Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:32:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 485
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 472
Total: 472

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Speaking of Gardens.....  (Read 7159 times)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
Speaking of Gardens.....
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:34:09 pm »
To my 'blooming' Forums Family...

Having enjoyed Newt's recent photos of his 'RED GARDEN' (thank you so much, Newt) and in attempting to distract myself from my current 'pain in the a**, oops, teeth'...I thought I'd post a couple of pics from one of the gardens I was paid to create around 8 years ago, and am now doing some work in (earning spending money for Montreal).

Hope you enjoy this...it's my first time sharing some of my 'professional work' to these forums!

Thanks for viewing!

Love,

Zephie

[attachment deleted by admin]
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: Speaking of Gardens.....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 07:19:28 pm »
Now THESE are impressive

- matt (outclassed)  :D
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Nadine

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:38:17 am »
Hey Zeph....thoae pictures are beautiful, you really do some nice work. I also like to garden, thought I'd attach a few pictures.

Have a beautiful day...hope your feeling better!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:17:02 am »
All that greenery and tranquility is good for the soul, Zephyr. Whatta great way to earn your living.
Andy Velez

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:20:50 am »
Wow Guys...Such beauty and color.  I enjoy puttering around with my potted plants too.  Zephyr and Nadine...Our nature girls..........  You Go, Girls :-*

Thanx for the pics :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:25:07 am »
I am so jealous of your gardens....its seems all i can grow in my flower gardens are weeds and grass.

They are all beautiful gardens. Wish I had your green thumbs!

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 06:53:38 pm »
Zeph:

Your garden is gorgeous!

Beautiful! 

RAB

Offline fearless

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 09:28:59 pm »
Nice work Zeph.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 09:37:56 pm »
Nice pics Zephyr!  How are the trees for your friend coming.. I forget what you called them but basically the giant bonsai?  Googled it and came up with "Ueki no Te Ire".. is that right?  I'd love to see some pictures of those.

Member since March 2004

Offline fearless

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 09:44:36 pm »
and nice garden Matt.
here's some more red for your garden Matt taken from my garden at home. oh yeah, I threw in a white flower too.

Offline zephyr

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 11:56:00 pm »
OOOOOAAAAHHHHH!!!

Such wonderful sights today in this thread (and kind words as well!! ;D)

Newt, no way, outclassed, no how!! When your garden grows into itself, it's going to be marvelous!! (I just know these things, hee hee!)

Nadine...that Siberian Iris is GORGEOUS!! Caesar's Brother, right??? One of my 'standards' in ALL of my projects!! Oh, and those others...fantastic!
            I'm definitely feeling better with you sharing these pics!!

Andy! I have always believed that working with Mother Nature has assisted me in 'coping' with this virus...I have indeed been blessed with having
         made my living surrounded by beauty! Thank you!

David, hi! You are very welcome! Nothing like flowers to brighten up a day!!

Teresa, dear...my very first flowers came out of a packet (marigolds) when I was 8 or 9...they were so easy to grow, weren't fussy about where
                    they grew...I'll bet if you threw some seeds of your own out there amongst your weeds, a pleasant surprise would greet you!!

Rab...coming from you, Mr. Fabulous Gardens, you've made my day!! Thanks, honey!!

Fearless...why, thanks so much, sweetie! I do rather put my heart into it...and, I love your additions to our floral thread! Lovely!!

TedE...Thanks, my friend! Oh! You reminded me, I was going to post the before & after's of my 'bonsai's in the ground' (Nawake)..that was cool of
           you to Google that...wow! Here you go....

Offline fearless

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 12:05:51 am »
Zeph,

your 'bonsai in the ground' reminded me of this from the Palace Gardens in Bangkok.

Offline zephyr

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 08:17:57 pm »
Man, that is beautiful!!

I wonder if they are taking applications for employment? Ha!

This type of pruning is rather a dying art, really....back in 1984, I was taught this technique by my mentor/employer at an area nursery. I realized that I had an innate sense of how the plants were growing, where they needed cut to tell a story...and VOILA! all these many years later, I'm still being hired to listen to them speak!

Thank you so much for sharing this picture with me...I love it!!

Zephie

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 08:21:29 pm »
I am going to take a photo or two of the plants I am growing, as soon as I get the courage to open the Tupperware containers.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline fearless

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 09:28:10 pm »
Are you growing alphalpha sprouts Jonathon?  ;D

Zephyr,
You would have loved the Palace Gardens then. Lots of bonsai and topiary. I feel like I'm hijacking your thread but I could not attach the pic in a pm. Sorry.
Look at this shot.
Little Steve

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 06:41:37 am »
Here's a few pictures of my backyard:

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.