~~~~~

Queen~ My new sister who I share everything with.  You are very special to me.  What more can I say than "I love you!"

Emeraldize~ For always being here and sharing your humor (and gummy bears), and for PMing me, making me laugh on gray days!

zachysmom~ For the gentle way in which you share your "pain" with me, and making me feel better by letting me know I'm not the only one.

cjc (Cristy)~ For always checking in to see what your sisters and I are doing in our latest tirade.  *Edited to add:  and also for being a cool Metal chick, lol!*

Dragonette~ For your writings to us, your captivating way of sharing personal experiences from across the ocean.  This website knows no boundaries.

Timtation~  For being the first guy to PM me here thinking I was a movie star, for the inspirational "Lyrics" thread as well as this one, for being deep and understanding (now I KNOW someone is gonna take THAT and run with it, lol).  Damn was I pissed when I found out you were gay!

MtD~ For your fire in these forums.  I have always been intrigued by your replies.  You speak what I am thinking at many times.

RapidRod~ For really messing with my mind as I first tried to figure out the face on the dog thing, and for your perfectly timed one-liner responses here.  Even for the third and fourth time, in some cases. 

Bucko (Brent)~ For your descriptions of "self" at the end of each post which have always made me smile!

milker~ For your sarcastic wit and great sense of humor.  You keep the threads lively, to say the least.  I remember when I first started posting and saw your pic, and I just laughed and laughed.  "Can I call you sometime?"  LOL

aztecan (Mark)~ For your wealth of knowledge and sharing of personal experiences through the great work that you do.

LTNPs~ Whether on meds or not, I must say I never thought we'd live to see this day, so many years later.  So much strength in our shared personal stories of triumph.  You are all truly inspiring to me and other people new to this site and this virus.

May God bless all of us and keep us safe.

Someone pass me a tissue......   :'(

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 07:36:07 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2007, 03:38:12 pm »
Lisa, If it was not for meeting her in 2005 at AMG Nashville Gathering I guess we would never have come close like we are today. Also with this Gathering got to meet Alan, Lis, Jody. I really appreciate the whole family here at Aidsmeds if it had not been for this site I would have been lost without all the friends I have meet on here. :-*

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2007, 08:36:19 pm »
I shudder to think whom I'll leave out, but will give it a whirl:

MtD: Whom I love most: My best friend, my confidant, my co-conspirator, my succubus and my incubus. Matty has saved my life twice, at least.

AD: Director of The Spin Cycle Fan Club, cherished friend, fellow traveler along the same damn road.

Jaser: The bravest person I've ever met...ever.

Mellie: How can so much love come from one place? Were I ever to be able, you'd be the woman I'd marry (but the honeymoon would be odd).

Benj: My favorite bright Young Thing and enfant terrible rolled into one; Honors student at Uncle Bucko's School of Advanced Depravity.

JK: The reason I joined AM over two years ago was the chance to meet you. My admiration is boundless, as is my lust.

Jan: Who lured me back out of my shell and got me posting again.

Ann: Without whose support I'd have never published my latest series of articles.

Jeromy: Who still owes me a "date".

Hermie: Whom I have never stopped loving...ever.

Moffie: My leathery daddy Tim whom I support without condition and love without measure.

JoeKillfoile: For inviting me into his home on more than one occasion.

Alanbama: For keeping his soul and heart open for all to muse: the most positive person I've ever met.

Christine: For being the embodiment of grace and resistance.

Mark(Aztecan): For being the kind of friend I'd presumed all died by 1990.

Nadine: Who never forgot me.

Timberly Hunter: Who made my return so effortless.

Moltie: Who reminds me that I am still an object of lust amongst the young.

Rich (Pozattie): Whose faceshot I enjoyed as much as the underwear shot.

Cerrie: Who opened up his "private pix" for me. How i wish I knew German.

Jakie: For whom I always include salacious details of fellatio.

IthicaNights: Who has read everything I've ever written and still wants more.

Philly: Who never played me for a fool, though he's had more than one chance.

Rod: Who inspires patriotism in me when I forget, and whose brevity I can only aspire to.

Cin (Moonlight): Whose charm always comes through.

CarolAnn: For being the fabulously outspoken person you are. Keep me on your good side, sweetheart.

Cammie: Who sends me the most luscious PMs.

Jeffie: Who worships my thighs.

To the three kind souls who responded to my latest emergency with an unexpected generosity, I can only repeat my earlier thanks. Without each of you I'd have been ruined.

To anyone I've left out:
PM me and I'll shower you with private praise.

Brent
(Who has friends around here)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2007, 11:34:21 pm »
I was wondering who brought this thread back to life, glad to see it was the person who posted it. I was wondering what was going on with you, Thunter Bunny. I love my sis, Moonlight but I saw you first... :D If you gonna be giving up some booty, I should be first in line. ;)

I would like to thank those who put me on their list. It amazes me that people actually pays attention to my spin on things. I know most thinks I'm just a hood rat prolly because I talk a lot about smoking weed but I still have some intelligence, I haven't burned all the brain cells yet.. ;) And even if I become a mindless zombie, you still have to worship me...Translation...Make sure Her Majesty has plenty weed, pepsi, and healthy munchies... ;D Oh, yeah and a PS2...

Yes, I try to crack jokes on a regular, you just don't know how laughter has helped me get through many things in my life. I figure if I can make someone forget what they are going through just for a sec with a joke or make them laugh then I have done my job...Now on to my list, not in any particular order and if I forget anybody, I blame it on the weed... ;D

Aunty Doxie-- There are some days when you really have me choking on my smoke with the things you say. If anybody could really feel me on some ghetto type things, it would be you. You are the Aunty, the one who's house you would go over to chill at, like a second home. You are fam.

MattytheDamned-- I can not use just one word to describe you. I know you prolly get that a lot... ;D But I mean it in the best way. Call me sadistic but I love your verbal lashings. I get such a visual when you go into a frenzy. When you display your warped sense of humor, I just melt. And the stories you tell... Oh, I could go on for hours. I love you beyond words....

Moonlight--- Although we have not known each other long, it feels like I have known you a lifetime. I hope one day we meet and have a girl's night out. You have brought out so much in so many in such a short time. Girl, you are an angel. You are officially adopted as my sister....Don't try to run now.... ;D

Philly-- Forgive me for not remember the numbers behind your name.. :D I enjoy your posts for the information and for your sense of humor. You are a fountain of knowledge and information. Anything you post is worth paying attention to!

RapidRod,ACinKC,LWood--- You guys are the most hilarious to me. You bring humor to everything even things political. I haven't seen LWood post in awhile and I really miss his style of humor.I hope all is well with him.

AlanBama,Dan J., Hermie I consider you all to be the heart of this forum. I would like to say more but has never been good with mushy stuff..

Newt,Moffie,Ann-- The things I have learned from you all are invaluable. You have taught me to not just accept what doctors say but to question it as well. Moffie, we may have had our differences but if it wasn't for you, I'd still be in the dark instead of stepping into the light.

Thunter,Amosboy,Pozguy75--- Just because y'all is sexy as hell to me.

Whew, I am spent. Now I must run, I'm late smoking my next doobie.... ;D

Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline asaint

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2007, 09:49:02 am »
I appreciate ALL of you. Not so long ago I believed I was dieing everyday for the pass 23 years from this dreaded disease. Now I have a better understanding of this disease and for that I thank all of you.
Thank You
Bob
6/11 VL <50   CD4 (9%)   CD8 (54%}

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2007, 10:23:59 am »
" Aunty Doxie--There are some days when you really have me choking on my smoke with the things you say. If anybody could really feel me on some ghetto type things, it would be you. You are the Aunty, the one who's house you would go over to chill at, like a second home, You are fam."

Queenie, Queen, Queen...that just might be the nicest compliment I have ever received. In my hood if you ask somebody about their aunty and you aren't sure, the question that always follows is, is that your real aunty or your play aunty? The meaning is clear, related by blood or not you consider that person family. I must say you represent with strength, dignity and reality, served up with a heapin', helpin' of humor. So my little ghetto fabulous, playa partna, keep keepin' us real. The girl is crazy y'all...like a fox. ;D

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2007, 11:48:17 pm »
I havent been on lately but I have been thinking about you all...ILU.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2007, 12:30:54 am »
Philly

It could be for any number of reasons. 

For the PM dish...

For Oompa Prompa...

For being the one I always get grouped with during troll attacks...or who knows what else?

But if you haven't figured out my affection for you by now...

Barbara, please.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2007, 12:35:49 am »
SDGirl

The rumors are true:  This lady here- she's absolutely bewitching.   ;)

Lisa, me more than likey.

Thank you for reaching out to me in all the ways you have.  You are one spectacular gal.

But bite me anyway.   ;D
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.