Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:33:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 477
Total: 478

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My PMMA Facial Results!  (Read 17712 times)

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
My PMMA Facial Results!
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:36:02 pm »
This is the result of my PMMA facial treatment. The results looks good compared to how the lipo had affected my face. My body weight and form had been stable but the fat from my face was deleted. It went bad when I became "undetectable" last year. To me it was the meds. I'm still on the same regimen, though. I've had two facial treatments so far and my last will be on April 14th. There are 100 cc's injected in my face; 70 were injected in the first treatment and 30 were injected in the cheekbone area on my second session (6 weeks later). In my opinion the work is done, so I don't know what the doc will say or do on my last session. He is a great doc and a wonderful humanitarian who is dedicated to help positive patients. The process is sort of painful but you forget about it once you get off the chair. The face does get swollen and may bruise (mine did), so be prepared to look like a chipmunk for a week. I had to let my beard grow because the difference was obvious and I knew my coworkers were going to make some remark. They either thought I gained weight, thought the well trimmed beard made my face look "rounder", or thought I had some back molars removed! I once again feel secure about myself in public and in the daylight. It's all great except that now I feel so empowered that I even talk to my boss like if HE was the employee and I his supervisor. Lol! I just don't take crap from anyone anymore. I have to learn to control my temper now before I have to search for a new partner...and a new job!  ;D (Oh, and I do have dimples so I told the doc not to touch them!) Temporary pics, will remove Sunday.

~Edited to remove the pics before they "freeze" on this forum at 48 hours. I can post them at another time in this same thread. Just ask and I'll have no problem posting them for another 32 hours.~

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:00:00 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Re: My PMMA Facial Results!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:22:13 pm »
Speechless. I must say although you had facial lipo, your sex appeal was still there. Your eyes, are gorgeous.

You look much more different, and with all do respect, alot better. I am almost in tears as I type because I know how lipo can be something very difficult to deal with. You are a trooper in my eyes and I appreciate you sharing this wonderful experience with us. You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy. Those dimples are sooooooooooooo cute. I should stop.

Thank you cutie for sharing the pics with us, i would luv to see more  ;).

Gracias papito

Al
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline bobino

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:33:17 pm »

Catman,

Just wanted to say that you look great.  You made the right choice.  I'm happy for you.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline dlno63

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 03:20:22 pm »
Hey,
so sorry i missed the pics. i really wanted to see them. please consider posting them again. thanks!

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 07:28:06 pm »
OK. Here they are ,again, for 32 hours only. I added the one in leather today.

~Removed again, because I'll get out of work late tomorrow and may not log in before the 48 hours have expired. I don't mind sharing them with others, I just don't want them here permanently. Feel free to ask me to post them at another moment...~thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate that a lot and feel free to email  any questions about the procedure. I'm happy to help~
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:58:35 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline dlno63

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 07:46:06 pm »
You look great! thanks.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 02:16:35 am »
You look great! It really is an amazing difference. Congrats!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 11:09:30 am »
isn't he dreamy.....

Hi Catman  ;D
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 07:33:27 pm »
Well, now that time has gone by, about 7 months, and I have totally almost forgot I had noticeable facial lipo, I've decided to post a permanent pic. This was taken last month, so it's recent. I guess this is how my face would have been if the lipo never happened. The dimples are mine. I told the doc NOT to touch them, he didn't put pmma anywhere under to that spot. He was good... 8)
Modified to add a larger pic...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:42:14 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline mjmel

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 07:46:34 pm »
Good Grief, Catman. Get closer than that if you want us to see those dimples!
Mike

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 07:51:00 pm »
ROTFLMAO! I didn't think the shot was going to be that far once I downloaded this pic!!!! Ha,ha! I'm sorry, I wasn't teasing, but I can't stop laughing...! I'll get another pic as soon as possible. PROMISE! :D
Modified just now...
Ok, here's a closer pic which I did not intend to use. I had just arrived from work and was tired but, it's still a close up. This one might go off tomorrow evening if I don't forget.

Modified to eliminate the pic. Sorry...but the right to modify is still lurking after 48 hours!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:00:44 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 06:50:25 pm »
 After giving it much thought, I have decided to place my previous pics after my pmma treatment, and I feel pretty much comfortable by letting them "freeze" on this page. After seeing that over 800 persons have read this thread I'm convinced that someone else can get some positive feedback for themselves in making a decision to use pmma or whatever they prefer. Also, GSOgymrat has left his pics and even his own webpage about the lipo treatment. Since I see it is a good thing, I will follow his example, and let this thread of mine show variety to the facial lipo topic and how treatments vary and benefit each individual in its own way. The first treatment was in January this year, to this day, my face has held up greatly. Every 5-6 month I will be taking pics of my face because I'm really curious as to see how long it will last. So far, so good...and for the moment, I do believe it was worth each penny! :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline mjmel

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 06:58:19 pm »
Glad you feel that way, sweetie.
YOU look good, too!
 :-*
Mike

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 11:08:26 am »
Fantastic results! You look great. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Offline northernguy

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 01:14:20 pm »
Mmmm who's my leather daddy ;D  Thanks for sharing the pics, its great to see it was so successful. 
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52:06 pm »
Mmmm who's my leather daddy ;D  Thanks for sharing the pics, its great to see it was so successful. 

;D ;D ;D
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 06:42:06 pm »
You look great, thanks for posting@! One question: where did you have the procedure done?

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 06:07:24 pm »
 Oh my, I had forgotten about posting this!
 Anyways, It's been 2 years with the PMMA treatment and it still holds with no negative reactions. I had my procedure in Ponce, Puerto Rico by a Family Physician who received his training in France. I believe he also uses Restylene, Sculptra and something like "biopolimero" (that's in Spanish) besides the PMMA. Most of my filling is PMMA but I think he added something else to build a "bridge" at the sides of my jaw line. I haven't spoken with him since a checkup over a year ago, so I have no idea if he is still doing the procedure. He does have a special room for fillings with a custom made reclining chair for clients, all perfect and private for the procedure. He is trustworthy and sincere with this specific procedure, and the injections DO hurt a little, but they won't kill you! The result is wonderfull after the 1-2 week swelling goes down, but it all depends on the amount of filling injected. His name is Ivan Melendez Rivera, MD. If you or anyone need his office number or email, send me a private email at this web page.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:14:35 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.