Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:25:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 462
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need some reassurance  (Read 6676 times)

Offline miguelito

Need some reassurance
« on: July 01, 2006, 03:54:36 pm »

Hey guys it been a while.... I know I shoulld not be too worried about my current situation, but I need to tell someone that I am freaking out a bit.  Hooked up with a really cute woman from England on Sunday night and we each performed oral on each other with a bit of rimming on my part. Began to feel fatigued Wednesday morning and had a fever of 103 by Wednesday night with diarrhea. Stiil have low grade fever and diarrhea today. So my mind is starting to play what if game with me... Just need to tell someone.  Thank you all for being here. 

Ann, I have not logged in for a while and username was not recognized :-(

Offline RapidRod

Re: Need some reassurance
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:59:45 pm »
Symptoms or the lack there of, are not specific to HIV. Your fever came on way to early to be related to HIV. You had oral sex. NO risk for HIV, but you might want to get check out for STDs.

Offline miguelito

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 04:13:52 pm »
Thank you RapidRod-
It is helpful to hear that from you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 04:30:04 pm »
Miguelito, I completely agree with Rod. You weren't at risk for HIV in the incident you described.

Other STDs are a separate issue, especially because rimming was involved and the anus is the germiest orifice in the body. So if you have any continuing symptoms you should check things out with your doctor.

As far as HIV is concerned you can rest easy and testing is not needed.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline miguelito

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 04:42:55 pm »
Thank you Andy! I can not tell how much your reply means to me. I should trust my judgement, but the fever has me freaked out. I will speak to my doctor about STD testing.  Have a wonderful holiday. Be well.
Miguelito

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 11:30:35 pm »
Glad you found the exchange to be helpful. Good luck with getting everything checked out and cleared up.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline miguelito

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:53 pm »
Andy- You were right.. I picked up a campylobacter infection from the rimming.. A few days of antibiotics and I am feeling much better.  I was really worried.. Thanks again for your help. Miguelito

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 02:03:10 am »
Miguelito,

Interesting.  Campylobacter is usually contracted by consuming raw or undercooked poultry.  Birds can be silent carriers.

Cross contamination on food preparation surfaces is common.  Don't cut you veggies on the same cutting board you just cut your raw chicken on.

Just thought I'd throw that in as you may not have contracted it from the rimming.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline miguelito

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 07:37:40 am »
Thanks Morgan.  You are absolutely correct is possible that I ate some bad food, however the woman informed me that she had intestinal issues that lasted about a week prior to our get together. It is a very nasty bug that can be acquired from oral-anal contact as the bacteria can live in the intestinal tract for months if not properly treated. Thanks again for you thoughts. Miguelito

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 09:17:44 am »
Good that you got that taken care of, Miguelito. Those intestinal bugs can be very problematical.

You need to keep in mind that the anus is the germiest orifice in the body. So you have to decide what level of risk you're comfortable with. It's not going to put you at risk for HIV, but there are other STDs, etc. So this is one of those areas where you have to decide what you're ok with doing.

In general if you are sexually active it's a good idea to have the standard panel of STD tests done regularly -- at least annually and more frequently if you have troubling symptoms.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline miguelito

Should I test?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 09:22:08 am »
Hey guys need some advice..... I cut my finger while doing yard work at about noon on the day of concern. Fast forward 12-hours later..... I began to finger a woman and felt a stinging sensation on my finger. Remembeing I cut my finger I wiped my hand free of fluid and used my other hand.  No blood was visible on my finger finger. Should I get tested as the result of this situation? Thank you.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Should I test?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 03:25:22 pm »
Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 04:35:02 pm »
Miguelito

I have merged your threads..please keep all your question in this one from now on..thank you.

No risk and no need to test over your latest incident please read the Welcome Thread..and follow the lessons on how HIV is transmitted.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline miguelito

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 05:52:11 pm »
Sorry about the new thread. I was not sure how to find the old thread. Thank you for your response to my lastest concern. I did read the lessons it is just wasnt clear to me regarding the risk of a cut while fingering. Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 06:00:16 pm »
Fingering is NOT a risk for HIV transmission except theoretically. In the real world of HIV science it just doesn't happen that way. As for the stinging feeling, that's a common sensation with any recent scrape, bruise, cut or other similar injury and is absolutely not to interpreted as a sign of HIV transmission.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline miguelito

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 06:05:45 pm »
Thank you Andy:  The stinging thing had me worried. Hearing that from you is very reassuring. Have a great holiday. Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.