Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:20:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: just did it  (Read 30445 times)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: just did it
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2007, 04:38:58 pm »
HAART is supposed to lower viral load.

Valtrex is not the same thing. It's all moot since we know you are HIV negative.

All the rest of this is just drama your head is running on you. Keep working with your therapist. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 06:10:39 pm »
andy i hope you are right, if the elisa comes back neg, i will never post on here again and just do my therapy, the news on aidsmeds,com just scared me about valtrex lowering viral load by over 50 percent and i figured that would effect antibodies. i will keep my promise on my first statement.need to get back to some kind of life.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2007, 07:02:45 pm »
Good plan. Life is at its best too short to waste on unnecessary worrying.
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2007, 04:38:08 pm »
okay hopefully this is the last time i post on here, my test came back viral load undetectable and t cell 717 normal being 359-1000, the doctor didnt do an antibody test. he said with these results there is no way you have hiv. any comments please, and thanks for putting up with me

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2007, 04:45:17 pm »
I hope it's the last time too. I've reported this thread to our Moderators for review.

You don't have HIV so of course you have an undetectable VL and a normal CD4 count. I won't bother explaining anything further as conversations with you are pointless -- you never pay any attention to the advice we give you.

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2007, 07:01:38 pm »
Matty, i realize I dont have hiv

Then why are you still here, you have been told and given good advise and still you have refused to accept any of it.

I have given you a 28 day TO, please think about the advise you have been given and move on..this is an HIV site, and you do not have HIV.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2007, 08:04:25 pm »
he said with these results there is no way you have hiv. any comments please,

You were not saying goodbye you were looking for more input and I'm not sure what comments you are looking for..as you Doctor has told you and the guys here have told you are HIV negative, so no more comments are needed from us..as I said before this is an HIV site and you DO NOT have HIV...it's time for you to move on.

Jan

Edited to add:  after 56 posts I don't think we have been impatient with you at all.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:10:30 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »
Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone, my time out worked out well, did an elisa test and got some major counseling to deal with grief and how i was turning it on my self, sorry to everyone for being a pain in the ass but you are alll truly wonderful people to help others while dealing with your own dilemma. thanks again,
side note to ann, you are an american , just how did you end up in the irish sea,just curious/will be touring the british isles in july.
mikael

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2016, 12:36:47 am »
Mar 30 I went to a gay masseur and he offered to stimulate my prostate , I thought sure why not, he was doing it with his fingers, and than ask me to move towards the end of the table, so he was continuing massaging me and than all of a sudden I felt both his hands on my legs and realized he had his tiny penis penis in me , I flew off the table and screamed at him. I asked about his status and he said he was neg and gets tested all the time. That was wed Thursday started freaking out and fri went to the clinic, told my embarrassing story and they gave me a rapid test, negative and took blood for 4th gen ab/age test, I was prescribed truvada and isentress . Took all the drugs and went back may 4 test they took a month ago was non reactive , they did another rapid test , neg than took blood for anothe at/ab test. Now I'm waiting and freaking. He was in me for no longer than 15 seconds and his penis was the size of his finger. No orgasm . Am I just panicking for no reason.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2016, 12:45:50 am »
Mar 30 I went to a gay masseur and he offered to stimulate my prostate , I thought sure why not, he was doing it with his fingers, and than ask me to move towards the end of the table, so he was continuing massaging me and than all of a sudden I felt both his hands on my legs and realized he had his tiny penis penis in me , I flew off the table and screamed at him. I asked about his status and he said he was neg and gets tested all the time. That was wed Thursday started freaking out and fri went to the clinic, told my embarrassing story and they gave me a rapid test, negative and took blood for 4th gen ab/age test, I was prescribed truvada and isentress . Took all the drugs and went back may 4 test they took a month ago was non reactive , they did another rapid test , neg than took blood for anothe at/ab test. Now I'm waiting and freaking. He was in me for no longer than 15 seconds and his penis was the size of his finger. No orgasm . Am I just panicking for no reason. I know the ab/ag test they did is back but I'm on vacation with some friends and don't want to fall apart and ruin their vacation. I guess I would like to know taking pep at 48 hr what are my chances of it succeeding.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:48:44 am by notnow »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2016, 02:35:56 am »
PEP is highly effective and you started the PEP within the recommend timeframes.
I don't do chances or % of risks. Simply test as recommended by your Doctor.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2016, 11:32:42 am »
after the 4th generation ag/ab test 5 days after finishing pep, they told me that i don't have to come back, which i was confused since reading on line they always say at least 1 month after pep and 3 months after pep, so i emailed the dr and got this below as a reply, anyone care to reply.

The test at the end of the month of meds should detect either the HIV antigen or antibody at even a low level if an actual infection of your T-cells occurred.  As an added precaution, you might want to check another rapid finger stick test in a month or two, as we used to do before the new HIV testing became available.

David W. Lyter, MD, MPH
Medical Director

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2016, 11:42:47 am »
Look I can't really comment on what someone else said or emailed you, we advised you of the standard guidelines to test post PEP.

Its up to you to test or not.

Kind regards

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2016, 04:07:17 pm »
Look I can't really comment on what someone else said or emailed you, we advised you of the standard guidelines to test post PEP.

Kind regards

Jim
Jim i guess i should of been clearer as to my request , have you or anyone ever heard of this comment from a dr about this test. planning on 3 month post pep test was more curious.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2016, 04:18:01 pm »
Perhaps I was not clear, the advice we give is to test post completion of PEP and we don't comment on what other individuals say.

Kind regards

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2017, 02:55:09 pm »
after last years's scare and finally testing out after pep, when on my merry way, in oct had protected anal sex, checked the condom before and after and i slipped it off the guy, it was in tact. couple of weeks later had two incidents or receptive oral sex with no ejaculation, tasted pre cum. mouth is in pretty good shape and it had been 4 hours since brushing my teeth, didn't think anything about the incidents. jan had peripheral neuropathy diagnose, diabetes( a1c) never went over 7 so thought this was strange but also diagnosed me with b6 toxicity which could also cause the neuropathy. started thinking hiv, i'm 65 so i'm thinking i would progress rapidly also i know my white and lymph are normal but low normal. so the ocd really started kicking in. finally two day ago couldn't stand it went to my local aids clinic , there they were telling me yes oral is a risk,i 'm like freaking now  , they were going to give me a reg blood test which they said was back in two days and would catch infections at two weeks, but i told them it had been 8 months so please do the rapid, clear view hiv1/2 , it was neg the lady asked if i was sure i didn't want the blood draw, now thinking should i have done that, in jan when the neurologist did my blood work he also did immunogulbolin levels , normal and immuntoxication serum test also normal that would of been 3 months after the incident.
1. there would be no reason to suspect i am too old or too far gone to produce antibodies.
2. oral sex is not a risk, right?
3. globulin levels a week ago were normal which i would guess means my body does put out antibodies.
please help me put this to rest.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2017, 03:25:25 pm »
Providing unprotected oral sex on a male is a theoretical only risk for HIV infection and would require that your mouth contains gaping wounds, such is not the case with you.

For HIV to be present, there would be antibodies--which you do not have (no, you are not too old to develop HIV antibodies).

You also tested negative, if I'm reading your entry correctly, eight months after the incident, so you are conclusively negative due to the incident(s) you have described.

Move on with your life.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2017, 03:38:48 pm »
I appreciate your quick answer and yes the theoretical versuses the documented is always out there irritating the shit out of the worried well. Even v a and hiv gov site says little to worry about oral sex , no gaping wounds in the mouth here. Just the body took a turn for the worst. Which i fully admit when you hiv on the brain you can do some serious damage to the body. I guess reassurance that I'm thinking straight,i might of just told her to do a blood pull while she was at it but was too scared.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2017, 06:53:40 pm »
You're welcome.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.