Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:36:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 210
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Help  (Read 11703 times)

Offline sham2387

Help
« on: November 09, 2011, 12:33:09 am »
Hi all,

Kindly need your prompt reply and response.. Please help me am scared to death :(

3 weeks back i had been to one tattoo shop to get my ear piercing.
when i went there, that guy was doing tattoo for some unknown guy.
he was almost finished his tattoo and once done he wiped the ink with the cloth beside him
and immediatley applied some moisturizer gel on the tattoo.

Later he recevied money from him and put it in his pocekt.
by this time i had selected a ear stud for my piercing
which he took from the same hand which he had used to rub the gel and
put that in a gun and pierced my ear lobe using gun shot equipment.

before doing piercing, i just noticed a drop of flesh blood on the ear stud and
which he got from the tattoo guy.
before i could stop him he did the ear pierced.

The ear stud what i selected was also not new and it used by some one else itseems
but he wiped with cloth and kept it again in the box it seems.
It was non hallow, sewing needle type (Stainless Steel).

I kept that stud for three days and scared and removed since that blood on the stud was in
contact with the hole i pierced in my ear.

I did not bleed after i removed and hole got closed in a day.

Please help me on this, Am i infected??

I did test on 21st day and negative.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Am I infected?? Scared to Death
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 12:37:06 am »
There has never been anyone ever infected by getting their ears pierced and you won't be the first.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:06:45 am »
There is NO HIV risk in the situation you describe.

When IV Drug users share IV needles, they often draw the plunger back a bit, trapping blood within the hollow bore needle.

If this needle is immediately used on another drug user, there is a chance for HIV transmission.

Piercing needles are not used in that way, nor do they contain a reservoir to hold fluids

You had absolutely ZERO risk.

It is disturbing that you would obsess over this NO RISK incident to the point where you test over it.

HIV is a VERY fragile virus. It absolutely CAN NOT survive in the environment. This is why it remains viable for a SHORT period of time in the artificially anaerobic environment of the hollow bore needle.  Even then, changes in temperature quickly degrade the virus.

You absolutely CAN NOT get HIV through getting pierced.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline sham2387

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:49:20 am »
so Sewing needle can not transmit HIV even though it has visible blood and
blood comes in contact with mine.

Since there was 2 min gap from the time where he rubbed his finger agianst the tattoo with gel and
held my stud and put it in gun shot, it can not transmit.

Or is it dead as soon as blood come out while doing tattooing?

Or is it dead as soon as it came in contact with the gel?

My biggest worry is since it was a moisturizer gel and wet,
it may stay alive in moisture and sine that moisturizer cream with blood come in contact with
my blood, it may transmit..

One more doubt is since he had used that ear stud for somebodly else 10 min before, if it had some blood on it
will it affect me??

I am getting married next month so wanna be faithful to my wife.
so please somebody help me to answer my above questions.

Please please..

Offline sham2387

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 02:03:44 am »
Can somebody reply to my above message..

Scaring like a hell..

Offline sham2387

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:10:52 am »
Hi Rod, Ann anybody!! please help me to understand my below questions

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 02:34:16 am »
Hey

This is not a chat room. It's a message board. And many of us - I will go ahead and wager all of us - are actual people with lives. It might be hours, even a day, before someone replies.

That's what they get when we work for free :)

In response to your queries, you are correct.

A sewing needle cannot transmit HIV.

Any viable viral particles quickly become inactive when exposed to oxygen and changes in pH and temperature. Far too quickly for you to become infected.

We are talking fractions of a second here - seconds, plural, if we are being seriously sci-fi in our speculations.

But ten minutes? And in the SERIOUSLY inhospitable environment of moisturizing gel? Not a chance.

You CAN NOT get HIV that way.

Why the emphasis on HIV anyhow? If the tattoo artist is not legit, not certified and not using clean equipment, you ought to worry about Hepatitis C - a FAR more robust virus than HIV.

I just don't get the HIV concern when a quick and dirty Google search would have pointed you to a huge array of other viruses, like the aforementioned Hepatitis.

Regardless, you really need to stop obsessing over HIV here. It's just not going to happen.

Of course, if you are talking in CODE, and what you REALLY mean to say is that you shared injecting IV needles with a fellow addict within SECONDS of his infection, then yeah, that's an issue. But other than that scenario, there is NO HIV RISK.

None.

At all.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline sham2387

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 03:09:59 am »
sorry sir,

I got what you are saying. There was only 2 min gap between the time when
he rubbed gel from his hand to tattoo and
held my stud to pierce.

I definitely saw some blood on the ear stud needle which pierced my hole.
That blood was just 2 min hold which had mixed with moisture gel.

Still it can not transfer right?? Just asking again to get cinfirmed.

Tomorrow i am engaging with my girl and want to go there with 200% guarantee.

Let me know if there is a small RISK. Sorry i can understand that am bit fast in askin replies but
tomorrow is a biggest day in my life and want to celebrate it without any tension

Offline sham2387

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 03:11:54 am »
**That blood was just 2 min old which had mixed with moisture gel.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:18 am »
Sham,

You absolutely have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

As far as your girlfriend is concerned, you two should be using condoms until you've both tested together.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOLLOWING AN EAR PIERCING, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sham2387

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:04:24 am »
Thanks ann,

So i am not going to test again because of piercing stuff because i have BIG ZERO Risk. :)

So i never had risk of exposure and it was just like i was scared.

Thanks to all of you and i will lead my normal life.

I was so scared and was not eating properly from 3 weeks :(

Offline sham2387

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:37:13 am »
Hi Ann and jkinatl2

Hmmm,, sorry for disturbing ypu people,,,

This is my last question. I will finish this conversation based on your reply

So whatever may be, blood on the sewing needle for 10 min or blood mixed with moisturizer for 2 min, Virus was dead as soon as it exposed

and unable to INFECT, so am SAFE and can lead my normal life.

No TESTING required again.

Sorry but you people know how mind fluctuates when we had some incident like this. :(

Just reply me and i don't disturb again.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 06:01:13 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline sham2387

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 06:16:45 am »
Very sorry!! :( Thanks for the help

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:53 am »
You are worrying needlessly. Get on with your life.

More to the point was Ann's advice that until you and your gf test together at an appropriate point you should be using condoms everytime for intercourse. And you should only dispense with condoms after testing negative if you are both committed to a securely monogamous relationship.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:44 am »
Sham,

If you apply for a second account again, you will be permanently banned. You should take this warning VERY seriously. You're lucky I don't just ban you now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sham2387

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 12:56:57 am »
very sorry to all. I dont create any second account.

you people are doing a great job. Because of tension, anxiety i was little confused with all the comments.

I know i am worrying needlessly.. :(

am very poor to spend money for normal disease but how can afford if something happens like this.

that made me crying and kept asking people like this.

Still comments are confused to me.. just tell me i dont need to get tested because of piercing.

in future i need to get tested if something bad happens.. correct??

As for as piercing is concern, i am 200% safe?? isn't it??

I swear i don't bug anyone again.. :( am a poor guy, please help me..

Offline sham2387

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:49:53 am »
Sorry again!! i am not here get banned..

All experts, just need only a minute from you to reply my above question.

Swear i don't continue the conversation again :(

As all you said, am not exposed.. should i get tested following ear piercing..

Just Yes or No,, wanna go back to my normal life and spend some time with family and friends.

all this while i am sitting in dark room and crying..

Just need only one reply.. nothing else

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 05:41:36 am »
Sham,

NO. You do NOT need to get tested over a piercing.

You DID try to create a new account. You couldn't because I rejected it instead of giving it approval. Do that again and you will be permanently banned, I promise you.

Keep posting over this NO RISK piercing and you will be given a 28 day time out.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sham2387

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 05:51:24 am »
Thanks Ann,

Thank you very much and i remember you people ever for the advice and help

God bless all.

Offline sham2387

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 10:30:57 am »
hi all.. It's me again.. Thank you all for ur replies.. My mom desperately want to know answer for the below question?  if one drop of say 1ml of infected blood is there on the surface of human hand for one min, can i say all the viruses will get their protein links damaged and it will become inactive? And later w
ill it ever become active or not?  anticipating your answers to show to my mom.. She's still worried and cryin all the day? I just told her whatever you said and she needs this answer as well.. Hope it'll help other people also.. Hi experts doctors anticipating your answers.. Thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 10:48:49 am »
Sham,

Hiv is NOT transmitted through the surface of the skin.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

If hiv were as easily transmitted as you and your mother seem to think, everyone in the world would be hiv positive by now.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create another new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sham2387

Help
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 01:23:49 am »
Big story. I took my brothers kids in to hospital for flu injection to community hospital. there is a governamnet shelter for people and their kids as well.
those kids were also in the line. we never had any problem with them But on thst day i saw the docto using the SAME SYRINGE for everyone but
he used to attach the NEW NEEDLE everytime with old syringe. It was same being used on those positive kids as well. more importently it was an intramuscular injection.
I asked doctor he told risk is very RARE?

Now after 8 weeks my brothers kids are seriously sick and ill?

Is there any risk with USED SYRINGE with NEW NEEDLE for INTRAMUSCULAR INJACTIONS?

Do our kids need TESTING?

Offline sham2387

Re: Help
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 01:49:02 am »

Can any experts reply to me?

Plzzzzzzzzz

Offline sham2387

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:48 am »

Helllooooooo

Why nobody is replayin. Please reply please please

ann, rod anyone

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 03:32:07 am »
Reread the answers you received in the other forum you posted this question in.

Offline sham2387

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 03:53:35 am »
Ya but i wanted to check here also.

problem is now our kids are sick and having high fever and rash and nodes.

Thats why i am worried?

Just 2 question

Is there any risk with USED SYRINGE with NEW NEEDLE for INTRAMUSCULAR INJACTIONS?
Do we need TESTING?

I am not gonna ask anything

Offline sham2387

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 04:33:52 am »
Just answer me for the last time

Offline sham2387

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 05:01:38 am »
Just answer me for the last time plzzz anybody. I am not gonna ask anything. I dont want to get banned again plzzzz Rapid ROd

Offline sham2387

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 05:27:03 am »

Somebody plzzzzzzzzzz

Just wanna hear the answers and i promise i dont post anything again. believe me

Offline sham2387

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:14 am »
help me pls..

somebody reply?

whats the problem?

is there any risk?
Do our kids need testing? >:(

Offline sham2387

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 06:13:10 am »
hey plss some body help me.

Is it a risk to re use the syringe with new needles for IM injections?

It's life and death question for our kids. plssssszzzzz

Offline sham2387

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:33 am »
This is very un fair :(

I am asking this question hoping that i will get a clear answer. definitely not for me to my bro's kids.

Thay are falling sick like hell :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 07:22:37 am »
Sham,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You need to realise that repeated posting will not make us answer you any faster. All you're doing is increasing your post count.

The kids have not had a risk. As these were injections (as opposed to blood draws), blood from another patient would ONLY be present on the tip of the needle - not inside the syringe. The needle was changed between patients, so there is no risk.

Whatever is going on with the kids has nothing to do with hiv. They have not had a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sham2387

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 10:55:02 am »
thanks

Offline sham2387

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 12:11:59 pm »
got our life back.. Just few questio to ease our mind 1. I heard that when giving im injections they will pull back the plunger to see if they have it veins. So blood will flow back in to both needle and syringe right? But you are saying blood will be there only in the tip? 2. Since it's im injection not iv injection amount of blood involve here is less and is it enough to cause infection?  Finally my only concern is is there any way blood flows back in to syringe in im injections..  Please help me to understand.. Even we got injection there only.. Does it make any difference for adults and kids.. Anticipatin your reply

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 01:58:31 pm »
Enough. Have a good day.

Offline sham2387

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »
hi rod.
Thanks for the reply..
Anyways but i really want to know how it is no risk and i how will be there only in tip not in syringe.
Sorry for keep asking but want to leave from here wit 100% satisfaction.
Please.. Just answer my above question.. Ann body rod anybody

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 06:46:04 pm »
hi rod.
Thanks for the reply..
Anyways but i really want to know how it is no risk and i how will be there only in tip not in syringe.
Sorry for keep asking but want to leave from here wit 100% satisfaction.
Please.. Just answer my above question.. Ann body rod anybody
You have been advised that your kids did not have a risk of contracting HIV from getting an IM injection. This forum can be of no further help to you. See the kids doctor and raise your concerns.

Offline sham2387

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »
thank you very much rod.. Even we (adults) go and get injections in the same hospital.
So this no risk situation applicable for us also?
I swear this will be my last post in this forum..
Just yes or no answer pls really

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 07:47:48 pm »
Of course this is a no risk situation.

Welcome Thread

Offline sham2387

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 07:57:44 pm »
hi jkinatl.. Thanks..
So this is confirmed that re using of syringe with new needles everytime for intra muscular injections for kids and adults pose zero risk and testing for us and our kids are not required.. Just a confirmation to end this thread..

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »
Is is a used NEEDLE that poses a risk. You and your family are safe.

Welcome Thread

Offline sham2387

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 08:26:02 pm »
hi i did not understand this
is is a used needle.. You meant if it is a used needle?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 08:31:04 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:13 am »
Sham,

You told us repeatedly that the kids had INTRAMUSCULAR injections. This means the drug is injected into a MUSCLE, not a vein. Therefore there is no reason and no need to pull the plunger back to see if a vein has been hit - because the injection is not meant to be delivered into a vein.

This is NOT an hiv situation. NO RISK.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sham2387

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2012, 12:23:43 pm »
Hi Ann. I am very sorry. I never meant to offense anything here. When i checked with somebody they told me that to check and make sure that they haven't hit veins while giving injections, they will slightly pull back the plunger and if more blood comes they will discard the equipment. If little less blood appear they will proceed to inject the medicine. This conflict information confused me about re using the syringe. I am medically having zero knowledge and people here are experts. Thats why i came here. Conflict information made me to ask that question :(  you know we have been going to that hospital from 1 year and never checked. Not only our kids even whenever i fall sick and my mom dad everyone go and get injection there only. I just wanted to make sure that along with kids none of my family members including me are at risk because of syringe re used with new needle for intramuscular injections.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2012, 12:50:39 pm »
OK, now you know, Sham. And you can get on with your life. You have no basis for any concern about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline sham2387

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 05:26:28 pm »
Ok here it is. I swear i am moving on with this last question. You can really ban me if i ask furthermore question. I dont want to waste your precious time.
 1. Even though less or little blood appears in the syringe, it will be again injected back to body and there will not be any residual blood in syringe. So anyway needles are changed so on risk. A little blood will not make any difference to situation. Isn't it?7

2. Or whatever understanding i got from others is wrong? Mother swear i will move on. Full and final. No more questions.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 04:33:13 am »
Sham,

1. You've already been told that blood does not get into the syringe during intramuscular injections. I've had plenty of intramuscular injections in my day (over the course of 49 years) and the health care provider has NEVER pulled the plunger back before injecting. NEVER. There would be no blood in the syringe when giving intramuscular injections.

2. If you mean is the person wrong who told you that the plunger is pulled back during intramuscular injections, yes, that person is wrong.

If you have further questions or concerns about the flu vaccination procedure at this hospital, I suggest you talk to them.

If the kids continue to feel unwell, take them to a doctor. You need to understand that it is not unusual for patients to have a flu-like reaction after being given a flu vaccine. I did myself last year and several other times, but not this year.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. As this is your second time out, it will last for 56 days. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:40:02 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.