Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Becoming a low-level Lab Rat

<< < (2/2)

thunter34:

--- Quote from: leatherman on March 09, 2013, 01:08:50 pm ---ah! that brings back memories.  :D I remember when I dropped from 32 pills, tablets, gelcaps, and tablespoons of meds a day to only 28 a day and could finally go a whole 6 hours between doses.

did you find out what it was paying? just gas cards or somthing? LOL
how long/often is this study? it doesn't sound too bad - especially compared to lumbar punctures. :o

--- End quote ---

Oh, it's not really paying much of anything.  I think maybe $100 total, spread out over a couple of visits.  From where I am, and at today's prices, that's basically just gas there and back - especially when you consider that I've already taken one trip down there "on me" since the appointment got cancelled that day. 

I've done a few other ones over the years.  One involved staying at Grady for a couple of days.  I'll happily do what I can on that front from time to time, but I just can't see a lumbar puncture.  Yikes. 

wolfter:
Sorry I missed this when you orginally posted it.  Are you actually taking different meds for this trial?  Why are they testing adherance for outdated meds?

Probably the most difficult med (in terms of convenience) was which ever one it was that had to be refridgerated.  What a total pain in the ass if you wanted to stay away from home for more than a few hours.  I think it was actually worse than the every 4 hour pill since my insomnia assisted with that one.

Be sure and post the study results.  I'd love to see what they're trying to garner.

Wolfie

thunter34:

--- Quote from: wolfter on March 09, 2013, 01:44:16 pm ---Sorry I missed this when you orginally posted it.  Are you actually taking different meds for this trial?  Why are they testing adherance for outdated meds?

Probably the most difficult med (in terms of convenience) was which ever one it was that had to be refridgerated.  What a total pain in the ass if you wanted to stay away from home for more than a few hours.  I think it was actually worse than the every 4 hour pill since my insomnia assisted with that one.

Be sure and post the study results.  I'd love to see what they're trying to garner.

Wolfie

--- End quote ---

No, I am not taking different meds.  And no, they aren't testing for outdated meds.  Lots of people have to take combinations of not only HIV meds but peripheral meds and sometimes the scheduling of them all can get complicated.  It's about finding what obstacles impede adherence to meds as a whole and what can be done to improve it.

elf:
I would love to be in a survey.

I'm thinking of faking substance abuse, so I could take Antabuse for some months
(which would flush out my HIV reservoir, at least partially, but every single % counts)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version