Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773208
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 573
Total: 574

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Advice or suggestions...  (Read 10659 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Advice or suggestions...
« on: March 04, 2010, 07:09:36 am »

Sometime  ( before noon) I will be calling the hospital today, to ultimately get their suggestions, but I wanted to get some thoughts here first.

For the last 3 days, I have had constant diarrhea. Anything I eat, drink, immediately comes right back out again. it comes out like water  My appetite is currently not the best, and I have no desire to eat. ( but I am trying)

I have no idea if it's food poisoning, or something else, related to HIV. I am also starting to get some mild pain across the midsection.

This is the situation.  Starting between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon, I am to start drinking the solution for the colonoscopy, that I'm having Friday morning at 8:00 .

I am just wondering whether it's safe to go through the process of drinking that stuff, with all that has been going on the past 3 days. I've already lost about 2 pounds of weight, over the past 3 days, since this has started.

This has got me a little on edge, as diahreah, has never been a problem for me.

Any thoughts , if I drink that golytely solution this afternoon, I'm afraid, I may be too weak for this colonoscopy tomorrow. One thing for certain, I will be cleaned out.

I've had this scheduled for the past couple of weeks, I really would hate to postpone this.

It never fails...

My stomach is just rumbling away and quite loudly.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: Advice or suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:35:38 am »
The only advice I have is to NOT drink that stuff until after you've spoken with your doctor.  They may not be able to do the procedure while you are in gastro "distress" and, having had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago myself, you really don't want to go through the prep only to be turned away the next morning before the procedure.

Good luck!

Mike

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:23 am »
I agree with bocker3
Let your bowls calm down, though off course hear what the hos has to say.
Plenty off non hiv people in uk are having a diarrhea bug at the moment
take care
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:14:59 am »
Thanks Mike, Theyer,

I decided to call the VA hospital a little earlier ( than wait until around noon).  They opened at 8:00  Their going to have nurse call me back in a little while,  although she felt, that they would probably reschedule. It's not getting any better.

Theyer,  I am wondering if I may  picked up some bug at work. We have this diarrhea/ vomiting issue  currently going around the Nursing home and the assisted living.

I'll let you know what the nurse says, when she calls back.

Thanks guys Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:41:37 am »
Hi Ray,
Recently I started Nortriptyline to get some relief from the PN.  What you described, happened about two weeks after starting.  I got so dehydrated I had to go to Tucson VA to have two liters of saline solution IV'd.  Your main worry at this point IS dehydration because of the watery stool and vomiting, but they should have that under control there when you go later today.  Just be cautious about drug sides, especially if you have started any new ones in the last two months. 

Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you leave the shit you are supposed to drink in the container, and NOT start anything now when your system is obviously screwed up.  The damage could be compounded my its ingestion.

Love ya.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 11:20:15 am »
Ray, sounds like you have a norovirus. I had it over New Year. If that's what you have, they're not going to want you any where near a hospital or doctor's office, unless you actually need to be hospitalised over it.

Hope you feel better soon. It took me nearly a week to get over mine.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:00 pm »
Hello All ,

I just received the call from the VA. They discussed it, and decided I should go ahead, and start preparing for the colonoscopy tomorrow morning.  I explained everything to them, about having this for the past 3 days. She asked if it felt like I had the Flu.  I said no, this was just strictly gut issues. I have no fever, or any other body aches, of any other things going on. I mentioned that I may have picked this up at work, sometime Sunday night

She did say to keep myself as hydrated as I possibly can, until the fluid intake is supposed to stop for the day. I have a fresh gatoraid ready to go, she said that was good.  Just keep hydrated !!

Thanks eveyone, I will be starting this in about 1/2 hour. Supposed to have 6-8ounces, every 10 -15 minutes until it's gone.  According to the instructions, should take between 3-5 hours to finish it. We'll see how I can stomach this stuff.  Ed's out at the store. I asked him to get me some moist wipes.  The past few days have been pretty rough on my bottom.

Thanks again/wish me luck----Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 01:05:23 pm »
Ray

I had something similar about 2 weeks ago.  I felt nauseous and had the runs (I chalked it up to meds).  I was on a train to go visit a friend and ended up vomiting on myself (not my finest hour).  I then proceeded for two days to vomit and crap anything I ate and then some.  Turns out my sister and niece got the same thing that weekend. My parents got it the week after.

One thing that may help you feel better is getting some pedialite, it will give you more nutrients than water alone.

Sucks to have to reschedule the colonoscopy but given your symptoms, I think it would be better to wait.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 01:14:14 pm »

Ray, My wife and daughter both had the symptoms you describe.  The doctor said they were seeing a lot of patients from the area coming down with a stomach virus.  Just thought you might want to know being that you and I live in the same general area.

I hope you feel better.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 01:37:24 pm »

She did say to keep myself as hydrated as I possibly can, until the fluid intake is supposed to stop for the day. I have a fresh gatoraid ready to go, she said that was good.  Just keep hydrated !!

I agree with Pete and would recommend something more like Pedialyte, which is specially formulated with the right balance of electrolytes for proper re-hydration. Walgreen's and other big pharmacies have generic versions of it which are less expensive than the name brand and just as good.

LINK:

http://pedialyte.com/

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »
 :o

Oh Gawd !!   Well, that was the longest 5 and a half hours.  :o  I managed to finish the golytely, without bringing any of it back up, but got to admit, it was a little tough that last 45 minutes.

I am completely emptied out, and actually feeling pretty good. I am also hungry as all hell.

I'll be taking my nighttime meds in about 40 minutes. be following up with a couple bottles of water, and then I 'm going to bed. I will be back up at 6:00am, so we can be in St pete tomorrow morning.

Wasn't able to get out and get the pedialyte, but the gator aid worked pretty well !!

I'm pooped/ thanks again ----Ray :P

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:26 pm »
Hi JR:

I doubt you'll be reading this because you're either in the bathroom, on your way to the bathroom, or just leaving the bathroom.   ;)

Having a colonoscopy is probably one of the most violating and intimidating things a person can go through.  Funny thing is, the actual procedure is pretty simple.  It's the darn preperation that sucks.

I can fully understand your comment about barely getting that "stuff" down.  In my opinion, goat spit couldn't taste any more awful.

Anyway, here's hoping for a "clean"   ::) (like you've ever been this clean before) of health. 

Wishing you the best buddy.  Now lay on your left side, cock that right leg over your left leg, and pray to god that you have truly eliminated everything. . . . . . ;D.

RAB

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 08:49:38 pm »
OMG, I've never had a colonoscopy, they don't knock you out?!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:52 pm »

I was given an option.  Either be conscious enough to view it on the monitor, or be completely knocked out.

As they wheeled me in my instructions were:  "I want drugs. . . and I want the good stuff."

Easy schmeezy.  Don't remember, didn't feel a darn thing.

RAB

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »
i have found over my life with stomach problems, sphincter water, for the want of a better description, Juice a lemon or two, sugar may be added if you can't handle it neat, stops the problem almost immediately, has work for most of the people I have told, may be worth a try. i have Inflammatory  bowl disease,  and it works with that, unfortunately the pain remains.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 09:46:37 pm »
You should be knocked out, in fact demand it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZ4DaQ03gk

start watching at 6:00

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 09:46:55 pm »
i have found over my life with stomach problems, sphincter water, for the want of a better description, Juice a lemon or two, sugar may be added if you can't handle it neat, stops the problem almost immediately, has work for most of the people I have told, may be worth a try. i have Inflammatory  bowl disease,  and it works with that, unfortunately the pain remains.

I can't be sure but you do mean to EAT the lemon right?

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:09:45 pm »
I had the wonder drug Propofol for mine 2 weeks back.  This is the stuff that did Michael Jackson in....  Under the watchful eye of a doctor, it is great.  If I hadn't known I was having one done, there would have been no evidence of it.  My bottom was squeeky clean -- no lube residue.   ;D

Mike

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 11:44:27 pm »
The colonoscopy itself is nothing, they knock you out and you don't even feel discomfort afterward.  I was not even groggy afterward, but they don't let you drive.

The prep is a bitch.  I didn't use a prep kit.  I used the bottle of that green junk, laxatives and some powder to put into Gatorade.  I had explosive watery diarrhea for the rest of the day.  The other hard part is waking up and not being able to take a sip of water.  I always have water near or with me, even when I leave the house.

Luckily my results were fine.  Hope yours are too.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:46:00 pm by LiveWithIt »
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 07:13:02 pm »
Hellraiser. squeeze the lemons to extract the juice, then drink it, lemon juice, although an Acid has an   Alkalinity on your system, it is also very good for acid reflux.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 02:22:36 am »
 8)

Just wanted everyone to know, that the colonoscopy went well. We arrived at the VAMC, in St. Pete about 7:30, and I signed in.

I was called about 20 minutes later, and taken to a room . I was asked to remove all my clothing and put on the hospital gown, along with my non- slip socks,  and place all my possessions and clothing in a bag. I then layed down on a gurney. There were about 4 others at that time already to have the same procedure ( or an endoscopy )done, the were also in holding pattern.

Several questions were asked, and all my vital were taken.  Also had to sign a release. The nurse then placed the IV in my arm, and from that point I had about a half hour wait.

I was the third of the forth guy to get wheeled out. The took me down the hallway to a room , all the camera monitors were mounted on the walls  so the doctor could get the view, once inside.

Next thing I knew, the Nurse asked me to turn on my left side and bring my knees up as close as i can to my chest.

She the told me she was giving me the "happy juice", I remember the lights in the room dimming,  and can't remember a thing after that.

About 35 or 40 minutes past, and I was waking up in the room. I heard the nurse talking to me. She said, "you did real good, you were as clean as a whistle", which made the exam easy.

Sometime after the doctor had finished, and before I woke up, he went out to the waiting room to talk with Ed. ( they listed Ed on the paperwork as my "significant other"

The doctor told him they had found one polyp, and that was removed.  That would be sent out for biopsy, and that a full report would be mailed to me,  in a few days. 

Ok, so they wheeled me out into the original room I was in ( just another section) , and I layed there for about another 15 minutes.  I was then asked if I could get up, and get my clothes back on.  I was still just a little wobbly, but managed ok.

They then, got a wheel chair for me, and rolled me out to Ed. Ed got me to the elevator, we went back down to the first floor. We parked the wheel chair , and out the door we went !   :)

We then went for breakfast.  I had a craving for Steak and eggs, Potato's, and whole wheat toast.  so that's exactly what I ordered.

I feel great, But after we got home, I fell asleep again. I'll get the full report in a few days.  Also listed , on the pre report that he handed Ed, was the mention of hemorrhoids ( which I already knew I had) Fortunately, there  not giving me any problems though.

Thanks again folks---Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 03:10:14 am »
Glad to hear it went well.  Why are some totally knocked out and others aren't?  I remember Katie Couric getting one done live on "Today".  She was obviously on drugs cause she was acting so drunk--more than usual.  She watched the monitors as they were doing it.

I haven't had one done yet.  I've taken 2 family members to have it done.  They both almost blew holes in the seat of my car on the way home--guess there is a lot of air that gets up there.

Offline PozBrian

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 03:15:50 am »
Glad to know everything worked out in the end! ;D  I'm going in for the same thing on the 16th. Not worried about it but I can't say I'm looking forward to it.
Brian
Currently Trivicay & Truvada
1/15 549 37%UD
9/14 778 35% UD
5/14 537 36% UD
6/13 632 36% UD 
6/12 559 39% UD
11/09 CD4: 379, 25% VL: UNDETECTABLE!!
10/09 CD4: 245, 25% VL: 87
9/09 CD4: 246, 24% VL: 49!
8/09 CD4: 277, 26% VL: 115
7/09 CD4: 346, 24% VL: 221
6/09 started meds.
4/09 HIV +, CD4: 397, 16%  VL:195000, PPD reactive

Offline Etay1207

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 07:32:33 am »
Sounds like what I was going through in Atlanta last July.  I was vomiting and shitting all over the place!  I lost about 5 lbs and I can't afford to lose ANY weight.  After a stool sample my doc told me I had a parasite.  My mom told me there was a stomach flu going around last weekend when I was sick.  I had the shits Saturday night but was fine Sunday and Monday.  I just had no energy.  I'm glad the procedure went well.  Hope you're feeling better. 

By the way, I'm going back to Atlanta on Wednesday for another conference.  My roomate last year told me that he would LOVE to be my roomate again! This should be interesting...
POZ since 1999
1/07 tcells: 530 vl: 72,922 7/07 tcells: 542 vl: 26,577
9/08 tcells: 339 vl: 56,120  7/09 tcells: 267 vl: 663,160
11/09 tcells: 71 vl: 498,670 2/10 tcells: 52 vl: 322,000
 no meds and feeling great!

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 01:50:39 pm »
  I just had no energy.   

"11/09 tcells: 71 vl: 498,670 2/10 tcells: 52 vl: 322,000
 no meds and feeling great!"

Etay, you just don't get it do you?
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 02:51:51 pm »
"11/09 tcells: 71 vl: 498,670 2/10 tcells: 52 vl: 322,000
 no meds and feeling great!"

Etay, you just don't get it do you?

Fatigue and weight loss were the only symptoms I had and within a month of starting HAART I felt better.  4.5 months down the road I feel 1000x better.  However, Moffie, you're just barking up the wrong tree, he's gonna have to acquire a serious OI before he gets motivated to start fighting his disease.

Edit:  I should add those were the only symptoms I had before I was diagnosed positive.  The Staph infection that put me in the hospital was the wake up call that alerted the doctors to my positive status.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 03:19:40 pm »
J. R. E .---Pleased it all worked out well

Etay----Have you any idea how tortuous your posts are .For someone so healthy there is a lot off medical problems and that is because you are dying. Please stop playing out a scenario that many off us had to witness and experience before combination therapy .
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Etay1207

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 03:26:19 pm »
Why is it when I have a stomach flu I'm dying of AIDS but when one of you have a stomach flu, it's just a stomach flu? I had the symptoms of "no energy" for TWO days! I had a parasitic infection LAST YEAR that lasted ONE WEEK! It never came back!  Oh my God! I can't even cough around you guys without you thinking that I'm about to drop dead!
POZ since 1999
1/07 tcells: 530 vl: 72,922 7/07 tcells: 542 vl: 26,577
9/08 tcells: 339 vl: 56,120  7/09 tcells: 267 vl: 663,160
11/09 tcells: 71 vl: 498,670 2/10 tcells: 52 vl: 322,000
 no meds and feeling great!

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »
Why is it when I have a stomach flu I'm dying of AIDS but when one of you have a stomach flu, it's just a stomach flu? I had the symptoms of "no energy" for TWO days! I had a parasitic infection LAST YEAR that lasted ONE WEEK! It never came back!  Oh my God! I can't even cough around you guys without you thinking that I'm about to drop dead!

We know the facts and we're worried about you.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »
Hey Ray,

Glad it went well and without a problem.

I will have mine shortly. :-[

UGH

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline alliance

• hmmmm. . .
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 06:01:22 pm »
Glad it went well Ray - hope your final report is good too.
I had a colonoscopy last fall - Miralax in Gatorade and some dulcolax. The box says take one or two dulcolax, the doc said take 5. Wow. You bet. The gatorade mix wasnt hard to drink at all - I survived the day fasting with jello and chicken broth - it wasnt hard at all.  The hard part was staying close enough to the toilet for a few hours that night. The next day they put me out for the procedure altogether and I dont remember them doing  a thing, except giving me drugs and wheeling me in. The wonder of "milk of amnesia"!  I've heard they'll pump you full of gas sometimes as well,  (Whoa!) but I didnt get to experience the effects of that.
I have another one scheduled in May. I'm trying to think of what I would do different, then, to make it easier - I'll probably just put a tv, my laptop, and a phone in the john and stay there for about 4 hours, and schedule the procedure for early in the morning the next day.
Take Care!
"The influence of each human being on others in this life is a kind of immortality."
10/10/12   CD4=378  %=32   VL=UD
5/10/12     CD4=426  %=32  VL=UD
11/15/11   CD4=296  %=29  VL=UD(20)
6/15/11     CD4=345  %=29  VL=UD(38)
3/15/11     CD4=317  %=31  VL=UD
12/1/10     CD4=315  %=28  VL=UD
8/11/10     CD4=250  %=25  VL=UD
6/10/10     CD4=380  %=24  VL=UD
3/4/10       CD4=340  %=22   VL=UD
1/11/10     CD4=312  %=22   VL =130
11/30/09   CD4=228  %=19  VL=1726
11/20/09    started atripla
10/15/09   CD4=281  %=18   VL=85,000

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 03:06:09 pm »
Good news...

Received my results today, for my colonoscopy. ( 1week to the day)

Dear Mr. .......

I have reviewed the results of the endoscopic biopsies you recently had done at he Bay Pines VA Healthcare System.

The biopsy results showed an adenomatous colonic polyp. These findings are benign and do not change the recommendations  given to you at the completion of the procedure.

Your next colonoscopy should be in approximately 5 years.

Please contact your primary care provider several months prior to your recommended follow-up, so that you may be scheduled for your next colonoscopy.

Sincerely......

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 03:19:49 pm »
YEAH!  Good news!  Nothing up your ass for 5 years LOL

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 03:55:35 pm »
  Nothing up your ass for 5 years LOL

I've made a promise.  Nothing goes up my ass until I get my head out of it !!  :)       LOL

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 06:04:34 pm »
Great news, Ray.  Congrats!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 10:32:08 am »

I've made a promise.  Nothing goes up my ass until I get my head out of it !!  :)       LOL

Heheheheh... reminds me of an old saying:

I'd love to try and see things from your point of view, but there's not enough room up your ass for both of us! ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 12:57:56 pm »
Ray  great news  glad everything went well and the results were negative on the polyp.    BTW  I have had this procedure several times...both with and without "knockout"   even the without time I was totally unaware of the feeling but could see on the monitor  what was happening   sort of surreal...

also found out that Medicare expects you to wait 10 yrs between procedures.... Dr always recommends 5   but Medicare wont pay  for that....(  Hospital bill plus DR = $7000.00) hope the VA  has no charges for you..

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline randym431

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 07:59:53 pm »
Hey Ray
I missed the drama till just logging in today. Soooooo glad u are all past that test now and looks like u did great. My doc always goes after me to have one of those test done cause Im over 50. So far I've put him off. My doc has a strange obsession with my butt. Every visit he wants to check the protestate. I say... "didn't we just do that last time?". But it irritates me a bit (his attitude on getting the colon test done) because to me heart issues are so much more of a health threat. The male side of my family has a history of bad hearts and I would rather have preventative heart tests done. But the doc never addresses that. Its like he gets some kickback for colonscope tests or something.

But after the very good walk thru and posts from you and you're test, if I do have the colonscope, I won't worry about the process so much.
Just stay well.
Randy
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »
Hey Ray
 My doc always goes after me to have one of those test done cause Im over 50. So far I've put him off.
Randy

Randy,

You should listen to your doc. But who am I to say, I put it off too long also, and didn't listen to my doc.  ;)

It's really not bad.  It's just the prepping the day before that wears you out, otherwise 40 minutes at the most, in out patient, and you won't remember or feel a thing. My next colonoscopy won't be due until I'm 63.  Geeez,,, that sounds old. I'll be collecting social security by then.  :P

Take care----Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.