Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:32:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 209
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: oral sex question ,please  (Read 16030 times)

Offline So Scared

oral sex question ,please
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:18:12 am »
hi everyone, this is my first posted on this webboard

first of all, my english very poor because my country don not speak english.

I'm male 26 years old

12 days ago, I had unprotected oral sex with prostitue <she sucked me> around 20 minutes and then I ejaculated in her mouth.

This is the first time in my life I have done this,  I have decided this will be the last time.

I knew I ever read in this website said that I'm NOT risk. But pls answer me, I'm so scared..I am almost half dead, not able to do things

you know what situation I was in, so let me know if I would have infected by virus HIV or not.

thank you very much

Offline RapidRod

Re: oral sex question ,please
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:45:56 am »
No, you are not at risk for contracting HIV from receiving a blowjob. Please take time to read the transmission lesson found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 09:12:33 am »
Along with reading the lessons as Rod suggested you should also know that in the entire history of the HIV epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission from getting a blow job.

So we can say with confidence that you will not make history by becoming the first.

Just make sure that if you have intercourse you are always, ALWAYS using a latex condom.

Receiving a blow jobs is absolutely not a risk for HIV.

There's no need for HIV testing nor for further concern about that incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:25:02 am »
rapidrod, andy valez

thank you so much for quick respond, it' s great that you be here, I hope I won't be the first man to make history.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 09:54:59 am »
Dont start with the "I HOPE I WONT BE THE FIRST!"  We are TELLING you, YOU WONT BE THE FIRST!

It would be like if you asked us if you jumped high enough could you get into outer space.  We would say its never been done in the history of jumping and you wont be the first.  See the correlation?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline So Scared

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 01:45:01 pm »
ACinKC, and everyone ,thank you so much

pls let's me say I'm really scared, I don't know how to explain what I am feeling, right now  :'(

Offline So Scared

Pls Help me <oral sex question>
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:10:09 am »
Hi everyone, pls help me

first of all, English not my mother language so pls forgive me If it strange.

last night I had an un protectes oral sex with Prostitue that I don't know her HIV status.

She don't oral sex to me But I just use my tongue on her  clitoris about 2 minutes,that's it. we don't have intercourse.

When I woke up this morning then I feel so bad.

AM I infected? I'm so scared.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Pls Help me <oral sex question>
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 07:37:59 am »
Scared,

You should keep all of your questions, comments and thoughts in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, click on the "show own posts" link which you'll find in the left hand column of any forums page.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 07:53:20 am »
So,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Licking a clitoris - also known as "cunnilingus" or "going down on a woman" is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Have you read the Welcome Thread like you were asked to? It contains, along with the posting guidelines, a link to the Transmission Lesson. Get reading so you can understand these things.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline So Scared

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 08:08:28 am »
Thank you so much, Ann next time I'll post mt old topic.

I was drunk last night but I remembered that I tried to lick just her clitoris, anyway I'm not sure whether my tongue touch her vagina or not?

I really worry. If my tongue touch her vagina, I risk for HIV infection or not?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 08:10:27 am »
Scared,

It doesn't make any difference if your tongue touched her clitoris or entered her vagina. There was no risk of HIV transmission from this event.

Seriously.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 08:11:18 am »
So,

It doesn't matter what details you want to add, putting your mouth on any part of a womans genitals is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline So Scared

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 08:24:38 am »
ok Matt and Ann

you said I'm NOT RISKED whether my tongue enter to her vagina or not?

Should I have To test?

PCR TEST in My country not expensive it's just 90 us dollars

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 08:27:36 am »
No. You do not need to test as a result of going down on this woman.

In fact, no matter what your risk might be you should not have a PCR test performed. PCR testing has an unacceptably high rate of false positives and is not approved for diagnotic purposes.

What you should do is take the advice Ann gave you earlier,

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

MtD

Offline So Scared

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 08:38:06 am »
ok matt

pls don't bother me, I just worry a lot.

But anyone got HIV From "going down on a woman"???

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 08:39:03 am »
Scared,

Nobody has ever gotten HIV from going down on a woman. You will not get HIV from going down on a woman. HIV is not transmitted that way.

MtD

Offline So Scared

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 08:48:37 am »
But why some source said there's has a risk??

anyway I should be relive, right?

Thank you million times Matty Ann

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 08:51:24 am »
Scared,

Trust me. Sources that say you can get HIV by going down on a woman are wrong. Why they say this is anyones guess.

Yes, you can be relieved.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 08:53:28 am »
so,

Some people will tell you that cunnilingus is a risk because they don't approve of any sort of sex outside a traditional, heterosexual marriage. They try to use scare tactics to keep you on the straight and narrow.

And some people just don't know what they're talking about. We do. Cunnilingus is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you will not be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline So Scared

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 09:16:27 am »
Thank you million times again, Matty and Ann

I'll stop worrying.

God bless you.

Offline So Scared

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 01:40:49 pm »
Matty, ann

I still worry but can I have intercourse with my girlfriend?

I alway use condom with her but she alway want me to "going down on her"?

ANd where 's Andy?

sorry for my poor english because My country don't English.

thank you for talking to me.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 05:08:28 pm »
You can go down on her all you like.  You cant give her what you dont have.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 05:55:36 pm »
So,

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection for either person. No risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline So Scared

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 07:48:53 am »
hi I'm back again

I still worrying.

next 3 months would you think i will get negative result

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 07:52:06 am »
On the basis of what you've reported here, I'm certain your HIV antibody test will be negative.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 07:57:18 am »
You're not listening, at least not to us. Feelings aren't facts. Just because your mind may continue to come up with thoughts that worry you, that doesn't change the HIV science of this concern of yours.

You weren't at risk for HIV transmission by going down on a woman. Period. End of story.

As Matty has said, you can't pass HIV to your girlfriend when you don't have it yourself.

I'm not quite clear what you mean by 3 months. There's actually no need for taking an HIV test. But if you are going to continue to worry, (unnecessarily I might add), then go ahead and get tested at 3 months after the incident. It's totally not necessary but you seem to taking your worrisome thoughts more seriously than what is being said to you here. Perhaps collecting the inevitable negative result will allow you to move on.

Again, this was not a risky incident so all of this drama on your part is totally without any basis in HIV reality.

Cheers,  
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 08:19:42 am »
Matty Andy

thank you very much for very very quick reply.

I have to think It's gonna be OK.

anyway, I have another question, How Lesbian get HIV?

THANK GOD FOR THIS WEBSITE, I love you all.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 08:21:29 am »
IV drug use and having unprotected sex with a male that is positive.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 09:34:38 am »
Just to expand a bit on Rod's comment, very often people are not simply straight or gay, but rather somewhere in between OR they simply experiment from time-to-time. So someone who may beself-identified as a lesbian may have unprotected intercourse with a man, either straight or bi, who is also HIV+.

That's why no matter whom you are having intercourse with, whoever is the insertive partner should always be wearing a latex condom. No exceptions.
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 07:42:16 am »
Hi everyone, I'm back again

2 days ago, I made a mistake again. I had unprotected oral sex with girl that I don't know her HIV status. <she perform on me>

but It's just 5-6 seconds.

I knew I don't have to worry about HIV. but I feeling worry about other STDs such as gonorrhea. wht sould I do?

I knew ever said on my first post that It will be the last. I swear this will be really last time. I will get marry before end of this year.I really scared so much. I feel everything was so sad.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:47:20 am by So Scared »

Offline queenie

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 07:54:26 am »
hi, i am a little confused, you are not worried really about the hiv.  but someother std like gonerea

why would you think that, or is it easier to think you could get that, why would you think she had
that.  if you can handle sex with her, you need to leave her alone.  hope u havent made her feel guilty about your fears.    are u afraid you have gonnarra, and what to blame her :-\

Offline queenie

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 07:58:58 am »
i just went back and reread what you wrote, you are just a glutten for punishment.

greedy, do u know your std statis. actually u shouldnt be having sex, hyprocondriate

one other solution, use a full body saran rap ;D

Offline So Scared

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 08:13:47 am »
sorry Queenie.

what do you want to tell me?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 12:16:29 pm »
Scared, Queenie's just gotten a bit impatient with your back and forths.

Receiving oral is not a risk for HIV transmission for the guy getting the blowjob. Period.

Other STDs are another matter. Since you are sexually active you ought to be having a full STD panel done regularly. That means at least once a year and every six months is even better. Other STDs are easier to catch than HIV.

What people are also telling you is that if you're always going to be super-anxious after having sex, maybe you should be getting help with that instead of getting into a state everytime you have an incident.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 06:02:56 pm »
Queenie..please read the guidlines regarding this forum, you should not be posting here, please leave the responses to questions like this to those who are experts in the field..thank you for your cooperation.

So Scared..Please listen to what you are being told.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline So Scared

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 04:48:23 am »
Thanks Andy

I just feel bad for done something very very stupid. and I don't know whom I can speak to?

Offline So Scared

worrying again
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 12:42:07 pm »
hi everyone

my country not speak english so sorry if I use uncorrect grammar.

I think I made myself in trouble again

I had sex with a girl that I do not know her HIV status (hooker)

I wear condom and when finished. I cheked my condom and it's not broke. my semen still in condom.

I use my middle finger insert into her vaginal and I found my finger had bruise on my skin upper nail.

I think every minutes about Am I infect?

I really regret to done bad thing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2009, 12:52:06 pm »
First of all, I have merged your latest thread with your previous one. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread and don't start anymore new ones.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. You used a condom for intercourse which is exactly what you are supposed to do. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV.

Fingering, even with a bruise, cut or nick on your finger is not a risk for HIV transmission.

There's no need for further concern or for testing. And keep using those condoms for interecourse.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 12:58:19 pm »
so sorry Andy, I will follow your rule

and really thank you for quick replied.

do you think I have to test?

I can't get rid my worrying out of my head, I'm so so stress.

thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 03:16:08 pm »
Are you really reading my responses or are you just listening to your fears and anxiety?

I answered those questions. Re-read my previous response.
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 12:45:13 am »
ok Andy

I saw you replied.

may be I'm so so fear.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 07:58:19 am »
Yes, well fears aren't facts. And the facts of your situation indicate clearly that nothing in your incident has put you at risk for HIV.

Take a breath and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 10:33:13 am »
thank you and merry christams, Andy

I'll move on

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:25 am »
You're welcome. And best for the holidays to you as well.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline So Scared

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 12:54:51 pm »
happy new year, everybody.

I have a new question.

have you ever heard about "NAT test"??

In thailand they said just 5 days after risk thay can test that you infect or not?

so sorry for my poor english.

www.HIVNAT.ORG

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:15 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline So Scared

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 01:20:58 pm »
RapidRod

I just wanna Know your OPINION about "NAT Test".

I don't worry about myself, Don't get me wrong..

Do you understand that It's new knowledge For me and I think for Everyone, too.

I do not think I annoy you. You do not have to do like this.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 01:50:45 pm »
So,

NAT testing is not generally used for hiv diagnosis as any result must still be confirmed with ELISA and WB testing.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST over your latest NO RISK incident.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.