Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:12:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 252
Total: 253

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: We Need New Ambassadors!  (Read 19864 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
We Need New Ambassadors!
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:31:18 pm »
This is serious!

The two we've currently got have clearly lost it!

For example:

(Please note I am not making specific reference to either ambassador's names in the interest of fairness!)

1.  In the last PM SHE suggested we try and find "maple flavored condoms" for the goody bags.  SHE then went on to ask what flavor lube would go best with those condoms.   ::)

2.  HE switches back and forth from French to English in such a way that I find confusing.  (Note:  I may or may not have committed everyone to participate in a strip tease burlesque show at 11:30 p.m. on Friday!)

3.  They are both up to something.  They have some sort of SECRET  that they refuse to disclose. (Or at least I suspect they do.  They make casual reference to it, but when asked they play dumb!) That scares me frankly!

RAB

(Who is in awe  of SAE and The Canuck for how much they are doing for us--even if he suspects they are evil!)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
Re: We Need New Ambassadors!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:41:21 pm »
RAB, I think I might know what is going on . . .

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:52:12 pm »
I feel compelled to defend myself....

I was in my office working on AMG stuff when SUDDENLY it hit me...

Maple Flavored condoms from the Great White North POLE.

Sae
(who doesn't understand what playing dumb means)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:40:16 pm by Sae »
Meh.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:14:26 am »
ummmmm.  Now I don't know what to think. But I have to tell you MR. GDAMG guy, these ambassadors looped a double-whammy on me.  However, it goes down, I'm going to stand in their corner.  I'm hooked and it's too late to do anything about it now.  If they're going down, I'm going down with them....

robert 

(who just loves maple syrup on its own and is ending the month in an exceptionally good mood considering it was 117' here the other day.)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:17:23 am »
The two we've currently got have clearly lost it!

Does it mean I shall resigned ?  ???

The Canuck
(Who isn't personally crazy of Maple syrup)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:19:05 am by The Canuck »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 02:06:57 am »
I'm with you Robert...,if we can grab a few bottles of maple syrup on the way down then I'm sticking with SAE and Canuck...sorry Rab but maple syrup will win every time.

Hugs
Jan
(who thinks SAE and Canuck are definitely evil....but in a good way... ;))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 09:02:29 am »
Yes!  Much thanks for the ambassadors.  Lots time and efforts being expended for a good cause. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 12:32:18 pm »
if we can grab a few bottles of maple syrup on the way down then I'm sticking with SAE and Canuck...sorry Rab but maple syrup will win every time.

You'll be able to get as much as you want...this is fairly easy to find all over the place.

I suspect Rab is a bit jealous and would like to be a Canadian ambassador, but he can't as he's working undercover....he might be a Canadian agent working in the USA. The word '' maple '' translates in French to '' éRABable ''. This is where he picked his '' code name ''.  8)

The Canuck

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 03:13:16 pm »
Excuse me, but why is anyone threatened by this poster, who will be in bed by 9pm?  His idea of a "night on the town" includes a happy hour, early-bird dinner and then bedtime.  Strip show?  HA!!  (Actually I have heard rumors that the real RAB is encased in a pod in the basement of his home.  How else would you account for such a great body, housing such an old man??? LOL You know I love you.)

I think someones just crabby because of all the great things the rest of us will do, while he sleeps.

And get this straight, the BEST MAPLE SYRUP is from Vermont.  Enough said.

Personally, I hope that our Ambassadors have surprises planned, because I know that I do (insert nefarious laugh here).

One last thought for you Canuck, RAB is hardly a code word, but rather his initials, or that is what he claims!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:18:48 pm by killfoile »

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 03:21:57 pm »
RAB is hardly a code word, but rather his initials, or that is what he claims!!!

Well..this is what he pretends of course...but we know better now. N'est-ce pas éRABle dear ?  8)

The Canuck

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 04:46:24 pm »
This is all a little too secret squirrel for me.  You people are nuts.  This is not a sticky situation...well...maybe for those who like that kind of thing.

Canuck:  SLKDFDIF DF DFRWINFTL.....D'accord?

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Sae
(who totally disagrees with the Vermont syrup claim)

Meh.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 05:22:45 pm »
Oui sae....ftyopv.....gbfvxw....jpléà.... ;)

The Canuck

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 06:25:42 pm »
Now, now you two...we will have no bad language on the forums if you don't mind.....SAE you be nice to Canuck...Canuck say your sorry to SAE.. ;)

I think Rab is being a sour puss...he just hates to be left out on anything..(but I love him when he sulks) :)

Hugs
Jan :-*
(who doesn't care where the best Maple syrup comes from as long as she can get some)

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 06:49:34 pm »
I don't know.  I think this GDAMG guy, whoever he is, is nothing but a RAB ble-Rouser.  And I think he's just starting.  For the next 6 weeks it's going to be nothing but  bitch.....bitch.....bitch.....

robert

(maybe we can sweeten him up with some of that syrup)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:52:15 pm by Robert »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 07:26:51 pm »
Hey Canuck,

OK, I'll bite.  Just what would a Canadian agent be discovering in the US?  What would he be looking to find?  You already have Harper, so you don't need any more assholes.  Anyway, don't secret agents have to do things after 9pm?  Rules him out completely.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 10:15:49 pm »
Hey Joe

I happen to know that Rab took the Secret Agents job because they promised him there would be no night shift (I can't tell you everything I know..because it's a secret)..but, apparently there is a shortage of little Agents with great bodies... ;)...but you didn't hear that from me..ok.

Hugs
Jan :)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 11:37:27 pm »
Dear Dame Jan,

Great body?  OMG, that an understatement.  But undercover, not our RAB, no way.  RAB is RAB.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 11:45:32 pm »
or RAB is éRABle  8)

The Canuck

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 11:56:45 pm »
OK, I'll bite.  Just what would a Canadian agent be discovering in the US?  What would he be looking to find?

Ouch...( for the bite )...well we don't know for sure...He might be working for Harper and trying to bring more '' conservative ideas '' to Canada !!!?? You know with spying...you never know what they have under their sleeves. He could be a '' daylight agent ''...and therefore have the possibilities to be in bed at 9:00 pm.

I'd like to point out our dear éRABle disappeared ( or shall I say vanished ? ) since his original message starting this thread.  8)

The Canuck

Offline Robert

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10:55 am »
The GDAMG guy has vanished?  ummmm..  Something is going on here.  I did a little sleuthing myself.  Killifoile mentioned something about
BEST MAPLE SYRUP

I got out my Tom Swift Decoder Ring and discovered that "BEST MAPLE SYRUP" is an anagram for          SLURPPY BE[d] Mates. 

Code names. Anagrams. Last calls at 9P.   ANd now this guy has up and disappered.

Red Herrings anyone?

robt
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:12:29 am by Robert »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 08:16:14 am »
 ;D

Disappeared my ass!  I've been sold down the river and outed that's what's happened.  And all for what?  A damn condom and a bottle of maple syrup!

They'll turn on you in a minute!

RAB

(Who washes his hands of this whole affair.  He tried to warn everyone of the need for new Ambassadors and the potential havoc the current ones were probably going to cause.  But would anyone listen? )   >:(

NO!

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 09:18:25 am »
Dear GDAMG guy,
We have gently tolerated your jealous snit so far, BUT......I fear your paranoia, and Napoleanic attitude  are manifesting your delicate condition. If you insiist on pressing the matter, we will be left no choice but to administer your meds by force, and put you to bed early............
Keep it up, and we'll take away your maple syrup priveleges too.
Now young man, have I made myself perfectly clear?

.......Dear Ambassadors,
I apologize for our RABid little patient, he just got away from us for a moment. We will make a concerted effort to exert better control of him in the future.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 10:21:58 am »
Disappeared my ass!  I've been sold down the river and outed that's what's happened.  And all for what?  A damn condom and a bottle of maple syrup!

My dear éRABle, it was definitely a case of '' hit and run ''. Perhaps with some extascy in your bottle of maple syrrup you would go to bed only at 10:00 instead of 9:00, wouldn't you ?  :P

The Canuck

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 10:49:36 am »
RAB would it make it better if the syrup was warmed up???  ;D
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline GregoryScott611

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 11:29:17 am »
Hello All, it's been much to long!!!  ;D  It's been so long, my old account was deleted.  You know how long it took me to figure out how to get my picutre on as my icon?  lol

Well I wish I could attend this year, I'd love to be an Ambassador!  I have an amazing new career (thank God) and the end of Aug to mid Sept there is a vacation black out at work.  Plus I have medical expenses and I'm saving up for a $2700 bill in September.

I might be able to somehow put 2 days off back to back.  I won't know till closer till then.

So how's it going?  What's up.  Anyone driving TO to Montreal for only 2 days?

Offline Robert

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 03:18:41 pm »
It is so good to hear from you.  Rocky (RAB) asked about you the other day and I know he'll be pleased to hear from you.

Glad to hear things are going good.  That's what concerned us but we need not have been worried.  You know the old adage, "no news is good news."

We sure would love to see you, if only for the weekend but we certainly understand.  Like I said, just hearing from you is news enough and a great relief.

By the way, all of us got the boot from the old AIDSMEDS.  Everything is new so we've all had to re-learn.

When you have time, please come back and tell us what you're doing.  I'll send Rocky a PM to let him know you checked in.

take care
robt (once known as redbluff)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 04:50:17 pm »
Hi Greg:

Thanks for checking in and sounds like the job is going very well for you.

I hope you can make it up to Montreal, for 2 days---or however many.  I'll keep my fingers crossed! 

RAB

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 05:43:20 pm »
Hey Greg,

Good to see you around here.  Alan, (doyourowndamndishes) is coming over to visit, you might check with him.  Don't know how he is getting there, but I'll leave that up to you guys.

For those of you who don't know him, here he is in all his glory.

In Love.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 05:45:57 pm by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 08:42:27 pm »
Hey Greg,

Great to hear from you and it would be great if you could come to Montreal for a few days.  So happy to hear the new job is going well and hopefully your health is doing the same?

Alan,

It's great that you are attending as well.  Really look forward to seeing you again.

And all this brouhaha over the ambassadors is totally irrelevant in relation to RAB, because he will be in bed by nine and so what he doesn't know, can never hurt us.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:44:38 pm by killfoile »

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 12:56:17 am »
Since I have been named as an official shepard for the pub crawl, I would like to ask if a volunteer would come forward to walk Rab home at 8:45pm, so he can be in bed at his prescribed time.
Thank you for your consideration on this matter.

Lisa
(who is glad she doesn't have to take the princess home, and tuck her in) ;)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2006, 08:24:57 am »
YOU ARE ALL GOING TO BURN IN HELL!

RAB

(Who knows debauchery when he sees it!   :o)

(Who's mama has passed on so he can't be a "princess", he is now a QUEEN!)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2006, 09:20:18 am »
God Save The Queen

The Canuck

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 06:35:38 pm »
AMEN TO THAT CLAUDE....

Hugs
Jan
(who loves the old Queen... ;))

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 06:36:41 pm »
God Save The Queen

The Canuck

Don't drag me into this! ;)

MtD

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 06:41:38 pm »
There's too many...so GOD SAVE THE QUEENS would had been more appropriate.  :P

The Canuck

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.