Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:24:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 600
Total: 601

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV from massage palor ??  (Read 32970 times)

Offline unknown100

HIV from massage palor ??
« on: July 23, 2008, 01:26:12 am »
It was the last day of the October, last year. I went to a massage parlor and had a full body massage! At the end of one hour session, she asked me whether I would like to massage my penis and ejeculate! I agreed and she gave a handjob till I ejeculate. She cleaned the stuffs that came on me using a small towel which she used before to clean my feet when she massaged my feet.
So the same towel should have been used on the person that came before me too. May be the one who came before have ejeculated and cleaned his stuff with the same towel.
Later on I came to know that I had a small cut on one of my toes.
So assuming the towel was used by a person to wipe the sperms of an hiv positive person, what are the chances that i might get the virus. She cleaned my toes with the towel about 45 minutes after starting the massage. So that means the towel was not used for 45 minutes. So can the virus on the towel for so long?
And the same night, i searched the net and i was so worried. I felt like i was useless. And from the next day onward, body ache started. I felt like i was in a situation of illness. I looked for any read spots on my body. I found around 6 red spots on my arms. and 2 or 3 on my chest. I had a sore throat and swollen lymphs under my arm during the 3 months that followed. At the end of the 3 months, I got a rash mostly on arms and legs.
But after 3 months, almost every symptom has gone! But during those 3 months, I had everything that could be suspected for hiv.

And a week ago, I fingered a woman whose status I dont know. I didnt put my finger into her. I just rubbed my fingers on the clit and on the outer labia. After doing that, I noticed I had a hangnail. About her, she works in a massage parlor too.
So what do you think? Can i be infected in these two ways? Please just dont say "fingering is low risk or no risk". Please consider that i have a hangnail while i rub her clit and her outer labia.

Thanks for what you are doing here.. waiting..

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV from massage palor ??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:31:33 am »
HIV is not transmitted in that manner. You were never at risk. Read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:56:33 am »
Sir, it wouldn't have mattered if the towel and the table were dripping with sperm from previousl clients who were HIV+. HIV is a fragile virus and it is absolutely not transmitted from surfaces such as that or through nicks, cuts, bumps, bruises and such on your body. In order to be transmitted it requires the kind of receptive setting provided by a vagina or an anus. That's why wearing a condom for those activities everytime is so essential.

You are worrying needlessly this time.
Andy Velez

Offline unknown100

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:05 am »
thank you both! how about the second case? rubbing the clit and labia while I have a handnail doesnt matter either? does HIV stay alive on the clit and labia? is it just the inside of the vigina that it can survive?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:23:08 am by unknown100 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 11:08:16 am »
un,

Not one single person has ever been infected through fingering, hangnail or cuts or whatever included. You won't be the first.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline unknown100

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:34:59 pm »
Started itching the whole body, and three or four lymphs on the neck are swollen.
I am wondering whether lymphs can get swollen due to anxiety? I am asking this cuz you guys have listened to a lot of people, and you guys have a lot of experience as well. So you may clear this up for me with your experience, i believe.
About the fingering (just on the clitoris with oil -  not inside vigina), is it a LOW risk or NO risk situation even with hangnail?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:31:43 pm »
NO risk as far as fingering the clitoris.

Leave your lymph nodes alone. If they remain swollen that's something to discuss with your doctor. Lymph nodes are very sensitive and squeezing, pressing or otherwise manipulating can cause REAL problems. I can't diagnose the cause of the swelling but I do know there is a strong corrolation bewteen stress and the body's reaction to it. Ditto re itching. Nervousness can bring that on. But as with lymph nodes, if it persists you should discuss it with your doctor. 
Andy Velez

Offline unknown100

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:15:15 am »
hi there
you have been doing this great job for years now and you have been saying with so confidence "no risk" to a lot of situations.. did anyone has ever come back and said that you were wrong and they got hiv though you have said "no risk situation"?
thanks for the previous replies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 08:25:18 am »
un,

In all the years I've been here, there's only been a handful of people who went on to test positive and they ALL had HIGH RISKS.

Not a single person with a no-risk situation has tested positive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline unknown100

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:01:28 am »
thanks

Offline unknown100

Hiv from Breasts?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »
I am not sure whether I have to start a new topic or continue with the one I created before! I found my topic, but it says "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. " Therefore, I am opening a new one. If you guys want it in one topic, please please merge both without any hard feelings.
Anyway, here is the problem i encountered today (23 Oct 2008).
Today I went to a massage palour and she gave me a hand job at the end. But the problem is, I sucked her breasts (nipples) when she gave the hand job! I dont know her hiv status. She is not married and doest have kids. Therefore, I hope there will not be any milk. But there could be anything other discharge, which I am not sure about. I sucked them for arnd 40 seconds. I am having a sore throat. Tell me whether I have any risk?
Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: Hiv from Breasts?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 02:15:46 pm »
Put your questions in your Orginal Thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 03:05:30 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

You've been coming here long enough to have begun to get a sense of what is risky and what isn't. Bottom line? You are worrying needlessly.

Even if you were with a an HIV+ woman who was lactating and you sucked her nipples, you still wouldn't have been at risk. An infant whose immune system hadn't kicked in would be at risk nursing under those conditions. An adult is not at risk. Your saliva contains over 13 elements which very effectively neutralize the viability of HIV.

You also ought to know by now that symptoms of any kind will never tell you anything accurately should you have a genuinely risky incident -- specifically unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Those are the only two real risks sexually for transmission. Use condoms all the time for those actions and you will be well protected.

No risk this time and certainly no need for testing. If your symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline unknown100

hiv from massage parlor?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 01:50:56 pm »
I went to a massage parlor again today..  At the end she asked me to massage her, and I did. She removed her cloths and I massage her whole body. In the process, I fingered her and I licked her nipples and kissed her for a long time.
After fingering her, I sucked her vagina, which was wet. So if vaginal fluid contains HIV, am I at risk? I have a sore throat while I gave oral on her.. Besides, there could be minor cuts while I fingered her. Moreover, I don’t know the condition of her mouth either. 
Which action is riskier? Do I need to test?
It has started itching my legs, arms and body after around 1 hrs of the “event”. It’s getting itchier now.
Hope you’ll look on all the points I mentioned. One thing is sure for me. I will never go to any massage parlor or any place like that or to any person like that anymore. The feeling is killing me. Help!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 02:22:01 pm »

No Risk.. 

I  One thing is sure for me. I will never go to any massage parlor or any place like that or to any person like that anymore.

I don't believe you.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 02:25:17 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 02:48:08 pm »
As Rod has told you, there was absolutely no risk for HIV via any of the activities you are currently reporting. Have you ever read our lesson on Transmission and actually taken in what it says? Doesn't seem so. The only real risks for HIV transmission sexually are via unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. All the rest is strictly theoretically risky but not in the real world of HIV. Got it?

Get on with you life and stop with all this unnecessary, sexually guilt-ridden drama.  Really.
Andy Velez

Offline unknown100

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 03:11:53 pm »
Yes, I have read the lesson. I asked not the part regarding oral sex or sucking. I asked because of the possibility of the blood (microscopic) due to fingering and due the fact that virginal fluid contains hiv. So basically the question is can hiv be transmited from blood via mouth? And for Rod’s warning, I am sorry for that. I thought the warning is about questioning A no-risk situation. I have never asked about this same situation or anything like this. Before I asked about a massage parlor, but the incident was totally different. Besides I posted exactly two months ago and its only one post. So I don’t think I am annoying.  But thank you.
Skeebo and Andy, thanks to you too!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 03:24:47 pm »
Look at the first post that you posted on this forum. You asked again the same question about fingering. We aren't here to hold your hand everytime you go out and have sex. If you have that many phiobias then I suggest you don't have sex until you seek some professional help.

Offline unknown100

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 03:25:08 pm »
And Andy, you could be right. It could be the guilt that’s driving me crazy. My loyal wife doesn’t know anything I am doing.  Thanks.  But I still want to know whether blood or vaginal fluid in the mounth can infect me. Plus I want know whether anything due to HIV can occur this soon – only few hours after the ‘act’?

Offline unknown100

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 03:34:02 pm »
Yes, Rod, I asked about fingering. But in that post I was worried due to the hangnail I had then. And I did not give oral on her at that time. And in the last post, I just asked about hiv transmission from blood via mouth. I didn’t ask about whether fingering is risky on not this time. Moreover, I don’t need anyone to hold my hand. I came here just to clarify some doubts. And I thought that’s all this forum is all about.  If I was wrong, correct me. Thanks for your suggestion, Rod!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 03:35:41 pm »
If we tell you no risk, the the answer is NO. and without a risk you don't have symptoms of HIV which are not specific to begin with. If you have a concern about your symptoms see your doctor, they have nothing to do with HIV.

Offline unknown100

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 03:40:31 pm »
thanks

Offline unknown100

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 03:47:25 pm »
I found this from one of Andy’s answers.
“Saliva contains over a dozen elements which very effectively inhibit HIV's transmission”.
That solved the issue.
Thank you all!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 04:40:49 pm »
Good. Get on with your life. And if straying is going to get you crazed, then maybe you need to re-think doing that?
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 09:07:55 pm »
un,

Unless you've been fucking someone without a condom, quit wasting our time.

Blunt, but true. Deal with it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline unknown100

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 03:32:02 pm »
Hey, I saw from somewhere that HIV is present in saliva of AIDS patients.. if saliva contains elements that can effectively kill HIV, why is it possible? just asking this cuz its somewhat related to my experience, though I dont know the one at the parlor was with AIDS or not.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 03:38:35 pm »
And you also read that there is not enough virus to cause infection. Keep this up and you will be banned from the forum.

Offline unknown100

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 03:48:32 pm »
One more question: isnt a single virus enough to make hiv positive? does it need many to get in to the body? I am asking this for clarification.. I am sorry you find me irritating.. by the way, thanks for your answers..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 03:51:30 pm »
For the last time. Saliva is not infectious.

Offline unknown100

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »
thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.