Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:14:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 586
Total: 586

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dentist in NYC with HIV Experience  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Dentist in NYC with HIV Experience
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:21 am »
Hi guys and gals

Can anyone recommend a dentist in New York City who has had experience with HIV patients?

I suppose all dentists in NYC have had such experience so what I mean is: someone who is "HIV-friendly" and won't be discriminatory or feel like they have to wear a hazmat suit.

If they are below 23rd street even better.

I haven't been to a dentist in a while, for all I know they're all (especially in NYC)  unfazed by HIV and take normal Universal precautions.

Anyway, recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Rhaegar

Re: Dentist in NYC with HIV Experience
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:17:14 am »
I also asked this a while back and didn't really get anywhere.  My doctor gave me the names of some he'd recommend, but none of them take my insurance (Aetna), so I'm still looking for one as well.

-Kevin
05/19/2011: Diagnosed.  CD4 159   VL 284,000.
04/29/2013:  CD4 789,   VL <20

Offline Jody

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:56:30 pm »
The magazine Metrosource NY has doctors and dentists who advertise for a gay and gay friendly community and those of us living with HIV.  Online try Metrosource.com and see if that helps.  Staying on top of your teeth and gums is very important to good overall health especially for the HIV+.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 02:05:23 pm »
Callen Lourde has a dental clinic, and while most of their patients have this service paid for through Ryan White I think they also accept private insurance. Have you called and asked? And that other new HIV clinic, Center for Care, also has a dental clinic.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline SoSadTooBad

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:22 pm »
Dr Simon Rosenberg at 399 East 72nd St.  He is a super nice guy, really does thorough exams, and his entire staff treats their patients like family.

He had been my dentist before I was diagnosed, and he is still my dentist - I have been a patient with him for more than 13 years. 

http://www.drsimonrosenberg.com/

Offline DanNYC

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:15:02 am »
You could also try Dr. Steven Alper.

www.alperdmd.com

His office is on 19th Street.  He's gay and out, and his staff is very competent and nice. And the office is very nice and clean.   

My partner and I have been patients for several years and we recommend him to our friends.

Offline mikejh

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 07:16:37 pm »
Hi Guys,
I don't know any dentists, but I'm in need of a primary doctor. Have had my ID doctor until now but she don't take my insurance from this year.
I have a lot of medical issues and are on disability so I need a primary doctor that's not afraid of dealing with the insurance company.
If any of you know a good primary doctor please advise.
CD4   %
22 Sep 06   37     5  Started Atripla
5   Oct 06   82     9
1   Dec 06  258   13
25 Jan  07  263   14
1   May 07  403   18
6   Aug 07  438   22
7   Nov 07  417   19
30 jan   08  310   19
7   May  08  285   20
6   Aug  08  472   27
12  Nov 08  444   26
11  Feb  09 335    19
10  May  09  460  25
Jan 10 575 u/d
Feb 11 590 u/d
June 12 625 u/d
2013 646  u/d
2014 580 u/d
2015 590 u/d
2016 635 u/d
2017 620 u/d change to Genuvia
Jan 2018 580 u/d changed Triumeq
Feb 2019 620 u/d
March 2019 change

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.