Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:36:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: i got hiv???...am so scared  (Read 25069 times)

Offline guiltyguy

i got hiv???...am so scared
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:22:37 am »
Hi,

Me chinese...so english bad...

Me went to massage parlour in Canada...

I had a big, deep fresh cut on middle finger...bleeded A LOT an hour before and still had hanging skin on it....so very fresh cut...

I fingered lady so much...20 minutes with the same finger...she had so much fluids on my finger....i know...

I already feel tired and have sore throat!!!..

we had intensive body rub...but no insertive....i did not wear condom at all...

next day i went to psrlour and asked to see the lady...but the person at desk told me the lady doesnt work there anymore coz she had heavy drug usage and other STDs...didnt tell which stds though...so me sure infected.....

Offline RapidRod

Re: i got hiv???...am so scared
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 08:26:46 am »
No risk, why? If your finger would have been that lacerated and bleeding you wouldn't have used that finger to finger her and for the rubbing no risk in that either.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:30:25 am »
no Rapid...in excitement...i forgot...i sometimes even felt that pain...then changed fingers and again used the old finger that was hurt..so i sure used the hurt finger...for fingering most time..should i take PEP?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:35:01 am »
NO you don't need PEP.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 08:38:37 am »
so shoiuld me even get tested?...please help!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 08:43:55 am »
No need to test either.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 12:27:02 pm »
any documentation on anyone infected this way...me had blood to fluid contact...so obvious!!!

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 12:33:40 pm »
also...should there be heavy bleeding for blood to fluid transmission occur...or if bleeding not occuring...but cut dtill fresh...can fluid get connected to bloodstream?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 02:08:56 pm »
Read the "Welcome" thread.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 07:19:32 pm »
guys...i am sorry to post again...I started having diarhoea today...

also I forgot....2 weeks back I went to a strip club and a lady bit me on my lip...no blood...but she bit me...is that also infectious?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 07:29:08 pm »
Nope, that's not infectious either.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 12:05:21 am »
ok...one last question...(may be)

this cut on my finger though not bleeding still hurts!!! when I press on it...so even if it does hurt but no blood on finger...and the lady mensurating...will that pose risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 04:34:46 am »
guilty,

Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, then test and collect your negative result. Any sexually active adult should be having a routine test at least once a year anyway. If this is the extent of your sexual activities, I'm fully expecting you to test negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:46 am »
Thanks Ann,

One thing I didnt mention was I was on her tits and my genitals rubbed against her tits roughly and finally she gave me a hand job...I assumed these arent at risk....so i didnt mention them...they arent right?

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:31:09 am »
and thoughout this process I did NOT wear condom

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 12:24:40 pm »
Read the "Weclome Thread". .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 01:43:50 pm »
guilty,

NOTHING you have brought to this forum is a risk for hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple. Seriously!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 11:22:37 pm »
one more question...sorry am back...

I have bad sore throat, dry cough, body pains, headache, diarhoea, fever in just 4 days of exposure...is this possible...am i sero-converting...sorry...i know this isnt possible...i am in panic state!!!...please comment...i know..i am at low risk...but i dont know how to get out of condition like tis

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 11:32:11 pm »
Guiltyguy,

You would not show symptoms is just 4 days.  Symptoms, if they show at all, would do so 2-4 weeks after infection.

You have had no risk for hiv infection, so relax.  And stop thinking that everything that happens to your body is hiv related.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 11:20:58 pm »
thanks Morgan

I know this is no relevant to forum...but wondering if licensed massage parlors in canada have hiv tests performed on their workers regularly....me again apologize...know its not relevant...but any comments will be thanked

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 04:50:35 am »
Call them and ask.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 09:29:35 am »
thanks Rapid...

also one last question...

I observed a scratch on the top of my penis...this was because the lady did handjob and her nail scratched the circumsitioned layer of my penis...might be her nails....is this a possible HIV transmission ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 09:58:38 am »
Guilty,

You did NOT have a risk of hiv transmission in anything you have brought to this forum, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it or how many details you add.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 11:13:45 am »
thanks Ann...

Can I ask u all a question...this might be general...and not related to my exposure..

body rubs, mutual maturbation, fingering etc...do these make a person 'Sexually active'? and a person who restrains himself from having sex but do the above mentioned few go get tested regularly?

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 11:59:16 am »
Sexually active means, vaginal sex and anal sex. No, persons that get handjobs, body rubs, and mutual masturbation do not get tested. 

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 10:08:28 pm »
Thanks Rapid and Ann for being so patient...

One last question I have...this might be the last possibility....no twists and turns....

The lady I was with had very high body temperature....assuming she was goin ARS symptoms....what possibilities I have if:

1. I get vaginal fluids on my cut...coz HIV concentration will be so high!
2. if she gave me handjob...and she had sharp nails...so if it cut my penis somewhere....can Hiv spread like this?

I know me asked lot questions....but please answer these 2

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 10:10:30 pm »
Guitly,

YOU CANNOT CATCH HIV FROM A HAND JOB!

MtD

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 10:18:26 pm »
Hi Matty,
thanks...even if her nails sctrached my penis?...even if I fingered her with her viral load was at peak witha deep cut?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 10:20:44 pm »
Guilty,

This has gone far enough. You're just posting "what if's" now. We don't play the "what if" game with people. Your questions have been answered.

Move on.

MtD

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2006, 11:34:10 pm »
Hi Guys...

Please dont ban me....but i started getting lymph nodes now....am gettin crazy scared...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 12:42:37 am »
Guilty,

If you feel unwell, see your doctor. We cannot help you any further.

MtD

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 06:47:12 pm »
Hello All,

This might be a 'what if' question...but I am assuming it to be a valid question.....

While I was having some heavy body rub..the lady was on me...and i wasnt wearing any condom...since she was on me...i am completelt unaware now if my penis would have gone into her vagina...completely...may be for a minute...if that was the case should i get tested? and is it even possible for this to happen? please advice....

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2006, 07:29:38 pm »
Guilty,

You're grasping at straws now, but it's a slow day and I'll play along (briefly).

Assuming you did what I would consider the impossible, and inserted your unprotected penis into her vagina for a minute without knowing it (or, incredibly, without feeling it).  Your brief exposure would carry a very, very, very small risk of infection.  Hiv is a very fragile virus that does not easily infect, especially from a woman to a man.

You're really reaching here with these what-if scenario's and are looking a bit irrational in your fear of hiv.

If you find that only a negative test at 12/13 weeks post (non)exposure will allay your fears, then go get one......  it's your time and money.  Just don't be surprised when you're negative.

Morgan
(who likes watching Deadwood on HBO)
Morgan Landers

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2006, 08:54:49 pm »
thank u so much morgan, MtD, Ann, RR...

so when it comes to ARS...when u say 2-4 weeks...does it mean starting from the 3rd week?

is 2nd week just TOO EARLY FOR ARS and u all say its IMPOSSIBLE to get it so early?!?!...coz I have sore throat, fever, swollen glands, muscle pains after the 8th day of exposure....so this is too early?

Thanks a lot for bein patient

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2006, 09:18:24 pm »
anyone plz :(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2006, 09:20:18 pm »
Yes, that is to early.

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 12:19:10 am »
Hi All,

Is a 9 day PCR DNA...any indication? they say 70% get detected in in 48 hours is that true?

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 12:19:55 am »
i am aware that 28 days is conclusive...so is 9 days any good?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 12:40:16 am »
9 days is pretty useless. Six weeks is useful though. !2-13 weeks is conclusive. Seriously, if you are going to obsess over a fantastically small risk like you present in your scenario, the least you can do is utilize the science to prolong the agony.

Many, if not most people would not think to test over this incident. And as an HIV counselor, I would not recommend a test simply over such a brief and possibly imaginary slip. But it's really your call, one which I submit has more to do with your partner, and your guilt, than anything based on quantifiable science.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 12:42:45 am »
Hi John,
I was talkin abt the pcr DNA not the antibody....the antibody is 12-13 weeks...pcr-dna is 28 days right?

Am glad i got u to reply to one of my posts :)

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2006, 12:44:15 am »
so a pcr-dna for 9 days not antibody for 9 days...any use?....

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2006, 12:59:42 am »
Wait... you are thinking about getting a PCR test over this incident? Ack. Well, it's your money and your stress.

from our own LESSONS:

Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR): The quantitative PCR, also known as the viral load test, is considered to be highly reliable for someone who may have recently been exposed to the virus, particularly in a high-risk situation. If the virus is present, the quantitative PCR will reveal how much virus is in a person's bloodstream (the viral load). In most cases, a quantitative PCR is highly accurate within 48 to 72 hours. However, a small number of people don't have viral loads that are high enough to confirm a diagnosis until 28 days after exposure. The most widely available quantitative PCR test, AmplicorŽ version 1.5, can detect subtypes A through G, which account for 99.96% of HIV infections in the U.S.

The standard recommendation is that a negative PCR result be confirmed with an ELISA test at 13 weeks.

based on that info, which is absolutely up to date, you can probably find a physician who is willing to perform the test, for a fee, at this point. But honestly, I would never think to recommend such a thing over... well, such an event.

Your first post was pretty specific in that you were concerned over fingering. Now it seems to have changed to unprotected vaginal penetration... something that, please believe me, you would have felt and known.

however, like I say all the time, it would seem that this is guilt making your decisions for your rational brain. Please understand that choosing to let guilt dictate your actions is a slippery slope towards an irrational state of mind. You have the power to stop obsessing over HIV. It is not a punishment for sexual sin. It is a virus, with VERY specific modes of transmission.

You really are going to be OK... the moment you give yourself permission to do so.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2006, 06:19:39 am »
Guilty,

PCR testing is NOT approved for diagnostic purposes because they have a high rate of FALSE positive results. Do you really want to chance doing that to yourself? ANY result on a PCR STILL MUST BE CONFIRMED at the 12-13 week point, so you're really no further ahead. The PCR testing is expensive as well and I for one can think of better uses for that kind of dosh.

You didn't have a risk and you certainly should not be using PCR testing to determine your hiv status. Collect your negative ANTIBODY result at six weeks if you MUST test, and put this behind you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2006, 06:10:37 pm »
thnx Ann and all...

btw John...dude....u r the best!

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 10:55:20 pm »
Hi All,

I know I am asking too many questions....but am just trying to educate myself...

Though PCR DNA gives false positives...wont it be then reconfirmed with a WB test?

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2006, 02:15:49 am »
Guilty,

Yes.  So why take a test that has to be reconfirmed later anyway.  That's why it's not approved for diagnostic purposes.

An ELISA antibody test at the appropriate time is the way to go (if you were at risk to begin with).

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2006, 05:31:30 am »
Though PCR DNA gives false positives...wont it be then reconfirmed with a WB test?

guilty,

The PCR test must be confirmed with ELISA and Western Blot. Why take the risk of having a false positive PCR? Just imagine what the stress will do to you. It's a waste of time and money since ANY result on a PCR MUST still be confirmed with ELISA testing.

YOU don't need ANY testing. You didn't have a risk. If you continue to come here to wring your hands over your no-risk event, you will be given a time out to help encourage you to get the face to face counseling you need to put this into perspective. Read the Posting Guidelines in the Welcome Thread - and consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline guiltyguy

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2006, 12:39:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

I am back...couldnt stay away for long...could u all plz help?

I had a pcr dna at 9 days after exposure...it came back negative...things started going away for the next 4-5 days...until yesterday evening...where everything spiked up all of a sudden....fever - 100, swollen glands, diahroea, nausea, rash...and currently hallucinating...not able to sit in front of the computer....

I was happy for 4 days and this starts soon after that...so now the virau...cAN it show up after 14 days and cause this..i am completely exhuasted...no appetite....

Offline Gargamel

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2006, 04:33:29 pm »
perhaps i´m "hijacking" now, but check out my thread, it is very similar to yours and contains many calming facts.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2006, 04:43:21 pm »
Gargamel, you're correct that is hijacking. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.