Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Introduce yourself

<< < (60/63) > >>

timmm55:
New to the site, but POZ is old news! LOL

Diagnosed in San Diego 1985 I think, maybe early 86.  I had already lost an ex boyfriend so I wasn't surprised. My chiropractor Joe first noticed my swollen lymph nodes and oral thrush...that was as bad as it ever got.  Joe recommended a holistic approach. It was his best friend, Victor "Tito" that died so suddenly. Tito was a really fit 43, worked out, softball, Over the line, etc. He went into the hospital and never came out. I was 28, but so naive I didn't know what "ICU" was. 

I was dating Jimmy when Tito died. Joe never told me he was POZ and died within a year. I quickly chucked the holistic crap! I "fired" my regular doctor when he said I had 2 years to live.

Later I dated Larry, who was a Lt. Com. Dentist in the Navy. I started the early AZT trials, but the low dose level....based on Navy trials. Only had a problem with a few meds later. Crixivan: kidney stones and "Crix Shits" and Sustiva "dreams". My Ts were always around 700 even then. After several years they started slowly dropping to 400. I started the  the cocktail and they shot up to 1600 at one point.

I've been undetectable even before I knew what it was. Ts are 1000 and all blood work is "normal". The worst problem was cholesterol, but even that is good now.

I was POZ by the second photo! Puts my life in perspective!

CMylight:
Hello all LTS's. I am very happy to have found and be apart of this special forum for LTS. I am at times wondered, if we were ancient and forgotten.No one can tell the days of the beginning better than us who have been around this epidemic for some time. We all know by now HIV/AIDS is no longer the death sentence it once was back in the 80's.Todays generation are bless and benefiting from the struggles of our pioneers.I believe we must stress the importance of education and prevention to those infected as well affected.I am a African American male that has been diagnosed and living with HIV/AIDS since 1985. I was in such denied and unaccepting for a long time. The media said it was a gay white man disease ( GRID ). Little did I know and realize it's not who you are but would you do that leads into becoming infected. The same thing concerning MSM the white gay men were doing, I was also doing the same. I mean ouch!!!! I kept my secret for 16 long years being infected.Today I accept my status and doing very well with treatment. HiV is what I have but not who I am.Acceptance, education, and freedom of expression as set me free today. The journey continues until there is a cure.

BT65:
Hi CM,
Welcome to the LTS"ers forum!  Nice to hear from you.  My name is Betty and I'm one of the moderators.  I've been diagnosed since '89.  Going through a rough patch but I will get out of it (you know how we do sometimes).  Hope to hear more from you!

Betty

harleymc:
Welcome CMy.

Wade:
Welcome Cm !

( GRID )  That's an ugly term we would all like to forget !

Look forward to hearing more from you,

Best,Wade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version