Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Immunity Powerhouse, Anti-Inflammatory, Disease Fighting Fruit Puree  (Read 22169 times)

Offline Suntropic98

If any of you are interested in this Puree Blend praised by Oprah shoot me a private messege.

Offline Rivas

Re: Immunity Powerhouse, Anti-Inflammatory, Disease Fighting Fruit Puree
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:23:17 am »
I didn't see Oprah...

what's that all about?

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:54:11 am »
I didn't see Oprah...

what's that all about?

You have an email adress I can send the info to?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:20:21 am by Suntropic98 »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 10:50:53 am »
I didn't see Oprah...

what's that all about?

You might suggest getting the info in public, before giving out your email address.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 01:10:25 pm »

You might suggest getting the info in public, before giving out your email address.

Why the objection? Everyone that has sent me a private message I have given my email adress to and we've exchanged emails and I gave the info out. I cannot post it on here because I scanned the info into a .pdf file and I have to email it to people.  ;) I posted an online .pdf file but the link has broken down several times. Email is easier.

Why are you acting like an email adress is like someone's crown jewels? Sheesh.  ???

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 01:36:28 pm »
Just a little consumer protection...how much does it cost? Are you selling it? Do you make money off it? Just wondering?

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 01:50:11 pm »
Just a little consumer protection...how much does it cost? Are you selling it? Do you make money off it? Just wondering?

Oh thats cool  ;D And to answer your questions: 1-It depends on how much you want, 2-No, 3-No.

Kudos!  ;)

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 02:57:57 am »
The fruit that Oprah mentioned is the Acai Berry. It is one of the 10 superfoods discussed on her show. If one is patient, u can get alot of info online. This interest was sparked off by a book written by a Dr Perricone.

As with all anti-oxidant foods and supplements for PLWA and HIV, it has its benefits.

Incidentally, there is a thread here under Nutrition/Acai.

Peace!
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 12:50:51 pm »
The fruit that Oprah mentioned is the Acai Berry. It is one of the 10 superfoods discussed on her show. If one is patient, u can get alot of info online. This interest was sparked off by a book written by a Dr Perricone.

As with all anti-oxidant foods and supplements for PLWA and HIV, it has its benefits.

Incidentally, there is a thread here under Nutrition/Acai.

Peace!

Hi Merlin!

I have tons of info on it in a .pdf file if you want it. Nichols Perricone author of "The Perricone Promise" praises this elixir as do NBC's "The Today Show" host Matt Lauer, The Univeristy of Florida, CBS's Steve O'Brian, Men's Journal, The Washington Post, The London Times and Vogue magazine.

Hit me up on the Private Message if you want the info to read up on it.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 04:14:14 pm »
bump

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 10:02:59 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:49:07 pm by Iggy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 11:14:37 am »
Sun,

I think people are getting a little concerned here because as positive people, we need to be on our guard against quack "cures" and "immune system boosters". Many of us are living on fixed incomes and cannot afford to be conned into buying something at jacked up prices that doesn't actually do anything.

Now, I'm not saying this is what you are trying to do, I just want to explain to you the source of people's skepticism. Perhaps instead of asking for folks' email addresses, you could tell us where you got the info you scanned? I understand you're talking about hard copy that you turned into PDF files. Have you tried attaching the PDF files under your posts? (like some people post small pictures?) Click on the Additional Options link under the dialoge box to upload files. Both PDF files and Doc files are accepted.

People are wary of this kind of thing and frankly, I don't blame them. I am too.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Merlin

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 06:04:04 pm »
Well said, Ann and Iggy.

That's why I provided enuff info that will keep one busy for hours if one is truly patient and keen to learn more. Just type "Acai berry"  and hit google search and viola...like magic.

Blessed Be!

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline J220

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 06:45:05 pm »
ditto
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:48:53 pm by J220 »
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline water duck

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 11:28:16 am »
Michael/Merlin

Thanks for suggesting google search acai berry; i did and it made clear it is an antioxidant. I google antioxidants, it give a list of fruits and vegetables, surely , on this list, there must be some you can find locally, which will be cheaper , and quality wise better : less pachageing and transportation. We had the honours to read about virgin coconut oil, fermented papaya ...... what will be next ??

CREATION OF NEW PRODUCTS FOR CONSUMPTION !!

Human nature : the pasture over on the other side always look greener, sometime we forget, maybe they used twice as much SHIT (excuse my french ) to that end  ;) ;)

Siang

Offline Merlin

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 03:44:20 pm »
Hey Siang/Waterduck:

I believe your question should be directed at Suntropoic 98, who is touting his wares. He should take this one.. ;D

When I started a thread under Acai in the Nurition & HIV forum, I asked if anyone had heard of and tried the Acai Berry and waited for feedback. When not much useful info was given other than u grew an extra "leg" from taking it, I did my own research and even contacted some of the manufacturers and requested for more info. I learnt as much as I can, as with other so called wonder vege/fruits like; mangosteen, virgin coconut oil, Sutherlandia, tumeric, bitter melon, green tea...and so on. I left it at that when Suntropic 98 came into the thread to tout his magic formula. I ignored a reply to it for obvious implications. When he restarted his "thing" again under this new thread and wanted private emails, I felt the normal responsibility to just inform everyone that one can simply obtain more than enough info online with google search to form their own opinions as a precaution.
Like Ann, Dachshund, Iggy and J220, I believe one must be aware of dubious propositions.

Personally, I understand that there are many so called claims of "cure" out in the market. I have tried most of it so far for experience and wat I can afford and will give it a fair shot at the odds for promoting better health, not as replacement ARV meds therapy. I draw the line when I encounter doubtful materials. Most of these natural remedies cannot harm the body but whether they can do what is claimed is subject to personal and clinical confirmation. Whatever works 4 u will be your reality; whatever that does not, that too will be the reality. Do your own homework first and do it well. What u uncover could help save yourself and others. If that ever happens, share it.

That is why this forum is vital cos alot of good people here have, through their own experiences, shared the efficacy (and/or lack of it) of certain remedies. That hopefully, made us wiser to what to adopt and what to avoid.

Blessed Be ! 8)

Michael
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 09:14:47 pm by Merlin »

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 10:53:27 am »
Sun,

I think people are getting a little concerned here because as positive people, we need to be on our guard against quack "cures" and "immune system boosters". Many of us are living on fixed incomes and cannot afford to be conned into buying something at jacked up prices that doesn't actually do anything.

Now, I'm not saying this is what you are trying to do, I just want to explain to you the source of people's skepticism. Perhaps instead of asking for folks' email addresses, you could tell us where you got the info you scanned? I understand you're talking about hard copy that you turned into PDF files. Have you tried attaching the PDF files under your posts? (like some people post small pictures?) Click on the Additional Options link under the dialoge box to upload files. Both PDF files and Doc files are accepted.

People are wary of this kind of thing and frankly, I don't blame them. I am too.

Ann

I can send it to you if you like. Its like a brochure I scanned. I'll try the dialoge thing like you said, I had no idea. But I totally feel you on the fixed income thing, my funds are limited too and I budget like a bean counter.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 10:59:51 am »
Pirelli's Miracle Elixir

btw - I still don't see why you require e-mail addresses...no offense but it seems a little fishy. 

If it sounds "fishy" and you're skeptical....then don't bother with it, it's that simple. All I did was make mention of oprah and dr. perricone's thing they're ranting about and I made a post if anyone wanted to know about it email me. Jesus, you people act like getting someone's email adress is like getting their bank account number or something. Lighten the fuck up (excuse my french, too).

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 11:08:19 am »
Well said, Ann and Iggy.

That's why I provided enuff info that will keep one busy for hours if one is truly patient and keen to learn more. Just type "Acai berry"  and hit google search and viola...like magic.

Blessed Be!

Again, oh bestowing blessed one, if it was just about the Acai Berry then your post would have been sufficient enough....but its not. There are over 15-20 different fruits in this puree and 1/2 of which I've never even seen in a supermarket, health store or or any sort of bazzare. I would not have made the post if it was all about the Acai berry, get it? I'm not trying to be rude, childish or throw out some sacastic antic towards you but it seems like you're hiding behind a veil of "protectiveness" when in fact you're just pissed because nobody really gave 2 shits about your thread because it was poorly written and extremely vague in regards to information. If you haven't learned anything yet about people today, most people don't have the time to go and search the net for hours on end and would rather read a nice, well written article and then decide if it's interesting enough to continue researching.

Bless yourself, I don't need it.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 11:33:07 am »
Hey Siang/Waterduck:

I believe your question should be directed at Suntropoic 98, who is touting his wares. He should take this one.. ;D

When he restarted his "thing" again under this new thread and wanted private emails, I felt the normal responsibility to just inform everyone that one can simply obtain more than enough info online with google search to form their own opinions as a precaution.
Like Ann, Dachshund, Iggy and J220, I believe one must be aware of dubious propositions.

Personally, I understand that there are many so called claims of "cure" out in the market. I have tried most of it so far for experience and wat I can afford and will give it a fair shot at the odds for promoting better health, not as replacement ARV meds therapy. I draw the line when I encounter doubtful materials. Most of these natural remedies cannot harm the body but whether they can do what is claimed is subject to personal and clinical confirmation. Whatever works 4 u will be your reality; whatever that does not, that too will be the reality. Do your own homework first and do it well. What u uncover could help save yourself and others. If that ever happens, share it.

That is why this forum is vital cos alot of good people here have, through their own experiences, shared the efficacy (and/or lack of it) of certain remedies. That hopefully, made us wiser to what to adopt and what to avoid.

Blessed Be ! 8)

Michael

Michael-

Why are you personally coming at me objectively? Do you have a thing for making other people look bad or are you one of those people who has to always top what someone else says? There was no proposition made, there was no touting and most importantly there was no mention whatsoever of any "cure" for anything. Have you been smoking crack? What the hell is wrong with you? Are you in a dry spell? Why are you making up bullshit in regards to my thread? Stop putting words in my mouth and actually do something productive for the day. Anyone I have sent that info to, I never said it cures anything or anything remotely like that. I know what it has done for me and a few other people and thats about it. Obviously it can't be too bad if plenty of people have nothing but good reports about it. Stop trying to play George Bush, you're not the police and you're certainly no medical expert on anything. I don't see M.D. next to your name nor is it next to mine. I'm not going around discrediting anything you've posted about and I don't appreciate you doing it to me. Thanks.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 08:03:48 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:49:30 pm by Iggy »

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 10:04:48 am »
Sunny - why didn't you mention this study in this thread when you were asking for e-mail addresses? 

In addition by your own post in the linked thread you state that you are selling it yet you point blank said you weren't to Dachshund's direct question of this:

Methinks you got 'splaining to do sunny

Its not the same thing. It consists of the "elixir" and things I have added. Thats why I made no mention of it in my thread. Good enough? And for the record, I don't have to explain anything unless I did something wrong.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:07:24 am by Suntropic98 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 11:24:06 am »
Hi all-

I'm conducting a trial on the effects of the Acai Berry and it's relevence to the improvement of HIV infected individual's CD4/T-cell counts in addition to achieving and retaining the "undetectable" status of one's viral load. When I finish it and I have all the lab results in from the trial period, which is looking pretty damn good, I will post all the information. And just so you know, I am doing a trial that will show the effects while consuming the acai berry and also what happens when you stop and then you start back on it. And when I'm done, if you're convinced by the results, those of you that want can try for yourself free of charge from me personally and if you like it we can talk about reasonable prices should any of you want to buy my "miracle potion". Its not Acai Berries specifically but a drink made primarily of Acai Berry but with other fruits.....and it tastes good. I will post all information on the drink itself as well.

-Sunny

Its not the same thing. It consists of the "elixir" and things I have added. Thats why I made no mention of it in my thread. Good enough? And for the record, I don't have to explain anything unless I did something wrong.

Sunny,

The problem here is that you are not permitted to sell a product like this on this forum. The following is taken from the AIDSmeds.com forums' Terms of Membership.

Messages posted to the AIDSmeds.com Forums must not contain marketing information, either from a pharmaceutical company; a healthcare provider (i.e., seeking to provide services to the HIV community); or the manufacturer or distributor of a complementary, alternative, herbal, traditional, and/or surgical treatment approach.

You are dangerously close to violating these Terms of Membership, which you agreed to when you joined these forums and I'm going to have to ask you to stop.

If you have general information about Acai Berries, then post it here in the forums without requiring people to send you their email address. I've already told you how to attach PDF files and I'm sure someone who knows how to put a fancy banner in their signature line will be able to figure out how to attach the files.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 11:46:15 am »
Ann jumped in here just as I was mulling over doing the same, Sunny.

You can mention something you think is useful without either selling it or getting into duels with others about.

There have been many snake oil threads in the past which is why you may find people to be suspicious, especially when you ask for e mail addresses. That request may seem small potatoes to you but it's a privilege which others have abused in the past.

It's very clear at this point that you think this is good stuff. Why not leave it at that and desist from participating in further increasingly peevish exchanges, and I am making that point to other readers who have gotten stirred up here.

Play nice, please.
Andy Velez

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 09:04:34 am »
Ann jumped in here just as I was mulling over doing the same, Sunny.

You can mention something you think is useful without either selling it or getting into duels with others about.

There have been many snake oil threads in the past which is why you may find people to be suspicious, especially when you ask for e mail addresses. That request may seem small potatoes to you but it's a privilege which others have abused in the past.

It's very clear at this point that you think this is good stuff. Why not leave it at that and desist from participating in further increasingly peevish exchanges, and I am making that point to other readers who have gotten stirred up here.

Play nice, please.

Hi Andy!

Thank you for your response, but I would like to reiterate to you that I am not selling anything. And the "duels" (if thats what you think they are) were brought on by people attacking me who either put words in my mouth or made me out to be something I'm not. I fully accept what you're saying about the email thing, and believe me you will not see me asking for anyone's email adress for anything in the future. Thank you.

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 09:12:54 am »

Sunny,

The problem here is that you are not permitted to sell a product like this on this forum. The following is taken from the AIDSmeds.com forums' Terms of Membership.

You are dangerously close to violating these Terms of Membership, which you agreed to when you joined these forums and I'm going to have to ask you to stop.

If you have general information about Acai Berries, then post it here in the forums without requiring people to send you their email address. I've already told you how to attach PDF files and I'm sure someone who knows how to put a fancy banner in their signature line will be able to figure out how to attach the files.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Ann-

That post you quoted, was from a different thread. So why are you bringing up something that has nothing to do with this thread? I'm going to have to ask you to stop making up BS to exhalt your moderating authority when I have done nothing wrong. These were two completely different threads/subjects and this particular thread we're in right now has nothing to do with me selling anything. Is that definitive enough for you?

And in regards to your comment, that was rude, attaching the .pdf I have did not work...otherwise I would have done it already. I have not asked for any email adresses since a few people got their panties in a wad, so tell me where I have violated the TOS?

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 04:00:01 pm »
can this juice help make a person more calm? ???

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 04:32:09 pm »
Well, it says it has "anti-inflammatory" properties... :D
People have the power - Patti Smith

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 09:00:02 am »
Well, it says it has "anti-inflammatory" properties... :D

well chug a lug i say.

hit that bottle, drink up, something, anything  :D

Offline Merlin

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 09:54:41 pm »
One can just scan a brochure as a jpg or pdf file and post it on the following sites;
picturetrail, yahoo pictures, Myspace or even as a simple blog...just to name a few. Then simply share the link for everyone to view the contents.

It's a matter of whether one wants to or not, instead of ranting, attacking and making excuses like a spoilt 3 year old. Will be really interesting now to see if any real useful substance comes out of all these ramblings on these threads, or just more hot air. And here's something to end this charade, send the "miracle" info to this specially created email and I'll make it accessible to everyone here. Of course if nothing useful comes out of this offer, it's obvious who needs the crack more (maybe that's the miracle cure).. ;D Like weed to be useful, u gotta grow up sunnyboi. ;)

Here's the email=>> free_info1234@yahoo.com

Now do something productive as per your own quote and stop whining & bitching...boring..yawn..zzz ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:39:10 am by Merlin »

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 08:09:05 pm »
just pick up a power juicer. you can find a good one for about 100 bucks. i juice everyday. apples, carrots, Cale, Cranberries, Cucumbers, a little fresh Ginger, Oranges, Pears, red beats. i got the juicer made by Jack La lane. it comes with a recipe book. there's no magic recipe. it's just fresh, fresh, fresh and everyday.  mix all those together and it goes straight to the gut. that dude is like older than dirt and stronger than an ox so it's gotta help some how.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

SFscruff

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 10:14:25 pm »
Oprah was pushing it?  Not to dis the reigning queen of body composition ups and downs, but really, wouldn't that be a little like Joan Crawford giving helpful tips and thoughtful suggestions on child rearing?

Scruff

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 01:09:33 am »
Don't forget when you juice, you remove your fiber friend... who helps with juice from the other end.

Drew

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 08:35:04 pm »
Don't forget when you juice, you remove your fiber

True, juicing does remove much fiber, but the removal isn't 100%

You can eat a salad after drinking a juice. It's not as redundant as it sounds, people  :D  :D

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 07:50:33 am »
Don't forget when you juice, you remove your fiber friend... who helps with juice from the other end.

Drew

Exactly!    I've bout had it with those selling snake oil to people with HIV and other diseases.   Why not just eat the damn fruit?   I don't buy most of these high priced deals.   I'm not saying this one is.   I'm just saying that it's pathetic that people take advantage of others in this way.

Most recently, I have heard about some local "Neuropath doctor"  injecting shit into people with HIV.  I looked at her website and it seemed like a crock of shit to me.  I want to know what the Hell she's injecting people with.   

Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 09:17:23 am »
Why not just eat the damn fruit? 

LOL!  :D  :D

Seems you 'shoot straight from the hip'!!

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2006, 01:41:04 pm »
they say by juicing you skip the process that stomach has to do in order to break food down and digest it. it's already ready togo straight to work feeding the 100 million cells that line the gut walls.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 11:40:49 pm »
Well in NYC sometimes you;ll see a juice cart (instead of a coffee/donut cart) catering to the busy 9-to-5'ers

The main argument against this is price, but the arguments in favor are 1. the digestion thing (absorption) as antibody said, 2. the time-saving, 3. overall convenience, 4. etc

Would these same 9-to-5'ers go through the juicing hassle at home before commuting to work? I doubt it

Whole fruits, vegs, salads etc are great of course but i think those things are more realistic for the weekends for people who work

Offline bear60

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 11:31:37 am »
I remember seeing ( and enjoying) juices from juice stands in South America. As I remember it though.....the juices were not EXTRACTED from the fruits but rather pulpy juicy fruits were added to something in a blender.  Then it was whipped up and served like that.  Papaya, mango and banana...yum.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 01:02:11 pm »
wow, this thread is still growing...

Sorry guys, I've been away for awhile. How is everyone?  :D ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.