Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:57:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Proposed: AMG London / AMG Las Vegas  (Read 16555 times)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Proposed: AMG London / AMG Las Vegas
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:48:56 pm »
I am over all the confusion on AMG and so I propose that we hold two AMGs, one in London and one in Las Vegas.  With 25 and 19 votes, respectively, there are more than enough people to have two separate events and let's be honest, money matters, so why limit the choice to one or the other?

We can do both and I insist that we try.  No forget that.  I insist that we do it.  Those of you who have attended an AMG, know the power they hold.  Do you really want to limit how many of our members, can experience such an event?  I don't and I won't.  Everybody get over yourselves and concentrate on doing what we do best, supporting each other.

The only reason for not having two events is that either not enough people care, or there is way too much testosterone in this forum.  Take your pick, but get over it.

I also think a Skype hookup, during both events would be a real milestone for this place.  Think big people.  Hell, if we can live with HIV, surely a bunch of queens can plan two parties!!!

edited to add:  For all of you who have attended an AMG, please let your voice be heard and support this with all your heart.  So many of us have connected through AMGs and to think that we would limit that possibility, to a select few, well, that is far beneath us
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:05:52 pm by killfoile »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: AMG London / AMG Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
Well said Kill. I agree with this. For those of us who cannot go to London I see no reason why we can't gather in Las Vegas. Count me in.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Longislander

Re: Proposed: AMG London / AMG Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:50:20 pm »
As someone who attended the AMG 2009 only, and for just one overnight stay, the experience was far better than I expected, and beyond my limited vocabulary to describe.

Having 2 separate AMG's , allowing people on different sides of the world to experience this type of gathering, is a great idea.  Everyone here should benefit from attending an AMG at least once.

They may even be held at two different time periods, and those who can , may even afford to attend both.

Good idea Joe, I'm all for it, a sensible solution.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 08:52:25 am »
I also think this is a sensible solution. As a rather poor transperson who can neither afford to go to London nor wishes to deal with the passport issues, Las Vegas would give me the opportunity to attend another AMG. I think the one important thing would be to hold them at different times so if someone wanted to go to both, they could. Viva Las Vegas!
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:16:47 am »
Drive 550 miles, and I'm in Vegas.
Drive, fly, taxi, bus......  I'm in London.   Guess which one I'll be planning on......

Joe, this isn't rocket science and has the support of far more people than you might think.  I'll see you in Las Vegas, upon my return from Yellowstone...  :)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Wagner

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:35:05 pm »
Being a newby to all this and reading the various posts/threads, insult-hurling and posturing has proven REALLY interesting.  A democratic process was put in place to decide a destination but when that destination was somewhere OTHER than where certain people wanted it to be, they introduce a splinter group.  Their justification for doing so, among other things, was expense etc.etc.

I haven't seen anyone do this over previous outcomes yet those people in Europe have been told:  form your own.  And now they're told:  we'll have two!

Killfoile's rants are always self-serving and he's probably against London because he's an insulated pea-brained individual who's probably never been out of his country. 

I voted for London.  I thought what the hell, it would have been interesting to meet this group but the behaviour of a few have ruined it for me.  I think I'll stay where I am - the world is far too full of ignoramuses for me to welcome them on my own doorstep.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 02:27:35 pm »
Being a newby to all this and reading the various posts/threads, insult-hurling and posturing has proven REALLY interesting.  A democratic process was put in place to decide a destination but when that destination was somewhere OTHER than where certain people wanted it to be, they introduce a splinter group.  Their justification for doing so, among other things, was expense etc.etc.

I haven't seen anyone do this over previous outcomes yet those people in Europe have been told:  form your own.  And now they're told:  we'll have two!

Killfoile's rants are always self-serving and he's probably against London because he's an insulated pea-brained individual who's probably never been out of his country.  

I voted for London.  I thought what the hell, it would have been interesting to meet this group but the behaviour of a few have ruined it for me.  I think I'll stay where I am - the world is far too full of ignoramuses for me to welcome them on my own doorstep.

As a newbie, you should be careful when throwing around insults to members, when you have little history.  There is no "rant" involved in this very sensible suggestion to INCREASE the number of folks that may be able to attend an AMG.  If you want to attend the London one, then by all means do so.  To even hint at the thought that this should be the one and only gathering is a bit extreme.

This is not a "spliinter group".  It is a way for folks who can't afford to travel to Europe to get together with others from this SUPPORT GROUP.  It doesn't (or shouldn't, at any rate) threaten the ability of the London AMG to be successful.  There have been a number of European members who have not attended an AMG due to financial constraints, so it should surprise no one that there are a number of North American members who can afford to attend an AMG held in Europe.  Does this mean they can't have any AMG support?  The answer is NO.  While there hasn't been a second AMG in Europe in any of the past 5 yrs, this doesn't mean that there couldn't have been.  All that was required was for a few individuals to pull it together.  That is what seems to be happening for 2010 -- only in reverse.

If you want to help the London AMG be successful, perhaps you should volunteer to help, instead of stirring up drama and insulting long standing members in one of your very first posts on these forums.

Finally, before anyone screams bias on my part -- I hope to be able to attend BOTH.  Whether or not that can happen depends on when each is held and other specfics.  I love London and have a friend that I grew up with who has lived in London for 10 years now, so I would never turn down a chance to enjoy a chance to visit with her as well as meet new people from these forums.  AMG is a fantastic experience -- unfortunately, the planning of each seems to be a necessary evil, filled with unneeded drama, that must be gotten through.

Mike

Offline Dennis

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 02:42:13 pm »
Wagner,

Although AMG has been held in North America for the past five years (voted on by members), it has also been encouraged that our European friends plan a gathering closer to home. For whatever reason this has never occured.

So, finally, AMG has been voted on by the members to be held in London. Great! Make it happen and may it be successful! But why, may I ask, is it that you should not expect us on this side of the pond not to plan a gathering closer to our home?

Being a newby to all this and reading the various posts/threads, insult-hurling and posturing has proven REALLY interesting.  A democratic process was put in place to decide a destination but when that destination was somewhere OTHER than where certain people wanted it to be, they introduce a splinter group.  Their justification for doing so, among other things, was expense etc.etc.

I haven't seen anyone do this over previous outcomes yet those people in Europe have been told:  form your own.  And now they're told:  we'll have two!

I voted for London.  I thought what the hell, it would have been interesting to meet this group but the behaviour of a few have ruined it for me.  I think I'll stay where I am - the world is far too full of ignoramuses for me to welcome them on my own doorstep.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »

I voted for London.  I thought what the hell, it would have been interesting to meet this group but the behaviour of a few have ruined it for me.  I think I'll stay where I am - the world is far too full of ignoramuses for me to welcome them on my own doorstep.

Lovely.  Please think twice before you resort to name calling within these boards (Joe especially does not deserve to be attacked).   Your four posts indicate that you have not interacted with anyone to be doing this.

Returning to the original topic, it has been acknowledged by several members that having two AMGs would be a good idea.  All that would be needed is for someone to organise the one in London as Dennis would not be able to take care of both tasks.  
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 04:56:53 pm »
If you had bothered to read all the threads, you would see that I have not voted for any AMG location and my sole goal here was to encourage that two events be held.  I hold no special power in any forum decision, and I thought my position, of not having a horse in this race, made me a reasonable advocate for both AMGs.  Based on the appearance of two AMG location threads, I guess my suggestion was accepted and I am thrilled that almost 45 people will attend an AMG in 2010.

Offline weasel

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 05:42:14 pm »
I am going to LAS VEGAS !

Last year  I donated $$$$$$$$$$

This year I WILL   enjoy  the party   ;)

Looking forward  to the  gathering

Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 06:43:44 pm »

Confucius say "Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement."

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 07:36:58 pm »

I don't know what you are moaning about, you voted for London..London won the vote for those who want to go to London.

However I do agree with you on one thing, I think you should stay where you are, I don't think anyone would want their AMG spoiled by someone who has no respect for the members here and who displays childish behaviour by name calling...did it ever occur to you that maybe you would be the one not wanted on the doorstep...no?...didn't think so.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 07:46:48 pm »
If you had bothered to read all the threads, you would see that I have not voted for any AMG location and my sole goal here was to encourage that two events be held.  I hold no special power in any forum decision, and I thought my position, of not having a horse in this race, made me a reasonable advocate for both AMGs.  Based on the appearance of two AMG location threads, I guess my suggestion was accepted and I am thrilled that almost 45 people will attend an AMG in 2010.

Joe, your restraint is what has always amazed me.  I only wish that Wagner could see the stamps on your Passport.  Ric

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 09:45:46 pm »
I'm leaving the discussion, because I cannot attend and I imagine, to many, my assistance is unwarranted.  I have no problem with that and you can't blame a guy for trying.  What I don't understand is why two events cannot be held and surely you can arrive at a compromise regarding grants, because you also have twice the number of people participating.  Also, there are a lot of members who will help other members quietly and I would think with twice the number of attendees, the amount of grants would increase as well.  It would appear that I over stepped my role and if anyone is offended, I apologize.

In the end, it comes down to what you want to do.  It really is as simple as that.

Offline Wagner

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 10:08:01 am »
One doesn't need to be a long standing member to make comment unless you wish to begin another thread about how many messages someone needs to post before they become a member?  The sole goal here is to splinter the group for your own ends, pure and simple.  You talk of how powerful these gatherings and yet, the first time a european city is voted for, you're quite happy to slapdash the results, dilute the attendance and ROB those individuals who might just benefit from such a gathering.  You'll argue that they can still go to London - well of course they can - but if there are two, one on their doorstep and one which requires a little more effort-their minds will be more than likely change in line with guess who?  KILLFOILE.

Jan-get a life dear.

Offline Dennis

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 10:28:04 am »
Tell us how attendance to AMG London will be diluted by having a competing event in Las Vegas (hence the question I posted in another thread.)

Please supply us with data to back up your answer.

One doesn't need to be a long standing member to make comment unless you wish to begin another thread about how many messages someone needs to post before they become a member?  The sole goal here is to splinter the group for your own ends, pure and simple.  You talk of how powerful these gatherings and yet, the first time a european city is voted for, you're quite happy to slapdash the results, dilute the attendance and ROB those individuals who might just benefit from such a gathering.  You'll argue that they can still go to London - well of course they can - but if there are two, one on their doorstep and one which requires a little more effort-their minds will be more than likely change in line with guess who?  KILLFOILE.

Jan-get a life dear.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 10:49:33 am »

Jan-get a life dear.

You are endearing yourself to no one with your attacks on long-standing members.  Jan is almost synonomous with AMG, so you really have crossed a line there.  You certainly don't need to have lots of posts to offer your thoughts, but you should have HISTORY to back them up. 
Every year that the vote put the AMG in North America a suggestion was made to have a second one in Europe, knowing that finances would be a hinderance for many to attend in NA.  Every year, no such gathering was even attempted.  So, this year the AMG vote chose a European city -- GREAT, it's about time.  Why everyone is so surprised that the EXACT SAME SUGGESTION OF HAVING A SECONG GATHERING was made, is beyond me.  This time, however, some folks seem willing to run with it.  25 people voted for London, that should assure at least 25 attendees -- pretty close to the average of the first 5, i believe.  I know that there are folks from the US who would like to attend AMG in London (I am one of them), but they need to have some details worked out in order to commit.  Are you planning to attend AMG next year??

So, dear -- I suggest that YOU get a life, and stop attacking other members here.

mike

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 10:57:28 am »

Jan-get a life dear.

Jan and Killfoile contribute a whole lot more to these boards than you do.  All I've noticed coming from you in your grand total of six posts is a whole lot of bitching and whining.  Since you're so passionate about the London AMG event, I nominate YOU to organize it.  :-*

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 11:24:45 am »

Apparently the idea of expanding AMG, so the most people can attend, is yet another plot by the AMG cabal.  Forget the fact that most members, from either continent, would be hard pressed to attend an event so far from home.  My goal was simply to repeat the idea of having two AMGs to increase attendance, but you believe what you will and I wish you luck in coordinating AMG 2010 London.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 05:11:52 pm »

Jan-get a life dear.

Oh Gosh, it doesn't take one long to push ones buttons to get one bitchy now does it Dear

If you continue to attack or insult the OP in this or any other thread you decide to take part in then you will be given a verbal warning, followed by a TO if you continue, something you should know about had you read the rules of the forums, we don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

BYW...I have a wonderful life, and I doubt you have the strength of character or stamina to live the life I live or do the things I do.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 05:29:50 pm »
Wagner,

Although AMG has been held in North America for the past five years (voted on by members), it has also been encouraged that our European friends plan a gathering closer to home. For whatever reason this has never occured.

Yes it has. Herman and some others had one in Amsterdam.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 06:00:29 pm »
Tell us how attendance to AMG London will be diluted by having a competing event in Las Vegas (hence the question I posted in another thread.)
I think your sentence sorta says what I believe, LAS would compete with London.  Compete for attendance, resources, GC funds, etc.  Certainly people can gather, privately, whenever and whereever they wish.  But given that it's unlikely very many individuals will be able to do both cities, they will in effect compete with each other.

I'm under no illusions that London is a cheap city, but I do think people exaggerate its costs (or haven't done much due diligence, so they may be going by past experience when the dollar was pretty low against the pound).  But this can't just be about cost, we've done San Francisco, which isn't exactly cheap.  

People keep bringing up that no one in Europe wants to plan the event.  I don't think that's the case (a few people have messaged me offering up their assistance).  Besides the fact that there has been a group gathering in Europe, it's also true that the official AMG events have never been held in Europe, so there was never a need to plan anything here.  Some of us have a fundamental disagreement about having a splinter AMG group gathering.  That we refuse to plan such an event doesn't mean we are lazy, it just mean that some have no interest in planning a side show.

Offline Dennis

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 08:33:48 pm »
Cliff,

Actually, SFO was cheap for most in attendance. Weren't most in attendance from the west coast or midwest. Big difference in cost between flying a few hours across the United States and flying across the atlantic.

Your calling the gathering in London a side show because there's a "competing" gathering in Las Vegas? If that's how you feel about a gathering of members from aidsmeds.com, regardless whether it's the official AMG or not, than perhaps you aren't the right person to coordinate this event. In my opinion, this is selfish and you are doing a great disservice to those that want a gathering in Europe.

Those in North America apparently are aware of what AMG or any gathering of members means. And that is why they have shown intent to still hold a gathering, regardless of what it is called.

Each year so far, AMG has been held in North America. Has anyone ever stated that those in Europe couldn't have a gathering of their own, closer to home? You all can continue to debate this all you want. Fact is, people who can't go to London for whatever reason will be meeting in Las Vegas. This was even confirmed to me before the damn vote was even over. I received a handful of emails from members expressing this.

Get over it and start planning!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:38:52 pm by Dennis »

Offline Dennis

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 08:34:36 pm »
I stand corrected then. 1 mini gathering in 6 years.

Yes it has. Herman and some others had one in Amsterdam.

Offline Wagner

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 03:29:46 am »
Oh Gosh, it doesn't take one long to push ones buttons to get one bitchy now does it Dear

If you continue to attack or insult the OP in this or any other thread you decide to take part in then you will be given a verbal warning, followed by a TO if you continue, something you should know about had you read the rules of the forums, we don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

BYW...I have a wonderful life, and I doubt you have the strength of character or stamina to live the life I live or do the things I do.

Jan

oooohhhh - i'm being told off!  If I knew what OP or TO meant I could respond but as i really could give two shits I don't much care.  Does your wonderful life include the pig?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 03:58:38 am »
oooohhhh - i'm being told off!  If I knew what OP or TO meant I could respond but as i really could give two shits I don't much care.  Does your wonderful life include the pig?

OP- means other person

TO-means Timed Out.  This is where you lose your ability to post for a said amount of time.  In your case I don't know how long that will be because I am just a plain old member here....  I am sure one of the moderators will help you with that info though...

See ya round buddy...
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 09:50:40 am »
Wagner,

Why are you here? You've only ever posted in the AMG forum. You've never bothered to introduce yourself and it's not even clear if you're hiv positive or not. All you've done is snipe at members and it's pretty clear you don't like any of us so again, I ask you, why are you here?

If you want to know what a Time Out is and what our posting guidelines are, I suggest you read the main Welcome Thread.  Keep coming here to do nothing but hurl insults and a Time Out is just what you'll get. Please consider yourself warned.

I hope you decide to become a member who wants to make a positive contribution, but it's up to you. If you really do want to be here to gain support and offer support yourself, then act accordingly so we can put your shaky beginning behind us, move forward, and get to know each other.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:57:59 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 09:53:47 am »
OP- means other person
  ;D and to add a bit more to that; but not trying to "gang up on you" Wagner ;)

OP = original poster - the one that started a thread.

usually this person is being pointed out because the OP's thread has been hijacked and no one is talking anymore about what that person wanted to talk it. Sure you can talk about anything you want in YOUR thread; but it's just common courtesy to not badmouth the OP and to talk about what the OP wanted to discuss in their thread
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline bocker3

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:23 pm »

So, why HAVE you joined this support forum anyway?  All you have done is attack other members (including one of the forum's Moderators).  I'm not quite sure what is driving you, but you probably need to talk to someone about all this pent up anger.  It isn't healthy, and it sure has hell isn't going to allow you to gain any support among the members here.  We may have our disagreements, some of them quite ugly, but when the chips are down for someone here, you'll see folks rally around.

Mike

Offline elf

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 01:51:30 pm »
Unfortunately I cannot travel to the US because I wouldn't be given a visa (and because I would be taking my meds with me). So, I will be able to go only to UK and/or Canada (no visa and no travel ban).

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 04:50:01 pm »
I'm going to lock this thread. It serves no useful purpose. If you want to go to the official AMG in London, then please post in the London threads. If you want to go to the break-away, unofficial gathering in Vegas, post in the Vegas threads.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.