Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:10:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Menstrual blood...  (Read 15530 times)

Offline igipop

Menstrual blood...
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:24:54 pm »
Hello to everyone!I m from Belgrade,Serbia...
I am new member here,and  first I wanna thanks all of you who helping...in every sense of that word.
I hope you don't mind about my awful English. :)

5 days ago I was with unknown girl and she doesn't use condoms at all,and because of that- for me she is frisk person for Hiv and other STD.
She is sexually active for over 8 years,and that night I used a condom and our sex lasted for about 3-4 Min's.
During our sex activity,I checked up condom device,but... one or two minutes before finish I noticed that (when put out penis to came) condom broke between head of penis and pillar-(body) of the penis.According to my knowledge I was unprotected for about 1-2 min,but probably less than that.She assured me that she s clean,but I dint believe nobody,and I asked her to do an HIV test.
She did that and it came back negative 2 day after my accident,and I saw it personally  (referent value 0.37...some kind like that).But I think she had partners before our sex...Nobody can be sure!
What is my odds in this event?Am not concerned a lot,but it is on my mind sometimes...
THANK YOU...AND WAITING FOR RESPONSE!!

Offline igipop

Re: Condom failed...Need some help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:30:49 pm »
 Some mistakes while spelling this...:))
-checked up condom TWICE!
-HIGH -RISK PERSON...etc

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:39:39 pm »
IG, for future reference you need to know that getting someone else to get tested is never the way to know anything reliably about your own HIV status. When there has been a risk it's only the result of your own HIV test that you should rely upon.

Now, as to this specific recent incident, there was some risk but it was very low. HIV is not easy to transmit and it is significantly harder to accomplish from female to male. Given what you have described the risk seems especially low because the head of your penis may have remained covered even though the condom broke.

Just as a precaution I would suggest that you get tested at 13 weeks. A negative at that point is reliable and conclusive. From what you have written I do expect you will test negative.

Continue using condoms without exception no matter whom you are with and no matter what you think you may know about their history. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV.

Good luck with your test.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:26:40 pm »
Andy,Thank you very much for your response...
I really didnt putting anyone to do test.I suggest that because I know her for about 15 days and she told me about her sex history and that she never got tested(and never used condoms)...
I m aware that testing myself is the right thing to do,but I tried to get some piece of mind on this place...and I got it now!
She is a good girl,and think she understand now how her risk of getting something was.

For notice-I m pretty sure that I was exposed to her fluids...for not more than 1 min!

As I realised from your response,I can be very confident that my test could be negative?
Honestly,it is easier for me now to think about Hiv after her negative results.
What do you think about hiv rapid tests?Are they reliable?I have fobia from a needle stick...and blood.
Can they be conclusive after 3 month exposure?
Thank a lot again...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:54:01 pm »
Yes, the Rapid test is a reliable test. But no matter which test you use it has to be at 13 weeks past the most recent risk in order to get a reiable result.

The odds are very much in your favor that you are going to test negative.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:10:12 am »
Thanks you Andy!
And what do you think about MedHelp site and doctor H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.?
All the best!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:29:07 am »
I'm not interested in commenting on other sites and doctors.

Here on this site we evaluate the level of HIV risk in a situation as presented to us and respond accordingly.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 04:35:31 pm »
Andy,I m sorry for asking that.I just wanted to hear your opinion about other experts...
Every day I m having anxiety attack,and I m preparing myself for the worst.Dont know why.Is it normal,although my risk was very low(as you said)??
I m now thinking about people who was infested with Hiv,espacially on ANN,I do really think that only strong characters and souls can fight with this problem.You alreadu told me that my chances es are great,but...
I read- Ann wrote that her boyfriend didnt infected himsefl despite of many unprotected intercourse with her...
Is this unique example,or there are much more cases which proves that Hiv is really hard to transmit?
(except if someone have receptive anal sex vwith HIV+ person??)
Do you think that lenght of exposure affect ojn this transmision and that most infected people became so after multiple exposures with infected person...?Does this make any sense?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:10 pm »
Although I appreciate and understand your concern, there is no getting around that you have a waiting period until you test. So all of this guessing and what if and searching for reasurance isn't going to change that.

What you really need to do is to get productively busy now with other things in your life. Don't bother saying you are too worried to do that. I can tell you that kind of answer won't fly here. Getting busy with other things is possible and it will make the waiting time go much more easily.

Ultimately I still expect you to come out of this ok.

Now, get busy.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 12:29:34 pm »
Thank you Andy.I completly agree with you...
I will do that...Its much more easier these days.

And I forgot to tell you,that night , girl was giving me oral sex,
(although I now that s carry only theoretical risk,almost nonexistent)but,she wasnt good and smooth in that work,and it was
a very little bit roughly oral sex,and if she little scratch  my penis  with her teeth,does this increase STD risk if I would be engaged in brief unprotected vaginal sex?
Greetings...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »
No. I still expect you to test negative. Now, get busy with other things and stop creating more drama about this incident than is necessary. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

Menstrual blood...
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 10:34:15 am »
Hello everyone...Great thing what you doing here!!!
Hope you dont mind for my poor english.I have some question about Hiv to ask,so think this is a right adress.
First off all,Honestly ANN and all you Poz people,I wish you healty and long life...
Second,about my specific question-
1.Had vaginal sex with unknown girl (with condom),and it was 2 min,but shorter, and while I take my penis out to achieve orgasm,I grabbed the top of penis-condom and somehow I polluted penis with menstrual blood,but that blod came from my fingers from condom while I was taking him off...I m pretty shure that condom didnt break.What worries me is the presence of blood...Dont know what to think,really.
Thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Menstrual blood...
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 10:43:10 am »
Igi,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

What you describe is not a risk. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that, sexually speaking, is primarily transmitted INSIDE the body during unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv is outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. Hiv is not transmitted from objects in the environment, and that includes transferring a bit of blood from a condom, to your hand, to your penis.

You did not have a risk and you do not need to test over this specific incident. Did you ever test following your condom break a few months ago?

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline igipop

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 05:41:02 pm »
Hi Ann,
So glad to hear-see your comments.Thanks for answer...Ok,I ll try to do it right next time,promise ;)Thought that someone can ask only one question.
About that earlier topic with Andy,I  had my risky exposure exactly on 27 september,that means  I ll have to wait
until 27 december (think 13 weeks) to test myself to be sure...But problem is that I m so afraid of needle and large amount of blood,(believe me,it is a real FOBIA) and I m planing to go to another country to by Hiv rapid test...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 05:47:35 pm »
You're making a big drama about this and all for no reason. As Ann has already told you but you don't seem to be listening or believing her, you did not have a risk. So you really don't even need to get tested. And if you do test, a negative result is a foregone conclusion.

If you do test it is strictly for your peace of mind because you did not have a genuine risk. 
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 06:44:39 pm »
Hello Andy!Nice to see you again,
You did not understand me well...These dates which I presented are from exposure from mine and your topic (not connected with menstrual blood exposure -topic with Ann)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 06:51:19 pm »
OK. Got it. The risk during the broken condom incident was very low. You were protected until it broke.

You'll be able to test next month and I do expect you to test negative.

Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 06:57:35 pm »
 I believe,hope so...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 07:42:32 pm »
Meantime get busy with other things and you will find the waiting time will pass much more easily than you may imagine is possible. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 09:08:38 am »
Hello Andy and Ann,HAPPY NEW YEAR!All the best!

I just wanted to inform you that I have not tested in relation to my incident with broken kondom.
Particulary because in my country do just extracting blood tests  (needle,blood - terrified,real fobia) and
because the girl with whom I was -  she tested again, exactly 12 weeks after our condom incident...it came back negative.
I know that is not the best way to get someone to do HIV test,but...Can I be sure that she does not have HIV?
I'm sorry for being hard...
Best regards to you ...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 09:14:10 am »
It's reassuring that your woman friend has tested negative. However, as you've already been told, someone else's test result is not the equivalent of having your own negative result.

That needle phobia excuse for not getting tested is not going to fly here. Your HIV status is never something to guess about. I do expect you will almost certainly test negative but I urge you to get your own test so all doubts are removed.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:17:50 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 10:24:54 am »
Ok Andy,you re right...
I will test myself nex monday in hospital ,because they finaly got a Hiv rapid tests,and I m very glad to hear that!
With no big needles,only small needle prick with a drop of blood.Believe I can handle it!
What  bother me most is that case with menstrual blood (not broken condom,honestly),and lots of unprotected oral sex
with couple of girls...But always vaginal and anal with protection.
And those questions>what if some of that condoms broke and I didnt notice that!?!!!
I read (my big mistake) in "Testet poz" forum that some of dudes claims that they has been infected only through oral!??
It fuels me with anxiety,you know...
Thank you,anyway

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 10:44:47 am »
Blah, blah, blah. The useless head chatter continues.

Good that you can do the simpler test which is less daunting than the other form. Get tested and collect what I expect will be negative result.

And meantime focus on other things in your life.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 11:47:25 am »
Hm...you are really cruel to me. ::)

I m praying for good news...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 09:37:36 pm »
And good news is what I expect you will get.
Andy Velez

Offline igipop

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 05:51:14 pm »
Andy,
Today I finally got tested with HIV rapid test ...
Can you imagine that the test I took was not working properly!!
This test has a small hole where you put a drop of blood and it shows 2 lines - with 1 line  -its negative and with both lines-pozz(you probably know that),But,it also has to point one blue  color which is presenting test that rapid test is working.It was never appeard.
However,as they told me ,that test was invalid,- nothing showed-any lines.
I was under too much stress to repeat process and I decided to give up for  today and I will come back on next Monday because only on that day testing is performed by Center Public Health and Desease control ...
There must be a bad sign:(

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 09:22:03 pm »
Igi,

An invalid test doesn't mean you're going to test positive. It just means something went wrong during the testing procedure. It's not a reflection on your HIV status.

You had a very low risk and we still expect that you will test negative.

Have the clinic do a blood test drawn under clinical conditions.

MtD

Offline igipop

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 09:28:09 am »
Thanks Matty...I hope so,I believe...
I do not speak Eng.very well,so what does it mean your:
"Have the clinic do a blood test drawn under clinical conditions."?
Greetings

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 10:10:30 am »
igi,

He means have a blood test if you don't trust the rapid tests. However, there is no reason to not trust the rapid tests. They are just as good as the blood tests. There are controls in place to make sure it's working - that's how they knew the one used on you yesterday was faulty. It's just like anything else in life, sometimes you get a one-off faulty product. You should have simply had another test done yesterday so you could collect your negative result and move on with your life.

You're getting closer and closer to being given a time out. PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline igipop

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 10:28:02 am »
Ann,

Ok,I got it.
I should have done another test.But I  couldnt,because weakness from blood...
But there is no reason for warning me.
I m aware that I m maybe hard and boring like everyone else here.,and I consider this place as a resort from anxiety until I do that test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 10:39:27 am »
Igi,

That is what you don't seem to understand. The purpose of this forum is not to hold your hand every time you get anxious. The purpose of this forum is to give testing and transmission advice. We've given you that time and time again. We do not expect you to test positive. We fully expect you to test negative. You have had plenty of time to get tested - go do it and get it over with.

If you post again for anything other than to tell us your results, you will be given a time out. No kidding.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline igipop

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:59:04 am »
Hey people...
I just want to let you know that I did HIV test today in private clinic and they called
me just right now and tol me - test is NEGATIVE!!!!!
They said that this test is the most sensitive and one of the latest generation!
Uh...
I will take my results tonight ,to see it with my own eyes!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 09:01:34 am »
If I may be so bold, can I say "We Told You So"?

I hope you are able to move on with your life now Igi.

MtD

Offline igipop

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 04:55:25 pm »
Yes Matty,you may... ;)
I have learned here the crucial things about Hiv.
Thank you mtD,thank you all.
Ann,I wish you long and healty life.
Andy,thanks,your words were courageous to me,it means a lot,really.
So,goodbye...and on Serbian:Sjajni ste,Hvala vam !!

Offline igipop

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 08:48:44 am »
One more question:I got tested with Anti - HIVp24/Ab1/2/0  test,after 4 months of the exposure.
Can I be sure in my negative status ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 09:06:32 am »
You're HIV negative.

Stop with the drama and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.