Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 326
Total: 328

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What the hell is going on in Arizona?  (Read 11223 times)

Offline buginme2

What the hell is going on in Arizona?
« on: February 22, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »
First the anti immigrant law and now the anti gay one. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline RobbyR

Re: What the hell is going on in Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:00:40 pm »
I'm wondering the same thing! Maybe some major bigot juice in the water out there or something? Seriously though, the fact that states are even debating refusing service to LGBT people based on sexual orientation in the 21st century is psychotic..I wouldn't be surprised if Jan Brewer signed such a bill given her far-right wing track record. What's next, making people take an HIV test before they can be served in a restaurant? I wouldn't put that past many of these lunatics.

These bigoted little-dicked Republicans have no agenda, so they just fall back on the psychotic bigoted religious pandering, which involves exploiting many old people's & ignorant people's fears of gay people, along with immigrants. They claim Obama is weak on immigration yet Obama has deported more people than Bush. So that's yet more bullshit.

Basically what it boils down to is the Republicans don't give a crap about anyone but their billionaire donors & their bible-thumping idiots. They better spend less time worrying about who sleeps with who in the bedroom & more time worrying about their own irrelevance.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mitch777

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 06:31:46 pm »
Some people tend to blame the Tea Party faction of the Republican Party for such extreme views but as we can clearly see they vote in lockstep.

Arizona isn't alone. Arkansas is trying hard to make it almost impossible for anyone to be eligible for Medicaid as if their current laws weren't bad enough.

Religious "freedom" in their minds seems to trump human freedom. Bigotry under the guise of religion is still bigotry. It IS startling to see it expressed in such an unabashedly way in 2014.

I'm sure if this is signed into law that it will be squashed by the courts but still...

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 06:52:40 pm »
I say let states pass these laws and be thankful for it .

All of these desperate measures being passed by political bigots are going to keep going before the courts and they eventually will be overturned . The effect is going to be a court system will soon be and tired of the political games and make a sweeping ruling for full civil rights and equality .

I am convinced that even beyond social Justice the higher court Judges do not want their legacy to be one of bigotry and hate and in the end that will serve us well .... The people who are holding us back from equality by passing these laws are in the end only helping our cause but are too blinded by ignorance to know the difference .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:57:00 pm »
3 or 4 multinational corporations that were scouting setting up in Phoenix have already signaled to the governor that passing this law would be a no-go in their decisions to locate there. She only has five days to sign this, evidently -- should be fun for her. Her only moral compass is holding a finger to the wind.

btw: keep in mind stuff like this when you wail about those Russians
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:00:40 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:05 pm »
I think the governor will wait until the last minute and then veto the bill.  She's not up for re-election, so there is not much that they can do to her.  They know the law is unconstitutional, but they have to start greasing the voters for the 2014 elections.

Joe

Offline Dan0

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 10:46:10 pm »
I almost think that some of these states put in the government they think they deserve....and not in a good way. Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin and especially Kansas used to be progressive benchmarks in the country and now they're just a collasal mess. All the dark money pours in to elect anti-union, anti-deficit, pro-bank legislators but in the end, when you elect a nut, you can't expect them to NOT act like a nut. The inmates are lose!

The most encouraging news is that AZ Senator Jeff Flake came out against the bill and urged 'THAT WOMAN' not to sign. Why encouraging? He has a big fat ZERO percent voting record from the Human Rights Campaign and is 100% anti-gay. He's just anti-everything. The Tea party attempted to recall him for his stand on immigration and they lost. They lost their clout and to have them come out against you - at least in AZ- is no longer the kiss of death. Of course, this is motivated by pure economics but it's still as unexpected as Ted Cruz being a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:09:53 pm by Dan0 »
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »
Dealing with a similar law here in KS. Only difference is that our legislature is worried the wording would prevent businesses from being even more abusive to their employees than KS law currently allows.

Yep. The law is being held up, not because it is encoding bigotry, but because it might hurt businesses' ability to hire and fire at will.

Arizona is not the only state with idiots in the legislature.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 12:17:59 am »
If the governor signed this law, then it doesn't just stop at gays.  The Bible covers so many things, that someone could use to refuse service. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 01:16:47 am »
beyond incredible.  at first I was sure this was some kinda prank that wasn't in the least funny.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 06:17:53 am »
Does the public school system even teach a civics class anymore ? . This law and why its a terrible hateful thing was already settled once in during the 1950 - 60's civil rights movement . History seems doomed to repeat itself if you don't know it . 

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dan0

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 01:00:04 pm »
Does the public school system even teach a civics class anymore ? . This law and why its a terrible hateful thing was already settled once in during the 1950 - 60's civil rights movement . History seems doomed to repeat itself if you don't know it .

I asked our neighbor kid just on a lark about civics and his response was, "what's that ?"....then the ever popular google search. No...there are quite a few of the requirements we had that have went by the wayside, including civics.  I think that only a handful of states teach penmanship....cursive is now a foreign writing. Civics is suspect, at best, and the text books used to teach are as controversial in some states as they can possibly be with a decidedly different interpretation of events.  Is it any wonder we have voters who actually think putting these morons people in the legislature is a good idea?

"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mitch777

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 05:24:50 pm »
I read this today and thought Ann Rice's replies were spot on. Much respect for her views and for blocking out the hate and false religious/gay nonsense.

http://www.thegailygrind.com/2014/02/17/author-anne-rice-unloads-anti-gay-facebook-commenters-use-religion-bash-gays/#.Uwn6N04jaGw.facebook

ps- I would LOVE to see Ted Cruz on RuPaul's Drag Race. lol.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:28:03 pm by mitch777 »

Offline Dan0

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 05:44:42 pm »
I doubt we'll see him on RuPaul but we can hope for an unfortunate restroom incident at an airport in the future. Sometimes a misunderstood 'wide stance' is a liberal Democrats' best friend.

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mitch777

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 05:59:07 pm »
Too funny. ^

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »
If Brewer does sign the bill, which wouldn't surprise me, I just hope Arizona loses a ton of money because of it & they damn well better get ready for a bunch of lawsuits. If I went to a place of business & I was refused service, whether because of the color of my skin, or being gay, I'd call the ACLU immediately & serve them with a lawsuit quicker than their head could spin!

I'd also do everything I could to ruin any place of business by any lawful means necessary if they tried to refuse me service based on my sexual orientation. I don't play that. It's un-American & bigoted. It's the old racism recycled into homophobia.

The fact that such a thing is even being contemplated should be HIGHLY alarming & disturbing. It speaks volumes to not only the extreme bigotry that is synonymous with the Republican Party, but also to their desperation.

Maybe it's generational, maybe not. I'm not sure. What's next, businesses wanting to refuse service to people based on HIV status? It's just like the Nazis in the 1930s how they started prejudice against the Jews, or the Jim Crow laws in the South here.

Bottom line it pisses me off & if Arizona signs the bill, I hope the media doesn't waffle, & calls their ass out on it. This is the 21st century. Are we to be the next Russia?

The Republicans need to get their ass out their bibles & start realizing the true meaning of love thy fellow man.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 07:28:37 pm »
I went to public school in NY 60's 70's.  Never had a class called "civics".
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »
I went to public school in NY 60's 70's.  Never had a class called "civics".

I went to school back then too and I cant remember what the class was called but we did learn a little about government the basics about the constitution . I really thought it was called civics but then again I can find my keys most time these days . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 08:08:13 pm »
I had 3 o 4 years of social studies. I can't remember if I had social studies as senior.
Most of my JHS AND HS teachers were lefties and/or freaks or both.  Some of them were super freaks.  Super freaky..
The health teacher was also a gym teacher and a coach and he was a square and kinda simple.
There was no political correctness yet.  I guess I posted because the thread wonders whats up in Arizona.   If these states want to legislate a march backwards in time and social progression, I'm pretty sure its about the atmosphere of the last 15 years. I dunno. I get the feeling that people are more and more uptight, in some parts. I don't understand it.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline buginme2

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 02:36:33 pm »
Okay, this is.......fill in your own adjective

3 Arizona State Senators who voted for the bill are now asking the governor to veto the bill.  Now, they aren't necessarily saying they made a mistake in voting for this bill, they are blaming the backlash against the state on their "opponents." 

“While our sincere intent in voting for this bill was to create a shield for all citizens’ religious liberties, the bill has instead been mischaracterized by its opponents as a sword for religious intolerance,” the three wrote. “These allegations are causing our state immeasurable harm.”

So, I guess people are threatening to boycott the state and the business community is starting to make some noise so now these senators are asking the gov to veto the bill.  I just wish they were doing it for the right reason.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140224arizona-gop-senators-sb-1062-ask-brewer-veto.html
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 04:03:05 pm »
So, I guess people are threatening to boycott the state and the business community is starting to make some noise so now these senators are asking the gov to veto the bill.  I just wish they were doing it for the right reason.

My guess is someone finally realized that Arizona would take a beating, just like they did when they refused the MLK holiday.  The Super Bowl is in Arizona next year and given the fact that the NFL just hired its first openly gay player, I imagine they would not look kindly on such a law.  It is not that hard to move a Super Bowl, or a convention, etc. and why nobody thought of this, before passing such as foolish law, can only be attributed to their utter hatred of gays.

Joe

Offline Dan0

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »
Et Tu, Georgia?

Their house committee - deaf from the outcry in Arizona- is hearing a similar bill TODAY!

Where is a semi-secluded stall-accessible airport bathroom, amorous congressional Paige or very detailed Craigslist hook-up add when you need one? If only we had digital cameras when I was younger!!

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2014/feb/24/georgia-may-follow-arizonas-anti-gay-lead/

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 08:35:23 pm »
Remind me never to go to Arizona. Or any other state like that who tries to hide behind religious bullshit to deny equal rights to LGBT people. It's a terribly dangerous slippery slope, what's next, asking people to take an aids test before they're served or waited on?

When the hell are people going to wake up & realize that being gay is NOT a choice, but something you're born with? Maybe someone should start a bill saying it's okay to deny service to ugly ass old wrinkled white women (Jan Brewer).

What pisses me off too is these idiots don't even have the balls to say what they really think, that they hate gay people, but they just don't believe in them having equal rights. Bottom line is they do hate us, & just don't have the balls to say it.

They just try to hide behind their bibles & fancy rhetoric & stupid discriminatory laws like the one Brewer is contemplating.

I come from a religious family none of whom accept me for who I am. In fact I've been disowned because of it. Not that it bothers me too much, because I don't want people in my life who can't accept me for me. But when they disowned me, they cited their religious beliefs as the main reason why they won't accept me.

So basically I live alone, with no family support. All because of stupid religious rationales. This is what's going on in Arizona. Religious bullshit as justification for bigots to deny basic human rights to people.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 08:50:14 pm »
Where do you live Robby? Chances are you don't have the LGBT rights that you think you do. Some municipalities have good protections but as soon as you leave city limits you don't technically have those rights -- you can be denied a lease if the landlord doesn't want to rent to a gay couple, etc. Philadelphia has about the most inclusive LGBT rights legislation, some passed unanimously by City Council (with even a major emphasis on the "T" as we have a very large transgender population) but as soon as anyone steps outside of the 141 sq. miles into the rest of Pennsylvania those rights completely evaporate.

It's one of the pitfalls of focusing so much energy on gay marriage equality that The Employment Non-Discrimination Act has languished in Congress -- and polling on that is much higher than for marriage because a lot of voters don't realize that such rights don't already exist.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:53:05 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 08:56:40 pm »
Remind me never to go to Arizona. Or any other state like that who tries to hide behind religious bullshit to deny equal rights to LGBT people. It's a terribly dangerous slippery slope, what's next, asking people to take an aids test before they're served or waited on?

When the hell are people going to wake up & realize that being gay is NOT a choice, but something you're born with? Maybe someone should start a bill saying it's okay to deny service to ugly ass old wrinkled white women (Jan Brewer).

What pisses me off too is these idiots don't even have the balls to say what they really think, that they hate gay people, but they just don't believe in them having equal rights. Bottom line is they do hate us, & just don't have the balls to say it.

They just try to hide behind their bibles & fancy rhetoric & stupid discriminatory laws like the one Brewer is contemplating.

I come from a religious family none of whom accept me for who I am. In fact I've been disowned because of it. Not that it bothers me too much, because I don't want people in my life who can't accept me for me. But when they disowned me, they cited their religious beliefs as the main reason why they won't accept me.

So basically I live alone, with no family support. All because of stupid religious rationales. This is what's going on in Arizona. Religious bullshit as justification for bigots to deny basic human rights to people.

Robby,

As much as I share your sentiments about gay rights, name calling and degrading people is not the way to seek the rights that we deserve.  There are also folks who have religious beliefs that despise this law as well.  Our goal should be to enlist the help of everyone, who truly believes that all Americans are equal under the law.

Joe

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »
Miss P, I live in Kentucky, luckily in a blue city enclave (yes there are blue cities in Ky) in the center of a very red state. There is talk of similar discriminatory legislation here in my state towards LGBT people.

Joe K, what exactly do you mean by name-calling? I was making a point, I didn't call anyone a name, unless you're referring to Jan Brewer or the people behind her who are advocating this "religious freedom" bill which is essentially an anti-gay law.

And how did I degrade anyone? I don't get it. I'm just calling a spade a spade. The people in Arizona who are supporting this bill are clearly bigots, so if calling them by that name makes me degrading here, then this forum is way too politically correct. What would you call the people who are advocating this anti-gay bill?

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:03 pm »
Joe K, what exactly do you mean by name-calling? I was making a point, I didn't call anyone a name, unless you're referring to Jan Brewer or the people behind her who are advocating this "religious freedom" bill which is essentially an anti-gay law.

And how did I degrade anyone? I don't get it. I'm just calling a spade a spade. The people in Arizona who are supporting this bill are clearly bigots, so if calling them by that name makes me degrading here, then this forum is way too politically correct. What would you call the people who are advocating this anti-gay bill?

I said nothing about your calling anyone bigots, because they are.  But when you refer to others as idiots, or degrade the governor of Arizona, you are sinking to their level.  This has nothing to do with being politically correct, it has to do with treating people with a modicum of respect and understanding that we don't have to act uncivil to others, simply because we disagree with them, or worse, seek to degrade them as they would us.

Joe

Offline Dan0

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:12 am »
http://topekasnews.com/kansas-restaurant-kicks-gay-man-tells-gay-eating/

I'm hoping that the above is a collasal joke.  I haven't really looked for substantiation on this but it appears legit! 

As one CNN guest last night made comment, "You're not serving GOD - you're serving PIZZA!"

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 10:15:55 am »
That story is suspicious to me ... doesn't seem to pass the smell test .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 12:33:23 am »
Anderson Cooper interviewed an AZ state senator, who is running for governor.  It amazes me how people like him get elected.  He appears to have trouble with basic comprehension.  This senator claims this bill is to prevent discrimination.  Anderson points out that this bill would allow a person/business to refuse services to a someone divorced or to an unwed mother.  The senator pretends to not understand Anderson's point and then says he is taking these hypotheticals way out, saying he does not know anyone who would discriminate against anyone. 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4852674

Offline Dan0

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 09:20:35 am »
Anderson Cooper interviewed an AZ state senator, who is running for governor.  It amazes me how people like him get elected.   

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4852674

I watched that and was in awe - that someone could be so resolute in their misguided beliefs that they could come on national TV and advocate for them!  Sheesh!! I think I have a theory on how they get there!  I go to Seattle, Portland, Kansas City or any large reasonably diverse environment and my liberal friends and I have lively discussions over wine about all sorts of political topics of the day. The only way you can tell one Prius from the next is where the Hillary '16 sticker is located.  I come to Northern Wisconsin and my friends and I usually wind up arguing about who just got voted off some contest on TV.....while standing in the middle of Walmart....dodging electric carts. You can't buy the votes of the reasonably educated, there is a lot of money being thrown around to buy those votes, and it takes a 'special' type of human being to be able to attract those voters.

My Grandmother used to be amazed at these politicians, which to her were a recent development. She would comment that "In my day, all we had was McCarthy....and that was bad enough!"

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 02:59:25 pm »
And there is this news I just saw.  A federal judge has ruled Texas' ban unconstitutional.  This is moving much faster than I expected.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/federal-judge-voids-texas-gay-marriage-ban-though-he-delays-order-from-taking-effect-immediately.html/?nclick_check=1

Offline Irish Eyes

• Standard
  • A closed mind is a beautiful thing to lose
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »
Gov Brewer veto the bill
10/30/13          Exposure
Mid-Nov-Jan    Seroconversion (7-8 rough wks)
12.26.2013      WB dx. HIV+
02.01.2014      OraQuick (result Negative?)
01.31.2014      VL 250700
02.03.2014      CD4  491  26%
02.26.2014      CD4  503  26%
03.05.2014      HLA B6701  not present
03.18.2014      VL 530873 (typical fluctuation)
03.21.2014      Start Stribild
04.14.2014      VL 104 after 24 doses
05.12.2014      VL 129 after 52 doses
06.10.2014      CD4 940 32%
06.11.2014      VL 87
07.22.2014      VL 20
09.23.2014      VL 43
11.26.2014      CD4 1350 33%
01.26.2015.     VL 27
01.26.2015      VL <20
06/03/2015      VL 28
06/03/2015      CD4 1135 42%
12/10/2015      VL 27
12/10/2015      CD4 1111 36% cd8+tcell 1058 34%
06/23/2016      VL 49
06/23/2016      CD4 1255 41% cd8+tcell 882 29%

Offline Miss Philicia

Offline Irish Eyes

• Standard
  • A closed mind is a beautiful thing to lose
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 10:56:48 pm »
Fanks.
I nose it were rong but I were being considerate of those learning past tense @ ESL klas. Didn't want to confus noing they would comphrend presant tens.

Pese out. ;D

Huggies and kissies, my sweeties……..
10/30/13          Exposure
Mid-Nov-Jan    Seroconversion (7-8 rough wks)
12.26.2013      WB dx. HIV+
02.01.2014      OraQuick (result Negative?)
01.31.2014      VL 250700
02.03.2014      CD4  491  26%
02.26.2014      CD4  503  26%
03.05.2014      HLA B6701  not present
03.18.2014      VL 530873 (typical fluctuation)
03.21.2014      Start Stribild
04.14.2014      VL 104 after 24 doses
05.12.2014      VL 129 after 52 doses
06.10.2014      CD4 940 32%
06.11.2014      VL 87
07.22.2014      VL 20
09.23.2014      VL 43
11.26.2014      CD4 1350 33%
01.26.2015.     VL 27
01.26.2015      VL <20
06/03/2015      VL 28
06/03/2015      CD4 1135 42%
12/10/2015      VL 27
12/10/2015      CD4 1111 36% cd8+tcell 1058 34%
06/23/2016      VL 49
06/23/2016      CD4 1255 41% cd8+tcell 882 29%

Offline mecch

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 06:30:08 pm »
In what bubble of logic was that bill about protecting "the rights" to follow one's religion. 

There are already plenty of complaints of bias and discrimination against LGBTQ in Arizona and no law to prevent some of this. Putting a law that said one can refuse a hotel room or restaurant service to someone because they are sinful in someone's religion??  These are public services and accommodation. 

It just seemed like fear and hatred.  Punitive and bullying..  And the arguments for it were somewhere down around elementary school level. 

Also, ALL republicans voted for it, to cover their asses with their base, and then some of them tried to backtrack by pleading to the governor to veto it.  How cynical and pitifully spineless is that!  The gall!  People have no shame.

I find it chilling that this happened at the same time as the Uganda scandal. 

The final push to full civil and human rights for LGBTQ is really really ruffling some feathers... People are afraid, angry, ignorant and just so hateful.  They may not have hate in their hearts, but their actions are hateful and cruel.  How depressing that Uganda cloaks it in "science" somehow oddly attached to religion, and Arizona tried to cloak it in "democracy" and, again, oddly attached to freedom of religion.  WTF.

WTF!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:38:03 pm by mecch »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:15 pm »
Anderson interviewed another Arizona lawmaker, who voted for the bill but then wanted the governor to veto.  Why do both of these lawmakers Anderson interviewed seem like they are on drugs, or lacking in intelligence?

He acts like some high school student, who just went along with the other kids to be cool.  He says he just went along with what others were telling him by text messages.  And, he never thought about the consequences. 

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/25/lawmakers-change-of-heart-after-voting-for-sb-1062/?iref=allsearch

Offline mecch

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 11:35:06 pm »
To be fair, Pierce doesn't seem dumb to me in this interview.  It appears that he just didn't think critically about the bill and probably didn't really care about LGBTQ issues. He seems to say he hears debate and opposing views all the time so he didn't really think about the opposing views. 

Then all of it was put in his face, under his nose, and he thought about it critically.  VERY BIG business interests made it clear to Arizona that the bill was a bad idea, by the way. 

So he says he made a mistake. I feel better now actually, having seen this video with Pierce because that first official Cooper interviewed was a dullard.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.