Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:40:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772952
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 460
Total: 460

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Meds Today!  (Read 25360 times)

Offline Nadine

Re: Starting Meds Today!
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 06:50:28 am »
Sounds like your doing really good Juan. It'll only get better from here!

Take good care of yourself with your work schedule, pace yourself, get rest when you can.

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2006, 07:05:14 pm »
Glad to hear you are doing well on the meds blondie....I hope the meds will continue to be successful for you.  Take care, and keep us posted.

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline Eldon

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2006, 10:00:53 pm »
Hi Juan, make sure you eat, drink plenty of fluids, and get as much rest as you can.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2006, 10:43:58 am »
Just an update on my meds. I came today from flying. Only three short legs today but had to wake up at 5.00 am and I take my meds at 23.30.
So I went to sleep at 21.30. and had set my alarm clock at 23.30, took my meds and woke up almost with no drowsiness or anything. And whatīs even better...My swollen lymph nodes in my armpits are reducing in size very fast!  ;D I can hardly find them!
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2006, 10:48:35 am »
Juan...... How you feeling in general (physically and MENTALLY?)  I know the feeling of having different schedules all the time... I hate that thing about getting to bed earily then having to wake up 1 hour later, but getting use to it..

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2006, 10:56:48 am »
Eric I am feeling great! I am used to those schedules and it isnīt really difficult for me to follow them. I know this is all psychological, but the fact of starting meds makes me feel safe and euphoric. These are my best days since diagnosis.  ;D
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2006, 11:00:09 am »
Juan, thats what I wanted to here!  Your going to do great and I am so happy that your start up went smoooooothly!!! Thats a blessing....

Love

Eric

Offline portuguesecouple

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2006, 01:30:28 pm »
;D
we're glad you succeed with meds. Your virus his suffering. heehaw
I'm happy that you feel better and happier.
I hope we see you again soon.
Kisses
Madalena

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2006, 04:55:53 am »
Really glad you are doing well, Juan!

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline survivor4me

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2006, 04:06:57 pm »
hey... I think this was a FANTASTIC decision and good for you!  I've been freaking out since being diagnosed on yes,  the 25th anniversary, June 1, 2006. 

my CD4 was 359 and VL of 89K. 

I decided I wanted to be as aggressive as possible...  so I found an I/D doctor and asked for a regime asap.  I think I started on or about the 15th of June.

I got my first blood test on august 1st... (my appt is postponed til Aug 24th with the doc because of his vacation) but I got my results faxed to me the other day.

WOO WOO YEAH!!

My cd 4 is now 533

VL went down to 9,000

I'm pleased...

however, lets talk a bit of side effects.  I had some unrelated internal complications that might have taken some attention away from my counts (email me for that) but.... I have had diarrhea ever since.. mostly very loose stools and some gas.    It seems better with 1/2 pill of Imodium every day (i don't like taking more drugs), i eat well, have oat bran with my cereal too to absorb things.  Then around the 3rd or 4th week I  got a rash on my body... not itchy, not bumpy... it subsided within days.  I think from the sustiva.

THE DREAMS.... mostly in the beginning.... were out of this world.

otherwise... side effects were minimal and able to live with.

I think its a good choice.  SO FAR, SO GOOD.  Now if we can find a cure.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2006, 06:11:46 pm »
Thank you survivor! Those numbers are great in only 6 weeks! I hope not to develop the sustiva rash because nobody in my family knows...Unfortunately I had no sustiva dreams, in fact I sleep better than before...well...maybe the other day...I dreamt of a magic cucumber in vinegar: I could bite it and ask for a wish. But I always had those strange dreams even before sustiva.

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2006, 06:56:41 pm »
Dear Juan,

I'm so happy things are going good for you! ;D

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline miztaken

• a true dream
    • when dreams come true
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2006, 01:31:09 pm »
http:// congrats to u on yur new begging of life i started taking my meds a mth ago and im glad to no that im not the only one havin to swallow all 3 big pills wen i take my meds i think of those who did not make it this far that is my encouragement and my reason of life so just happy and remember u r and i and many others have made it this far we will make it the rest of the way cheers to u all and hey the dreams r what i make out it i always laugh at mines because they r so damm wierd lmao GOD BLESS U & TO ALL OF U GUYS
caint get enuff of life
                               mz watson

Offline TrilbyCowboy

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2006, 03:27:51 pm »
Juan,

Sounds like things are going well for you; GREAT! I remember the fear of the unknown the first night of taking the same combo. I experienced the wild/ vivid Sustiva dreams the first couple of nights, but like you, I know sleep deeply for a good 6 hours at least. The combo has worked great for me, and my numbers were not as good as yours when I started. I have been on this combo for 17 months and my viral load has been undetectable after the first 90 days, and my t-cell count has increased by 300.

Some things I have found helpful for me; 1) diet; eat regular meals even if small, and try to eat a healthier diet, fruits and vegetables to add fiber, and stay away from fatty foods at night. I have found that any negative side effect usually follow after not eating right.
2) I take a multi-vitamin daily as well. I have found one now that is "formulated with ginseng, ginko, and high levels of five essential B vitamins" that has really helped to increase my energy level and my alertness the next morning. I occassionally had those foggy mornings before. I get up at 4:30am for work, and that makes me foggy enough!

Saw my doctor yesterday for the results of my last blood work.  All is still looking great. He gave me a prescription for the new Atripla, which I will be starting when I finsih the meds I now have. Looks like will slightly decrease my drug co-pay.

Best of luck, I am sure you will be seeing great results on your next set of labs.

Paul

Offline Basquo

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2006, 05:45:46 pm »
Juan, I've been absent from this section of the forums for a few weeks, so I just saw this thread.  I'm glad you're doing so well with your meds, and I commend you for working such long hours as well! I think this will be a breeze for you from now on.  I'm very proud of you!

Best,
Creighton

Offline chrisphoenix05

• Taken in May 2006
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2006, 08:46:27 pm »
Juan, I wish you the best.  It's the same regimen I've been on for almost 4 years.  I guess I'm lucky because I only experienced mild side effects from the Sustiva for the first month, then they went away.  My doctor advised me to take them at night before bedtime, which has helped.  Remember, everyone reacts differently.  I didn't experience any of the diarrhea that some here have, and I feel a whole lot better since my viral load went undetectable.  My advise is to be patient with it and talk to your doctor often.  Remember, you are his boss, not the other way around!

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2006, 05:27:42 pm »
Thank you Miztaken! Chirs, ...Cowboy Thanks for your tips. ;) Creighton I am using Avon!  :D Thank you kelly for allways being there!

Offline ewjok

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2006, 05:36:02 pm »
Hey Juan, good luck with the meds,I started on the same 4 months ago, unfortunately had nearly every side-effect known, but, persevered and nearly all off them went after the first month, the only effects that lingered were, totally unable to concentrate and light headedness, this was remedied by my doc splitting the dose. I am now totally side-effect free and my v/l is virtually undetectable.I feel great and hope you will to, good luck and keep smiling. ;D

Offline oshipshiyo

• If I find out how to post or reply I wil do so.
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2006, 02:03:45 am »
I get head aches also & I take IBUPROFEN~800mg for it.  If that does not work I change after six hours to 1000 mg's of ACETAMINOPHEN, that usually helps my head aches, I do not like to take the stronger drugs that are out there for a head ache. ;)
I am taking TRUVADA & SUSTIVA; I have been taking these drugs for about 6 months now.
My counts are:
HIV RNA,QUANT,PCR (HVL):<400 copies/mL
%CD4: 48%
ABSOLUTE # CD4:1150
%CD8: 24%
ABSOLUTE # CD8 576
CD4:CD8 RATIO (HSRAT): 2.0
I take these pills in the morning when I get up with 6-8oz of plain water. I have no reaction mented I only have a condition that I'm shure the pills make my skin itch, I have other health  problems the amount of pills that I take two times a day is 22.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.