Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 418
Total: 421

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: aggresive oral  (Read 33910 times)

30 minutes

aggresive oral
« on: September 20, 2006, 02:22:24 pm »
hi about 6 days ago i had vaginal oral sex with a street worker i went do on her for 30 minutes.I am worried because the next day i tears under my tongue along with raw spots! i have been tested for other non risk ex poser fingering
and i would rather not go though it again.Need your input thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: aggresive oral
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:28:47 pm »

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection, so you don't need to test.

Although you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

30 minutes

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
Its nice to meet people in the know rather than peole who guess

30 minutes

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:08:42 am »
I just notice a canker sore forming on my gums!I did'nt metion i also had unprotected blowjob with cumming  I know you said test wasn"t needed but ihave wife two small kids at home.   

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:41:31 am »
Your wife and 2 kids won't change the assessment. You did not have a risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 06:53:10 am »

Getting a blowjob is also not a risk for hiv infection. Cancre sores don't mean a thing when it comes to hiv. This is not an hiv situation.

It sounds like you're suffering from the guilts - and the associated stress can make all sorts of things happen to your body, including chancre sores. If it continues to worry you, see your doctor.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

30 minutes

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 09:36:55 am »
Thank you for piece of mind you've given me.I went though hell testing last time and even told my wife i know it will be over if told her this time.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 10:55:02 am »
As you have been told you were not at risk for HIV in this incident. So there's no need for testing. 

Guilt is a whole other matter and you need to work on dumping that overboard right now. You can't undo this bit of your personal history. You're just another dog like the rest of us. The most loving thing you can do for all concerned is to get on with your life.

And avoid situations in the future which are going to make you feel like s**t afterwards.

No kidding.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

30 minutes

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 11:37:13 am »
I have diarrhoea since that night also i was drinking  before i went down on her would that make a difference.Also am pretty the cuts under my tongue were bloody!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 01:00:25 pm »

You didn't have a risk.

Many things can cause diarrhea, including stress. Go see your doctor if you're worried about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Stang5_0

• Stang's Garage
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 01:27:44 pm »
i tears under my tongue along with raw spots! i have been tested for other non risk ex poser fingering
and i would rather not go though it again.Need your input thank you

That comes from stretching the tongue in ways it is not accustomed to.  It should go away.
Been there, done that.
Stang5_0

30 minutes

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 03:45:49 pm »
its been a week they are just starting to heal I may give it a few more days.

30 minutes

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 08:06:27 pm »
My wife is coming home soon i am worried about have unprotected sex with her.I tested negative in august after the fingering incident man i can't go on living like this i talked to the sex worker i gave oral to she is a crack addict.So now my mind is racing with what i may have.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 09:46:54 pm »
Fortunately feelings aren't facts.

You were not at risk for HIV in relation to the activities in the incident you are concerned about. There's never been a case of transmission via a blowjob in the entire history of the epidemic, and rotten dog that you are, you still aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

What this is all about is a mountain of guilt. If you can't let go of it then go see a therapist or other such professional and talk it all out in that setting.

This is (happily) not an HIV situation and all your obsessing about symptoms is not going to change that no matter what other scary stuff your mind comes up with.

Do yourself and your wife a big favor and get on with your life. This is all about drama, not HIV.

Andy Velez

30 minutes

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 04:04:36 pm »
I will go talk some one i think i need to avoid people who live the drug life style including friends.Some of those idiots have intercourse without condoms! They have the attitude if a person doesn't look sick its OK.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 04:14:45 pm »
You don't have to avoid anyone just make sure all sex is protected until both you and your partner are tested together.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 04:59:07 pm »
30, I just want to mention again that I don't see any need for testing since unless I am mis-reading here, you did not have unprotected intercourse. You are not at risk for HIV from the oral sex.

As for what your friends or people you know do sexually, that's irrelevant as far as you are concerned and none of your business. I recommend you work on keeping your own stall clean.

Andy Velez

30 minutes

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 06:28:06 pm »
You are right i didn't have unprotected intercourse only oral both ways thanks for your concern.

30 minutes

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 10:46:03 pm »
I am trying not go off the deep end but i noticed white spots on inside of my cheek and when rubbed them they bleed!I was doing better til i saw that.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 11:38:13 pm »
See your doctor, you did not have a risk.

30 minutes

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 09:26:27 am »
Thanks i will my wifes been out of town and comeing back then i should be to busy to  keep thinking about problems that don't exist.The fact that i have been drinking every day for a week doesn't help either.Thanks Rod,Ann,Andy for your help!

30 minutes

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 02:19:50 pm »
I read on this site that Ann engages in unprotected cunnilingus with her negative partner and he OK?Is that true.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 03:13:32 pm »

Yes, it's true and we've been together for seven years. It's not only us either. There have been three long-term studies of couple just like us who used condoms for intercourse but no barrier for any oral activities. Not one of the negative partners became infected. NOT ONE. These studies were of hundreds of couples over as many as ten years, which translates as thousands of years of protected intercourse and unprotected oral encounters. Not one negative partner ended up positive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

30 minutes

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 09:29:34 pm »
How long should i wait to get tested of other stds eg syphilis

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 09:37:14 pm »
Syphilis has the same window as HIV 13 weeks.

30 minutes

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:53 pm »
I didn't notice any sores on her pussy you think i should worry about it!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 10:56:47 pm »
Just because she didn't have sores on her vagina doesn't mean anything. If you think you need to test then do. I myself wouldn't test until I do my annual tests.

30 minutes

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 09:20:00 am »
so wait 13 weeks then i have red spot on gums may be its just a burn.

Offline SunshineBreeze

• Caribbean HIV/AIDS awareness portal
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 10:05:26 am »
The already low risk of becoming infected with HIV from oral sex can be reduced still further by using latex condoms. For cunnilingus or anilingus, plastic food wrap, a condom cut open, or a dental dam can serve as a physical barrier to prevent transmission of HIV and many other STDs.

A number of studies have demonstrated that oral sex can result in the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Please practice safe sex!
TOO BLESSED TO STRESSED!!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 10:15:40 am »
Sunshine,

There are also studies that show hiv transmission through oral sex to be very rare and in most cases, unlikely. Most of the studies that have shown hiv transmission via oral have gone by patient report, which is highly unreliable. Aside from a few cases of transmission via GIVING a blowjob (ie the giver has become infected) not one of these patient report oral transmissions have been proven.

The use of barriers for oral is a good idea if you are worried about other sexually transmitted infections, but overkill where hiv is concerned.

Ann

PS - Sunshine, if you'd like to discuss the oral issue further, please start your own thread on the subject so as to not hijack 30's thread. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 11:54:10 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 11:03:14 am »
And along with starting your own thread, Sunshine, please cite specific info or links for such studies.

The evidence against transmission via oral is much weightier and it concerns me that you can unnecessarily stir fears in this section without properly documenting what you're putting out.

Andy Velez

30 minutes

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 11:12:28 am »
I don't need sunshines advice i will be staying true to wife from now on!

Offline SunshineBreeze

• Caribbean HIV/AIDS awareness portal
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 12:34:43 pm »
Ann & Andy,

I am not here to offend anyone and didn't mean to kijack any post and if i did that I am sorry.

As for making a thread on this issue i won't be doing that. Also, as for stiring unnecessarily fears it was not meant to be.

Again I am sorry.
TOO BLESSED TO STRESSED!!!!!

30 minutes

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 12:54:21 pm »
my wife thinks i am acting stressed like the last time i was worried about hiv see is wondering why i am avoiding sex.I hope i can keep it together.

30 minutes

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 10:49:31 am »
The red sore in my  mouth seems to be fading but it does look like some of syphilis cankers in see on the net how long do they last 4 days?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 11:16:52 am »
30 minutes, this is an HIV site. Go to your doctor for all your other inquiries.

30 minutes

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 11:24:01 am »
I am going to std clinic next week thanks .

30 minutes

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 02:06:49 pm »
I went to std clinic today may be syphilis took sample and gave me drugs told me to come back 3 months for hiv.Just for your information thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2006, 02:15:53 pm »
Did you say that you were worried about contracting oral syphilis and that you didn't have vaginal sex?

30 minutes

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 02:34:30 pm »
Yes i also asked if they knew of any cases oral vaginal causing hiv and she said no but people don't allways tell the Truth about their sex lives.

30 minutes

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2006, 08:00:39 pm »
test came negative for syphilis waiting for other results daughter has fever kind of freaking me out!Spouse to not sex for weeks case of meds have to keep busy so doesn't see problems.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 08:42:28 pm »

What does your daughter's fever have to do with the price of beans? You seem to have a lot of screwy ideas about how hiv is transmitted because if you're thinking what I think your thinking, you're afraid you've given your daughter hiv. Unless you've been having unprotected intercourse with her, that thinking is totally unfounded. I've raised a child while I've been hiv positive and she's negative. Why wouldn't she be? Hiv is NOT spread through casual, household, everyday contact.

You're sliding down a slippery slope mate, it's time to put the breaks on.

Ann
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 08:44:52 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

30 minutes

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2006, 01:49:26 pm »
I notice that you have been telling others that the fluid to concerned about for hiv is deep inside the vaginal walls,when i went down on this women i sticking my tongue as far in as i could for long time could i not contact these fluids?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2006, 02:24:39 pm »

Going down on a woman is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

30 minutes

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2006, 06:39:11 pm »
Sorry Ann i know i am obsessing over this when i get my test results for the other std's i am sure i will calm down.Hope you continue having good health and bless your for great advice.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2006, 07:09:02 pm »
30, your tongue would not have reached up into the woman's cervical area, which is where the body fluids might be of concern IF she was HIV+, (which of course you don't know to be so). So you are not going into the Guinness Book of Records with the world's longest tongue and you were not at risk for doing cunnilingus on her.

Hopefully your other STD tests will all come back negative and you will be willing to get on with your life. I can guarantee that you, your wife and your child will from time to time have colds, rashes and all the other bodily occurences we are heir to. And they have nothing to do with HIV. Period. No kidding.

Take several breaths and get on with your life, also no kidding.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

30 minutes

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2006, 02:52:32 pm »
Thanks Andy my test came back negative for gonorrhea&chlamydia i just have for go sex for one more week till i finished my syphilises drugs then i can let this go.

30 minutes

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2006, 12:30:31 pm »
How come the know aids campaign says that oral is a risk?I think the society's for people with hiv are trying to white wash the real dangers behind oral sex.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2006, 12:38:58 pm »

It's more like people with a religious/moral agenda want to stop you from having oral sex. Scientific studies have proven that oral sex is as low a risk as you can get for hiv. The studies have already been discussed here in your thread, go read it again. And make sure you read the Transmission Lesson.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

30 minutes

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2006, 12:52:43 pm »
Sorry Ann but in western Canada their seems to be hiv stigma commercials on every 10 minutes which is good but makes you think to worse.

30 minutes

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2006, 06:34:44 pm »
I don' t want to keep dragging this though the mud but i saw the woman i performed oral on and she had sores on her face which she said was because of drugs.I had headache and feel feverish it's been a month since contact.I think there may be a chance of hiv because i rubbed the under side of my tongue raw.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2006, 08:22:26 pm »
That is exactly what you are doing. You don't get HIV from giving a woman oral sex period. It doesn't matter if she has sores all over body. If you can't get over this anxiety have yourself tested 13 weeks past your exposure with her and collect your negative result.

30 minutes

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2006, 03:19:23 pm »
Rod you are right i should know better since i tested for fingering incident 6 months ago.I also tested 2 years ago when i used the same razor as a sex trade worker.My hiv fear is out of control i should probally seek mental help rather than testing thank again .

30 minutes

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2006, 12:58:07 pm »
What does a hiv rash look like i have pimple like bump under my arm that doesn't hurt its about 2 centimeters just wondering.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2006, 06:32:26 pm »

How many times do you have to be told you didn't have a risk? You're heading for a time out.

Take your bump to the doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Christopher

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2006, 10:49:23 pm »
I am new to blogginggg,,, If the same guy that started this with the tongue thing... He also needs prozac and if you are that afraid you need to keep you tongue in you mouth and use it at home. I have been hiv since 1985 not major problem but getting in a danger zone with my tests. I honestly have fooled around years ago.  and most of the very few was a three way with my partner. But please if your not telling everything, stop putting you wife at risk without her permission it is totally not right to her
If my partner brought someting home to me He might need a Dr.  Sorry for the English, typing and sorry ass opinion :-\
Chris

30 minutes

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2006, 10:47:02 am »
I agree it's not fair to my wife and if i wasn't married then i wouldn't worry about it.Then again i would be up to risky sex if i wasn't married so you are right by saying i should stay close to home.

30 minutes

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2006, 11:08:30 am »
I know this question will piss some you off but what does a hiv rash look like a sunburn?

30 minutes

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2006, 10:05:50 am »
I am going for my  12 week test next week i will post my result.

30 minutes

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 01:38:39 pm »
I just got my negative result 11 weeks 2 days!But the nurse at the cdc said to come back for 13 weeks for another test.

30 minutes

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2007, 02:49:48 pm »
i just got negative result for hiv ,syphilis,hep c i should be able to move on thanks for keeping me grounded!Have great life

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.