Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:05:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 312
Total: 314

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: True Blood-Season 3 ...Get a Bite Y'all !!! >:E~  (Read 72644 times)

Offline decayingsinner

Re: True Blood-Season 3 ...Get a Bite Y'all !!! >:E~
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2010, 07:36:40 pm »
Best quotes from Episode 9:

"What kind of sick fuck orders the veggie burger with bacon?"

"We will eat you, after we eat your children...and now for the weather!"

These two lines had my man and I cracking up!!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2010, 02:59:26 am »
Hahaha :D  If you need a second opinion I could help with that too!

Anyway, 3 days and counting til Episode 10!

IDK, you might try to steal my piece....jk......*makes announcement* Hellraiser is now my trophy hubby, if anyone wants to give him some they have to go thru me for approval....That is all...... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2010, 10:28:16 am »
IDK, you might try to steal my piece....jk......*makes announcement* Hellraiser is now my trophy hubby, if anyone wants to give him some they have to go thru me for approval....That is all...... ;D

LOL I'm gonna have to buy you 2 big rubber stamps, "approved" and "hell naw girl"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »
LOL I'm gonna have to buy you 2 big rubber stamps, "approved" and "hell naw girl"

LMAO... ;D

2 days and counting.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2010, 08:19:23 pm »
30 more minutes.  Hard to believe these are the last 3 episodes. This season has gone by so fast.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2010, 05:37:50 pm »
Looks like Magick (Wiccan new waitress)and Black Arts is coming into the tail end of the Season. Interesting. Luv the dancing statues on Lafayette's Altar. ;D

Saddens me to see Eric so fatalistic. Well, at least he got to kiss Sookie. Nice. :-*
And Russell, poor Russell. A true romantic.   :'(

A tender and insightful episode. 2 more episodes. Sigh. Start of withdrawal symptoms.  :D

I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2010, 09:45:55 am »
I can't wait for the Eric and Russel show down.  Both of them have killed someone the other has loved and both are hellbent on revenge.  I bet Eric is going to drink Sookie's blood so he can walk in the Sun and kill Russel.

I loved that Sookie thought being a fairy was "lame" (it is).  I am intrigued by the Werepanther - that was kinda cool. 

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2010, 11:16:37 am »
I can't wait for the Eric and Russel show down.  Both of them have killed someone the other has loved and both are hellbent on revenge.  I bet Eric is going to drink Sookie's blood so he can walk in the Sun and kill Russel.

I loved that Sookie thought being a fairy was "lame" (it is).  I am intrigued by the Werepanther - that was kinda cool. 

Agree with the above.

I could not make out what Bill said when he was telling Sookie other names for fairies. Does anyone know what the other names for fairies are?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2010, 12:08:43 pm »
Does anyone know what the other names for fairies are?
in describing the Fay to Sookie, Bill says, "Fenodrerr, ellalong (??), the old people, aliens"
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2010, 12:10:20 pm »
Why does Eric insist to Sookie that she cannot trust Bill?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23:32 pm »
in describing the Fay to Sookie, Bill says, "Fenodrerr, ellalong (??), the old people, aliens"

Hmmm. Thank u ;)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2010, 12:33:07 pm »
Hmmm. Thank u ;)
i have it downloaded and listened repeatedly, while googling, to try to figure out that ellalong reference but just don't get that one. ???
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2010, 01:43:26 pm »
Did you guys know that Anna and Stephen got married this weekend?

I just found this website everyone might like - http://trueblood.wikia.com/wiki/True_Blood_Wiki It's a little hard to navigate at first, but once you figure it out it's ok.

http://truebloodnet.com/ has a lot of in-depth episode synopses too. http://true-blood.net/ isn't bad either. But I can't find any references to any other names for fairies other than "old people".

And did you know that Jessica has a blog?

For those of us in the UK, according to fxuk.com, they have exclusive rights to the series and series three will start sometime before February.

And for those of you who have talked about Lafayette still being alive in the telly series but killed off in the books, 'True Blood' Author Charlaine Harris Is 'So Glad' Alan Ball Left Lafayette Alive On The Show. Just thought you'd like to know! :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2010, 02:16:19 pm »
Did you guys know that Anna and Stephen got married this weekend?

Thanks for all the tips and updates, Miss Ann.

As far as the marriage, to think Anna is openly bisexual, I wonder if he's bi too?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2010, 02:20:31 pm »

Thanks for all the tips and updates, Miss Ann.

You're welcome! :)

As far as the marriage, to think Anna is openly bisexual, I wonder if he's bi too?

I don't know, but the thought is making me salivate! ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2010, 02:37:55 pm »
Ok, was it me or did the dude Russell tricked with looked like Talbot for a minute? I am hoping Eric wins against Russell. I mean I know he's pissed because Eric killed Talbot but he killed Eric's family first. Loved the V scene with Lafayette and Jesus, reminded me of an acid trip. I am glad that Hoyt and Jessica are talking again. Had to laugh when Jessica tossed Tommy in the air. Yeah, I knew she had a blog, they have it on Facebook.

Yeah, I did see that they got married over the weekend which I thought was great. I can't wait til this weekend, the shit is really going to hit the fan, I think.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2010, 02:44:59 pm »
According to one of the synopses I read on one of the sites linked to above (don't remember which one), Russell purposely found a rent-boy who looked like Talbot and was speaking to the rent-boy as though he were Talbot, saying things like "I'm sorry I wasn't at your death".

I also read somewhere that each season closely mirrors a book, with seasons 1-3 representing books 1-3. If things go the way I hope they will, there will be thirteen or fourteen seasons. So far she's written ten books, but has a contract for thirteen, and says she's already got ideas for a fourteenth. Fingers crossed! 

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04:09 pm »
Ok, was it me or did the dude Russell tricked with looked like Talbot for a minute? I am hoping Eric wins against Russell. I mean I know he's pissed because Eric killed Talbot but he killed Eric's family first. Loved the V scene with Lafayette and Jesus, reminded me of an acid trip. I am glad that Hoyt and Jessica are talking again. Had to laugh when Jessica tossed Tommy in the air. Yeah, I knew she had a blog, they have it on Facebook.

Yeah, I did see that they got married over the weekend which I thought was great. I can't wait til this weekend, the shit is really going to hit the fan, I think.

He paid for a prostitute who did look like talbot and when they cut away the actor who played Talbot replaced the guy in the scene.  He fades back to the real actor when Russel stakes the prostitute.

As for Crystal if she's a were-panther that might be interesting, but I'm pretty sure she's just a shifter.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »
According to one of the synopses I read on one of the sites linked to above (don't remember which one), Russell purposely found a rent-boy who looked like Talbot and was speaking to the rent-boy as though he were Talbot, saying things like "I'm sorry I wasn't at your death".
the actor playing talbot actually replaces the rent-boy in the visuals several times as Russell bemoans Talbot's passing

I also read somewhere that each season closely mirrors a book,...So far she's written ten books, but has a contract for thirteen, and says she's already got ideas for a fourteenth.
so far each season does basically follow the plot laid out in the books. I just polished off all 10 books in 6 days and, as usual with my authors and musicians, now I'm sadly and anxiously waiting on their next published work.

However, at this rate of filming I can't see the series continuing one book per season. (especially with the looong dead time between seasons) The books only cover about 2 yrs worth of time, and so far it's taken 3 years to get through about 6 weeks of Sookie's life. Poor Bill and Eric will be looking a little bit "long in the tooth" ;D by the time they get to filming book 10 or 13 at this rate. LOL Wonder if they would consider a movie or mini-series to speed things along? More than likely they'll film for as long as it's popular and then leave out a lot and tie up the loose ends totally different from the books.

----Possible Spoiler Alert------
As for Crystal if she's a were-panther that might be interesting, but I'm pretty sure she's just a shifter.
In the books, everyone in Hot Shot, just down the road from Bon Temps, are were-panthers which Jason gets very involved with. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2010, 07:21:22 pm »
Pity its not a full season.  20+ episodes a season and things would progress quick enough.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Merlin

« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2010, 03:17:33 am »
Once this season ends, will have to wait till June 2011 for Season 4. Too long.  :o

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline mecch

« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2010, 03:27:59 am »
Well there will probably be some decent series during the regular season. There always are.

Offline Merlin

« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2010, 03:44:35 am »
True Blood always flips ON when regulars like Desperate Housewives, Glee, Brothers & Sisters, The Mentalist, Caprica ...etc goes off & vice versa. Probably Supernatural will do nicely a stand in for me. The Vampire diaries for dessert. LOL  ;D

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2010, 03:31:26 pm »
Damn that's a long time to wait for Season 4 but I think I'll tune into Boardwalk Empire. I love good gangster series/movies.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2010, 08:31:26 pm »
As soon as this season ends, I am canceling my HBO.  Besides True Blood, there is nothing that this channel offers.  Only 2 episodes left!!! This season flew by.

Offline Merlin

« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2010, 09:25:30 pm »
Looks like need to wait till 12th Sep for the finale. Sigh. At least Eric will still be around. Russell too, I think  ;D  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gdgGhsHck&feature=player_embedded

PS: The Vampire Diaries are back on the 9th Sep. No substitute but ah well, fangs are fangs.  :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:30:11 pm by Merlin »

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2010, 09:53:30 pm »
Looks like need to wait till 12th Sep for the finale. Sigh. At least Eric will still be around. Russell too, I think  ;D  
damn, i hate these preview clips and I love them too. ::)

Ok, why do you think Russell will be around? Someone in the clip (with a non-Southern accent, Claudia maybe??) says RE is no more. Technically he should burn up first as he's older than Goderic by 1000 yrs or so, and to be sorta similar to the books, it's ok for RE to leave (if you exhange King of Miss for King of Ark - who dies after marrying QSA)

speaking of Godric, is Eric having a vision or seeing a ghost?
I know I saw a glimpse/vision of Alcide - but he's got clothes on. Awww :(

ack! the 12th?!??! crap. there aren't enough eps per season already and now they're making us wait for the finale. Argh!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2010, 07:20:55 am »
 :o  Awwww shit, gotta wait til the 12th, no fair...See HBO knows how to be a dick tease!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Merlin

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:40 am »

Ok, why do you think Russell will be around? Someone in the clip (with a non-Southern accent, Claudia maybe??) says RE is no more. Technically he should burn up first as he's older than Goderic by 1000 yrs or so, and to be sorta similar to the books, it's ok for RE to leave (if you exhange King of Miss for King of Ark - who dies after marrying QSA)

speaking of Godric, is Eric having a vision or seeing a ghost?

I was just guessing since I did not read any of the books.  ;)  I'm a big fan of RE and he stole the 3rd Season with his more than excellent portrayal of what a real Vampire should be. His TV debut where he killed the anchorman was worthy enough of an Emmy. :-* If RE goes, sigh, gonna miss him. Well done Denis O'Hare-you're the Vamp !

Next Season of True Blood seems to be more about Witches so guess Vamps will go on Sabbatical.  ;D

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2010, 12:06:41 pm »
IT really does bite the big one that there is only one episode left :( 
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Cliff

« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »
I just got into it and love it.  Watched season one last week and am on season two this week.  Not sure when season three will be released in the UK!

;D

Offline next2u

« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2010, 11:47:05 am »
sounds like hbo and qt have something in common :)
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:27 pm »
sounds like hbo and qt have something in common :)

Hahahaha, now you got jokes..I am not a teaser, I'm a pleaser. Remember that Sunshine... ;)  :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2010, 11:32:44 pm »
Nice finale to a pretty awesome season (potential spoilers ahead).  I'm glad that they didn't leave us hanging regarding Eric and Pam.

I hope that somebody kills Hoyt's pig of a mother. If she does anything to mah baby Jessica I'm gon' be all brokenhearted.

Whether Sam kills his lil' bitch of a brother is really irrelevant. I can't stand that boy.

Oh, and Tara's new look is hot. Wonder where the fuck she's heading?

Now we'll have to wait nine months to see what happens.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:07 pm »
Nice finale to a pretty awesome season (potential spoilers ahead).  I'm glad that they didn't leave us hanging regarding Eric and Pam.

I hope that somebody kills Hoyt's pig of a mother. If she does anything to mah baby Jessica I'm gon' be all brokenhearted.

Whether Sam kills his lil' bitch of a brother is really irrelevant. I can't stand that boy.

Oh, and Tara's new look is hot. Wonder where the fuck she's heading?

Now we'll have to wait nine months to see what happens.

Sookie disappeared into Faerie Land!  You forgot all that?  By the way I was scared to death they were gonna off Pam.  I was clutching the pearls!

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2010, 11:46:23 pm »
Sookie disappeared into Faerie Land!  You forgot all that?

Meh!  She's going on a nice vacation to a happy place. I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of Claudine during season 4.

By the way I was scared to death they were gonna off Pam.  I was clutching the pearls!

Oh sugah, so were we over here. I woulda thrown a 10" stiletto at my 50' tv if something had happen the most fabulous bitch in the show.

Oh, and kill that bratty queen for once and for all. She gets on my nerves.

And should we say "the king is not dead, long live the king (even if it's under a million pounds of cement)"?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2010, 12:27:27 am »
Loved the season finale! =)

gonna be hell till season 4.

However, at least there are a couple other shows to hold my interest until then..Vampire Diaries..House...Supernatural starts back up this month too!

wish TB had 24 episodes instead of 12.
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #237 on: September 13, 2010, 06:58:13 pm »
Of course the finale was on point, who could be disappointed. I am dying to see where things go with Lafayette, Jesus and the sipping of the V. I love it that they made Jesus a brujo. I am with you, Rev, if Hoyt's mother does something to Jessica I'll pitch a bitch too. Not willing to throw no shoes at my gorgeous 46 inch tv though. I know she bought the shotgun but it will do no good unless she has wooden bullets like Jason had. So now I guess Jason is going to be the leader of Chrystal's crew. Dear Lawd, that's like the dumb leading the blind.

I am glad that they didn't kill Russell off but he did look funny being southern fried by the sun..lol..Couldn't believe Bill tried to cross Eric and have Pam killed. I am glad she lived, got to keep a bitch on there. I do hope Bill kills the Queen though I am not happy how he used Sookie. Now she has run off to fairyland, wonder how that is going to play out?

Well during the hiatus, I will be watching Boardwalk Empire....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline mecch

« Reply #238 on: September 13, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »
I only read the first two books so far.  So I don't know if the series is following the Russell story as in the book. Am I the only one who didn't understand why Bill and Eric didn't finish him off?  The cement thing was so Batman.  It didn't make sense to Bill and Eric's intelligence to have left him in limbo for a later time.  Clearly there's an easy enough escape for Russell and they "should" know that.  Eric could have forgiven, but I wasn't buying the logic of that either. 
The humans' stories left me entirely more satisfied in this cliff hanger.  The supernaturals' stories were all over the place fucked up.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #239 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:21 pm »
I only read the first two books so far.  So I don't know if the series is following the Russell story as in the book. Am I the only one who didn't understand why Bill and Eric didn't finish him off?  The cement thing was so Batman.  It didn't make sense to Bill and Eric's intelligence to have left him in limbo for a later time.  Clearly there's an easy enough escape for Russell and they "should" know that.  Eric could have forgiven, but I wasn't buying the logic of that either. 
The humans' stories left me entirely more satisfied in this cliff hanger.  The supernaturals' stories were all over the place fucked up.

Death may have been "peace" for Russell.  Eric wasn't interested in that.  By leaving him sundamaged, bound by silver and encased in cement he's essentially tormenting him for "at least 100 years".  Bill makes the comment that this is bound to drive him insane.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2010, 08:06:07 pm »
  Am I the only one who didn't understand why Bill and Eric didn't finish him off?  

I think it's because Goderick had said that everyone is at peace when they die and Eric did not want Russell to be in a state of peace but rather that he suffer.

Offline mecch

« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2010, 08:11:43 pm »
Yeah I got that, but Russell says 100 years is nothing to him.  So I kinda understand that the torment wouldn't be as great as those two hoped. 

Also, although the character says Talbot was the love of his life, the acting and casting made this hard to believe, for this viewer.  Russell is a lot more fun and seriously evil than that whiny Talbot ever was. 

But Ok, I'll accept you all's explanation.  ;D

Another minor point - please explain, you close watchers?  What did Bill do to Eric to temporarily stun him to get him into the cement box?  I missed that.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2010, 08:19:50 pm »
shackled him with half of the silver handcuff, it's why he picked up the blue surgical glove secretly in the bar.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2010, 08:24:04 pm »
shackled him with half of the silver handcuff, it's why he picked up the blue surgical glove secretly in the bar.

You is good!  I had completely forgot about that.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2010, 03:27:45 pm »
LOL, my hubby doesn't miss a thing does he? ;D Now he needs to pay me some attention... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2010, 02:28:59 am »
LOL, my hubby doesn't miss a thing does he? ;D Now he needs to pay me some attention... ;D

Would you like me to rub your feet?  Mow the grass?  Do any sort of Handyman work?  Alternatively we can go trawl the bars for boys, or just drink and make fun of other people.  I'm at your disposal.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2010, 01:28:34 pm »
Would you like me to rub your feet?  Mow the grass?  Do any sort of Handyman work?  Alternatively we can go trawl the bars for boys, or just drink and make fun of other people.  I'm at your disposal.

But you have to draw the line at "bedroom" duties unless you had one of those injections we were talking about in another thread.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2010, 01:33:28 pm »
But you have to draw the line at "bedroom" duties unless you had one of those injections we were talking about in another thread.

Harsh Inch, Harsh.  *shivers*

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2010, 08:19:49 pm »

No, I don't like anyone touching my feet though they are pretty... ;) No grass to mow where I'm at...Oooh and I am so past the bar scene, I'll leave that up to you just don't bring home no strays or hoodrat types, And if he stays past 48 hours he has to fork over some money. I ain't running no hotel or brothel... ;D

So I guess that leaves me SOL now don't it? :P
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2010, 08:22:03 pm »

:o injections  :o what thread is that? It must have slipped by me. Hubby will have to take the shot, the only shot I plan on taking is my depo...Without it I am a evil bitch... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.