Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 10:50:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: fingering with fresh cut and mutual masturbation  (Read 29967 times)

Offline fingerscrossed

fingering with fresh cut and mutual masturbation
« on: September 18, 2007, 02:50:29 pm »
My risk was mutual masturbation and fingering (with a cut) a sex worker.

I know mutual masturbation and fingering are not legitimate risks, and if it weren't for the cut on my finger I wouldn't be worried or posting here.

I noticed the cut on my finger about 5 to 6 hours after my incident. It is similar to a paper cut. When I noticed it, it was fresh and hadn't scabbed over yet. Now, it has scabbed which means the cut was deep enough to produce a scab.

I fingered the sex worker vigorously for maybe about a minute with a couple times where I went as deep as possible. She was very wet.

I do not want to put my wife at any risk, no matter how small the "odds" were. I know there is a theoretical risk with a cut on my finger, which excludes the "no risk" factor.

My question is do I need to test in your expert opinion or can I have unsafe sex with my wife as if nothing happened? FYI, I know I am HIV-negative and disease-free before this incident.

With the mutual masturbation I'm pretty sure I fingered her and then used the same hand to masturbate myself for about a minute. And then I put a hand towel between her and me and dry humped her. Our skin did not touch in the genital area. Also, if you would be so kind as to give me your input, what risk for other STI's besides HIV did I put myself in?

BTW, I have been on this site before and I was a wreck then. Thanks to this site, especially Andy V., and being more informed, I thought I learned my lesson. I was safer this time but come to realize, not safe enough. If I'm not mistaken, fingering with a cut on my finger is greater risk for infection than having insertive sex with a condom. Either way, I'm glad I was able to refrain from having penetrative sex, but here I am again still with that unsafe chance. The ironic thing is, I refrained from having sex not for any guilt reasons nor for any "realistic" concerns for catching STI's, but more to relieve myself of the burden of having to worry. Because last time, it occupied me to no end and took a huge toll on my life for the worse for few months. But here I am again, though not as much a wreck but still with a question about testing and resuming a sex life with my wife.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: fingering with fresh cut and mutual masturbation
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:04:29 pm »
No matter what spin and details you put on it, short of an immediately open bleeding wound on your finger and copious amounts of blood pouring into it the risk is strictly theoretical. Long before a scap forms over a cut, nick or wound, your skin immediately begins forming a protective covering not visible to the eye. There's never been a confirmed case of transmission via fingering and I am confident that you won't make history by becoming the first.

As far as other STDs, they can be much easier to get than HIV. Some are only a matter of skin to skin contact. So if you have any doubts because of symptoms, that's something to discuss with your doctor. Nothing you have described seems risky to me.

Beware of guilt. You went straying and the residual feelings about that can play havoc with your mind. You did what you did. Can't undo that. Take a breath, let it go and get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline fingerscrossed

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:55:57 pm »
Andy, nice to hear from you. Thanks again for allowing me to breathe a sigh of relief.

So, can I resume activity with my wife as if nothing happened or should I test after 13 weeks? I just want your opinion on this.

Ann and others, I would like to hear from you as well.

Thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:03:48 pm »
As far as HIV is concerned I don't see any cause for concern.

I can't flatly say anything about other STDs. For instance, if a partner is having an outbreak of herpes it can be passed through skin contact or kissing. As long as you feel comfortable that you don't have any symptoms or think other STDs are an issue then I don't see a problem.

Andy Velez

Offline fingerscrossed

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:44:22 pm »
Andy, you are one of those "everyday heroes". I think a lot of people strive to impact others the way you have and do here over the many years.

That goes for the other mods on here too.

This happened because of marital problems, but I had a talk with my wife and we've agreed to take some time and really assess our relationship. Then it'll be a matter of deciding to end it or go forward. Either way, I vow to you, Andy, my online hero =) as well as to myself that I will never put myself in a risk situation again.

Offline fingerscrossed

Ann to chime in?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 07:18:02 am »
Should I test if I fingered a sex worker with a cut on my finger? The cut wasn't bleeding but it hadn't scabbed yet.

I would like to know your expert opinion. Thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 09:50:44 am »
fingers,

Andy has already answered your question. You did not have a risk and you do not need to test.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fingerscrossed

Please tell me my risk
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 08:16:31 pm »
Hi,

I was on here a long time ago. Andy V. nice to see you are still around (I also remember RapidRod as well).  Unfortunately, I am back on here to ask another risk question.

- Before I went to a sex worker I plucked some pubic hairs and used a beard shaver to trim my pubic hairs. 
- Then I went to a sex worker and she started to play with my penis with her hands and boobs (no condom).
- I rubbed her vagina on top of her panties, as her panties were still on. 
- While I was rubbing her she was rubbing my penis with her hands with some liquid she put on (some kind of lubricant). 

- I then put a condom on.  But this condom was provided by her so how can i be sure it was a good condom?  She also kept it inside her panties right on her pubic region. 
- Well, she blew into the condom and put condom on, and then gave me a blowjob. 
- I checked her vagina area and though it was dark did not notice anything unusual. 
- Then I eventually entered her vagina doggie style.  I made sure that no part of my body touched hers other than what was covered by my condom.  So I had no direct skin to skin contact.  Then I took the condom off. 
- Then I grabbed some tissue, put it around my penis and masturbated.  But while I was masturbating, some of my hand that took the condom off touched my penis skin. 

I am worried about three things:
1. The possible vaginal fluid touching my penis.  Worried about HIV risk as well as genital warts risk.
2. I am also worried the condom she gave was not adequate.
3. And I am worried the trimming and plucking I did may have made me more susceptible to catching genital warts or HIV.

Can you please tell me my risk for ANY STDs and HIV?  I will get tested once I stop being a cheating wussie.

Once again, thanks to you guys for your generous support with us cheating bastards that use sex workers.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:46 pm »
You never had a risk to be concerned over.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:21:17 pm »
Thank you for returning to your original thread.

We are an HIV specific website so if you have concerns about STDs other than HIV, you should discuss those with a doctor.

Regarding HIV there is nothing you raise in your latest posts which which would place you at risk of infection.

HIV is transmitted inside the body, ie through unprotected anal or vaginal sex, from sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes and in some case from HIV positive mother to her unborn child.

Please read our  Welcome Thread and follow the links to our lessons on HIV transmission.

You do not need to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline fingerscrossed

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »
Thank you RapidRod and Matt. 

Do you think condoms provided by sex workers are safe?  I should add the condom was not in a package.  She just pulled it out of her panties and it was already unwrapped.  I know there are different colors and types of condoms, but it didn't look like the ones I've seen.  The ones I've seen the top pocket area is more flimsy.  This one the top pocket area was rigid and stood up straight.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 08:27:45 pm »
By and large commerical sex workers are quite particular about things like condoms. They use them to protect themselves from their clients and so it's unlikely that the worker you saw is going to use  a substandard product.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.