Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:52:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 219
Total: 220

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Christine has passed, she is finally at peace.  (Read 76768 times)

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
Re: Christine has passed, she is finally at peace.
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2007, 05:41:32 am »
To Chris, and everyone dear to Christine:

My deepest condolences, and my heartfelt sympathy. I feel your pain within my own heart.

I have no words to express all the thoughts running through my mind.

Godspeed Christine, Godspeed.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2007, 05:42:39 am »
Chris, my condolences go out to you and your family.
Christine will surely be missed.

RIP Sweet Lady  :-*

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2007, 05:43:34 am »
I am deeply sadend by this news. I believe she is at peace now. She has some great company up there in Heaven.
My heart felt condolences to you and you family. She was A wonderful woman. So very sweet, so very kind and thoughtful.. I will miss her very much.

Positive since 1985

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2007, 05:58:13 am »
Chris

I don’t really know what to say other than my heart goes out to you at this time. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Im sure that each and every one of us hopes that if you need any support you will turn to us on the forums as well as to your nearest and dearest. We would like to be there for you.

With much love
xxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2007, 06:17:36 am »
My heartfelt condolences to you and family dear Chris.

Christine has touched my life beyond words and was able to give so freely.

She was such an inspiration and extraordinary show of strength for us all.

May she rest now. Peace at last.

Take good care of yourself now. With fondest thoughts.

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2007, 07:18:46 am »
Thank you for letting us know. I can not say more than has already been said here. Christine was a true inspiration, I will remember her with great respect.

To her family, blessings and thank you for being so wonderful and appreciating her so much.

God Bless, Peter

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2007, 07:29:34 am »
Chris,
I never seem to know what to say at times like this.  So I'll simply say, Thank you for letting us know and sharing her final moments with us.
My thoughts are with you.

Mike

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2007, 08:05:04 am »
Chris....

You have my deepest sympathies.... 
Thank you for sharing your loss with us....
as we thought highly of her too.
Having lost a lover to aids Oct 15, 2004.....
I understand only too well the grief you must feel....
and the loss you will always know.
Hang in there good buddy.....
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Cliff

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2007, 08:16:04 am »
Chris,

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for updating us.  Christine touched a lot of people.

Cliff

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2007, 08:25:58 am »
Oh Chris, I’m so sorry. My heart goes out to you at this very sad time. But as tragic as this news is, I’m glad you can find some comfort in knowing that dear Christine’s suffering is finally over; I know that she had been in much pain for so long. Please know that you are in my thoughts and do not hesitate to email/call me if you wish.

I’m in tears now as I write this. But I know that the sadness, loss and heartache I’m feeling right now pale in to insignificance compared to how you and Christine’s loved ones must feel.  Please accept my deepest heartfelt sympathy and condolences. Christine was an incredible woman and even though we never met face to face, through our emails, phone calls and online chats I grew to love her too.

Only a few days ago, she replied to an email of mine; she quickly caught me up with where she was at health wise, but spent the main part talking about others; asking how I was and what I was up to, how much she enjoyed chatting online with Hal and Tim and how extraordinary Jonathan is. That was the essence of Christine, always thinking of others.

Christine, my friend, I thank my lucky stars that you came into my life; it was a sheer pleasure and honour to befriend you but a tragedy that we never got to meet in person and hug. I will always carry with me the memory of our first online chat together – when you walked me through your home on your web-cam and introduced me to Chris and the pups.

I regret we didn’t get to chat one last time but I hope you knew that ever since we became friends, you were never far from my daily thoughts. You were a remarkable lady. Your amazing spirit, courage and capacity to give and love absolutely astounded me, and will forever be an inspiration to me. If angels do indeed exist you were and will continue to be a shining example of one of the finest.

Christine, sweet lady, my world is shaken on this sad day.
You will be deeply missed, as you were deeply loved. I will never forget you, my friend.   

Debra xxx
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2007, 08:37:47 am »
My sincere condolences to you Chris.  It is yet another reminder of the fragility of life.  The two of you were lucky to be in each other's lives. 

She will be missed.

John

Offline camille07

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2007, 08:38:15 am »
Chris-  Christine was very blessed to have you as a partner in this life.  I am truly sorry for your loss.   

Though, she was keeping us updated on her health, I still could not help feel grief and sorrow.   We exchanged a few emails regarding our pets and memories of LB, NJ.

Thank you for telling us, too, that she was surrounded by the ones she loved, including the furry ones.  It means  alot.

Best Regards,

Love Cammie

Offline tnboy

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2007, 08:42:51 am »
Chris,

I am very saddened to hear of this news and wish you and your family much comfort in these difficult days ahead.

I only knew Christine from reading her post and words cannot express what an inspiration she has been to me. Her amazing strength and genuine compassion for others is something most of us can only hope for and envy.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2007, 08:52:41 am »
Chris,

As others have so eloquently stated, to know Christine through these boards was to know of a person with exceptional compassion, charm and beauty.  I have never come across anyone in my life who was such a gentle and caring a person, and who faced death with such humanity and grace.

Her loss is felt deeply by many of us.

You, yourself, are an inspiration to many here as well, as Christine often spoke of the support, love and joy she shared with you - not just at the end, but always.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Offline dad1216

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2007, 09:04:11 am »
Chris and family,

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

She will remain in the hearts of many.

23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

CD4=83  VL=47,000  (May 2011)
CD4=63  VL=78,470  (Oct 2010)
Prezista..Norvir..Truvada

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2007, 09:11:50 am »
Dear Chris,

There are no words...

But please know that Christine will be sadly missed by people all around the world. She touched so many with her strength, courage and dignity. The world is a better place for her having been here.

Thank you for letting us know, Chris. You are in my thoughts.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2007, 09:16:44 am »
My condolences to you, Chris.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline carousel

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2007, 09:18:08 am »
Chris

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Christine.  Condolences to you, your family and friends.

best wishes
Charles

Offline Florida69

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2007, 09:32:10 am »
As I read through this post, and Christine's last post, I am reminded of common bond that we all share.  Although I am not that active in these boards I do read many people's post for inspiration.  She was just that, an inspiration.  She will be missed by all.  My thoughts are with you and your family in this most difficult time.  Chris thank you so much for sharing her last days with us, she will remain in our hearts. 

I wrote this for a dear friend of mine, I am positive she would not mind if I shared it with you.... 

In the shadows is where I roam, full of love and content. 
For you gave me strength in my time of trouble. 
You lifted my spirit when it had sunken very low. 

In the love that you have shown thank you for the extent.
My affection for you is no longer in the bubble.
It surrounds and engulfs you as you grow.

Part of you will always belong to me.
Part of me will always belong to you.
Apart we will never be.

As you wonder by the life's sea.
Believe in yourself and stay true.
The lock is shattered although now you have the key.

D.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Trish

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2007, 09:39:51 am »
Dear Chris,

My heart goes out to you and your family.  Christine was an amazingly warm and courageous woman.  Although I haven't been active on these forums, I do read them from time to time and I have learned very much from Christine.  She was truly an inspiration.  Her lively spirit will forever shine within my heart, which I'm sure is the case for everyone she touched.

Rest in peace sweet Christine.  You will be missed tremendously by many.

Love,
Trish
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline bear60

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:14 am »
Chris
Thank you so much for posting that announcement for Christine.  I know that you will find a lot of support here. My condolences to you and yours.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline DanKenny

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2007, 09:53:02 am »
Hi Chris,

I am sorry for you loss...i don't know Christine personally, but here posts are always inspiring to many of us especially at the beginning our our journeys.  Your post is really touchy and indicates how close you feel to her and how much you both mean to each other.  Thanks for being with her and standing by her through all these last moments...She will be surely missed...

rgds, DK
My Progress:

09/07:   771   ~    <50     ~   29%
03/07:   493   ~    227      ~   22%
02/07:   Began Meds ~~ ATRIPLA
01/07:   315   ~   45, 000  ~   18%
10/06:   350   ~   32, 430  ~   22%
04/06:   440   ~   23, 997  ~   24%
07/05:   621   ~   36,000   ~   24%
01/05:   842   ~   2306      ~   28%
07/04:   615   ~   3370      ~   27%
04/04:   674   ~   739        ~   26%
11/03:   439   ~   2800      ~   22%
Infected probably around 1997 / Diagnosed 2002

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2007, 10:11:21 am »
 :'(

Chris, my heart and thoughts are with you today. Give those puppies a great big hug for me...and have one on me too!

I loved her...I will miss her too!

I can't post anymore today...  :'( :'(
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2007, 10:12:02 am »
Chris

My condolences to you and everyone of Christine's
 family and friends.

RAB

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2007, 10:14:36 am »
Chris thank you for posting this sad news about Christine. Words are hard to find. I'm so moved that the hospital allowed you to bring in the dogs so she could say goodbye. The only relief here is that her pain is gone. You and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Jeff

Offline Blixer

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2007, 10:17:18 am »
Chris,

I'm so sorry to hear this. She was one of those people that always seemed to be thinking of others.  As has been said, she will be missed.  You and your family will be in my thoughts.  Thanks for keeping us posted.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2007, 10:33:55 am »
Chris

My condolances as well. 

Christine - be at peace now without any pain or suffering. 

Pete

Offline JPinLA

• Cheers!
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2007, 11:08:37 am »
Chris - i am so sorry to hear of Christine's passing and I send my condolences and love to you and your family.

JP
11/06 - Diagnosed - VL/5784 & CD4 326
2/07 - VL/6000 & CD4 290 2/07
3//07 -Began Truvada/Viramune 
4/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 320 22%
7/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 286 22%
11/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 302 26%

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2007, 11:12:29 am »
Dear Chris,

The love you felt for Christine permeated every word you wrote and comes across so clearly. It's very, very moving to read.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your loved ones.

I'm glad you have those dogs you loved together. May you all comfort each other.

As you can see we're very sad here today.

Hugs to you dear friend. And blessings on Christine.

Andy Velez

Offline trellium

• stArk raving Borg
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:30 am »
Chris,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.  Christine will be sadly missed.

S.

Dan J.

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2007, 11:20:17 am »
Chris,

My deepest sympathies to you and your family during this difficult time.

Dan Jones

Your Long Journey
God’s given us years of happiness here
Now we must part
And as the angels come and call for you
The pains of grief tug at my heart

Oh my darling
My darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey

Oh the days will be empty
The nights so long without you my love
And when god calls for you I’m left alone
But we will meet in heaven above

Oh my darling
My darling

Fond memories i’ll keep of happy ways
That on earth we trod
And when i come we will walk hand in hand
As one in heaven in the family of god

Oh my darling
My darling

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:28:36 pm by Dan J. »

Offline David_CA

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2007, 11:39:07 am »
Chris,

There's nothing I can add that others haven't already said.  I've always found Christine to be a kind person with no harsh or negative words towards anybody.  I always told her that she was a great reality check for many of us.  What you both went through is what many fear... at least I do.  She was, and still is, an inspiration and will be missed by all.  Please accept our condolences and know you're both in our thoughts and hearts.

David
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:22:03 pm by David_NC »
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
…you will be spoken of as those in the sky, like the stars

My heart hurts today, for the loss of a beautiful, shiny person - and for you, Chris, & everyone who knew and loved her.

Kate

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2007, 12:44:26 pm »
As much as you and she are loved here, I am sure she is loved a thousand fold more where she has gone. I don't have adequate words.
I will hold you, and your family in my heart today, and every day.
I wish you comfort.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2007, 03:39:16 pm »
Chris,

My condolences to yourself and your family.  Christine will be sadly missed around here and she will never be forgotten.

C
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2007, 04:20:30 pm »
Dear Chris,

Please accept my most heartfelt sympathy as you grieve for Christine.

She touched my life in so many ways last year with her kind and loving spirit, positive woman to positive woman, I will never forget her.

Her loss strengthens my resolve to live life to the fullest extent possible, and to hold on tightly to those I love.

God Bless,

Loreen Willenberg

(aka Zephyr)
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2007, 05:47:03 pm »
Dearest Chris and Chistine,

It may seem as if you are now separated from each other and the ones that you have given so much suppot, so much love and so much hope by telling your story.

I want you to know that 5000 miles away I have been thinking about both of you all day.
It hurts my human heart to know Christine has moved on. but spiritually I know she has now left behind her body that caused her to suffer; That same body will be missed by many to hug. But Christine's spirit is stronger present here then ever.
She will never be forgotten.
Chris do know that every year at the amg there will be a joint remembeance of Chistine and a candle will be lit every time in honour of her and of you.

It may only be a very small consolation, but that symbol will make us immortal as long as AM members will gather around the globe.

In mourning and in support of you  and your wonderful, couregaous wife Chistine.

Herman from Belgium
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2007, 06:39:37 pm »
Chris, I am so very sorry about your loss.  I am so glad Christine had you and her pets to be with her in her final hours.  She must have taken great comfort in that.  She was an amazing, beautifully souled woman.  Please accept my condolenses. :-*
Peace-
Betty Tacy
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2007, 07:47:49 pm »
Chris , Thanks for letting everyone know of Christine's passing.....May God Bless You & your family...I also want to Thank Matty, for coming to my site, and other's, to let us know a fellow member of the AIDS club, has fallen, know that she is as you saw her take her last breathe now at peace, smiling over you..

Chris I came here to share something that will be recited at my funeral, when it's my personal turn to go, something like me, Christine would be saying to you all if she could right now:

If Tomorrow Starts Without Me

If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me;

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,
We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too;

But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand,

And said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
The thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
And maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
Would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through Heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,

He said, "This is eternity,
And all I've promised you."
Today your life on earth is past,
But here life starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
And since each day's the same way
There's no longing for the past.

You have been so faithful,
So trusting and so true.
Though there were times you did
Some things you knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven
And now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand
And share my life with me?

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.

Sincerely,
Cochise Cooper
May God Bless each of you, in your personal plights of HIV/AIDS.
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2007, 07:49:34 pm »
Chris, thank you for letting us know.

Christine will be missed tremendously.  I loved her, and kept her in my daily prayers.   She was very brave, and had a huge heart.

My prayers are with you and her entire family at this time, may she rest in peace.

Love,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Morton Salt

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:05 pm »
Im sorry to here about Christines passing. My condolenses to you and the rest of Christines friends and family.
~Morton Salt
"im king of the salts"

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:39 pm »
I want to add my voice to the chorus. Christine will be missed though I am happy that she will suffer no more.  :'(

May your days be filled with nothing but the most wonderful memories of her Chris.
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline franfrog

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2007, 09:42:50 pm »
Chris

My deepest condolences to you and your family.  That was a wonderful thing for the hospital to do about your dogs.  I am glad to see she is at peace.
Fran
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Christine

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2007, 11:25:55 pm »
I want to thank you all for your kind words and support. I am amazed at how many people she has touched and helped, but not surprised. She always put others before herself. I have struggled over the years to figure out why, if there is a higher power, they would put someone through so much pain and suffering. Christine never deserved any of this. But after reading her posts and seeing how many people she has helped, I have to believe that this was her calling and she needed to carry this burden so she could understand and reach out to others. I don't know, but that is what I'm going with to help me make sense of this.

Anyway, the service is being held at 2:00pm on Monday at Saint Joan of Arc church in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Instead of flowers, we would like donations to be made in her name to Molly's Place Pet Rescue (it is where we adopted our latest pup, Scooter). We think she would really have preferred that. Even small amounts make a difference. Here is the web link on how to do that.

http://www.mollysplace.org/donate.htm

I know that Cindy started a thread for this and you can continue to send contributions to her also. It will all get to the right place and hopefully make a difference for these animals she cared so much for.

Lastly, here is a picture of us from our trip to Disney which is where she always wanted to go. I'm so happy I was able to make that dream come true for her. This was her favorite picture.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 11:27:47 pm by Christine »
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Basquo

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2007, 11:55:08 pm »
What a sweet picture!  I'm in tears again...thank you, THANK YOU Chris for having the strength to share all this with us.

I don't even know you, but I'm signing this:

Love,
Creighton

Offline LACboi

• AMG member since June 2005
    • FaceBook
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2007, 01:59:11 am »
Hey Chris,  my condolences to you and your families.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2007, 02:24:48 am »
Dearest Chris

I'm away from home right now, but Matty text me and gave me the sad news of Christines passing, so it's with a heavy heart and tear filled eyes that I offer my condolences to you and your family and to let you know that there is a candle burning bright in Christchurch Catherderal today in NZ, for Christine and for you, for Christine so that she will find her way to everlasting peace and to you so that you will find your way back and gather the strength you will need to carry on...my heart is with you today.

Christine...James is waiting for you, go to him and look after each other, he already knows how much you are loved and how much you will be missed.

God bless you all
In love and sadness
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2007, 03:07:55 am »
Although we walked the same path, I have never heard the sound of your voice but, I do know you are loved.  A very dear friend once gave me a word, she said MIZPAH.  When asked what it means, she simply said, May My Love Go with You where ever your journey may take you.  Peace be with You
Michael

Offline joemutt

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2007, 03:40:28 am »
Chris,
My deepest sympathy with your loss.

Offline tinydaniell

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2007, 04:38:56 am »
Chris and Family and 4 Legged Creatures,

I am sorry to hear that Christine has passed her words of wisdom and laughter will be missed. Best wishes to you.

Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.