Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:06:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 508
Total: 509

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Art Pop!  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Art Pop!
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:47:00 pm »
Artpop the new Lady GaGa album has launched and I like it quite a bit, although it's very reminiscent of Born this Way.  I'm sure that Basquo and Mecch are as excited as I am!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Art Pop!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:47:10 pm »
As with many albums, on my first listen I wasn't very impressed; but by the 20th listen-thru I was really groovin on it. i think the second half is much better than some of the avant garde stuff in the front half.

Not certain whether Swine or Artpop is my favorite. But MJ Holland follows in third.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:02:54 pm »
Sweetie hasn't it been out for awhile now? It's on my iPhone but can't say its captured my ear. Maybe I'll give another listen super stoned. Over-produced - where are the classic tunes, or the trippy disco?  On the other hand I LOVED her daily pap strolls in the crazy wonderful outfits all through the fall to promote the thing. Two outfits a day!  I think she's concentrating more on her visuals than her music.
Beyonce is a nicer listen, and I'm not a Beyonce fan!

My top discs of the year:

Bonobo - The North Borders
Bowie - The Next Day
Jake Bugg - Shangri La
Deerhunter - Monomania
Disclosure - Settle
Fuck Buttons - Slow Focus
John Grant - Pale Green Ghosts
M.I.A. - Matangi
Moderat (II)
Phoenix - Bankrupt!
Sky Ferreira - Night Times, My Time
Tengri - Icaros
Tesla Boy - The Universe Made of Darkness
The Field - Cupid's Head
Tiefschwarz - Renaissance Mix
Tim Hecker - Virgins

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »
My top discs of the year:
the bowie music is very good. and i like john grant
but you left out Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
and what about Britney Jean??
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:53:43 pm »
For Britney I "dusted off" 2007's Blackout.
Never got into Nine Inch Nails though I don't dislike it

Lakely I'm listening to psychedelic rock: Hendrix, Cream, Funkadelic, Quicksilver Messenger Service

Also doing an downtown NY art rock review... discovered Aurhur Russell
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:56:40 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 12:23:10 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVpXeGefo_w

My favorite track off of the album the beginning/chorus is very reminiscent of "When we were young" by the Killers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0oWESdmH0

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 03:32:53 pm »
I am sooooooo out of the loop, apparently.  Like out in orbit.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »
I am sooooooo out of the loop, apparently.  Like out in orbit.

I'm in a different galaxy, then. I recognize some of the words, but hardly any of the artists.  :D

I really don't follow artists, but I latch onto songs. I can handle anything (in moderation) but rap. Rap sets me on edge. I hear it and think of Carol Burnett as Eunice reciting The Song of Hiawatha.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 02:16:09 pm »
Same vein as Leatherman...not so impressed at first but it's growing on me. Impressed enough to buy tickets to the Las Vegas show in July...All the Texas shows are on weeknights.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 11:39:39 pm »
A new band I expect to hit nationally before too long.

Royal Teeth "Heartbeats"  (Cover of The Knife song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvA9TUKSdlM

They are a local Louisiana band that covered one of my favorite songs by The Knife.

The rest of their music sounds a LOT like a local Lafayette band:
Givers "Up up up"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JVXlWFa3o

Edit:  Another Royal Teeth song
"Wild"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhK3HaviHMw

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.