Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:32:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 492
Total: 492

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: More positive than ever before  (Read 5001 times)

Offline Andal

More positive than ever before
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »
Young guy writing from Spain. I am one of those who always thought this could never happen, but a month ago, following a tough disease I would later call "seroconvertion", I knew I was HIV+. Blame, shame and fear only lasted a few days and fortunately my parents and friends were very understanding and supported me since the beginning. Two weeks after my diagnosis, I started my meds and now I feel pretty much healthy.

What I wanted to share with you is that I've been reading your posts for some days and I have to say you're a source of optimism. Whenever I feel I can't deal with the idea of a chronic condition, I only need to get in here and see how most of you are living complete and fulfilling lives as any other. What I've learnt something from all this process is how important the love of family and friends is and how much every second of your life counts.

Now I feel I need to some day engage with the work of any organisation and help others understand that there's a very long life out there to be enjoyed. I know I will never get this bug out of me but, if it allows me to be a support for others, at least I'll feel that those hard first days will be some kind of worthy.

;)

Offline Tonny2

Re: More positive than ever before
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:04:06 pm »

ojo       HOLA MAJO, BIENVENIDO AL FORO

I'M SORRY FOR YOUR DX', BUT YOU ARE RIGHT, FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS A GOOD SOURCE OF SUPPORT...DO YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH US WHAT MEDS ARE YOU ON?.

I LIKE TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO ARE POSITIVE AFTER A HIV DX IT HELPS A LOT, TRUST ME, IT HAS HELPED ME A LOT DURING MY 21 YEARS OF LIVING WITH MY BODY THE BUG, SO, KEEP UP THE GOOD ATTITUTE...GLAD TO HEAR YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR OTHERS BY SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE, THAT'S WHY WE TRY TO DO HERE...TE DESEO BUENA SUERTE, ABRAZOS                          OJO

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:16:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you have started treatment and have supportive friends and family.
We are here for you if you need us and hope to hear more from you on the forum.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »
Hello Andal welcome here.
Its truly sucks you got HIV.
ON the bright side, you get to live in fabulous Spain, so there's that!  Hope you do well on the treatment.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline harleymc

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:31:29 pm »
Hola Andel

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 08:58:15 am »
Just wanted to join the others in welcoming you.  This forum is a wonderful source of support, so if you need us, we're here.  Glad to hear your family and friends are supportive, that can make a big difference. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Andal

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:16:37 pm »
Thank you all for your comments!  :)

I'M SORRY FOR YOUR DX', BUT YOU ARE RIGHT, FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS A GOOD SOURCE OF SUPPORT...DO YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH US WHAT MEDS ARE YOU ON?.

Sure! I'm on abacavir, norvir and... darunavir, if my memory serves me well. All these names are so new and so complicated... No side effects so far.

ON the bright side, you get to live in fabulous Spain, so there's that!  Hope you do well on the treatment.

What can I say? Spain's great, you're right hehe  ;)

Thank you all for the welcoming messages. I'll keep on reading and posting!

Edit: spelling.

Offline JonJon

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 12:40:10 pm »
Hola Andal,

Welcome to the forum.  I am fairly new to HIV as well..diagnosed and been on treatment since Oct 2015.

I live and work in Spain except for now I am in the USA on medical leave, but will be returning to Spain in about two months.  Where in Spain do you live?  I would like to ask you about treatment/health care in Spain sometime.

John
8/19/2015: Rec'd HIV positive result on WB test
10/1/2015: Diagnosed with AIDS, CMV retinitis, and MAC
10/1/2015:  CD4- 20 (1%)/ VL- 101,000
11/17/2015:  CD4- 20(1%)/ VL- 108
12/17/2015: CD4- 30 (2%)/ VL- 33
1/14/2016: CD4- 20 (1%)/ VL- 53
2/18/2016: CD4- 37 (2%)/ VL- 39
3/23/2016: CD4- 43 (2%)/VL- UD/clear of MAC
4/18/2016:  CD4- 54(3%)/ VL- UD
5/20/2016: CD4- 64(3%)/ VL- UD
12/10/2016:CD4- 113, VL- UD
4/15/2017: CD4- 144, VL- UD
7/1/2017: CD4- 166 (9%), VL- UD
12/10/2017: CD4- 228 (12%), VL-UD
7/6/2018: CD4- 281, VL- UD
12/12/2018: CD4- 419, VL- UD
7/6/2019: CD4- 458, VL- UD
7/8/2021: CD4- 414, VL- UD
2/21/2022: CD4- 484, VL- UD
8/22/2022: CD4- 602, VL- UD
3/14/2023: CD4- 608, VL- UD
9/8/2023: CD4- 592, VL- UD
3/14/2024: CD4- 733, VL- UD (on Triumeq since '15)

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »
Thank you all for your comments!  :)

Sure! I'm on abacavir, norvir and... darunavir, if my memory serves me well. All these names are so new and so complicated... No side effects so far.

What can I say? Spain's great, you're right hehe  ;)

Thank you all for the welcoming messages. I'll keep on reading and posting!

Edit: spelling.

OJO        HOLA ANDAL...GREAT TO HEAR NO SIDE EFFECTS. .YES, THE NAME OF YOUR MEDS ARE CORRECT (ZIAGEN, RITONAVIR AND PREZISTA, BRAND NAMES)...KEEP US POSTED POR FAVOR, VALE?
                                                                                                                                          OJO

Offline Andal

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:30 pm »
Hola Andal,

Welcome to the forum.  I am fairly new to HIV as well..diagnosed and been on treatment since Oct 2015.

I live and work in Spain except for now I am in the USA on medical leave, but will be returning to Spain in about two months.  Where in Spain do you live?  I would like to ask you about treatment/health care in Spain sometime.

John

Hey, John. Thanks for your comment and sorry for the late response. Hope you're ok.
If you need anything, I guess it's quite easy to get to any of the main Spanish cities. The capital is the closest city for me though. Just tell me how to contact you if you need any more details  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.