Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:50:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: a message from Mini - in her own words  (Read 66626 times)

Offline Dachshund

Re: a message from Mini - in her own words
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2008, 08:33:04 am »
Here you go Mini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jW3L1dyEfY

your friend,
Sam

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2008, 08:53:47 am »
Good morning Mini,

Well, Poppy says she wants a lot of tuna and kitty treats for her birthday.  But she really has enough right now to get her through. 

How was your dance class?  I think that would be so much fun, to learn different dances.  What dances are you doing right now?  Are you learning the mambo?  I don't really know any, well, except maybe the hustle, which is an old dance (ask your mom).  Have a good day Mini!  Poppy sends her usual kitty PURRRRRRRR.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2008, 12:05:54 pm »
Thank you Sam for the music.  When my mom shakes her booty, though, it was really funny. (hey, watch it, girlfriend!)  I'm gonna ask my dad how to send YOU music on the computer so you can dance and watch your dad shake his booty and laugh at him like I laugh at my mom when she shakes her's.

I don't know the names of our dances that we are learning.  We just started and my concert is, when did Mrs. Terri say mom?  (May 17th) Yeah, May 17th at night.  Mostly we do it three times, but this time we are only doing it one time.  My brother and my mom are dancing, too.  Mom is funny when she dances.  My dad doesn't know if he has to dance, yet, but maybe so.

Dad said we had good school today and I didn't fuss about it much so I get to go outside to play when we finish our lunch.  He even said it was OK if we get all muddy and nasty.  Mom just made a ugly face about that one.  I'm having a cheese and ketchup sandwich for lunch.  (laughing) Mom just made another gross face because she says that's just plain nasty.  She won't even make them for me, but dad will.

Ok, that's all I have to say.  I go see Dr. Muffin on Friday and I want to pick a prize out of the prize chest but mom says I can't because I got one last time.  I'll ask Dr. Muffin because Dr. Muffin will let me pick one if I want to.  Ut-Oh, mom's making another face. (laughing).  Bye everybody!

Mini
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2008, 08:40:52 am »
Mom found out what kind of dances I'm learning about.  Irish step dancing and Scottish something.  My brother is learning how to tap dance and irish step.  My mom is learning Irish step and the Scottish something like me,too.  Mom is going to make me and her a black skirt and I have other stuff I have to wear, too. 

Good morning and bye because I have to have school now so I can go outside and play later.

Mini
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2008, 09:45:59 am »
Hi Mini it's me Sam. I can tap dance just like your brother, which is hard to do when you have four feet paws. I hope you like this cartoon of me tap dancing and learning new words.

your friend,
Sam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaSzeDiul0

Offline minismom

« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2008, 10:12:38 am »
Thank you.  Where'd you get all the music from?  Someday I'm gonna have a song for you, but my daddy has to show me how to get music from the computer.  I am on a little break from my school work so I can't say much.  Talk to you later, Sam the weenie hotdog!

From your friend Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2008, 06:24:50 am »
It is very early in the morning and it is still very dark and very rainy.  I hear the rain but not the wind and the thunder.  I have to go see Dr. Muffin today so she can tell me about my brain.  My Nana is coming to babysit the kids.  My sister is awake and mom is not happy about that because she's going to be very cranky the whole rest of the day.  My Paw-Paw's birthday is tomorrow and we got him a card that has a dog with sun glasses on.  He has to go back to work in Texas to fly his helicopters and airplanes (no, hun, just hellicopters) Oh, I mean, just his helicopter and he has to leave on his birthday which is not fair.  I will miss him until he comes back home again. I'm going to bring my bears to show Dr. Muffin.
Bye. I'm very tired. Now my brother is awake and mom said it's going to be a lovely day.  I don't think she really means that, though.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2008, 09:45:02 am »
Hi Mini, I'm waiting anxiously to hear what your doctor had to say.  Don't forget to tell us, okay?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2008, 04:15:31 pm »
Today was a rainy day that I went to see Dr. Muffin.  She let me pick a prize even though I didn't have to have blood work.  I got face paint with stamps.  Then i to a Strawberry Shortcake.  I got some new medicine.  A different pill and a different other one that is liquid and I don't know if it will be good or not.  We are going to have a suprise tomorrow for all us kids but mom and dad won't tell us what it is.  My dad had to go see a client and mom said he better be home for dinner.  And really that's it.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2008, 06:58:59 pm »
Oh, I can't wait to hear what your surprise is!

Offline minismom

« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2008, 07:37:13 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!!  I think that you are gonna get doggy treats and doggy toys for your birthday.  Maybe your daddy will let you chew his socks since it is your birthday.  A cake made from cheese is very nasty.  Can you blow out the candles?  Are you having a party? Did you get the card I made for you?  We have to clean the downstairs today and then we are going to see the veggie tale movie in the great big movie theatre.  And we're gonna get popcorn.  Do you like to watch movies?  We watched "The Shaggy Dog".  You would like that one because it has a dog in it and a funny man who acts like a dog.
Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2008, 08:19:00 am »
Hi Mini it's me Sam and I am four years old today because it's my

BIRTHDAY !!!!!!

Thank you so much. My dad said no cards came in the mail yesterday for my birthday. My dad says maybe it's because I always jump up in my chair by the window and bark at the Postman. I can't wait for the mail today and if the mailman doesn't bring me my birthday card from you I might bite him on the butt. My dad says if I do that I'll be spending my birthday in the pound.

I have a very big day planned. My dad is taking me to the park to play with my friends Frankie, Lola, Rolo and Cooper. Frankie is my girlfriend. We run and run until we are so tired that I fall asleep in my dad's lap on the ride home. I can't wait.

After that my dad is going to take me to Petco. My dad says he doesn't like to go there cause it drove his friend's pet store out of business. I said I don't care cause they have neat stuff and I told him he can't be a commie forever, so get over it.

I hope dad picks up some soup bones for my birthday. I like to bury them in the couch. Where do you bury your birthday presents?

I hope you have a fun day today.

your best friend,
Sam

typo

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:48:09 am by Dachshund »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »
Hi Mini I found the very best song for you. Make sure you get your mom to play it very loud.

Oh I'm a gummy bear, I'm a gummy bear.....

your friend ,
Sam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z47EUaIFrdQ&feature=related

Offline minismom

« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2008, 03:29:21 pm »
Thank you for the song.  Mommy put it on the TV speakers and we listened to it about a million times!  Dad has company but mom played it anyway.  We didn't get to go to the movie because we were fighting with each other (mom edits: the kids were fighting with each other) and not listening.  But, we are going out to dinner at a new restaurant because mom says that was her part of the treat and she's been good.

www.watoto.com

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2008, 09:30:42 am »
Hi Mini it's me Sam. I wanted to tell you what I did this weekend for my birthday. Saturday I met my friend Frankie at the park. We ran around and around and when my dad wasn't looking I got to roll around on a dead squirrel. It's weird though every time I get to roll around on dead things I end up having to get a bath >:(. I don't know why, because to me I smell great. After that we went to the store where my dad buys my food. My dad says the same dumb thing every time we go. "Your food costs more than mine Sam, and you're driving me to the poor house!" I can't even drive.

Yesterday my dad wanted to watch football. He's a big Colts fan. I guess he was mad at the TV cause he kept yelling and screaming at it. All I know is he thinks the Colts suck. He said if it would keep me quiet I could play with my stuffed toy. Boy was that fun! I tore all the stuffing out of it plus two plastic thingies that made it squeak. My dad said he would regret letting me chew up my toy in the morning.

This morning I threw up. My dad said, "Sam I told you so."

Here's a before and after pic of me with my toy.

your friend,
Sam

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2008, 12:19:09 pm »
Today I had the best surprise ever!!! The postman delivered a birthday card to me from my best friend Mini. My dad took some pictures of the card for me. Thanks for remembering me Mini. I love you too!!

your best friend,
Sam

Offline minismom

« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2008, 03:39:25 pm »
I am glad that you had a good birthday.  Rolling around on dead squirrels is really nasty.  You probably needed a bath really bad!  You put my picture on the computer.  That is so cool!  I am going to dance class and it is snowing.  We can't play in the snow because it is too cold outside and mom said I can't breathe right if it is cold.  We are getting some new meds for me from Walmart.  One is yucky - actually I don't know what it taste like but I will know tomorrow - and the other one is another pill.  I have to go to dance now.  Bye

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2008, 05:02:40 pm »
We did not get  my meds before dance class because it was taking forever and forever and forever (ok, that's enough, mim).  We had to sit and it was very boring doing nothing.  There were people there so I talked to them and they liked it.  I had on a hat that my mom made and my dance teacher said she wanted it but it was too small for her head.  It snowed and we all got to go sledding on our new disc thingy that Nana brought to us.  I went all the way down the hill and into the ditch at the bottom by the road.  Mom yelled at dad out of the door because he said he would catch me and he missed. I did not get hurt, though.  I was the very first person outside, right mom? (no, the second) Oh, yeah, right, I was the second one outside but I was the last one inside to take my bath.  Now it is getting dark and it is almost time for us to eat.  Then, we have to get ready for bed.  My sister and brother and mom are sick.  They have nose issues and they are coughing.  My sister and brother have to take my yucky meds that I took when I had nose issues.  The ones I had to take before I went to the doctor.

Mom showed me my new meds and my pill is REALLY BIG!  It's yellow.  My yukky med is white and doesn't smell at all.

I'm going to play now.  BYE!
Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2008, 10:48:03 am »
Good morning Mini!

I'm Sharkdiver but some people have nicknamed me Sharkie.  I want to say that I am proud of you for keeping up with the dancing. I started dancing when I was your age and when I went to college I danced with a professional company. I even got a second Master's degree in Choreography and Creative Dance for Children.

I am also a speech therapist and I work in a clinic with kids. I help kids who have autism, CP, learning problems and some who can't even talk (yet). We have OTs, PTs and music therapists at my work. Pretty much it looks like I get to play all day long, especially when I get to work in out giant OT gym. My favorite thing is our scooter board ramp.

I always thought it would be cool to do my speech work with kids who also have HIV, just like you and me.  I would also love to teach creative dance to kids with HIV.
What do you think??????

I live in California.

bye for now I have to go play....oops I mean work.
 ;D
Sharkie

Offline minismom

« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2008, 01:30:03 pm »
I used to go to therapy and maybe I'll go back again soon.  Oh my goodness do you swim with the sharks for real?   We are picking up my brother and going to Ryan's and then going to the movies.  I would be in your dance class but how far away is California from West Virginia?  If it's not too far then my mom or dad could drive me there for classes.  I don't do speech therapy just physical therapy.  My therapy teacher's name is Mrs. Joan and she's very nice and always brings me toys and my sugar-free candy for when i do all my exercises right and don't complain about it.  I don't like it sometimes because it  hurts.  My sister doesn't talk yet and she used to be in speech but not any more she's not but she still doesn't talk.  She mostly screams or laughs and she likes to lick and kiss.  She likes her noopie, too. (pacifire).  That's all I have to say because I have to go find my shoes and I don't know where they are and that makes mom and dad mad because I don't keep up with my stuff and put my stuff away.

Bye!
Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2008, 07:33:38 pm »
Hi Mini, Poppy the cat just wanted to send you a big ol' kitty PURRRRRRRRR. ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:36 pm »
The weather is very cold today and guess what i got in the mail.  I got a scarf made out of Blackjack the alpaca.  It's black and long and mom wraps it round and round my neck till it covers up my mouth.  My dad said that my hair is just like Blackjack's and when my hair grows back he's gonna shave me bald so mom can make a scarf from my hair and send it to Blackjack to keep him warm because now he's all NEKKED!  Mom told him to stop it and said I'd better not even think about it.  My mom made me and my sisters matching skirts to wear to church tomorrow.  We will be the 3 twin sisters.  That's all I have to say because we didn't do anything today and I have to go watch my quiet time movie that mom rented for us after we went to Walmart and got brown shirts.  Oh, yeah, and we got food, too.  Now that's all I have to say.  Bye!

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2008, 11:39:35 pm »
Hi Mini~

My name is Cindy, but my nickname on the computer is Moonlight.  I have read all of your stories on here and I wanted to say Hello to you!  I live in Maryland, which is next to West Virginia, but we are probably still a long ways away from each other by car.

I love math A LOT and always help my friends with it.  I am also good at doing math in my head and at remembering dates and phone numbers, too!   ;D

I take two pills every night at bedtime and it has been pretty easy to do.  I used to take 20 pills a day, but thank goodness for all of the great doctors.  They have done good work and now people like you and me and everyone on the computer here can take medicine to keep us healthy!  I have been taking pills for 14 years and I am also diabetic, too!

I was 11 when I got diabetes and I had to test my blood sugar and take shots of insulin as well.  Just about 1-1/2 ago I started on an insulin pump.  It has insulin in it and you only get one shot every three days from it.  It sticks on your tummy like a band-aid, its like a little plastic case, about half the size of a hard boiled egg.  I have a remote control for it so I can push buttons and take more insulin at meal time.  Its pretty neat, but it takes a lot of math to get it figured out.  Good thing I like math so much.

I wanted to show you a picture of my dog, Cheech.  He is taking a break from a run in the picture, that's why his tongue is hanging out so much, but at least he looked at the camera for the picture.  He is an Australian Shepherd and Alaskan Spitz mix.  I got him at the local shelter almost 14 years ago when he was a little pup.  His birthday is February 2nd, which is Groundhog Day.  I think that your Mom's birthday is the same day, right?  ;)  Cheech will be 14 years old soon.  I told him how much you like dogs and animals, so he said to tell you Hello for him.

Its nice to read about what you do.  I like to dance, too, but I REALLY like to sing, it makes me happy!  I'll write more soon!

Nice to meet you!

~ Cindy in Maryland

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:43:35 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2008, 03:46:17 pm »
My mom's birthday is the same as your dog's birthday, Cheech.  I do ballet class and I'm learning Scottish and Irish step-dancing.  I wrote down Cheech's birthday in my diary, but mom said you didn't send his phone number and address so I can't write that down.  It is good to meet you.  Today was a great day here.  Did you have fun?  You have very pretty hair.  I know I can't come to your house but you can visit me again on the computer.  Lucky us!  My mom made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing to bring to church tonight and they are my Splenda cupcakes and icing so I can eat them.  We are having a everybody's birthday party tonight with food and cake and fun and stuff.  I hope you can write to me again really soon because i like to talk to the people here.  You are all my friends.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2008, 06:49:11 pm »
I was watching a movie about a crazy monkey who steals stuff from people in a hotel.  He drank water that had a woman's teeth in it and it was really nasty and a dog jumped off the hotel roof and landed in a trash dumpster.  We're gonna eat a cake that we got in the mail from my dad's brother.  It's purple and yellow and mom says it's nothing but sugar but dad said I can have a little piece.  My sister saw the monkey spitting and now she's spitting on us and getting in trouble.  She kissed the TV, too.  That's all I have to say because nobody said anything to me yet so I'm going to eat my cake and we can finish the crazy monkey movie.  My head hurts and i think I have fever but mom said i don't have a fever but I have a headache.  I have to take some meds but not until closer to bedtime.  That's what my mom said.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2008, 10:35:35 pm »
Hi Mini:

Your mum told us about the cake.  It sounds yummy!  Was it good?  I had school tonight.  Same old stuff.  I just wanted to stop in and say "hi."  Oh, and Poppy the kitty sends a big kitty {{{PURR}}}.
Your friend,
Betty (and Poppy)

Offline minismom

« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:57 pm »
Today we went to the library and I got to get my own library card because I can write my whole name.  And, guess what?  I got to check out books, too.  And, I got to sit at the kid tables and read some books,too,and the lady librarian was very nice and even helped my brother find a book about Spiderman.  I got a book about Butterflies and a book about snakes and one about Helen Keller and one about Luther Matin..what was his name? (Martin Luther King, Jr) Yeah, him, about when he was a boy until he was a man and got shot by a man or a lady (a man, hun).  A man who didnt' like what he was doing even though what he was doing was a good thing, right mom?  (right) Right!  And Helen Keller was a baby and couldn't hear or see because she got sick but before she could see and hear but then she couldn't.  But, she still learned to do sign language like my sister, except she can see and hear but just not talk.  Oh, and Helen keller learned to talk, too.  That's just impossible thing to do, but the book said she learned to talk and write and gave speaches and dance.  My mom said the book is true so it is impossible but she did it because she did.  And that's all because I'm on a break from watching the crazy monkey movie again.  Bye!

Mini
(typed by mom who is now exhausted trying to keep up with a 7yr old who has the gift of gab at 110 mph)
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:16 pm »
Hi, all, this is Mum.  Mini has had a very rough last few days.  I'm hoping tomorrow that she'll be able to write to you all herself.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2008, 07:53:21 am »
Hello everybody.  I had to take new medicine and i got the itchies.  I had a fever, too, and a headache.  My eyes hurt and my belly.  I had to take Benedryl to make the itchies better and Tylenol for my fever and my headache.  I got to go to dance class last night.  Now I don't have to take them because I feel better.  I'm having waffles for breakfast then I have to have school.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2008, 08:34:01 am »
Hi Mini it's me Sam. I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. If you could see me now, you would see how fast my tail is wagging to hear such good news.

I wish I could go to dance class with you. If I could I would be so happy just to dance with you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3arWRv7r7rA

your friend,
Sam

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2008, 10:51:44 am »
Hi Mini!

I'm so glad you're feeling better! ;)

It's really exciting to hear you got your first library card - congratulations! When I was your age, one of my most treasured possessions was my library card and my favourite day of the week was library day.

I also read about Helen Keller when I was a little girl. She was a very special person - just like you! When you're a little older, you might also want to read about Annie Franke.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

My cat Fred wants to talk to you.

Hi Mini, this is Fred. I live with Ann. Do you like to do silly things? I do. I like to get inside Ann's washing machine. It doesn't load from the top like yours probably does, it loads from the side and has a window. I like to get inside and pull the door shut. I watch Ann search the house for me through the little window. I laugh and laugh! ;D

Purr,
Fred
xxx

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2008, 11:03:37 am »
Hi Mini, this is Fred again.

One time, I got in the washer to help Ann sort her socks. She shouted at me!  :-\ She said I'd get cat fur all over her clothes - but what's the big deal? I'm a very clean cat!

I was so upset I lay down on the couch and cried.  :'(

She felt sorry then and gave me some catnip!  :D

Purr,
Fred
xxx

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2008, 03:32:28 pm »
Poor Fred!  I cry when i get fussed at, too.  But only i dont' get a treat for crying, so you are more lucky that me! I am going to make a Valentine card and send it to you.  Today I am starving and my mom said that it means I'm feeling better.  My dad said I stink and need a bath.  ( :-\)  I don't feel lke taking a bath, but dad said that's too bad. 

Sam sent me a cartoon and a song about dancing.  The man dances with a BEAR and the bear is wearing a DRESS!  That was so funny!

Tomorrow I'm going to get my blood work done and i'm glad because I always get a treat from their.  They have ugly bandaides and I told them they need to buy some pink ones with princesses on them.  The lady said she would, but mom said she would bring one from home in case the lady forgot.  I dont' scream or cry or yell or anything when they take my blood.  I just tell them what arm I want to use and sit in the chair.  Then, all my blood comes out, I get my treat, and we see the Dr. Muffin only tomorrow i won't go see Dr. Muffin.  I just have to have my blood work because my meds made me itchy and spotted and have a fever and a headache.

That's all I have to say because now I have to take a bath and I don't want to and I want to cry but then I get in trouble.  I don't want to take a bath or a shower.  i have to go take a bath now.  Bye.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2008, 04:12:04 pm »
I had to go get bloodwork yesterday.  But that crazy woman wouldn't listen to my mom and take the blood out of my arm in the right place.  That lady told my mom that she new the right place but my blood wouldn't come out of there and the lady stuck and stuck that pointy needle in my arm.  My mom was getting really angry and I started laughing because I knew that lady was about to get into bad trouble when my mom looked at her with her angry face.  My  mom told that lady to take the needle out and try again but she just wouldn't listen.  Then my mom got REALLY angry and told that lady to try the other arm.  That lady finally listened and my mom showed her what vein to stick that pointy needle into and when she listened to my mom, my blood came out just fine.  Mom said that I should get 2 stickers, but that lady only gave me 1 sticker and a ugly bandaide.  Then we went to Subway.

Bye!
Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2008, 04:30:17 pm »
Ha ha ha, Mini  ;D I had to laugh alot about your story.

I think I must know that crazy lady too! Or maybe the lady here is related to your lady. This lady doesn't always listen to where I tell her to stick the needle in my arm. I wish I could have your "angry" mommy with me sometimes to help out.  ;D Isn't is nice that your mommy is watching out for you? Moms are good about doing that.

They usually take 4 or 6 tubes of blood from me when I have my blood checked. Afterwards I don't get a bandaid, but the lady does wrap some colored stretchy tape about my arm to hold the cotton down till the bleeding stops. I think the green tape is prettier than the blue tape (because it matches the color of my car, although the blue would match my eyes). I'm going to have to have to find out why I don't get any stickers though! That would be cool!

I hope all your itchy rash is gone soon!
mikie
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline minismom

« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2008, 09:09:08 am »
Hello everybody and Happy Valentine's Day.  Well, not today, but tomorrow it will be.  I got my cards and I sleep with them and I keep them under my pillow so no one can mess with them.  Me and my brothers and my sisters are going to make more cards to give to the old people tomorrow when we bring them their lunch.  Actually we don't bring them their lunch some other people do, but we are making cards for them, though.  I have Buddy and Poppy on my refrigerator.

It is raining and snowing here today so we can't go to Walmart.  Mom said that tomorrow will be cold and sunny and we can go to Walmart and I can get something done with my hair.  Mom said that maybe I need barretts or something.  People keep calling me a boy and mom doesn't like that but I don't care I just tell them I'm a girl or I don't tell them nothing.

That's all I have to say.  We are all late starting school today because, well, I don't know why but we are.  Mom said we have to start soon or we'll have the whole day wasted.  I don't like school and playing is better.  Bye!

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2008, 09:31:06 am »
Hi Mini, it's your friend Sam here. My dad told me tomorrow is Valentine's Day but I wanted to wish you a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY today. I think Valentine's Day should be a school holiday for all the children. It's cold here today too. I hope you stay warm and have a great day.

Your friend,
Sam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlFGKlotIo4

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2008, 04:47:06 pm »
Happy Valentine's Day, Mini!

Thank you so much for my Valentine, it is on my desk at work so everyone can see it.   I hope you have a wonderful day, and know that you are loved by so many people!

hugs & kisses,

Alan & Fang (the bi-polar cat)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2008, 05:35:31 pm »
Hi Mini

My name is "Lucy" and this is my baby photo, but I'm much bigger now, but when I was little and not feeling well Mum would let me play inside when it was cold, and I loved sitting in front of the fire..I was a little naughty at times and Mum would have to chase me around the house..I thought it was fun and loved jumping up on the beds..but I stay in the paddocks with my other sisters now but Mum comes down everyday to see us.

Happy Valentines Mini from me and all my other friends here in the paddocks.

Hugs
Lucy :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2008, 06:36:07 pm »
                         HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MINI!

Just wanted you to know the valentine you sent me is still on the frig.  I hope you have a good day tomorrow!
Luv-
Betty & Poppy the cat

Offline minismom

« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2008, 10:42:42 am »
Poppy is still on our refrigerator, too. 

Kate, I hope you feel better really soon.  Mom said you don't have a mom or dad that can write for you while you are in the hospital, but you have a brother named Matthew and maybe he can write me and tell me how you are doing.  I sent you a card, too, I hope you got it.  We have jello for you when you are home my mom said we'll take it to the postoffice to mail it to you.  So, make sure you write to me and tell me when you are home, ok?

Sam, Thank you for the music.  How do you get it on the computer?  For Valentine's Day, i got a shirt that says, "i traded my brother for a lollipop"  All my sisters got one, too.  Oh, and I got a heart cup.  Our Nana gave us a new game to play.  We played last night and my sister won 1st place.

I went and got my hair cut yesterday.  It's bald in the back. (It is NOT bald - it's called a wedge).  And, I got new barretts that mom puts in my hair.  Dr. Muffin sent my numbers in the mail and they were good.  I'm having a big x-ray to see all my bones and guts on Tuesday.  I'm gonna ask them if they will give me a cd of my bones and guts like they did with my brains.  i dont' have to smell gas or get an IV or go to sleep or anything.  I just have to lay down and be really still.  Then, I have to have my bloodwork again.

You all have HIV, right, like me?  But not your pets, right?  Mom said they don't but told me I could ask. That's all I have to say!  BYE!

Mini (rooty tooty boney bootie ;D)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:25:28 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2008, 11:56:12 am »
Hey Mini I thought you might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXYwNDrU8k

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2008, 12:10:21 pm »
Wow, that x-ray sounds pretty exciting.  Will you get to go to I-Hop again?  I don't know if I would want a picture of the inside of my tummy though.  I think there would be too many squishy things in there that would gross me out. 
Luv-
Betty & Poppy

Offline minismom

« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2008, 02:45:16 pm »
I had my big x-ray (DEXA) yesterday and all I had to do was lay there and not move and not talk.  This thing went "rrrrrrrrrrrrr" and went up and down over me and then the lady said she wished all her patients are like me.  Then she cut off my yellow bracelet that had my name on it and also my birthday.  Then we walked a really long way to have my bloodwork done.  I told the lady to stick the pointy needle in my big fat vein and not in a wimpy vein.  The lady that was there the last time that wouldn't listen wasn't there this time.  It was a different lady who listened and poked me in my fat vein.  It didn't even hurt and I didnt' have to yell or cry.  At the end, she gave me a bandaide that matches me slippers.  I didn't wear my slippers to the hospital but the bandaide LOOKED like my slippers - it just happened that way.  Then we went to the food court and I ate a apple and drank some juice.  Then we went home.

Oh, yeah, and at dance class i was playing when my brother was dancing and I got a splinter in my hand.  I got the big part out, but part of it is stuck in there and when my Nana and my mom tried to take it out with a pointy needle from mom's box and those grabby picker things (tweezers) I screamed like a GIRL.  Well, I am a girl, but I don't like to scream like one.  The little part is still in my hand and is gonna stay there forever or 'till mom tries to dig it out again and I'm gonna scream loud in her ear like I'm dyin'!

That's all.  Bye!
Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2008, 09:22:28 am »
Hi Mini,

Will you be getting the pictures from your DEXA scan?  They might be really neat.

I hate getting splinters.  I haven't gotten one for a long time, and I'm so glad about that.  I hope your mom can get it out.  Poppy sends you a big kitty MEOW.
 Luv-
  Betty

Offline minismom

« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2008, 10:40:02 am »
We didn't get any pictures.  The lady said they don't do that but i got to see the back part of me (spine) on the computer.  And, I got to see my big ol' hard head bone and my legs and stuff.  I told mom to take a picture with her phone, but she didn't have it. My daddy missed the whole thing because he had to go to the bathroom.  He took too long because when he was finished I was finished, too. I told him that he should just hold it but he said he couldn't and went and missed the whole thing.

I got some new shoes, too.  They are converse black and white hightops.  My brother got some but they are red.  My other sister got some but they are not high tops they are low like regular shoes.  Ms. Beth called (can I say Ms. Beth?  Yes, hun, there's lots of Ms. Beths in the world.)  Ms. Beth called and said there is a sale somewhere.  When my daddy gets home from his client's house, then we're gonna go shopping.  So, now I have to go get dressed and I'm gonna wear my black high-top shoes because they are my favorite.  I like my Tinkerbell shoes, but they aren't new like my black ones are. 

Bye!  Hope you have a really good day.

Mini
www.watoto.com

Offline superkim24

• without a doubt
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2008, 11:38:57 pm »
Hi Mini

I have been reading all your messages and thought it was finally time to Introduce myself and my two dogs
My name is Kimmy and I live on an island in the Caribbean (mom you may have some explaining to do) The island is called Trinidad and where I live it never snows it is sunny most of the time and then there is rain sometimes but that's it no spring and no winter. I used to go to dance classes when I was younger I remember having alot of fun. I am sooooooooooo glad to hear that you are feeling better and really hope that you stay that way (feeling better) Here are my two dogs have a puppy too but will have to take her picture to send just for you
You stay sweet and listen to mom

The one on the left her name is Coco and the other one his name is Wellington

Kimmy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2008, 07:47:46 am »
Hi
Mini-
I love Converse high tops, you picked out a good color, they will match a lot of your outfits :) which these days seems to very important to my 4 yr old daughter :)
Sorry to hear you didn't get any pictures of your head and legs but that is pretty cool you got to look at them.  I hope you have a great day! It is really cold here but I thinking we might be heading to the ice skating rink then we are off to meet my Mom to get her dog Eva so we can "dogsit" for her.
I don't think I introduced myself. I am Snow and I live in Massachusetts with my fiance, my 4 kids and 3 dogs.  I sent your Mom some pics of my kids if she hasn't shown you already.  Try not to look at my pic in the corner- it has some naughty words- Sorry, Mum  :-\.
I love reading your messages, your a beautiful girl  ;D
Take care,
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2008, 08:31:14 am »
mini critters for Mini ...
 :)
Mike

Offline mjmel

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2008, 08:45:33 am »
and more critters...
 :)
Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.