Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:49:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 646
Total: 646

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can anyone help me? I have hemorrhoids....  (Read 15378 times)

Offline Londonguy

Can anyone help me? I have hemorrhoids....
« on: June 28, 2006, 03:21:48 pm »
So erm yeah.  I have hemorrhoids.  They seemed to come about a few months ago after I had sex which was all a bit too rough for me, and they show no signs of going away unfortunately.

The thing is, they aren't causing me any pain at all, they're just there when I go to the toilet or something.  But it's put me off having sex for a while because I don't want them to appear in the middle of it.

I dont have a clue how to get rid of them.  I mean, everything I read seems to talk about treating the symptoms, but I don't have any.  I just want to get rid of them but I can't find much about that at all.  I presume it is possible to get rid of them somehow?  Please....lol

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: Can anyone help me? I have hemorrhoids....
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 03:42:20 pm »
hey...
quite literally, a pain in the backside (sorry...)

here is a link to some self-help/treatment information: http://www.hemorrhoidsinplainenglish.com/hemorrhoid/treatment-selfcare.htm

if you need more information, or the whole self-help thing isn't working, i'd suggest a chat to your pharmacist, or GP...and NHS direct are always only a phone call away...

Kate

Offline jay lassiter

• Lassiter Space
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 04:55:19 pm »
i'd suggest asking the doc or a nurse what to do.
or a pharmacist, they can give advise about anything in the drugstore.
poor guy!

Offline Consumed

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:57:05 pm »

You can either by a cream used for shrinking hemeroidsso they can retracton their own, or they cant be pushed back in. I know the later may sound like fun, but it hurts like hell. Only some one who knows how to do it should attempt it,like you Doctor.
LYS

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 07:29:34 pm »
Preparation-H

R - who suffered the purple-danglies himself after taking morphine after surgery.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 07:37:15 pm »
they aren't causing me any pain at all, they're just there when I go to the toilet or something. 

anyone please jump in if i'm even remotely off my rocker by asking the following:

Londonguy, is it at all possible it's something other than hemorrhoids? You said there's no pain. hemorrhoids usually cause pain. you said it's been awhile and they're still around. to my knowledge, hemorrhoids often heal in 7-14 days on their own. who told you they were hemorrhoids?

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 07:49:33 pm »
A fair point.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 07:58:43 pm »
My doctor wanted to check me for hemorrhoids so I dropped my pants and bent over. He than said No hemorrhoids Terry, your a perfect asshole.

Sorry I couldn’t help myself. LMAO! Oops. ;D

Terry (Who has been a pain in the ass on more occasions than not.)  ::)

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 09:19:01 pm »
I think the hemorrhoids only hurt if theyre OUTSIDE the body...U can have a problem with roids and not feel pain if they are still INSIDE.

Is it definitely hemorrhoids?  Maybe you have a fissure or something.

Check it out with your doctor.

Be well.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 09:26:40 pm »
No, mine hurt inside and they were the 'roids. I didn't have the hanging grapes.

R

Offline BB

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 09:35:23 pm »
You must be a newbie to hemorrhoids. Their really no big deal.

Keep having sex and putting ice cubes in the toilet.

Sooner or later when they get long enough, your hemorrhoids will touch the ice water in the toilet and snap right back into your butt. Problem solved!

BB

Ann who lost an "n" don't read this post cause I don't want any trouble!
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 12:26:42 am »
I remember having an attack of the dreaded 'droids after having sex on a beach one moonlit night.
It was very romantic. Pounding surf, champaign, full moon overshadowed by an eclipse, a lieutenant commander in the Navy - oh, what a night!  ;D ::)

OOOUCH, what a morning. You know how, when you're at the beach, sand seems to get into everything? Well, it did. It probably didn't help matters that we had been using hot lube (for you nostalgia buffs out there.)

My suggestion would be to keep your posterior clean, meaning a bath/shower each day and a couple of clean-ups with a wet, soapy washcloth during the day.
After a hot bath/shower, put a cold compress, ice pack or some such on it for a while. While a hot bath makes it feel better, it also encourages swelling. The cold will help shrink those danglies.

Then I would use a good hemmorhoid ointment. I use Preparation H. Not sure it thats available across the pond, though.

Good luck and hand in there.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 03:26:14 am »
They are just so painful, I had  an attack of them a month or two ago, went to the doctors and was prescribed “Proctofoam HC” it come with a small syringe type dispenser that you fill and then apply, it worked really well and cleared them in a few days, ask your Doctor about it.

John(UK)

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 07:29:41 am »
I think it is called Anusol in the UK

Offline Londonguy

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 07:37:58 am »
I'm pretty sure they're hemorrhoids.  Basically they're only noticable when I go to the toilet, and I can feel it's gotten kinda bumpy  :o If I look in the mirror it's like swollen, round purpley, but they normally go away after 10 or so minutes.

They honestly don't hurt at all though.  They did at first.  This guy was WAY too rough with me and did actually make me bleed, and for a few weeks after it hurt to go to the toilet.  But since then I still have the lumps if I strain on the toilet or something, but it isn't causing me much pain.  I'd just rather they weren't there.  Ill get myself down the GP I think. 

I just did a quick google image check and all the pictures are so extreme!  Why is it that all the pictures of STDs or medical ailments always seem to show a worst case scenario?  Anyway there were a couple of pictures there that seemed similar to me, although mine is nowhere near as bad as those thank god!

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 09:58:56 am »
Ask your doctor about a treatment called:  Proctofoam Rect

It looks like a small can of mousse but it works very well and gives instant relief.  I believe it is by prescription only.........GOOD STUFF!

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 08:45:23 am »
Yuck! I had an appointment with my proctologist to check whether everything's in order down there, and he found some hemorrhoids, apparently stage 1 which is the mildest form. We're gonna get rid of them before they get worse by injecting a special alcohol into them which makes them die and fall off. The whole procedure is repeated twice and takes about six weeks until complete clearance.

I asked him about just applying some cream or foam, but he said that's only for the symptoms not for the problem itself. Meanwhile, he said I should restrain from soap or wet tissues as the detergents would worsen the situation. No sitting too much, no pressing on the toilet, instead plenty of fibers, just dry soft tissue and plenty of baby cream would help to reduce the itching.

Does someone else have experiences with droid removal by the sclerotherapy method (that's the proper term for it)? Did it have an effect on your love life (I'm a romantic bottom now and I wouldn't like to be forced to switch to top again)?

Here's what I'm talking about: Sclerotherapy (Thank god no pictures)

PS. Sorry for digging out this old thread, I used the search function. Edited for spelling.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:48:07 am by Cerrid »
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline dixieman

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 02:18:16 pm »
sitz baths... eat fiber... if their still there go to a proctologist... everyone has to go to a butt doctor at one time in their lives... and why your there get a pap smear... its to check to see if you have abnormal cells in your retum... the doctor sticks a long Q-tip up your butt... oh and have the doctor check for HPV... get the works done... and stay away from that Roto Rooter man who plowed you! good luck!

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 02:30:49 pm »
Have a doctor or ARNP check your hemorrhoids. MY partner thought he had hemorrhoids, when I checked him, had to tell him they were not hemorrhoids but were genital warts. Have them checked out...

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 02:45:46 pm »
I thought I had hemies one time and even my nurse at the Doctors office thought that was it.  I ended up going to the tush doctor and I found out it was HPV.  So make sure it is not that like new said.  By the way if you start fiber start slowly and make sure you drink lots of water or you could end up with gas or stopped up because not enough water.
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline Cerrid

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 03:15:54 pm »
Okay thanks! It's definitely hemorrhoids. As I said, my proctologist already made the diagnosis. No warts, no HPV, that's for sure. And despite what others said, hemos are not sexually transmittable, they come from too much sitting and too much soft stool, thanks Kaletra.

We're now at the discussion how to treat it, and that's why I wanted to know your experiences on sclerotherapy.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 03:36:57 pm »
And despite what others said, hemos are not sexually transmittable
But a double penetration will also give you hemos :D

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Cerrid

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 04:10:28 pm »
But a double penetration will also give you hemos :D

Milker.

Oh really? LOL you don't mean hematoma, do you? milker?  :D

Offline luisoncln

• MY MSN SPACE
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 12:54:17 am »
HI,
Ill tell you what worked for me! Y-O-G-U-R-T !!!!

Not up there but drinking lots of it. yeah DRINK it , in a blender mix a cup of milk with one  of those half pint sized yogurts with fruit in it.....put some ice to make it nice and cool! drink one of these everyday for 3 to 5 weeks....and hemmies be gone!!!  After a long battle for about 2 years on and off with the dreaded hemmies, i finally got rid of them ...FOR GOOD! I have'nt had any problems since i tried this.... and this was about 3 years ago...!!!

Try it and good luck!!! I hope it helps,. it sure helped me....
 ;D

Offline northernguy

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 05:43:46 pm »
...  But since then I still have the lumps if I strain on the toilet or something, but it isn't causing me much pain. ..

There's your first problem..straining.  If you don't really have to poop don't sit on the toilet trying to force it out, that will cause 'roids.  Plus too many guys spend time sitting on the pot reading the paper etc, which puts pressure on your rectum.  Add fiber to your diet (oatmeal for breakfast etc).

My partner recently had a bad case and had to have 3 roids tied off with elastic bands.  There was some discomfort for a couple of days after each procedure, but it worked and he's now roid-free.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 08:58:34 pm »
Ouch, poor you!

Some thoughts.

Get em checked to make sure,  medical treatment as needed.

Get something for the discomfort asap (over the counter pharmacy).

Bowel care, ie drink lots of water, avoid constipating food (nuts, cheese), and maybe take a stool softener to avoid straining - (under advice - pharmacist or doc).

You'll be back in the saddle before you know it.

all the best.
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline Cerrid

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 11:31:23 am »
and maybe take a stool softener to avoid straining - (under advice - pharmacist or doc).

Thanks, Kaletra is pretty good as stool softener. No extra preparation needed. ;)

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 11:24:16 am »
LG, if you have external roids and they don't hurt/itch, you might want to do to the doc just in case they are genital warts.
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline bear60

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 11:41:55 am »
Only thing I have to say is:  Preparation H is your friend.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Cerrid

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 11:50:52 am »
Only thing I have to say is:  Preparation H is your friend.

Right. I need to ask. For us non-estadosunidensians, what does H stand for? Hydrogen? Heroin? Humpety-bumpety shaggin?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:52:30 am by Cerrid »

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:00 am »
One would assume "hemorrhoid"   wyeth.com, wiki, and the product website offer no other clue.

Incidentally.... I couldn't help but laugh at this website.  http://www.preparationh.com/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:57:30 am by dtwpuck »
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline bear60

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:58 am »
For us non-estadounidensians, what does H stand for? Hydrogen? Heroin? Humpety-bumpety shaggin?
//////////////
lol....I dont know what the H stands for....but it could be H(EMORRHOID )?
OPPS Puck beat me to it
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 02:46:47 pm »
Wait for the itching to begin.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.