Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:59:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: POZ Mag: Murder of an HIV Ad Man  (Read 2364 times)

Offline bear60

POZ Mag: Murder of an HIV Ad Man
« on: February 20, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »
"February 16, 2007

Murder of an HIV Ad Man
Mark Norris, 46, head of the ad agency that designed a controversial Philly HIV prevention campaign last summer featuring rifle cross hairs was gunned down in his company’s boardroom earlier this week. According to police, Norris, his brother and a business partner were all shot by an investor claiming he had been defrauded.  "....Poz Mag
He was ALSO gay. 

Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: POZ Mag: Murder of an HIV Ad Man
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:18:32 pm »
Hi Bear

I don't subscribe to POZ MAG, so I don't know what the story is about but would like to hear what happened...if you have the time.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bear60

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:40:19 am »
Hi Annie.... actually AIDSMEDS and PozMagazine are one and the same. Go up to the top of the window and look at the right side....you will see POZ.....click on that and you will get Poz Magazine. All the stories are listed in there.

But.....just to make it short......a disgruntled investor called a meeting and then shot to death several of the company heads....he tried to kill them all but missed on one .  This guy was the one who created the HIV ad campaign that was so controversial last year......the "Black Person in the Crosshairs of a Gun" campaign.  In fact,  so controversial the ad got pulled.
Joel

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »
Thanks bear for the post and the Pm..sorry, I thought it was the Monthly Magazine you were talking about, I never saw the Ad you were referring to, it was obviously aimed at the American public, unfortunately we don't have any advertising on HIV education over here at all..good or bad.

Thanks again, I will catch up with the story when I have a little more time...and get round to answering the PM also.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:32:15 pm »
Annie
As you can imagine, I am always interested in news items that pertain to HIV/AIDS.  Last year there were at least two ad campaigns that became very controversial....one in Philadelphia....and one in Los Angeles.  Philly had a very bad year for street crime .  Every day more murders in the paper. Innocent children being caught in a hail of bullets intended for someone else. Then this ad campaign for HIV education came out....a "Black Person in the Crosshairs of a Gun".  People went ballistic.  The ad was pulled.
I dont doubt that this ad guy was a very talented person.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.