Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:26:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 590
Total: 590

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Wombats and costuming.  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Wombats and costuming.
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:39:51 pm »
Decided to take it to a new thread so I don't hijack the halloween one.

A few people have asked for more information regarding the fact that I was a wombat for halloween this year! Actually, my costume was just a few pieces of a bigger costume that I am planning to finish sometime in the spring. In the end it'll be a mascot style fursuit with a head, footpaws, handpaws and body suit (wombats don't have tails, or else it'd have one of those, too).

Last night I just wore the handpaws that I finished and some loose wombat style ears on a headband.

These pics are from this morning so I had on pajamas. Shut up. =D.

[removed]

[removed]

And here are some closeups of the handpaws:

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

They were made with fauxfur I felt mimiced the color and texture of a wombat well enough. The claws are hand sculpted. I shaved down the fur near the tips of the fingers and glued them on. The pawpads are made of flesh-colored vinyl and padded with fleece so they're soft and squishy to press on. They are entirely handsewn so it was a pain in the ass. But I like how they turned out.

Next I'll be working on the footpaws, then the head, and then the bodysuit.

I'm actually thinking of taking commissions for costume pieces if anyone is interested. I'd quote some prices if I could, but because the cost of different types of fur and depending on what extras you want the prices vary. I'm thinking of having a base price of 25 bucks for handpaws and then increasing it from there if you want claws, paw pads, the length of the arm, the type and quality of fur, etc. I can do footpaws, tails (loose kind or they can have a wire in them so that they stand out or straight up or really any direction you want) and ears. Pretty much any sort of animal, too. Obviously more complicated stuff would take longer. Tails would probably only cost like 15 bucks. Ears probably only 10. Not sure about footpaws. Depends on the style. I don't feel like making bodysuits or heads for anyone right now, sorry. =P. They're too difficult and unless I can see you in person it's a pain in the ass because it's really easy to get measurements wrong for those.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:25:16 am by Peter Staley »

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
Re: Wombats and costuming.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:46:29 pm »
Amazing! I like furry fetish things, too!  :D

The handpaws look really good! Is there a rubber padding on the inside for a good grip so you can still hold a beer without the bottle slipping and making a mess?

I'm looking forward to the whole assembly. Even if wombats don't have tails, they sure have a bag to put their babies and car keys in?

"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »
I am well impressed...can you make penguin suits?  :)

kate

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:53:11 pm »
my oh my...
a boy of many talents....great job Mouse!  Can't wait to see the final product.

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 01:54:11 pm »
I am well impressed...can you make penguin suits?  :)

kate

Making penguin wings for handpaws would be freaking awesome, actually. Hahaha.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.