Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 390
Total: 393

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: re getting to Montreal  (Read 15243 times)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
re getting to Montreal
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:20:52 pm »
Dear All,

Just want to let you know that I am that I will be joining you for a part of the Montreal weekend. I'd hoped to be there for the whole event, but something else has intervened which has caused me to change my plans. I've been invited to work at the Toronto International Conference as liason between the International AIDS Society (among others) and those in the activist community who will be attending the conference.

I will not be able to leave Toronto until after a meeting on Saturday morning (19th), after which I will grab a plane to Montreal. So I will see you all either late afternoon or very early Saturday evening. I plan to fly home to NYC on Tuesday. I'm disappointed not to be there for Ric and Thoms's ceremony on Friday and the service on Saturday morning, but some time with you is better than none is how I look at it.

So I am looking forward to at last seeing you all in person.

Cheers,

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 04:18:53 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
Re: re getting to Montreal
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 03:00:37 pm »
Dear Andy,

This is indeed wonderful news!  While Thom and I will miss you on Friday, we are all looking forward to meeting you on Saturday.  It will be great to see you.

Warmest regards, Ric

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:11:43 pm »
Andy

Welcome aboard buddy!   :)

I'm looking forward to this trip a lot because of the wonderful people I'm going to get to meet/see again.  Now there's one more!   :)

RAB

Edit to add: when you find out your itinerary, don't forget to post it in the thread "arrivals/departures"  otherwise Ric and Cliff will spank you!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 04:13:24 pm by RAB »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 04:38:35 pm »
So if I report my itinerary, can I still get spanked anyway?
Andy Velez

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:24:27 pm »
Andy, be careful what you wish for. . .

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 06:36:06 pm »
So if I report my itinerary, can I still get spanked anyway?

Andy...I'm sure Ric will take pleasure into this.  ::)

Kidding aside Andy, great to hear you'll be there even if it's a bit later.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 07:14:22 pm »
Spankings aside, Andy, I am delighted to I'll have this opportunity to meet you!

Yay!

Love,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:02:14 pm »
Andy

This is great news.  Tim, as you know, is showing up Saturday AM for a breakfast presentation on the events at Toronto.  Now if I can get ahold of the AMG guy (I'm still not sure who that is by the way although I have my suspicions) maybe we can have him pencil in a more informal Sunday/Monday morning breakfast to get all the hot poop of behind the scenes intrigue (you know,  who did what, where, when, why and how?  And vice versa.  I'm sure someone will be more than happy to fill you in on what you've missed in Montreal.)

I'm so glad you're coming. 

robert

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:56:47 pm »
Ack! Why is everyone scheduling all this AM stuff? Some of us won't be dragging ourselves out of bed till the crack of noon :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:59:22 pm »
Because Tim has to do it in the morning..he can't be in Montreal for long if I remember correctly.

The Canuck
(Who thinks there will be a lot of puffy eyes around)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 12:05:12 am »
I will do what it takes to make it. Though I might need a bag over my head.

Or, you know, bloody mary. And the bag.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 12:11:19 am »
Ok..I'll bring the bags with me...a wide variety of them for everyone but Rocky...he doesn't need it since he doesn't go to bed after 9:00 pm apparently.

The Canuck
(Who's wondering if we'll need throwing up bags too ?) :-\

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 07:28:09 am »
Hi Andy

I'm glad to hear you are going to make it to Montreal, I look forward to meeting you and hearing about your trip to Toronto.

Hugs
Jan :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 08:52:08 am »
Jonathan,

Something VERY important I must add to this thread.

In Canada there is no such thing as a Bloody Mary, its called a Caesar.   Its made with Clamato juice (spicy is better) instead of tomato juice (unless you ask for it with tomato juice specifically).

I personally recommend you order a spicy caesar.  The drink isn't bad either.   ;)

Sae.
Meh.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 10:01:37 am »
... and the multicultural education begins :)

Seriously, Clamato scares me a little. The juice of small sea animals? Of course, it's served with vodka. Wouldn't it HAVE to be?

Looking forward to seeing Andy and the rest of you, even through red-rimmed eyes :)

Welcome Thread

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 10:08:35 am »
Bloody Caesar are pretty good but should be possible to get a bloody Mary if you want to. I'm able to order them over here so I guess it is the same in Montreal although the Caesar is more popular.  8)

The Canuck

Offline Cliff

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 11:44:26 am »
That's great Andy!  I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

;D

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 12:39:14 pm »
Thanks for all the welcoming responses. Looking forward to meeting each of you too.

As for what drink mixes to enjoy, probably stick to a glass or two of red or Stoly with tonic.

Mixed drinks can be lethal for me even if they taste good at first. Having just gotten over food poisoning recently, I'm paying attention to what goes into my mouth. ...Just sayin'.
Andy Velez

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 12:42:24 pm »
I'm paying attention to what goes into my mouth.

Andy..with all those naughty boys in Montreal..yes pay attention to what goes into your mouth. Just sayin'  :P

The Canuck

jerry

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 12:45:49 pm »
Good I will finally get to meet you in person. Glad you are coming to Montreal Andy.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 04:15:21 pm »
Andy,

I'm so glad you are going to be able to come!

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jody

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 06:50:27 pm »
 ;D

Yeah !!! Mr. Chips will be coming to Montreal at last !!!

Hip Hip Hooray !!!

Jody

:D
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 08:11:16 pm »
WooHoo    Glad to hear that you will be able to join us Andy.

Oh......and BTW.......ask my kids........I'm a VERY good spanker! ;) :o
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.